Unemployed Florida

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Unemployed Florida
Unemployed Florida
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Work Search Form Requirements

+46
looking for work 2009
seahorse
LindaLou
Sheila
John in Orlando
NELP
surfer
botanyandbodies
sa112263
maybee
grandmom49
JaxKnight
scrappy367
Me From Jax
john
garyb
mom4x
spirit
Unemployed Mamma
nachomama
DLS79
dplboc
mhigurl
pyrox
elissa
astettner
suicidal
riceckr
jim stratton
ArleneG
GonzoFL
help
Robyn
sherbetarchitect
hungry in orange city
Marc
Robbi314
JennyB
sc4ram
WMac
brb2007
daytonawanda
SaraJ
Maggi MIami
nancym
Unemployed In Orlando
50 posters

Page 2 of 15 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 15  Next

Go down

Work Search Form Requirements - Page 2 Empty Re: Work Search Form Requirements

Post  Unemployed In Orlando Wed Aug 05, 2009 6:02 pm

Updated today at 1pm on the fluidnow.com website -

http://www.floridajobs.org/unemployment/EB/EB_FAQ_Answers.html#19

EB payment and work search requirements
EB laws require a review of your work search record after you have been notified of the EB work search requirement. The week ending 7/25/09 and thereafter will require a review of your work search record before payment can be released. Payments will be processed as soon as the work search record has been reviewed.

Looks like they have to review each one now? wow..... confused

Im back on my new claim year so I dont have to send that in, has anyone experienced problems with the "review" yet?
Unemployed In Orlando
Unemployed In Orlando
Admin

https://unemployed-florida.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Work Search Form Requirements - Page 2 Empty work search forms

Post  SaraJ Wed Aug 05, 2009 10:31 pm

Unemployed In Orlando wrote:Updated today at 1pm on the fluidnow.com website -

http://www.floridajobs.org/unemployment/EB/EB_FAQ_Answers.html#19

EB payment and work search requirements
EB laws require a review of your work search record after you have been notified of the EB work search requirement. The week ending 7/25/09 and thereafter will require a review of your work search record before payment can be released. Payments will be processed as soon as the work search record has been reviewed.

Looks like they have to review each one now? wow..... confused

Im back on my new claim year so I dont have to send that in, has anyone experienced problems with the "review" yet?

Interesting. Good find UIO! Guess this is why everyone was only asked for work search info for week 7/25. AWI was getting caught up on where they are supposed to be. I had NO problems & got paid faster than I ever had. Claimed my weeks Tues, money in the bank by DD on Thurs morning. Guess it depends on how they review them. I'm just listing 2 searches as they require & no more. If you use their website (employflorida), then there is actually a record of you doing so & clicking the "apply for this job" tab. So their checking up on you is relatively easy...know what I mean. I just don't believe they have the time or resources to call & verify that you emailed/mailed your resume to all these companies. Can you imagine the HR depts if they did...there would be outrage & chaos. HR depts don't have time to field AWI calls either. So who knows....they probably just have to verify that you put down 2 jobs searches?? I guess! What do you think? confused Obviously, everyone is out there pounding the pavement.

SaraJ

Back to top Go down

Post  SaraJ Mon Aug 10, 2009 10:45 am

Did anybody claim their weeks today? Any problems or new info with the work search forms? I claim weeks tomorrow so wanted a heads up Exclamation Thanks for your input Very Happy

SaraJ

Back to top Go down

Post  SaraJ Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:45 am

Is anyone out there? Not getting any replies. Thought I'd let you know that the work search forms are the same. Filled them out on-line this morning. Guess we'll see how long it takes to actually get the weeks paid.

SaraJ

Back to top Go down

Post  Unemployed In Orlando Tue Aug 11, 2009 10:04 am

SaraJ wrote:Is anyone out there? Not getting any replies. Thought I'd let you know that the work search forms are the same. Filled them out on-line this morning. Guess we'll see how long it takes to actually get the weeks paid.

Thanks for the info Sara Smile Im on this new benefit year claim still so I do not have the work search req. Saw your post yesterday but didnt have any response for you, thought maybe someone else would have responded to you by now hehe
Unemployed In Orlando
Unemployed In Orlando
Admin

Back to top Go down

Work Search Form Requirements - Page 2 Empty EB claim yesterday

Post  Robbi314 Tue Aug 11, 2009 10:45 am

Anyone who claimed online yesterday not seeing an update on their accounts today of checks issued? I called and they are verifying each work search. I just applied online. How can they verify all of that info and issue a check on time?? I guess the checks will be late.

Robbi314

Back to top Go down

Work Search Form Requirements - Page 2 Empty EB Payment

Post  Robbi314 Tue Aug 11, 2009 11:26 am

Well, I called and was told that the system is backed up and payments won't necessarily be deposited like they were before. My first EB check claimed on 7/27 pd on 7/30. Now this one claimed on 8/10 I was told could be any day this week. Nice!! Sad

Robbi314

Back to top Go down

Work Search Form Requirements - Page 2 Empty Work Search Record VB Script Error

Post  Marc Tue Aug 11, 2009 12:24 pm

I am unable to file my claim for the week of 8/8 today. When I try to submit my second work search record, I get an error page:

Microsoft VBScript runtime error '800a01c2'
Wrong number of arguments or invalid property assignment: 'CheckDigit'
/flccid/EB_WS_Detail.asp line 53

Noone should EVER see such an error message! Very poor programming.

I have done this using several browers several times with different second work search search entries. All result in the same error.

It took the first week fine and the first work search record for the second week.

Has anyone else had a similar problem? What was the resolution?

I have tried several of the contact numbers. Mostly busy signals, some voice mail.

I suppose I can always send in the form via snail mail...

Any help would be appriciated.

Thank you,
Marc

Last edited by MDurnin on Tue Aug 11, 2009 12:57 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typos)

Marc

Back to top Go down

Post  Robbi314 Tue Aug 11, 2009 12:31 pm

They are apparently having computer issues today, according to what I was told. (See my last post)

Robbi314

Back to top Go down

Post  Marc Tue Aug 11, 2009 12:47 pm

Robbie,

What number were you able to get through on?

Marc

Back to top Go down

Post  hungry in orange city Tue Aug 11, 2009 12:58 pm

I am sure this is bad news for any of us who had to submit a work search. pale My current info shows last checks isssued 7/27, I just claimed my weeks yesterday 8/10. My brother also claimed yesterday, his info shows his checks were issued 8/10. He is not on the EB yet and did not have to submit a work search. How could they possibly have the time and resources to verify all work searches for everyone and get checks out this week Question
hungry in orange city
hungry in orange city

Back to top Go down

Work Search Form Requirements - Page 2 Empty Late Payments

Post  Robbi314 Tue Aug 11, 2009 1:05 pm

IDK how they can check all of it. It would save more money if they would just pay us the little pittance we get and be done with it. What the hell are they trying to "catch" us at not applying for non existant jobs??? Now, if I can't stop my auto deductions, my whole ck will be eaten up by bank fees. I am so disgusted. I got through on both 888-896-0091, which is just a general info line for EB, but that's who told me there were computer issues. I also got through on 204-2418, but it took me awhile. I had to keep hitting 5 then 0 and finally someone picked up. Mad

Robbi314

Back to top Go down

Post  nancym Tue Aug 11, 2009 1:26 pm

MDurnin wrote:I am unable to file my claim for the week of 8/8 today. When I try to submit my second work search record, I get an error page:

Microsoft VBScript runtime error '800a01c2'
Wrong number of arguments or invalid property assignment: 'CheckDigit'
/flccid/EB_WS_Detail.asp line 53

Marc, I'm not sure if the cause is the same, but I've had problems like that before, and perhaps because of different browser or system I didn't get that particular error code, but it just left me sitting there puzzled that the form wouldn't advance. (See my post a few weeks ago on this forum about a "hiccup" or bug in forms.)

I experienced the same thing today for one entry. It seems that some of the form fields are problematic with long data entries. The field for the url (if used) automatically cuts off at a certain character length (useless field if you ask me!), but the field for the business name (or I forgot, one of those fields near the top) doesn't always cut off automatically, and causes the form to not advance. I did the same thing I did last time, I shortened the entry and it advanced just fine.
nancym
nancym

Back to top Go down

Post  nancym Tue Aug 11, 2009 1:34 pm

Robbi314 wrote:IDK how they can check all of it. It would save more money if they would just pay us the little pittance we get and be done with it. What the hell are they trying to "catch" us at not applying for non existant jobs???

Unfortunately, I think the state is caught in a legal bind; that original 1970 law requres that the search checks be done in order to be eligible for federal money. But from all I've read from other states and what's been said before, I think they are just checking that the form has 2 job searches on different days and the the form fields are all filled in, something that could be done in part by a computer or a scanner. Then I think they may be obligated to do occasional spot checks on a few claims, or maybe follow up if any look suspicious, but other than that, I think we can assume that they are not calling up all those employers to check it all out. They'd have the business community furious with them if they did!

Sure, they have to do more checking of the work searches, even quick scans, but I think more likely the problem is just the sheer number of claimns in the system, and the computer load of all those work searches, even if no one checked them. It's still the old 1970 system, even if it does have new programming.

Last edited by nancym on Wed Aug 12, 2009 7:50 am; edited 1 time in total
nancym
nancym

Back to top Go down

Post  Marc Tue Aug 11, 2009 1:58 pm

Thanks for your helpful replies Robbi & Nancy.

I got through to the 0091 number & she was useless.
I called the Tallhassee number. Someone is supposed to call me back within 72 hours. This has worked in the past.

I also sent a detailed email via the website which was acknowledged. Hopefully that will send up a red flag to someone.

I did review your "hiccup" posts and tried shortening a few of the longer enties, no URLs. I also tried a second work search which had different entry data, e.g. shorter fields no job id. I am afraid that my initial, successful work search record entry may have some data fields that are too long and are causing overflow errors. The fact that I was presented with this untrapped error page suggest some very careless programming techniques at the least. Users should never see that sort of thing. I wrote code and systems for a couple of decades and learned early on trapping errors and presenting meaningful displays to the user if errors happened made for a better day for all concerned...

I hope that Nancy is right about AWI verifying work search records. I'm sure a vast majority are valid, but employers would not be pleased with the inquiries and the require AWI manpower required would be tremendous...job opportunities...

I keep all posted here.

Marc

Last edited by MDurnin on Tue Aug 11, 2009 1:59 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typos)

Marc

Back to top Go down

Post  Unemployed In Orlando Tue Aug 11, 2009 3:42 pm

MDurnin wrote:Thanks for your helpful replies Robbi & Nancy.

I got through to the 0091 number & she was useless.
I called the Tallhassee number. Someone is supposed to call me back within 72 hours. This has worked in the past.

I also sent a detailed email via the website which was acknowledged. Hopefully that will send up a red flag to someone.

I did review your "hiccup" posts and tried shortening a few of the longer enties, no URLs. I also tried a second work search which had different entry data, e.g. shorter fields no job id. I am afraid that my initial, successful work search record entry may have some data fields that are too long and are causing overflow errors. The fact that I was presented with this untrapped error page suggest some very careless programming techniques at the least. Users should never see that sort of thing. I wrote code and systems for a couple of decades and learned early on trapping errors and presenting meaningful displays to the user if errors happened made for a better day for all concerned...

I hope that Nancy is right about AWI verifying work search records. I'm sure a vast majority are valid, but employers would not be pleased with the inquiries and the require AWI manpower required would be tremendous...job opportunities...

I keep all posted here.

Marc

Marc, I would try and call Melody or Josh at the number and extensions posted under the AWI contacts thread if I were you
Unemployed In Orlando
Unemployed In Orlando
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Marc Tue Aug 11, 2009 3:55 pm

Thanks, I left a message for Josh this morning.

Marc

Back to top Go down

Post  sherbetarchitect Tue Aug 11, 2009 5:16 pm

so no check will be issued until they do what? this is ridiculous. we have bills to pay. i have 30 dollars (or less) till this money comes in and 2 kids! unbelievable. i thought everything was fixed when i got my retro and then when i claimed my weeks last time and it went thru without a hitch. and it is 2 work search activities on 2 separate days not 3 btw!

sherbetarchitect

Back to top Go down

Post  Robbi314 Tue Aug 11, 2009 5:21 pm

I agree this is bull. I had scheduled my bills to be taken from my ck account tomorrowas I have always done when I knew my direct deposit was coming. I was unable tocancel this process for some today. So now I will have to face NSF charges that I can't afford. This is heinous!!!!!!!

Robbi314

Back to top Go down

Post  hungry in orange city Tue Aug 11, 2009 5:57 pm

I only put 2 searches per week, but I put 2 that were on the same date even though I had others that I could have listed. Mad I sure hope that dont mess it up !
hungry in orange city
hungry in orange city

Back to top Go down

Post  Unemployed In Orlando Tue Aug 11, 2009 6:17 pm

Man I knew this crazy shit would come up. They knew damn well that they do not have the resources to do this verification process but I guess that will be the next issue, that payments will go out late because of the backed up weekly claims that need employment search verification. Evil or Very Mad

Im still on the newly recertified benefit year so I do not have to submit this until it runs out and I go back onto my remaining EB credits.

If anyone has had success on checks going out this week and getting DD please post here for others to read.
Unemployed In Orlando
Unemployed In Orlando
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Unemployed In Orlando Tue Aug 11, 2009 6:18 pm

hungry in orange city wrote:I only put 2 searches per week, but I put 2 that were on the same date even though I had others that I could have listed. Mad I sure hope that dont mess it up !

Hungry, I saw somewhere on fluidnow where it said it had to be on two separate dates pale
Unemployed In Orlando
Unemployed In Orlando
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Unemployed In Orlando Tue Aug 11, 2009 6:21 pm

Yup, here it is, off the EB FAQ

What are EB work search requirements?
You must make a systematic and sustained effort to obtain work during each week that EB is claimed. This means that you must conduct at least two work search activities per week on separate days.

Hungry, maybe you should call and see if they can amend those weeks claimed to reflect a work search on a different date and maybe not have any kickback issues.
Unemployed In Orlando
Unemployed In Orlando
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Robbi314 Tue Aug 11, 2009 6:42 pm

Hey Maggie,
I claim on Mondays. Usually on Tuesday morning my account is updated showing a check has been issued and my next claim date. This morning my next claim date was correct but no check had been issued and my balance stayed the same. So I doubt a check willl be DD in my account tomorrow. So the heck with all the bills that need to be paid before I get cut off. Too bad so sad. All over a dumba** waste of time work search where there are no jobs anyway that want to pay you anything but a commission or some bogus thing that has nothing to even do with what the job description says or you apply for. I am so over it. Don't these morons think we would rather have jobs than be put through this and be made to feel like beggars?????

Robbi314

Back to top Go down

Post  Maggi MIami Tue Aug 11, 2009 6:45 pm

ok, the thing is this…..all these companies that receive our job applications…you know how many of them things they get? hundreds and hundreds! i went to an interview yesterday and the person that interviewed me was nice enough to confide that they had received almost 400 applications on line thru their ad on Career Builders for just ONE job, so, you think of this, when the people in charge of calling to verify our job applications, do you honestly think that the human resources or receptionist or whatever they call will take time to search thru ALL of the applications to see if yours is there? i would not think so, that is insane, so i don’t know how or what method they are using to verify the applications, Evil or Very Mad
Maggi MIami
Maggi MIami

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 15 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 15  Next