Unemployed Florida

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Unemployed Florida
Unemployed Florida
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I need help and i dont know where to go.

2 posters

Go down

I need help and i dont know where to go.  Empty I need help and i dont know where to go.

Post  Tampacat Wed Feb 01, 2012 3:45 pm

My regular benefits will run out next week. I have been unemployed since august 2011. Is there still an extension going on? How long is it? Who do i contact? AWI is so vague on this topic. I just need the payments for a little while longer.

I have several interviews but never a call back. I am dropping my resume everywhere. Sad

Tampacat

Back to top Go down

I need help and i dont know where to go.  Empty Re: I need help and i dont know where to go.

Post  nancym Sun Mar 11, 2012 12:53 am

Tampacat wrote:My regular benefits will run out next week. I have been unemployed since august 2011. Is there still an extension going on? How long is it? Who do i contact? AWI is so vague on this topic. I just need the payments for a little while longer...

Sorry you didn't get any reply to your post here, but the extensions were being debated in Congress at the time of your post, and I was surprised they actually did something about benefits before the end of February.

I am assuming you still have benefits coming to you, depending on how much and how long you qualified for originally, but if you haven't been notified or found out by calling or online, check the AWI website for new notifications. An extension for EUC benefits was passed by Congress in February that allows for eligibility through til the end of 2012 if you still have credits for it in your account. (Obviously I don't mean everyone gets benefits the whole year, it just means the program will last that long and if you haven't used up all your "tiers" yet, you should be able to collect whatever ones you have left.) So if you still need benefits and have not been notified, try calling (I know it's difficult) to find out why not.
nancym
nancym

Back to top Go down