Unemployed Florida

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Unemployed Florida
Unemployed Florida
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NELP campaign for extending benefits

3 posters

Go down

NELP campaign for extending benefits Empty NELP campaign for extending benefits

Post  nancym Fri Nov 05, 2010 6:04 pm

Most of you probably are on NELP's mailing list, but just in case, here's their latest plea to get help getting 50,000 signatures to give to Congress:

Hi Friends –

Congress is set to reconvene on Nov. 15 – just a week from Monday – and the entire federal unemployment benefits program is set to expire Nov. 30. Unless Congress acts, 2 million unemployed workers will have those benefits cut-off during the holiday season alone. Millions more would face a cut-off after the New Year.

The campaign to continue these critical benefits has already gotten more than 22,000 online signers on a Petition to Congress at Unemployedworkers.org
http://www.nelp.org/page/s/Sign_the_Petition_to_Congress

During the week of Nov. 15 we want to deliver the Petition to Congress with at least 50,000 signers. So, we need to more than double our current totals by then.

How can you help?

Can you send emails to your lists and contacts with the link, urging them to sign?
Can you post a story on your blog and link to the Petition?
Can you share the Petition via Twitter and Facebook?

We’ll soon be letting you know a host of other actions that will fill out the campaign to continue the unemployment benefit programs. But right now, the most important contribution you can make is to help boost the number of Petition signers. Won’t you help?

Many thanks, on behalf of the Unemployedworkers.org Team.

Mitchell Hirsch
Web & Campaign Associate
www.Unemployedworkers.org
National Employment Law Project
mhirsch@nelp.org
follow us on Twitter @laidoffleftout

212-285-3025 Ext. 352
nancym
nancym

Back to top Go down

NELP campaign for extending benefits Empty Re: NELP campaign for extending benefits

Post  Robbi314 Fri Nov 05, 2010 7:34 pm

Hi Nancy. I haven't really been on any of the forums in awhile. I just looked at OC and it's horrible!! Anyway, tell me, does this petition do anything for 99ers? Or is there completely no hope for us?

Robbi314

Back to top Go down

NELP campaign for extending benefits Empty Re: NELP campaign for extending benefits

Post  GonzoFL Fri Nov 05, 2010 9:44 pm

Robbi314 wrote:Hi Nancy. I haven't really been on any of the forums in awhile. I just looked at OC and it's horrible!! Anyway, tell me, does this petition do anything for 99ers? Or is there completely no hope for us?

NELP quote.
"We’ll soon be letting you know a host of other actions that will fill out the campaign to continue the unemployment benefit programs. But right now, the most important contribution you can make is to help boost the number of Petition signers. Won’t you help?"

Sounds like the same old song and dance to me Robbi.....re: We have to get the extension expiration problem ironed out...then we can help the 99er's bullshit. NELP has no more desire to help us than the House and Senate do. I will be surprised if the 99er's plight is ever seriously discussed again. After being unemployed now for 30 months,it's hard to be optimistic anymore. No
GonzoFL
GonzoFL

Back to top Go down

Post  Robbi314 Sat Nov 06, 2010 4:24 pm

Unfortunately Gonzo, I think you're right. Both you and I have been out of work for around the same length of time. There are so many of us like this it's totally unbelieveable how we have been ignored. It just disgusts me to think that no one gives a rat's a*#. Crying or Very sad

Robbi314

Back to top Go down

Post  nancym Mon Nov 08, 2010 10:49 am

I replied to this question about the NELP petition actually in the other thread, "new federal benefits, " if anyone cares to read it there.

BTW, Gonzo, I think we missed your birthday recently, didn't we? Best wishes, if belatedly. cheers
nancym
nancym

Back to top Go down

Post  GonzoFL Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:40 pm

nancym wrote:I replied to this question about the NELP petition actually in the other thread, "new federal benefits, " if anyone cares to read it there.

BTW, Gonzo, I think we missed your birthday recently, didn't we? Best wishes, if belatedly. cheers

Birthday wishes belated or not are always appreciated. I'm a double nickle now!(55)
GonzoFL
GonzoFL

Back to top Go down

NELP campaign for extending benefits Empty webinar Monday

Post  nancym Fri Nov 12, 2010 5:58 pm

Got this message from NELP about a joint effort from several organizations to get benefits extended:

Laid Off and Left Out Webinar
National Grassroots Call to Action on Continuing Unemployment Benefits
November 15, 2010, 2:00pm - 3:00pm
Thousands of grassroots activists from hundreds of organizations and local affiliates will join in to get urgent campaign and action information.
Please join us. Click the link below to RSVP.

http://www.americanprogressaction.org/events/2010/11/laidoff.html/rsvp
nancym
nancym

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down