Unemployed Florida

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Unemployed Florida
Unemployed Florida
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

General EUC Discussion - Ongoing

+86
nanny
CRFL1015
exotiq
deetann
LOTTIE1
Dixieannjobless
Star
Beaches
atwoodt
lec1234
MerryL
bonza32
technovative
prissy88
Garys1n2
ArleneG
ThatGirl03
studioWI
gknowles
martin59
daytonaman
spd76un
hor2culture
pima54
speedy1383
Sheila
oakensoul
ofantastic
John in Orlando
1Crimson1
LindaLou
nachomama
Chris U.
fred
Jeff
dplboc
missflorida
pyrox
angry
jim stratton
BillTamBay
buccobruce
madisonsnannie
motley
surfer
Marc
lafosl
KellyB
hating politics
Unemployed Mamma
Teresa
brb2007
Michael55
Dino69
cantfindajob
robin28
Cam in FL
hsd
Robyn
scrappy367
SaraJ
JJ in Florida
Robbi314
pebbles
waybol
sharonB
LJ
michelle
GonzoFL
sc4ram
grandmom49
bittybear
Hoppy
riceckr
Judy
Tampa Bay - Anna
sherbetarchitect
MiamiVice
Me From Jax
frustratedinfl
InsuranceMan
nancym
jamfaf
tj21121008
connorsgp
Unemployed In Orlando
90 posters

Page 19 of 37 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 28 ... 37  Next

Go down

General EUC Discussion - Ongoing - Page 19 Empty Re: General EUC Discussion - Ongoing

Post  cantfindajob Thu Dec 10, 2009 4:44 pm

Nancy that slideshow hits to close to home..I'm only 51 but as of 12/21 I'd also be on the street if not for some very generous friends(waterfront to street corner (there must be a song in there)...my new home and the only place that I can stay for any length of time is in upstate NY so this delay has really hurt me....the little money I had been able to save to get there is long gone so now I have to play catchup...remember the Ahole repub senator stating this bill will get passed before anyone loses benefits...if my math is still ok...5 weeks in the senate plus 5 weeks (now) for AWI...all delay for nothing...I sure hope NELP is able to make someone realize this 12,20,14 weeks doesn't cut it and they make it a 52 week extension on the next go around...
cantfindajob
cantfindajob

Back to top Go down

General EUC Discussion - Ongoing - Page 19 Empty Re: General EUC Discussion - Ongoing

Post  Tampa Bay - Anna Thu Dec 10, 2009 4:52 pm

nancym wrote:
Tampa Bay - Anna wrote:So I am confused about the numbers when I logged into my AWI account:

"Your weekly benefit amount is $275.00.
Your available credits were: $3575.00.
Your Balance is $2750.00

A check in the amount of $988.00, was issued on 12/10/09 for 4 weeks. Checks are mailed one working day after being issued.

A stimulus check in the amount of $88.00, was issued on 12/10/09 for 4 weeks. Checks are mailed one working day after being issued."

While I'm super excited that a check has been issued, I don't understand why I'm receiving $247 per wk instead of $275. Has anyone else gotten less money than expected or know anything about this? Thanks in advance Smile

The only way you can have a stimulus check for 4 weeks that comes out to $88.00 is if you had taxes taken out. Is it possible that when you filled out that application that you may have said yes to having taxes taken out by accident (if that's not what you wanted done)?

If that's some mistake in the programming, I don't even know if they can change it that easily. If it is taxes, and you can get along on just the balance, you will probably need that paid in to the IRS anyway, what with all the taxes that will be due on benefits this year!

I actually opted not to have taxes taken out, but I bet you're right that the difference is taxes. The first go around, I had taxes taken out and I think it was about $247 after taxes. Thanks for your response Nancy Smile
Tampa Bay - Anna
Tampa Bay - Anna

Back to top Go down

Post  nancym Thu Dec 10, 2009 4:56 pm

cantfindajob--

Yes, it was a bit too close for comfort for me too. I will have to go up to Maryland to some friends' house (not really any room there), with not really any moving funds, by March or so if nothing else changes. The slideshow is right in my face that I have to get moving to get rid of all the excess STUFF I don't need in case of such a move.

And I remembered my father (no longer living) who had been so outraged and even shocked when back in the '70's I was in school in Chicago (my home was in Maine) and I told him about all the strange "basket ladies," the older, sometimes crazed, women who frequented the streets of Chicago's downtown area. They were homeless, and he was shocked that this country was letting that happen to women, especially older women. Of course, even though he was not a veteran, he was part of the "greatest generation."
nancym
nancym

Back to top Go down

Post  michelle Thu Dec 10, 2009 4:57 pm

I just got off the phone with Melody and she processed my claim for me I should be able to claim weeks tomorrow or monday. YEAH!! Thank you Melody! General EUC Discussion - Ongoing - Page 19 Icon_bounce
michelle
michelle

Back to top Go down

Post  Teresa Thu Dec 10, 2009 4:58 pm

michelle wrote:I just got off the phone with Melody and she processed my claim for me I should be able to claim weeks tomorrow or monday. YEAH!! Thank you Melody! General EUC Discussion - Ongoing - Page 19 Icon_bounce

did she call you back, or did you have to call her again?

Teresa

Back to top Go down

Post  michelle Thu Dec 10, 2009 5:04 pm

Teresa wrote:
michelle wrote:I just got off the phone with Melody and she processed my claim for me I should be able to claim weeks tomorrow or monday. YEAH!! Thank you Melody! General EUC Discussion - Ongoing - Page 19 Icon_bounce

did she call you back, or did you have to call her again?

she just called me back. she apologized for how long it took due to the many calls before me. try calling her again she is very nice and very helpful. now I see why everyone has such good things to say about her.
michelle
michelle

Back to top Go down

Post  nancym Thu Dec 10, 2009 5:05 pm

Jeff wrote:

Thanks for the response Motley. So you're saying that they have misinterpreted the law, and/or that the word is not in harmony with the purpose/spirit of the law? Surely it wasn't intended to push people out of benefits for two dollars.

Jeff--please see my response above at 2:34 PM for added information.

The problem was essentially a conflict of existing and new laws that developed because of the delay in Congress for what Rep McDermott from Washington originally wrote up as an "emergency bill" when he realized that so many people were going to run out of benefits way back last September. He had written a much bigger bill before that which would be far more expensive and harder to get passed, so he wrote up the second one for the emergency.

The House passed his bill rather quickly after he introduced it in early September, and it would have given the people who were unemployed the longest all those weeks in the bill. But it took so long to get this "emergency" bill through Congress with the delays, the obstruction, and the amendments that it came into conflict with ARRA deadlines by the time it passed.
nancym
nancym

Back to top Go down

Post  motley Thu Dec 10, 2009 5:46 pm

Jeff wrote:
motley wrote:
Jeff wrote:I don't know where this post applies. So I'll post here with my fingers crossed. My EUC2 benefits would have exhausted by 12/26. But then when I checked my balance today, there was an extra $107. added to my funds. This will leave me with an $6.00 balance on 12/26, which will extend my benefits ( with a six dollar check) thru Jan2. And I will miss the cutoff for the Tier3 extention by two days.

I called the unemployment office and was told that the President had signed something that added 4% to my original benefit amount. I asked if they could take it back or if I could deny it. But they said no. Is anyone familiar with this four percent thing? Is it legitimate? It really screwed me up because the job situation here is bad, and I was hoping that by march or april it might look a little rosier. I was anticipating that extra 20 weeks. Now I am just floored.

Jeff, i am in the same boat as you except my check will be for $2.00 on 1/2/10
HR3548 which is the bill that was signed 11/6/2009 gave an additional 20 weeks which as of right now unless the dates are extended you can only get 14 weeks at this time, but the way it is worded it now changes the amount of tier 2 from 50% of your original benefit amount to 54% of original amount which is where the 4% they told you was from. I have been going back and fourth with AWI with no luck, told them the same keep the $2.00 no such luck, All we can hope for is they extend the expiration dates past 12/31/09 before they leave for x-mas break.

Thanks for the response Motley. So you're saying that they have misinterpreted the law, and/or that the word is not in harmony with the purpose/spirit of the law? Surely it wasn't intended to push people out of benefits for two dollars.

Sorry Jeff just saw this was sending emails to all state's rep's to try to push getting the dates extended. No i don't think they misinterpreted although what doesn't florida AWI misinterprete. That's the fastest i have seen them move, they sure wasted no time crediting my account so i would no longer be eligible. I have spoke to the DOL a few times this week, they have had tallahasee call me 3 times this week, they called again yesterday afternoon thinking they were going to be the hero, they told me that they recaulculated and i was infact eligible, but when we added over the phone we again came up with i would miss it by $2.00, she was wishing she had never called when she realized that. DOL called me this morning to follow up that it was taken care of i told them that i was still over by $2.00 they said they will get back to me. So if i hear something i'll let you know.

motley

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeff Thu Dec 10, 2009 6:17 pm

nancym wrote:
motley wrote:
Jeff wrote:I don't know where this post applies. So I'll post here with my fingers crossed. My EUC2 benefits would have exhausted by 12/26. But then when I checked my balance today, there was an extra $107. added to my funds. This will leave me with an $6.00 balance on 12/26, which will extend my benefits ( with a six dollar check) thru Jan2. And I will miss the cutoff for the Tier3 extention by two days.

I called the unemployment office and was told that the President had signed something that added 4% to my original benefit amount. I asked if they could take it back or if I could deny it. But they said no. Is anyone familiar with this four percent thing? Is it legitimate? It really screwed me up because the job situation here is bad, and I was hoping that by march or april it might look a little rosier. I was anticipating that extra 20 weeks. Now I am just floored.

HR3548 which is the bill that was signed 11/6/2009 gave an additional 20 weeks which as of right now unless the dates are extended you can only get 14 weeks at this time, but the way it is worded it now changes the amount of tier 2 from 50% of your original benefit amount to 54% of original amount which is where the 4% they told you was from. I have been going back and fourth with AWI with no luck, told them the same keep the $2.00 no such luck, All we can hope for is they extend the expiration dates past 12/31/09 before they leave for x-mas break.

Jeff--I hate to say it, but I have to add my own agreement to what motley says here. It's not that they added that extra 4% just to screw a few people over, but when the re-configured the multiple Tiers so that it would somehow be in sync with the existing benefits that all the states were already paying out, they added that extra week to Tier 2, which presented a bit of a nightmare to implement, especially with states using 1970 computers like Florida.

Then to make things INFINITELY worse, the Senate (really the whole Congress, but the Senate was the worst delay, and IMHO especially the Republicans), by the time Congress finally passed the new bill, the provisions butted up against a previous deadline for the whole EUC program that was funded from the feds with ARRA.

And you are one of the ones who had a right to expect more, but now are cut short. Even those who only got the first 26 weeks of regular benefits will not have even Tier 1 to look forward to after Dec 31, until they pass HR 4183 and/or S. 2831, it's companion bill, or a similar bill, and we're still hoping before Christmas. (See "Senate bills..." in another part of this website for the discussion thread there.)

I appreciate the response and info nancym. I wonder if the Senate and Congress realize that the four percent addition to peoples accounts are bumping them right out of qualifying for the very benefits which they just passed. In some cases by as little as one dollar and one day.(mine is eight dollars and two days). Not to mention, as you said, those who became unemployed the past several months,,,,say, June and July of this year, whose benefits end in January. After watching the last extension inch it's way thru the process, eating up the calendar days, I am hesitant to trust in a resolution to the matter by Christmas. But it is a wonderfull prospect for which to pray.

Jeff

Back to top Go down

Post  Marc Thu Dec 10, 2009 6:21 pm

robin28 wrote:I just tried to call Melody at X5293 and a recording told me I could not be transfered to that number. So I left a message in the general voicemail box when directed too.
Robin,

I also received the same message this morning when I tried to leave a message for Melody and then Cassandra also. Very discouraging. An hour or so later, I called again, entered Cassandra's extension and to my shock, she answered! She explained this message is played when "all of her lines are busy". OK. Cassandra was very nice and understanding. She "manually" pushed my EUC III application through, noting that neither the FLORIDA nor zip code answer problems were evident. She said I should be able to claim 4 weeks tomorrow, Friday, morning. If not, she encouraged me to call her back and she would help. Very nice and helpful lady. Smile

So, Robin, hang in there and persevere. I think they are trying to get this right. Good luck.

Marc

Marc

Back to top Go down

Post  missflorida Thu Dec 10, 2009 6:26 pm

Update:

I claimed my weeks this morning but no payments were sent out yet. Usually, my payments are processed the same day I claim weeks. Also, it's telling me to claim on 12/07 but I've already claimed those weeks.

missflorida

Back to top Go down

Post  grandmom49 Thu Dec 10, 2009 7:28 pm

This is beyond ludicrous. They devise an application which requires the entry of unnecessary information and flags the application when any of that information (including entering a change of address) does not match what is in the records. I realize that anyone can make a mistake but that no one in an agency the size of AWI foresaw what has occurred is beyond my comprehension.
Actually I am posting this to commend 2 more AWI employees. Frank Ortiz & his supervisor Ms. King at the Orlando Call Center exhibited just as much concern and knowledge as our contacts Cassandra & Melody. It was the 2 of them working together who discovered that the change of address was the reason for my neighbor's application being kicked out of the processing system. She did not even know anything was wrong until Frank called her. So now my neighbor thinks I have been exaggerating about the inefficiency of the Call Center reps. Ms. King told my neighbor that there were thousands of applications that required this type of processing but that everything should be corrected by 12/21.

grandmom49

Back to top Go down

Post  lafosl Thu Dec 10, 2009 7:41 pm

missflorida wrote:Update:

I claimed my weeks this morning but no payments were sent out yet. Usually, my payments are processed the same day I claim weeks. Also, it's telling me to claim on 12/07 but I've already claimed those weeks.

Me, too. The exact thing is happening with me. Guess I will not recieve a payment until after the weekend. Sad

lafosl

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeff Thu Dec 10, 2009 8:40 pm

motley wrote:
Jeff wrote:
motley wrote:

Sorry Jeff just saw this was sending emails to all state's rep's to try to push getting the dates extended. No i don't think they misinterpreted although what doesn't florida AWI misinterprete. That's the fastest i have seen them move, they sure wasted no time crediting my account so i would no longer be eligible. I have spoke to the DOL a few times this week, they have had tallahasee call me 3 times this week, they called again yesterday afternoon thinking they were going to be the hero, they told me that they recaulculated and i was infact eligible, but when we added over the phone we again came up with i would miss it by $2.00, she was wishing she had never called when she realized that. DOL called me this morning to follow up that it was taken care of i told them that i was still over by $2.00 they said they will get back to me. So if i hear something i'll let you know.

Thanks Motley. Interesting news. You seem to be getting some results. And I'm impressed that the powers that be are working to help you. I hope you succeed because of course, your success is my and others possibility. ;-)

Jeff

Back to top Go down

Post  MiamiVice Thu Dec 10, 2009 9:19 pm

Hellooo friends and UIO!!!! FINALLY! Yes! My claim was updated today to a check issued today for four weeks, retro to 11/14 to 12/5. Thanks to Cassandra, bless her heart, she was so helpful!!!!!!!

Now, i got an actual balance of 2,725. so that will give me about 11 weeks, which is really strange and that is the exact amount i had in the EB, so, i am a bit disgusted about that,

UIO, how will we know, when t the other bill for the extra 6 weeks is approved????because this has been TOTALLY CRAZY with this HR3548 or whatever ir was, i think this forum will keep monitoring that item, right? otherwise, how will we know????/ I am ONLY going to use this money for my rent, phone, cable and light. This has been an awful Rough Road and i learned the lesson more than well, no miscellaneous nor stravaganzas for me, because my big worry now is when this is over, if there are no jobs and no more assistance, how in the world are we going to make it????? \

Rolling Eyes
MiamiVice
MiamiVice

Back to top Go down

Post  Unemployed In Orlando Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:51 pm

MiamiVice wrote:Hellooo friends and UIO!!!! FINALLY! Yes! My claim was updated today to a check issued today for four weeks, retro to 11/14 to 12/5. Thanks to Cassandra, bless her heart, she was so helpful!!!!!!!

Now, i got an actual balance of 2,725. so that will give me about 11 weeks, which is really strange and that is the exact amount i had in the EB, so, i am a bit disgusted about that,

UIO, how will we know, when t the other bill for the extra 6 weeks is approved????because this has been TOTALLY CRAZY with this HR3548 or whatever ir was, i think this forum will keep monitoring that item, right? otherwise, how will we know????/ I am ONLY going to use this money for my rent, phone, cable and light. This has been an awful Rough Road and i learned the lesson more than well, no miscellaneous nor stravaganzas for me, because my big worry now is when this is over, if there are no jobs and no more assistance, how in the world are we going to make it????? \

Rolling Eyes

Great news Maggi, I am so glad you got in touch with Cassandra!! Very Happy

Your going to have to hang tight on the other, keep an eye out here as we are posting any and all information that becomes available Smile
Unemployed In Orlando
Unemployed In Orlando
Admin

https://unemployed-florida.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  MiamiVice Fri Dec 11, 2009 12:54 am

hEY UIO!!!! ARE WE going to have a separate section for the new bill??????? cyclops
MiamiVice
MiamiVice

Back to top Go down

Post  fred Fri Dec 11, 2009 7:16 am

I applied Tier III on Monday at 7:00 AM and my account updated on Wednesday. morning for 13 weeks. This allowed me to claim 4 weeks. Nothing more by Thursday AM.. I tried to call Melody but got through to someone else. I asked her if there was a hold on my account. I asked this because last June when we applied on line for Tier II there was a hold on my account until someone reviewed the application, then released for processing. She said that all applications on line have to be reviewed before checks will process. Yesturday afternoon my account showed a check was issued. It might be a good idea if you don't see any action on your account to call melody or Cassandra or someone at that call center to see if there is a hold on your account.

fred

Back to top Go down

Post  michelle Fri Dec 11, 2009 9:10 am

finally, my account updated this morning and I was able to claim 11/14 thru 12/5. there was a balance of 3400 (that's an estimate) so I am assuming thats for the 13 weeks. Thanks again to Melody! General EUC Discussion - Ongoing - Page 19 Icon_biggrin
michelle
michelle

Back to top Go down

Post  sharonB Fri Dec 11, 2009 11:07 am

Well, here I sit reading all about how so many people are getting account updates and some are even able to claim weeks. My benefits ran out in Sept and nothing has updated, claimed, or changed to my account. I called last night and after a 25 minute wait, I was told that yes, I did file, duh! and it tales 7-10 days to process. That I should wait for my letter to tell me when to claim and for how much! Come on!!

Monday morning, I checked the site and there was no way to claim tier III. I checked back in 15 minutes and it was posted, I jumped all over it! If they are doing this on a first come first serve, as I was told in my phone call, I should have been in the top thousand at least!

I just don't know what to do or say anymore. Should I call Casandra or Melody? Would this give me any new information about my claim? I feel as though I am forgotten, lost, or even left out. I feel like something went wrong with my account. My gut instincts are usually right!

I should be signing this No Christmas for me and my daughter. (single mom) Crying or Very sad
sharonB
sharonB

Back to top Go down

Post  brb2007 Fri Dec 11, 2009 11:10 am

I just got off the phone with Cassandra and she processed my claim for me I should be able to claim weeks tomorrow or monday. YEAH!! Thank you Cassandra!

Now I can pay rent.... YEAH!!!!! cheers cheers cheers
brb2007
brb2007

Back to top Go down

Post  brb2007 Fri Dec 11, 2009 11:12 am

sharonB wrote:Well, here I sit reading all about how so many people are getting account updates and some are even able to claim weeks. My benefits ran out in Sept and nothing has updated, claimed, or changed to my account. I called last night and after a 25 minute wait, I was told that yes, I did file, duh! and it tales 7-10 days to process. That I should wait for my letter to tell me when to claim and for how much! Come on!!

Monday morning, I checked the site and there was no way to claim tier III. I checked back in 15 minutes and it was posted, I jumped all over it! If they are doing this on a first come first serve, as I was told in my phone call, I should have been in the top thousand at least!

I just don't know what to do or say anymore. Should I call Casandra or Melody? Would this give me any new information about my claim? I feel as though I am forgotten, lost, or even left out. I feel like something went wrong with my account. My gut instincts are usually right!

I should be signing this No Christmas for me and my daughter. (single mom) Crying or Very sad

Yes you should call.... they will be able to push it through...
brb2007
brb2007

Back to top Go down

Post  GonzoFL Fri Dec 11, 2009 11:18 am

SharoneB....Yes call....sounds like your getting the old AWI "Tallahassee Two Step".

Cassandra-877-846-8770 ex 1493

Melody- " " ex 5293

Two new names have appeared as "go to" people as well:

Chris-850-617-4799 ex 1786

Stacy-" " ex 1781
GonzoFL
GonzoFL

Back to top Go down

Post  Marc Fri Dec 11, 2009 11:31 am

My account was updated with a balance for 13 weeks this morning. I was able to claim 4 weeks, through Saturday 12-5, as Cassandra said. Thank you! Very Happy I will post an update regarding payment processing as soon as I see a change to my account.

Marc

Marc

Back to top Go down

Post  grandmom49 Fri Dec 11, 2009 11:40 am

sharonB wrote:Well, here I sit reading all about how so many people are getting account updates and some are even able to claim weeks. My benefits ran out in Sept and nothing has updated, claimed, or changed to my account. I called last night and after a 25 minute wait, I was told that yes, I did file, duh! and it tales 7-10 days to process. That I should wait for my letter to tell me when to claim and for how much! Come on!!

If you can't reach Cassandra or Melody you could try Frank Ortiz at 407-228-1503

grandmom49

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 37 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 28 ... 37  Next