Unemployed Florida

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Unemployed Florida
Unemployed Florida
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fifth District Court Case

5 posters

Go down

Fifth District Court Case Empty Fifth District Court Case

Post  stonecrazy89 Fri Sep 04, 2009 6:15 pm

I am livid!!! It all started back when I told that freaking hearing officer that I received a decision day for something else and not tardiness, the crime I was fired for. The people couldn't even come up with a date on which I was written up for tardiness. Because there weren't any write-ups!!! Still, the hearing officer sided with Wal-Mart.

Now, I am waiting for the Fifth District Court of Appeals to come up with a decision. These people even lost a copy of my argument. A good thing I had another copy. Everything was done by May and they hadn't come up with a decision. Still, I'm sticking to my story. Yes, I was late a lot. Still, I was never written up for it!!!

stonecrazy89

Back to top Go down

Fifth District Court Case Empty Re: Fifth District Court Case

Post  Unemployed In Orlando Fri Sep 04, 2009 6:24 pm

stonecrazy89 wrote: I am livid!!! It all started back when I told that freaking hearing officer that I received a decision day for something else and not tardiness, the crime I was fired for. The people couldn't even come up with a date on which I was written up for tardiness. Because there weren't any write-ups!!! Still, the hearing officer sided with Wal-Mart.

Now, I am waiting for the Fifth District Court of Appeals to come up with a decision. These people even lost a copy of my argument. A good thing I had another copy. Everything was done by May and they hadn't come up with a decision. Still, I'm sticking to my story. Yes, I was late a lot. Still, I was never written up for it!!!

Sorry to hear that! You can leave this in Off-Topic but I would suggest you post in the Unemployment Appeals thread to maybe get some advice.
Unemployed In Orlando
Unemployed In Orlando
Admin

https://unemployed-florida.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Fifth District Court Case Empty appeal after appeals decision

Post  maybee Sat Sep 05, 2009 12:41 am

In the past the next appeal to a referee's appeal decision is a UAC or Unemployment Appeals Commission. Look at the appeal referees decision for where and when to file. Maybe you were referring to the UAC decision...then the next step would be the Court as you described.
For the UAC appeal no new evidence can be given. The commission reviews documents and the tape of the hearing. Sometimes the tape is not able to be heard, then the Commission sends it back to the appeal referee.

maybee

Back to top Go down

Post  GonzoFL Sat Sep 05, 2009 1:28 am

If I'm reading stonecrazy correctly.....they have already gone through 2 appeals. It appears he/she is being denied UC for excessive absenteeism,which falls under the heading of misconduct. I'm not really sure if he/she has a question or they are asking how long will it be before the 5th DCA makes a ruling. I think we need some more information before we can give an honest opinion.
GonzoFL
GonzoFL

Back to top Go down

Post  help Sun Sep 06, 2009 2:36 pm

Maybe,
Great info...so very detailed. It's great to have knowledgable people on here to help everyone. Thank you Very Happy

help

Back to top Go down

Post  Unemployed In Orlando Wed Sep 09, 2009 5:41 pm

I dont know why the poster of this topic keeps putting the same thing up in the other section as a new thread. I have repeatedly emailed them and pm'd them to let them know it is posted here scratch
Unemployed In Orlando
Unemployed In Orlando
Admin

https://unemployed-florida.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Fifth District Court Case Empty My bad.

Post  stonecrazy89 Wed Sep 09, 2009 5:51 pm

I tried to post it under appeals like you told me.

stonecrazy89

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down