Unemployed Florida

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Unemployed Florida
Unemployed Florida
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Work Search Form Requirements

+46
looking for work 2009
seahorse
LindaLou
Sheila
John in Orlando
NELP
surfer
botanyandbodies
sa112263
maybee
grandmom49
JaxKnight
scrappy367
Me From Jax
john
garyb
mom4x
spirit
Unemployed Mamma
nachomama
DLS79
dplboc
mhigurl
pyrox
elissa
astettner
suicidal
riceckr
jim stratton
ArleneG
GonzoFL
help
Robyn
sherbetarchitect
hungry in orange city
Marc
Robbi314
JennyB
sc4ram
WMac
brb2007
daytonawanda
SaraJ
Maggi MIami
nancym
Unemployed In Orlando
50 posters

Page 4 of 15 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9 ... 15  Next

Go down

Work Search Form Requirements - Page 4 Empty Re: Work Search Form Requirements

Post  Robbi314 Thu Aug 13, 2009 11:19 am

I believe it is the WONDERFUL state of Florida using our money for other purposes until other funding is disbursed to them. It's BULL!!

Robbi314

Back to top Go down

Post  Robbi314 Thu Aug 13, 2009 11:27 am

Also, I just got my mail and received the Unemployment Compensation Program booklet they always send out when you are out of benefits. Wierd. I SHOULD be getting them until mid September. Sad I hope they didn't cut me off.

Robbi314

Back to top Go down

Post  help Thu Aug 13, 2009 11:28 am

I would call them. I called on Tuesday and got my dd today. I was lucky because my work search was already verified and all they had to do was lift the restriction on the computer. From what I hear, by calling, you can make your claim a priority. If you don't call it will take forever.

help

Back to top Go down

Post  Robbi314 Thu Aug 13, 2009 11:42 am

I did call. They told me it would take 4 or 5 days from when I claimed, but that next time it probably wouldn't take as long. I asked how they intended to verify thousands of claimants job serches without it taking weeks. He said it wouldn't take weeks. Whatever.

Robbi314

Back to top Go down

Post  GonzoFL Thu Aug 13, 2009 12:21 pm

I just e-mailed Jim Stratton at the Sentinel asking him to please look into these delays concerning job search verifications. What in the Hell is Florida hoping to accomplish by trying to verify each and every job search? That's just plain stupid. It's not required by the DOL and it throws a wrench into the whole process. If the State of Florida hopes to get some kind of reward for being the dumb ass,most backward state in the country...they are well on their way with this verification B.S.
GonzoFL
GonzoFL

Back to top Go down

Post  GonzoFL Thu Aug 13, 2009 3:15 pm

I heard back from Jim Stratton at the Orlando Sentinel. He wasn't aware of the work search requirements set forth by EB. I explained it to him as best I could. Hopefully he can rattle a few chains for us.
GonzoFL
GonzoFL

Back to top Go down

Post  Robbi314 Thu Aug 13, 2009 3:19 pm

Gonzo, I think what they are trying to accomplish by doing this is quite simply job security. The government pays for the salaries for personnel to implement the EB program, not the state, so it makes the state numbers look better..yada,yada,yada!

Robbi314

Back to top Go down

Post  Robyn Thu Aug 13, 2009 3:56 pm

nancym wrote:
Robyn wrote:Nancy, next week will be my first claiming EB, assuming all goes well. I read thru all posts and I get it, but I too have income to report. It was earned this week, but I won't see it for 60 days. (verbal contract - 1099) Do you simply write the amount somewhere when claiming weeks, or do you have to provide complete details like full name of company, address, phone #? I'm so afraid claiming Extended will somehow screw me up in terms of getting a job, as in some state weirdo will call and ask if I'm really telling the truth! Yes, i'm paranoid!! Thanks~

First of all, I've never given AWI the names of any 1099 client; you don't have to. Since there is no business for which they can tag the benefits to on a 1099, they don't really care. The "employer" you list is yourself, but the form you have to fill out can seem a little weird. You have to make it very clear in the wording that what you are reporting is simply something like "self - temp small project" or "freelance" in the employer fields, and then list your own address, etc. And then I put yet more explanation in the final clarification box that explains that it was just a small temp project that is finished, etc.

In EUC, I would have to call in and report all that on the phone if the amount reported exceeded the weekly amount (in which case you don't get the extra $25, but you do get an "allowed amount" of $50 that they don't subtract from your benefit check). BUT I was surprised this week to report only $100 and then the online forms continued for me to fill all that in right away, probably resulting in a slight delay in my check (maybe).

But this week everyone seems to be delayed, so it's hard for me to know how much delay to expect either generally or because of income reporting. In EUC I could usually count on no delay if it was under the benefit amount.

(If you fill out the form and for some reason they mis-read it and the computer sends you a form as if you were the actual employer, the form allows you to just discard it if it is not applicable.)

Thanks Nancy! Your wording just helped like you would not believe. Thanks again.

Robyn

Back to top Go down

Work Search Form Requirements - Page 4 Empty JIM STRATTON CONTACT INFO

Post  Unemployed In Orlando Thu Aug 13, 2009 4:18 pm

I just got an email from Jim Stratton from the Orlando Sentinel stating he had been hearing complaints from people that there were hold-ups in payments being released due to the new work search requirements. I immediately called him and spoke to him briefly about what I know and gave him all the info I could. Jim has been a great help to us all through the months of EB issues we have been dealing with.

He did inquire if I would request any of you who are currently having payments withheld to contact him asap with a brief rundown of what is happening in each and every individual case.

If you would like to contact him please do so now at JStratton@orlandosentinel.com

For those of you unfamiliar with Jim, you can read his blog online at www.orlandosentinel.com/jimstratton

Thanks, UIO
Unemployed In Orlando
Unemployed In Orlando
Admin

https://unemployed-florida.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  ArleneG Thu Aug 13, 2009 4:35 pm

nancym wrote:Just thought I'd add my latest experiences and a bit about a small hiccup you MIGHT run into at some point, if they haven't fixed it.

For whatever reason last Tuesday I was asked to claim two weeks online, not one week as some have experienced. I was prepared for the specifics by the mail-in form, but I noticed that when I entered long entries (like long urls for internet job apps, or other long entries) I would hit enter once and it would then shorten my long answers, making urls useless to anyone actually doing an audit. Then I would have to hit submit again in order for the data to be accepted. Once I noticed this I just figured, well, that's the way they designed it, have to go with it!

But then I got to one entry that would not cut the entries short and also would not accept the data no matter how many times I hit Submit. FINALLY, after manually shortening a few lines of data, it accepted the submission.

I have no idea if this is due to a browser incompatibility (using either IE6 or current Firefox on this machine I use for these claims) or because of a slow system (I did the claim very early in the morning.) I received my DD funds without a hitch on Thursday(!), much earlier than I expected.

So, 1) if this "hiccup" ever happens with your claim, don't worry about it, just shorten whatever long entries you have, and 2) it's possible, I don't know for sure, but I think if you claim very early in the morning, you might save yourself a whole day of waiting for funds because of maybe getting into an earlier batch for processing.

Nancy, what AWI is checking is: At least 2 searches per week, on different days, and at LEAST two a week.
I spoke to an administrator at AWI and she checked my information and released my payment. She stated the 'droids' are working as fast as they can to verify the work search.

Call after you claim online. Do not call the AWI customer service # call someone in the administrative sector, stating that you need the funds for an emergency.

Florida, sorry, Floriduh waits till the fifteenth week of our EB to start the work search process.
ArleneG
ArleneG

Back to top Go down

Post  GonzoFL Thu Aug 13, 2009 4:52 pm

Thanks UIO for calling Jim and letting him know what some EB'rs are being subjected to. I encourage anyone who has been having an issue relating to job searches and the holding back of their payments to PLEASE write to Jim. Give him all the details on what the AWI rep's have been telling you. The "Bandits without guns" from the State will continue to hold your checks for ransom unless you speak up. There is no need to check every single job search in this manner. Please write Jim and give him the scoop. People need to know what kind of horseshit we are being subjected too. The sooner the public and (maybe some high up muckity-mucks) hear about this....the sooner it can be curtailed.
GonzoFL
GonzoFL

Back to top Go down

Post  Robbi314 Thu Aug 13, 2009 5:15 pm

What phone # did you call to have your funds released??

Robbi314

Back to top Go down

Post  hungry in orange city Thu Aug 13, 2009 5:40 pm

If your info has not changed, I WOULD CALL !!! The woman I just spoke with said she went ahead and processed my weeks but informed me about both searches having the same date. She said that next time make sure there are at least two seperate dates and methods of search, if not more. I had my info for my other job searches for those weeks but she did not ask for them, I dont remember her name but she was very helpful! It was the 800-204-2418#

She also said next time around they are not going to be so leenient(sp?)!

Last edited by hungry in orange city on Thu Aug 13, 2009 6:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
hungry in orange city
hungry in orange city

Back to top Go down

Post  Robbi314 Thu Aug 13, 2009 5:46 pm

I just spoke with omeone who told me they would get to me when they could. I told him my insurance was about to cancel, which it is, and he said there's a problem because I did all my job searches on the internet through Monster!!!

Robbi314

Back to top Go down

Post  hungry in orange city Thu Aug 13, 2009 5:53 pm

It is sickening, these people that are holding the money are just power tripping! ALL of mine were done through carreer builders. It just matters who answers the phone I guess.
hungry in orange city
hungry in orange city

Back to top Go down

Post  nancym Thu Aug 13, 2009 6:10 pm

Robbi314 wrote:I just spoke with someone who told me they would get to me when they could. I told him my insurance was about to cancel, which it is, and he said there's a problem because I did all my job searches on the internet through Monster!!!

WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just called Jim Stratton, then sent him an email with

1) a link to our new OC 3404 forum (he already knows about this one)
2) a link to the memo sent from the DOL to the states about actual EB requirements
3) a link to the contradicting EB statement on AWI's FAQ about not getting paid til they've done their checking
and 4) quoted your entire post about Monster!

Power-tripping IS the word for these reps.
nancym
nancym

Back to top Go down

Post  Robbi314 Thu Aug 13, 2009 6:16 pm

I'm trying to get back through to someone else. I feel sick!!

Robbi314

Back to top Go down

Post  Robbi314 Thu Aug 13, 2009 6:18 pm

Thanks Nancy Sad

Robbi314

Back to top Go down

Work Search Form Requirements - Page 4 Empty work search verification

Post  jim stratton Thu Aug 13, 2009 6:25 pm

Hi Florida's unemployed. First let me say how much I appreciate your help in keeping up to date with the goings on at AWI. Second, I need more help ...

What exactly have you been told about work search verification from AWI? Are they now verifying ALL work search activity before issuing checks? Or is it some sort of random check?

And if it's random, are they holding up checks until it can be verified? I'm most interested in what you've been told directly from AWI customer service reps or anyone else you might speak to with the agency. Feel free to e-mail your comments. Provide a number to call if you'd like.

Thanks,
Jim Stratton
Orlando Sentinel
jstratton@orlandosentinel.com

jim stratton

Back to top Go down

Post  Robbi314 Thu Aug 13, 2009 6:34 pm

I have been on hold for 45 minutes now. I give up. The last guy I spoke to told me that there are 2 problems with my job search. They were all done on Monster and all applied for over the internet. I told him that from what I read in their requirements, that was appropriate. He said no, you have to have all different methods. I told him then you need to change what is said on the website. He told me the claim will have to be adjudicated before it was paid. I said, so are you telling me my claim is being denied? Then his story changed and he said well,no, this is what everybody is going to have to go through. He said I will see something within a week!! I said, well, can I give my insurance company your name so you can explain this to them?? Because after tomorrow the only way I will abe able to apply for a job is by internet. That is till that's gone. This is what I get for working for 40 years!!

Robbi314

Back to top Go down

Post  Unemployed In Orlando Thu Aug 13, 2009 6:40 pm

jim stratton wrote:Hi Florida's unemployed. First let me say how much I appreciate your help in keeping up to date with the goings on at AWI. Second, I need more help ...

What exactly have you been told about work search verification from AWI? Are they now verifying ALL work search activity before issuing checks? Or is it some sort of random check?

And if it's random, are they holding up checks until it can be verified? I'm most interested in what you've been told directly from AWI customer service reps or anyone else you might speak to with the agency. Feel free to e-mail your comments. Provide a number to call if you'd like.

Thanks,
Jim Stratton
Orlando Sentinel
jstratton@orlandosentinel.com

Welcome Jim! Thanks for joining!

I hope you guys can provide Jim as much feedback as possible, thanks Very Happy
Unemployed In Orlando
Unemployed In Orlando
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  GonzoFL Thu Aug 13, 2009 9:56 pm

Robbi:
Have they changed the wording somewhere in the job search methods that disallows using only one method(ie:internet or phone)? If they have I can't find it. All I can find is that they state there are many ways to conduct a job search and to not restrict yourself to only one method. It does not say it would disqualify the search or it's forbidden. I'm not even directly involved in this shit fight yet and I'm already pissed off to no end. I'm not sure what the Hell's going on here,but I think your right about smelling a rat in the AWI system.....make sure you contact Jim Stratton at the Orlando Sentinel.......the crap they are telling you is the kind of information he is looking for. Give em Hell Robbi...maybe AWI needs a good flushing out....from top to bottom.
GonzoFL
GonzoFL

Back to top Go down

Post  Unemployed In Orlando Thu Aug 13, 2009 10:08 pm

I agree totally Gonzo, I am not even involved in this requirement yet and it already has my blood bubbling like it was in June waiting to find out precise correct information. Hang in there guys, and yes please do contact Jim with your stories.

They have to respond to his inquiry and hopefully not the babble they gave him about the retro weeks which blew us all away!! affraid

If you missed Jims blog entry about the response from AWI the last time around in late june/early July you can read it by clicking the link below :

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/news_local_blogonomics/2009/07/it-took-46-hours-and-three-e-mails-but-the-agency-for-workforce-innovation-has-answered-the-question-of-how-jobless-floridia.html
Unemployed In Orlando
Unemployed In Orlando
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  riceckr Thu Aug 13, 2009 10:16 pm

well I guess I'm screwed too because all of my searches were internet also.

I hope they hired more adjudicators because I remember having a chat with one around the time of the first extension and she was telling me they only had 3 adjudicators for the whole state.

riceckr

Back to top Go down

Post  Maggi MIami Thu Aug 13, 2009 10:18 pm

Well, all of my searches are done mainly on Career Builders, i also registered with Monster and i also go to jobing.com, but this one is not that good at all, and of course, they ask you to try Employ Florida, which one of the applications i had this week was one from Employ florida, what do they want from us? They want to take our lives? that's the only thing left for them to do to us,....UIO, this is so unnerving, when is this going to stop? my God, 397 applications for just one position i was told few days ago that i went to an interview, can you believe that? Rolling Eyes
Maggi MIami
Maggi MIami

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 15 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9 ... 15  Next