Unemployed Florida

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Unemployed Florida
Unemployed Florida
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

If you have a Septic Tank, better save up for the new State Regulations

Go down

If you have  a Septic Tank, better save up for the new State Regulations  Empty If you have a Septic Tank, better save up for the new State Regulations

Post  sc4ram Tue Nov 02, 2010 4:25 pm

Septic Shock- (they must of snuck this thru the legislature when I wasnt looking)

http://www.news-journalonline.com/news/outdoors/environment/2010/11/02/septic-shock.html
sc4ram
sc4ram

Back to top Go down

If you have  a Septic Tank, better save up for the new State Regulations  Empty Homeowners: Flush costly septic inspections law down drain

Post  sc4ram Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:15 am

sc4ram
sc4ram

Back to top Go down

If you have  a Septic Tank, better save up for the new State Regulations  Empty Septic tank rules get cold reception

Post  sc4ram Wed Nov 17, 2010 1:22 pm

sc4ram
sc4ram

Back to top Go down

If you have  a Septic Tank, better save up for the new State Regulations  Empty Mandiitory Tank inspections delayed 6 mo

Post  sc4ram Thu Dec 02, 2010 1:19 am

Orlando Setinel Nov 16

Lawmakers also voted to delay for six months new septic-tank inspection rules they passed last spring that were set to take effect in January.

"We're talking about a multi-multi-million dollar mandate," said Sen. Don Gaetz, a Niceville Republican who said hundreds of thousands of families in his district have septic tanks that would have to be inspected under the new law, at a cost of $150 or more.

sc4ram
sc4ram

Back to top Go down

If you have  a Septic Tank, better save up for the new State Regulations  Empty State Rep. Steve Crisafulli Speaks out on Septic Tank Rule

Post  sc4ram Thu Jan 27, 2011 6:40 pm

Fla Today 1-27-11

Q: I've heard a lot of gripes from residents about upcoming inspections for septic tanks. Why cancel them?
Crisafulli: A bill came out that would have started an inspection process every five years, where people have to pay a fee. Basically, it gets bureaucracy back into the lives of everyday people.
In my district, there are homes 25 to 30 years old that would certainly have something said by the Department of Health about their septic tank, whether it's a clay-pipe system or an older system. Well, putting in a new septic system is a $12,000 to $18,000 deal, depending on your soil conditions.
The idea of that bill, originally, was to address the Wekiva River basin because they were having problems with the tanks, and they were concerned about the river. That's why that bill passed. People didn't understand that it would be statewide. I voted against it.
Q: But Brevard has whole communities like Palm Bay and Port St. John that were thrown up years ago by the General Development Corp. that should have had municipal systems, but instead got septic tanks. Are you concerned that canceling the oversight would allow more water pollution?
Crisafulli: No. In our area, it's probably not as likely. Our area is very sandy. We have good percolation. It's not as much of an issue.
sc4ram
sc4ram

Back to top Go down

If you have  a Septic Tank, better save up for the new State Regulations  Empty State Senate takes up septic tank rule repeal

Post  sc4ram Tue Feb 01, 2011 12:19 pm

sc4ram
sc4ram

Back to top Go down

If you have  a Septic Tank, better save up for the new State Regulations  Empty Tea Party testifies septic tank bill stinks

Post  sc4ram Mon Mar 21, 2011 11:55 am

sc4ram
sc4ram

Back to top Go down

If you have  a Septic Tank, better save up for the new State Regulations  Empty State Legislation to Watch

Post  sc4ram Mon Mar 21, 2011 12:07 pm

Septic tanks: HB 13/SB130 would repeal the year-old requirement to have septic tanks inspected once every five years.

sc4ram
sc4ram

Back to top Go down

If you have  a Septic Tank, better save up for the new State Regulations  Empty SEPTIC TANKS, What's Happening?

Post  sc4ram Tue Apr 12, 2011 4:37 pm

SEPTIC TANKS
What's happening: A Senate committee passed an amended repeal of a septic-tank inspection law from last year. It now allows local governments (required in counties with big springs) to adopt their own policies. Existing local regulation would to continue under the amended version.
What's next: A House bill is more sweeping in its repeal.

Read more: 2011 legislative summary | tallahassee.com | Tallahassee Democrat http://www.tallahassee.com/article/20110412/CAPITOLNEWS/104120310/2011-legislative-summary#ixzz1JL6KKDEM
sc4ram
sc4ram

Back to top Go down

If you have  a Septic Tank, better save up for the new State Regulations  Empty Manditory Septic Tank inspection for homeowners on its way to repeal

Post  sc4ram Tue Apr 19, 2011 12:00 pm

sc4ram
sc4ram

Back to top Go down

If you have  a Septic Tank, better save up for the new State Regulations  Empty Septic Tank deregulation bill moves forward in the House

Post  sc4ram Sat May 07, 2011 4:58 pm

sc4ram
sc4ram

Back to top Go down

If you have  a Septic Tank, better save up for the new State Regulations  Empty Septic Tank inspection repeal fails

Post  sc4ram Sun May 08, 2011 1:09 pm

According to Tampa Bay.com May 7, the repeal bill did not pass. (Im guessing it passed the House but not the Senate)

SEPTIC TANKS (Failed): Repeals 2010 policy requiring homeowners with septic tanks to have them inspected by Health Department-certified regulators every five years. (HB 13/SB 1698)

sc4ram
sc4ram

Back to top Go down

If you have  a Septic Tank, better save up for the new State Regulations  Empty More on tanks

Post  sc4ram Sun May 08, 2011 5:04 pm

Just read the Sentinel's coverage of this. They said in passing that the existing regulations (that required periodic inspections that was passed last year) , were rendered "unenforceable".

I did read something the other day that indicated there was another bill that left implementation of this to the individual counties. (In theory they would be subject to local public pressure that would buck a costly new inspection requirement , like the Wikeva River basin that this was intended to fix in the first place.)

I sent a note to my State Rep today to ask where property owners stand with his. I'll post any reply.
sc4ram
sc4ram

Back to top Go down

If you have  a Septic Tank, better save up for the new State Regulations  Empty State Rep's office comments on lack of repeal of manditory Septic Tank Insp bill

Post  sc4ram Thu May 19, 2011 9:23 pm

This response hit my email today from my State Rep

Thank you for writing to this office. I am sorry for the delay in getting back to you, with the end of Session things have been a little bit hectic. Yes, this legislation passed the House only and not the Senate. Your Representative was disappointed in this and the issue may be revisited next Session. Until then I don’t believe there is much that could be done. I will make sure that Representative Workman receives your message.

Thank you,
sc4ram
sc4ram

Back to top Go down

If you have  a Septic Tank, better save up for the new State Regulations  Empty Septic Tank Inspection Repeal Returns

Post  sc4ram Sat Aug 20, 2011 2:12 pm

Posted: 8:51 AM Aug 10, 2011

Septic Tank Inspection Repeal Returns
After similar proposals died at the end of the 2011 legislative session, Rep. Marti Coley, R-Marianna, this week filed a bill aimed at dramatically scaling back a law that calls for septic-tank inspections.
Reporter: The News Service of Florida
sc4ram
sc4ram

Back to top Go down

If you have  a Septic Tank, better save up for the new State Regulations  Empty Septic Tank bill is moving thru the Legislature

Post  sc4ram Thu Mar 08, 2012 9:57 pm

My State Rep informed me today this bill has passed the Fla House and is in the Senate for action .

http://www.news-journalonline.com/news/local/west-volusia/2012/02/27/deltona-leaders-back-bill-to-repeal-new-septic-tank-rules.html

sc4ram
sc4ram

Back to top Go down

If you have  a Septic Tank, better save up for the new State Regulations  Empty Septic tank inspection law repealed in the legislature

Post  sc4ram Wed Mar 14, 2012 6:03 pm

According to this article this law was repealed this session:

"Some bills squeezed through in the session's closing hours. Lawmakers repealed a two-year-old requirement that homeowners have their septic tanks inspected"

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/2012-03-10/news/os-legislature-sine-die-20120309_1_senate-floor-senate-president-mike-haridopolos-education-bill

sc4ram
sc4ram

Back to top Go down

If you have  a Septic Tank, better save up for the new State Regulations  Empty More on Septic tank inspection repeal

Post  sc4ram Thu Mar 15, 2012 7:57 pm

I still cant see on the Fla Legislature web site where this thing passed, but here is the press release.

http://www.flsenate.gov/Media/PressRelease/Show/Senators/2010-2012/District2/PressRelease/PressRelease2012030923070158
sc4ram
sc4ram

Back to top Go down

If you have  a Septic Tank, better save up for the new State Regulations  Empty Letter to Editor in May 9, 2012 Fla Today Newspaper

Post  sc4ram Wed May 09, 2012 4:18 pm

Letter to Editor in May 9, 2012 Fla Today Newspaper

A call to action to my fellow citizens and property owners.

If you are one of the 2.7 million residential property owners in Florida with septic tanks on your property — wake up.

While the passage of House Bill 1263, as approved by Gov. Rick Scott on April 27, repealed the mandatory statewide inspection of all septic tanks, it gives local governments the power to regulate septic tanks if there is more than one bedroom per acre. This will be enforced through local code enforcement and may be seen as a new revenue stream.

I’m the unfortunate owner of an aerobic treatment unit (ATU). Because I refuse to comply with the individual mandate found within section 381.0065(4)(u) Florida Statutes and buy an operating permit, so I may legally flush the toilet in my home, I have a $25 daily accruing fine enforced by a recorded lien on my real and personal property.

The nicest way to describe the code enforcement process I went through would be a kangaroo court joke. I prefer to call it a criminal denial of fundamental due process. The DVD made of my Sept. 15, 2011, code enforcement hearing can be viewed by entering ATU Inspection on YouTube.

Please demand Gov. Rick Scott, Attorney General Pam Bondi and Florida Supreme Court Chief Justice Charles T. Canady investigate Cuthbert v. Board of County Commissioners of Brevard County, Code Enforcement Case No. 11CE-01943/Appellate Case No. 05-2011-AP-005882.
sc4ram
sc4ram

Back to top Go down

If you have  a Septic Tank, better save up for the new State Regulations  Empty Re: If you have a Septic Tank, better save up for the new State Regulations

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down