Unemployed Florida

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Unemployed Florida
Unemployed Florida
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Jobs To Network?

+3
nancym
grandmom49
Unemployed In Orlando
7 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

New Jobs To Network? Empty New Jobs To Network?

Post  Unemployed In Orlando Tue Aug 18, 2009 7:25 pm

Not much activity here in this thread, please if you have any valuable leads you can share (other than ones posted online at the job boards etc), post them here, thanks Very Happy
Unemployed In Orlando
Unemployed In Orlando
Admin

https://unemployed-florida.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

New Jobs To Network? Empty Re: New Jobs To Network?

Post  grandmom49 Thu Nov 12, 2009 12:43 am

tweeted by CntrlFlorida on twitter;

Administrative Clerical Office Work in Orlando Florida 1-888-293-7370:

-(Orlando Job) Computer: Software Engineers - NEEDED NOW! - Orlando, Florida: <BR>Job D.. http://tinyurl.com/yh77s3l #..
3:36 AM Nov 9th from twitterfeed

grandmom49

Back to top Go down

Post  grandmom49 Sun Nov 15, 2009 12:46 pm

This did come to me in an Alert from Monster but the company, Masco, is so strong I thought it was worth posting. This is one company that has continued to hire throughout the recession and has had no layoffs.
They are looking for a Chief Information Officer
http://jobview.monster.com/GetJob.aspx?JobID=84579277&aid=88667631&WT.mc_n=JSA_Redux_0321_HG10_app

grandmom49

Back to top Go down

Post  grandmom49 Mon Nov 16, 2009 2:12 am

Federal job plan announcement from Disability.gov Federal Employer Resources Update

http://us.mg2.mail.yahoo.com/dc/launch?.gx=1&.rand=fiq231h0i4t3u

grandmom49

Back to top Go down

Post  nancym Mon Nov 16, 2009 11:23 am

grandmom49 wrote:Federal job plan announcement from Disability.gov Federal Employer Resources Update

http://us.mg2.mail.yahoo.com/dc/launch?.gx=1&.rand=fiq231h0i4t3u

Thanks, grandmom, but that link takes us to a general Yahoo page. Is there a better link?
nancym
nancym

Back to top Go down

Post  grandmom49 Mon Nov 16, 2009 11:37 am

Nancy & all, Here's a copy of the resource update I received. I apologize for posting the incorrect link. You can also visit
http://disability.gov and search resource update for the announcement.

Below see a message from Karen Mills, Administrator of the U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA), about an important upcoming event that we think you may be interested in.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Friend:

A few weeks ago, President Obama asked the U.S. Small Business Administration and Department of Treasury to convene a forum to discuss how we can best get credit flowing to small businesses to help them make it through this recessions, and put them in a position to grow and create jobs.

We’re hosting the forum next week, and I want to make sure that everyone with a stake in our recovery has their voice heard.

Which is why I’ll be taking your questions live in advance of the event this Monday, November 16th, at 3:15pm EST in a live video discussion through WhiteHouse.gov/live or through the White House’s live-chat application on Facebook.

And whether you can make the chat or not, I’d like to invite you to submit a question ahead of time by emailing us in advance. We’ll post the full video of the chat afterwards.

I’ll be able to share the concerns of small business owners I hear in the chat with the President and Secretary Geithner, at the Small Business Financing Forum and in our conversations and meetings afterwards.

The President called for this forum because he knows that small businesses are the backbone of our economy, and that they’re driving our recovery.

We want to open the doors and bring everyone who’s involved in this historic effort to the table -- from Administration officials and Congressional leaders to lenders and small business owners like yourself – so we’ll also be streaming the conference at live WhiteHouse.gov/blog, Wednesday, November 18th, starting at 9am EST.

Warm regards,

Karen Mills
Administrator
U.S. Small Business Administration

grandmom49

Back to top Go down

New Jobs To Network? Empty New Jobs to Network

Post  grandmom49 Fri Nov 20, 2009 11:43 pm

grandmom49

Back to top Go down

Post  grandmom49 Tue Dec 08, 2009 10:14 pm

Service Manager - Tesla Motors, Inc. S. Fl. http://bit.ly/55igOq

grandmom49

Back to top Go down

Post  Robyn Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:33 am

Don't forget to check state jobs. As of today, Dec. 10, many are posted, and they're throughout the state. AWI, for example, has one position in Tampa, one in Miami (both close today or Dec. 11), and two in Tallahassee.
Check myflorida.com
https://jobs.myflorida.com/joblist.html

People in Broward, Dade and Palm Beach counties: Don't forget about Nova Southeastern University. A good friend, who left Nova in October to return to Wyoming, said some positions are on hold but should be filled in January.
https://www.nsujobs.com

Robyn

Back to top Go down

Post  nancym Thu Dec 10, 2009 1:28 pm

Thanks for the tip, Robyn. I applied for a position at Nova about a month ago but didn't get any feedback. Now I'll go back and check if that position is still posted.
nancym
nancym

Back to top Go down

Post  grandmom49 Fri Dec 11, 2009 12:53 pm

Unemployed In Orlando wrote:Not much activity here in this thread, please if you have any valuable leads you can share (other than ones posted online at the job boards etc), post them here, thanks Very Happy
jobing.com has a few new jobs posted. They also have some valuable job search information & advice.

grandmom49

Back to top Go down

Post  grandmom49 Mon Dec 21, 2009 12:31 am

grandmom49

Back to top Go down

Post  grandmom49 Wed Dec 23, 2009 11:10 am

CntrlFlorida RT @flooringjobs -District/Regional Manager needed - South Florida based only. Interested? Send me a message! http://www.centralflorida.ws

grandmom49

Back to top Go down

New Jobs To Network? Empty job fair in South Florida

Post  nancym Tue Jan 05, 2010 6:18 pm

Anyone in or near north Broward, there will be a job fair on Jan 30 at the Coral Springs Center for the Arts. The US Census will be there among others. There will also be non-profit organizations there to offer community assistance to the unemployed.

For details: http://www.coralspringsjobsnow.com/
nancym
nancym

Back to top Go down

New Jobs To Network? Empty Non-profit job in Palm Beach County

Post  Robyn Tue Jan 05, 2010 7:04 pm

(a friend sent this info; position is 1 year as of now w/ benefits; 30k; deadline to apply is Feb. 1; candidates should be bilingual w/ interest or experience working w/ low-income and/or diverse populations)

The Migrant Farmworker Justice Project (MFJP), established by Florida Legal Services, seeks to fill a one-year Outreach Worker position in Lake Worth, Florida. The MFJP is a public interest law firm engaged in the representation of migrant and seasonal farmworkers throughout Florida. The MFJP’s practice is limited to class actions and other litigation having broad impact on the interests of Florida farmworkers. In addition, the MFJP actively lobbies federal and state legislative and administrative bodies on matters of importance to Florida farmworkers.
Outreach worker will:
- Participate in and coordinate outreach efforts to locate numerous farmworkers in Immokalee, Wimauma, and possibly Mexico.
- Be primarily responsible for distributing back wages to migrant farmworkers in Immokalee, Wimauma, and possibly Mexico.
- Maintain a record of and verify worker identification documents for disbursement purposes.
- Establish, organize, and maintain client back wage disbursement files and records.

Send (1) letter explaining your qualifications for and interest in this position and the Project; (2) resume; (3) and references to:

Greg Schell, Managing Attorney
Migrant Farmworker Justice Project
Florida Legal Services, Inc.
508 Lucerne Ave.
Lake Worth, Florida 33460
greg @ floridalegal.org

Robyn

Back to top Go down

New Jobs To Network? Empty green energy program

Post  nancym Mon Jan 11, 2010 7:58 pm

South Florida, especially Broward County area--

In the "follow the money" department--Did you all see this AWI announcement?

Governor Crist Announces Green Jobs Grant to Train Workers in Clean Energy
~ $3.2 million Recovery Act grant awarded to Broward County Minority Builders Coalition ~

http://www.floridajobs.org/publications/news_rel/Green_job_grant.htm
nancym
nancym

Back to top Go down

New Jobs To Network? Empty Green

Post  Robyn Tue Jan 12, 2010 4:48 am

nancym wrote: ...$3.2 million Recovery Act grant awarded to Broward County Minority Builders Coalition ~
http://www.floridajobs.org/publications/news_rel/Green_job_grant.htm
Thanks nancy. You beat me to it. Interested people can call and leave their names but the coalition isn't accepting applications yet.
Meanwhile, South Fla Workforce runs out of training $$ next month and Workforce Central Fla already ran out. Something has to give, and soon.

Robyn

Back to top Go down

Post  nancym Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:11 pm

Robyn, where did you hear that South Florida Workforce runs out of training dollars next month. Do you have a link?

First I heard that central Florida was out of funds (saw their announcement online), then I asked at the Davie center and they had me come in for their 3-hour orientation, only to find out two hours later that "Of course, you know there are no funds left!"

Then three weeks later I call to ask if they think there might be new funds with the new jobs bill, and they tell me they DO have funds! So I now have an appt to start the process of getting into classes by Mach or April if possible. If they are going to cut me off in the middle of that before I can start, then I will be absolutely up the creek, because I should have been spending that time planning to move out of my apartment to undecided destination.
nancym
nancym

Back to top Go down

New Jobs To Network? Empty Nancy

Post  Robyn Thu Jan 14, 2010 9:07 pm

Nancy, I know you know, but to clarify, South Florida Workforce covers Miami-Dade and Monroe. The head of it is looking elsewhere, like DOL, for additional money, and never expected to run out before Feb.-March. (he was my source.) Broward's Workforce One had job-training funds as of Tuesday, but the unsettling part is the contradictory information. Each workforce operates differently, and that's part of it. Even if your workforce runs low, it can quickly apply for emergency grants. Were you thinking comm. college? I was thinking about that, but I'm now wondering if I should leave Fla.
Maybe the Davie center is out of money for special programs at the center. I'll ask a few people.

Last edited by Robyn on Thu Jan 14, 2010 9:11 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Frozen fingers can't type. damn...)

Robyn

Back to top Go down

Post  nancym Thu Jan 14, 2010 11:15 pm

Robyn wrote:Nancy, I know you know, but to clarify, South Florida Workforce covers Miami-Dade and Monroe. The head of it is looking elsewhere, like DOL, for additional money, and never expected to run out before Feb.-March. (he was my source.) Broward's Workforce One had job-training funds as of Tuesday, but the unsettling part is the contradictory information. Each workforce operates differently, and that's part of it. Even if your workforce runs low, it can quickly apply for emergency grants. Were you thinking comm. college? I was thinking about that, but I'm now wondering if I should leave Fla.
Maybe the Davie center is out of money for special programs at the center. I'll ask a few people.

Ha-ha! Proving once again that I don't know absolutely everything, it actually never dawned on me that "South Florida Workforce" was referring to only Dade-Monroe! (Jeesh, do they think they have a monopoly on the term "South Florida"?) Having dealt only with the Broward Workforce centers I just assumed that you were referring to the entire South Florida region and didn't realize the distinction.

It's the WIA program that I am interested in getting into. And probably not for community college unless I couldn't start until summer term--a bit too far in the future for me. I need certain specific computer skills to ramp up the skills and the experience I already have to be more competitive for jobs that I see that interest me but are just out of reach of my resume. I'm more likely, according to their ITA list of programs, to get that from either one of the local tech colleges where I could start in Feb-March, or else one of the more high-tech centers that made deals to "bundle" software courses in the program (but they tend to be more expensive). I couldn't afford or want to even borrow for more than a year, but I believe I could get what I need in a year or less, if I can find the right combo for a program.

But it's disturbing to have this uncertainty about funds when it comes to making life-critical decisions. Thanks for the alert, especially since I noticed a kind of vague CYA type of talk when I tried to really pin down those people on the phone as to why they told me three weeks earlier there were no funds and now they say there are but keep emphasizing the words "depending on availability," as if I'm supposed to understand some kind of code or something. Like what are you saying, guys?

So when I sit down next week with my new case manager, I'm going to drag it out of her if I can what the real story is, or else question how much I can rely on them telling me there are funds that will be there when I need them.

If you hear anything new, we'd all appreciate any "inside info" that you think is reliable. But since I posted this originally as a networking post for jobs, I'm going to copy this whole thing into the Training thread, so if you reply please use that thread and keep this one for job leads. https://unemployed-florida.forumotion.com/training-and-education-f10/training-options-for-the-unemployed-t73-25.htm

And also, I'm not too surprised to hear that Miami ran out of funds since they have a much higher unemployment rate than Broward. Maybe you should just move to Broward! Laughing
nancym
nancym

Back to top Go down

Post  grandmom49 Thu Mar 18, 2010 9:30 am

Meter Reader position/s in Daytona Beach

http://www.amightyriver.com/splash/job/1142594

grandmom49

Back to top Go down

Post  grandmom49 Thu Apr 01, 2010 12:33 pm

Global Employment Solutions, Inc of Ormond Beach is looking for a Business Consultant. They are offering a base salary & benefits. It sounds like a great job & I am sending a letter of interest, but if their requirements are written in stone I won't make the cut. Maybe one of you are better qualified.

http://www.careerbuilder.com/JobSeeker/Jobs/JobDetails.aspx?ipath=EXIND&siteid=cbindeed&Job_DID=J8D2QX6TXK2YDDVVXDD&cbRecursionCnt=1&cbsid=d717c83ce95e475db5c43962c42fb6c2-323436015-R7-4

grandmom49

Back to top Go down

New Jobs To Network? Empty Interested in an oil spill cleanup job?

Post  sc4ram Mon May 17, 2010 4:18 pm

Friday, May 14, Sun Sentinel- Marcia Pounds

Interested in an oil spill cleanup job? Go to Indeed.com, an online job board that lists jobs from across many job boards, and enter "oil spill cleanup."

You'll find a number of companies and placement agencies listing jobs for crew members for pay of $12 and up. Most workers hired so far have been qualified with hazard training and previous experience, but some companies are training workers.
sc4ram
sc4ram

Back to top Go down

New Jobs To Network? Empty A bunch of ideas here

Post  Robyn Wed May 19, 2010 1:28 am

Hi guys. Here are some jobs broken down by city. As of this morning, all positions were open. My comments are in parentheses and, as you can tell, I lean toward nonprofits. I promise to broaden my thinking - I just got back to FL this morning.

A friend and I are passing on what was sent to us -- nothing is from Monster or any boards. We know South Florida best, but if you’re interested in a particular part of FL, just post or send me the city or county and any specific field, and we’ll do our best to find someone to dig up info.

If you have a burning desire to help clean up the Gulf, sc4ram is right; go now! Also, the State of Florida has many open positions in most counties. Other companies hiring in Florida: Tuesday Morning, Saks Fifth Avenue, Macy’s, and the new-and-improved Boston Market.

MIAMI:
Web Editor, National Parkinson Foundation; apply by 6/14; www.parkinson.org
(Good opportunity w/ excellent organization)

Graphic/Web Designer, Acceller; apply by 5/21; this is PT for now; www.acceller.com
(This company sells digital lifestyle services to consumers. That’s all I know about it.)

Miami Dolphins/Sun Life Stadium positions: Account Executive/Season Tickets; Account Manager/Premium Seating; Guest Experience Rep; **Look for contact here: www.sunlifestadium.com/content/keyexecutives.aspx and: www.sunlifestadium.com/content/stadium.aspx

Special Projects Manager - City Year Miami, apply by 6/20; www.cityyear.org
(Excellent Boston-based org that encourages recent college grads to become mentors, tutors and role models in communities.)

Director of Major Gifts, Miami Jewish Health Systems; apply by 6/25; www.mjhha.org

HOLLYWOOD:
Everglades Restoration Program Manager; National Parks Conservation Association, apply by 7/5; www.npca.org
(The NPCA protects parks across America; you need some familiarity with the Everglades restoration and experience in conservation advocacy.)

MELBOURNE:
Senior Writer/Editor (Corp Comm Dep’t), Harris Corp.; www.harris.com
(I guess Harris jobs are iffy, but some IT and engineering positions also are open.)
Contact: Pamela Padgett, VP, Investor Relations and Corporate Communications

JACKSONVILLE:
Area Director, Best Buddies International; apply by 7/3; www.bestbuddies.org
(NOTE: Best Buddies is Miami based; positions might be open in other FL areas and nationwide.)

ORLANDO:
Community Organizer; Development and Operations Associate; FOCUS (Federation of Congregations United to Serve); apply by 7/3; www.focusorlando.org
(Bay Area-based FOCUS is a faith-based group that trains leaders to improve quality of life in Orange County and in 18 states. I believe it’s part of the PICO Network, which is rooted in MLK’s work.)

GAINESVILLE:
Construction Coordinator; Volunteer Coordinator; Rebuilding Together North Florida, apply by 5/31; www.rebuildingtogetherncf.org
(This is one-year position thru AmeriCorps; more positions exist.)

LAKELAND:
Field Organizer; Working Families Win (WFW), which is part of Americans for Democratic Action (ADA); apply by 6/10; www.adaction.org
(WFW develops activists to rebuild communities across U.S. for working families.)

TAMPA:
Tampa Bay Buccaneers positions:
Director of Customer Service; Radio Sales Rep; General Tickets Sales Rep; Premium Sales Rep; Luxury Suite Sales Rep.; www.buccaneers.com/footer/employment.html

Last edited by Robyn on Wed May 19, 2010 1:29 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typos)

Robyn

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next