Unemployed Florida

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Unemployed Florida
Unemployed Florida
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

what is going on with the telephones

3 posters

Go down

what is going on with the telephones Empty what is going on with the telephones

Post  ballyhoo1 Thu Jul 07, 2011 6:04 pm

What is the problem with the telephone number to call in for questions for unemployment? Now that professionals are out of work, the game is up with the government red tape. They don't answer the phones. I have called over a hundred documented times and the recording says due to high call volume, all agents are busy. That is a crock and we all know it. How many people work in the department? 3? very incompetent! I am so frustrated!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ballyhoo1

Back to top Go down

what is going on with the telephones Empty Re: what is going on with the telephones

Post  nancym Fri Jul 08, 2011 7:28 pm

ballyhoo1 wrote:What is the problem with the telephone number to call in for questions for unemployment? Now that professionals are out of work, the game is up with the government red tape. They don't answer the phones. I have called over a hundred documented times and the recording says due to high call volume, all agents are busy. That is a crock and we all know it. How many people work in the department? 3? very incompetent! I am so frustrated!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Welcome to the forum, ballyhoo1. Your complaint is the very reason this forum was started several years ago; no one could get through on the phones, and when they did, most of the time they got incompetent and sometimes downright surly call-center people on the other end of the line. At that time it was even worse in some respects, since the current extensions for unemployment hadn't even been passed yet, and everyone was waiting months (I'm not exaggerating) to get benefits.

Since last year when the most recent federal extensions were passed, this forum has been fairly quiet. But I see more people coming to the end of benefits as the year goes on, with still no job. The deal with the phones is that, if possible, try to avoid the 800 call-center number anyway. That's where the people with the least experience work; the Tallahassee numbers can get you through to a knowledgeable staffer, even if you have to wait a bit.

I don't know if the numbers people were able to report in the front section of this forum under "AWI Contacts" are still valid or not, but you might give them a try. We used to have a small set of really reliable contacts at AWI's main office in Tallahassee who were extremely helpful. But for all I know, Rick Scott got rid of them all. Try some of those numbers you'll find by reading through that thread for AWI contacts.

If those don't work, a trick I used to use was to call the governor's office main number, and unless it's changed, you can get through to an operator on one of their phone menus who will route you to AWI Tallahassee.

If that doesn't work after a few tries, there used to be an email contact on the bottom of one of the AWI website pages; see if it's still there somewhere. Sometimes you get a dumb answer, but sometimes not.

In the past, this forum probably had more reliable information and advice than many of the call-center people, but many of those who went through those initial "AWI wars" have moved on--hopefully with jobs, but maybe some just off the internet. With the new punitive Florida laws and more people running out of benefits, I expect more will again try to find help from others going through the same frustrations.

Good luck.
nancym
nancym

Back to top Go down

what is going on with the telephones Empty Phones...7/13/11

Post  avalon Wed Jul 13, 2011 3:43 pm

I have been unable to reach the 800-204-2418 or 800-732-8204 number for over 3 days. Last week I did not get a direct deposit either...was told something about some type of error and something about the tier info was wrong. I was waiting for the last 2 weeks on my last extension. Cannot imagine why there was a problem...was told that "paperwork had to be sent upstairs and I would get a direct deposit sometime next week" and that was on 7/7/2011. Still waiting...wonder how many other unemployed Floridians are in the same position. Today when I call I get the usual wait time or the hours message then a male voice recording kicks in and states "sorry we are experiencing difficulties" Anyone out there having this problem? Something is obviously wrong.

avalon

Back to top Go down

what is going on with the telephones Empty Re: what is going on with the telephones

Post  nancym Thu Jul 14, 2011 11:42 am

avalon wrote:I have been unable to reach the 800-204-2418 or 800-732-8204 number for over 3 days. ...

Have you tried any of the contact numbers in our AWI Contacts thread, as suggested above?

https://unemployed-florida.forumotion.com/t3-awi-contact-numbers

Try specifically these 877 numbers: 877-846-8770 ext 5296 Josh or ext 5293 Melody, or check for others posted in that thread.

I don't know if those numbers are still valid now; they used to be reliable contact numbers for a lot of people here last year. If you get through, please check back with us and post the number you used in that AWI contacts section so others can use the same info.

The 800 call center numbers are generally useless anyway; even when you get through you usually get someone who doesn't know anything. The experienced staffers at the Tallahassee numbers are the people you want to talk to whenever you need help.
nancym
nancym

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum