Unemployed Florida

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Unemployed Florida
Unemployed Florida
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

General EUC Discussion - Ongoing

+86
nanny
CRFL1015
exotiq
deetann
LOTTIE1
Dixieannjobless
Star
Beaches
atwoodt
lec1234
MerryL
bonza32
technovative
prissy88
Garys1n2
ArleneG
ThatGirl03
studioWI
gknowles
martin59
daytonaman
spd76un
hor2culture
pima54
speedy1383
Sheila
oakensoul
ofantastic
John in Orlando
1Crimson1
LindaLou
nachomama
Chris U.
fred
Jeff
dplboc
missflorida
pyrox
angry
jim stratton
BillTamBay
buccobruce
madisonsnannie
motley
surfer
Marc
lafosl
KellyB
hating politics
Unemployed Mamma
Teresa
brb2007
Michael55
Dino69
cantfindajob
robin28
Cam in FL
hsd
Robyn
scrappy367
SaraJ
JJ in Florida
Robbi314
pebbles
waybol
sharonB
LJ
michelle
GonzoFL
sc4ram
grandmom49
bittybear
Hoppy
riceckr
Judy
Tampa Bay - Anna
sherbetarchitect
MiamiVice
Me From Jax
frustratedinfl
InsuranceMan
nancym
jamfaf
tj21121008
connorsgp
Unemployed In Orlando
90 posters

Page 27 of 37 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 32 ... 37  Next

Go down

General EUC Discussion - Ongoing - Page 27 Empty Re: General EUC Discussion - Ongoing

Post  lafosl Tue Jan 19, 2010 10:05 pm

brb2007 wrote:Claimed my weeks on monday morning at 7am like always... I called On Monday and talk to someone they said they were not issuing payment on monday until tuesday because of the holiday... i just checked to see if payment was issued today and nothing was updated yet ..... Has this happened to anyone else ...
Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad

Yep, same thing happened to me... I am going to try to be patient and wait to see if there is an update tomorrow, I was thinking I was the only one. I just hope because of a holdiay they do not make a catastrophe again... But, let's be positive. If nothing is updated tomorrow I will be calling one of the contacts!! Rolling Eyes

lafosl

Back to top Go down

General EUC Discussion - Ongoing - Page 27 Empty Re: General EUC Discussion - Ongoing

Post  Unemployed In Orlando Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:40 am

Anyone else getting a 'system not available' prompt this morning? Shocked
Unemployed In Orlando
Unemployed In Orlando
Admin

https://unemployed-florida.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

General EUC Discussion - Ongoing - Page 27 Empty Yes UIO...

Post  Me From Jax Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:49 am

I'm getting the same message online and when I call in.

Me From Jax

Back to top Go down

Post  lafosl Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:55 am

Yep, same messages this morning for me too. I know that my payment was not issued yesterday, but when I checked the system said it was processing payments. One would think that one little holiday should not have everything all messed up again, but it does not surprise me!! What the heck is going on here???? Mad Mad Mad

lafosl

Back to top Go down

Post  Robbi314 Wed Jan 20, 2010 11:00 am

I'm getting the same thing as well. I claimed on Monday. Yesterday no check had been issued and when I tried to reclaim it said I had no weeks to claim. Today their system is down. What a bunch of idots. Who knows what we will have to go through to get our payments this time. I'll be really surprised to see mine come through. Luckily I didn't schedule any bills to come out. I learned my lesson last time Sad

Robbi314

Back to top Go down

Post  lafosl Wed Jan 20, 2010 12:30 pm

I cannot get ahold of any of my good contacts... but I did speak to a gentleman, he said that the system is down for processing of payments. Ok, the system said that all day yesterday, so why are they still processing payments? And I also think that whoever the computer programmers are for Workforce of Innovation should be like alot of us, waiting on an unemployment check.... this is absurd..everytime you turn around, it is something so stupid. affraid I guess patience is the key, but hard to say when you have bills and need food on the table. God bless us!!!

lafosl

Back to top Go down

Post  michelle Wed Jan 20, 2010 1:07 pm

I see everybody is having the same issue with no checks issued and the system is down. The holiday was 2 days ago... what is the problem????
michelle
michelle

Back to top Go down

Post  Robbi314 Wed Jan 20, 2010 1:10 pm

Maybe they all wanted a couple extra days off... Mad

Robbi314

Back to top Go down

Post  Robbi314 Wed Jan 20, 2010 3:10 pm

So now the website is back up, but still not showing a check has been issued. Anyone else????

Robbi314

Back to top Go down

Post  GonzoFL Wed Jan 20, 2010 3:24 pm

Same info here Robbi....no update and not showing a check issued.....I guess that settles it then...no more holidays for AWI Evil or Very Mad
GonzoFL
GonzoFL

Back to top Go down

Post  speedy1383 Wed Jan 20, 2010 3:38 pm

I am bit concerned about this. I knew that my payment wouldn't be in my bank account today. I figured it would be in there tomorrow. Now it seems like that will not be a case. This stinks.

speedy1383

Back to top Go down

Post  Robbi314 Wed Jan 20, 2010 3:40 pm

I agree Gonzo. Apparently everyday is a holiday at AWI. Can't get through to them, of course. SSDD!!!

Robbi314

Back to top Go down

Post  surfer Wed Jan 20, 2010 4:13 pm

GonzoFL wrote:Same info here Robbi....no update and not showing a check issued.....I guess that settles it then...no more holidays for AWI Evil or Very Mad

they've been on a holiday for years now! ..... my account shows the same info from 2 wks ago, does not indicate a check has been issued.

surfer

Back to top Go down

Post  pima54 Wed Jan 20, 2010 4:14 pm

I just check the site, now it says it's processing payments again?

pima54

Back to top Go down

Post  speedy1383 Wed Jan 20, 2010 4:21 pm

Just saw that pima54. The system is really screwing up this week.

speedy1383

Back to top Go down

Post  speedy1383 Wed Jan 20, 2010 6:20 pm

Hello. I just got credited for my last EUB and now my balance is zero. It totaled a little under 12 weeks. Does anyone know if I am through? I thought Florida was getting 20 weeks on this extension. I need to make emergency arrangements if I am not going to get any other weeks. Thanks for your time.

speedy1383

Back to top Go down

Post  Teresa Wed Jan 20, 2010 7:32 pm

I talked to Cassandra a few weeks ago and she confirmed for me that I was on tier 3. As of my payment issued today, I am at a -0- balance. She said it would automatically roll over to tier 4 (I don't even remember how many weeks are involved in tier 4), so I am crossing my fingers that she is right, and that tomorrow will show a new balance. What was strange was that when I claimed my weeks yesterday as normal - I only had a balance of $110 - 1 week to claim, but, it had me claim 2 weeks. Amount issued today was $110 though. So maybe the extra week I claimed yesterday was part of the tier 4 and will show up in a few days - who knows.

Teresa

Back to top Go down

Post  sc4ram Wed Jan 20, 2010 8:49 pm

Just checked my claims info tab on the AWI site, it said my check for this week's claims had been issued.
sc4ram
sc4ram

Back to top Go down

Post  speedy1383 Thu Jan 21, 2010 7:07 pm

It is very odd. I checked the FUI site and now it saying they issued a check for my full week's amount today. This is after they issued one yesterday for $74 (1/3 of my week's total). Very confused. Not sure if the site is wrong or if I will be getting 2 checks instead of one. I don't know what is going on.

speedy1383

Back to top Go down

General EUC Discussion - Ongoing - Page 27 Empty Checks ret. to AWI sent me into black hole

Post  hor2culture Thu Jan 21, 2010 8:44 pm

I applied for and was approved for Tier III in Dec. I thought that since my DD info had not changed from Tier II's payments, they wouldn't need to verify the DD info and that the payments would be deposited NOT sent in a check. I was wrong. On Dec. 22 and Dec. 23 I was issued checks that were sent to my Florida PO Box address. I am in NC and have been here since the beginning of December so I had a forwarding order on my mail.

You know the drill, the checks were not forwarded to me but sent back to AWI. I have spoken on three recent occasions to AWI reps: one was a Tara Wright (I think), on Thursday of last week it was Humberto, then this past Tuesday it was April Jones (again, I think). I keep getting told that the checks were returned and cancelled, that they are OK with my being out of state (interviewing for jobs in NC) and they have my NC address, that I have claimed for all weeks properly, that all future payments will be DD'd, and that everything has been properly submitted for processing. Still I got bupkis. The system gives the total in my account and says no checks have been issued.

It has been a month since the first checks (that, had I just been standing by my PO box I could have gotten and cashed weeks ago) were issued. Doesn't that seem to ya'll like a long time? Does anyone have any suggestions for me. I'm in bad way. Thanks.
hor2culture
hor2culture

Back to top Go down

Post  MiamiVice Tue Jan 26, 2010 7:56 pm

I just crashed into this article, which I HOPE, is not what i think it is. Can someone check it out and see it it means NO MORE EXTENSIONS WHATSOEVER??????

UIOOOO, where are youuuuu????
Senate Jobs Bill Skips Unemployment Benefits Extension
Tue Jan-26-10 02:55 PM
Source: Open Congress (via Washington Post)

Unemployment insurance benefits, which have been a perennial hot issue with OpenCongress users, will not be extended under the jobs bill that Senate Democrats are writing.

The House passed a jobs bill in December (H.R. 2847) that included a six-month UI benefit and COBRA health care subsidy extension among other things.

The companion bill that the Senate is working will be significantly pared down, according to a report from the Washington Post on a draft version that is being circulated on the Hill today. While the House bill would cost $155 billion, the Senate bill is expected to cost about $80 billion and be entirely funded by unused financial bailout money. According to the reports, two will be heavy on tax incentives for small businesses that hire new employees, money for infrastructure and energy efficiency projects, and funds to help state governments keep public employees like police and firefighters on the payroll.

Read more: http://www.opencongress.org/articles/view/1490-Senate-J...
MiamiVice
MiamiVice

Back to top Go down

Post  Unemployed In Orlando Tue Jan 26, 2010 11:57 pm

MiamiVice wrote:I just crashed into this article, which I HOPE, is not what i think it is. Can someone check it out and see it it means NO MORE EXTENSIONS WHATSOEVER??????

UIOOOO, where are youuuuu????
Senate Jobs Bill Skips Unemployment Benefits Extension
Tue Jan-26-10 02:55 PM
Source: Open Congress (via Washington Post)

Unemployment insurance benefits, which have been a perennial hot issue with OpenCongress users, will not be extended under the jobs bill that Senate Democrats are writing.

The House passed a jobs bill in December (H.R. 2847) that included a six-month UI benefit and COBRA health care subsidy extension among other things.

The companion bill that the Senate is working will be significantly pared down, according to a report from the Washington Post on a draft version that is being circulated on the Hill today. While the House bill would cost $155 billion, the Senate bill is expected to cost about $80 billion and be entirely funded by unused financial bailout money. According to the reports, two will be heavy on tax incentives for small businesses that hire new employees, money for infrastructure and energy efficiency projects, and funds to help state governments keep public employees like police and firefighters on the payroll.

Read more: http://www.opencongress.org/articles/view/1490-Senate-J...

Heya Maggi, I just posted the latest email from NELP in the other thread where you posted. I wouldnt look for any other additional benefits anytime soon, only an extension of current benefits that are set to expire soon Neutral
Unemployed In Orlando
Unemployed In Orlando
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Unemployed In Orlando Tue Jan 26, 2010 11:58 pm

Unemployed In Orlando
Unemployed In Orlando
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  lafosl Sat Jan 30, 2010 2:24 pm

Well..... checked my balance this am and saw that they took money away from me.... I had a balance of 604.00 now it says a balance of 276.00. I called the 800 number and the representative says that they took money from me and added it back to EB?????? And said I would roll into Tier 4 after I recieve that 276.00 But, what happened to the rest of my money?? I was told that my credits were $1792.00 for tier III and I have not recieved that whole amount. I am so confused... they can just take money out of a balance and tell me that they had to put it back into EB??? Has anyone else noticed this???? They took 2 whole weeks of pay for me away, and to me that is ALOT!!!

lafosl

Back to top Go down

Post  nancym Sat Jan 30, 2010 5:07 pm

lafosl --

If you received EB after Nov 8 when the new EUC law was passed for Tier 3 and 4, the announcement was made by Florida that EB recipients would automatically roll over into Tier 3, supposedly without interruption, though I know some had gaps, and that any EB money paid after Nov 8 would be subtracted from your upcoming Tier 3.

I know this sucks big time and doesn't seem to make any sense, but there it is. This info was posted early on the AWI website and I think also in the actual application for EUC Tier 3 online. There was also a lot of discussion about all this in our thread for ongoing EB here that you can read through.

The only thing that seems odd is that they took so long to subtract that money, maybe due to other delays you had in your account? Everyone on EB in Nov-Dec went through the same thing, pretty hideous. I called the state myself (even though I had used up my EB long before) and was told that it was a technicality of how the actual EB law was written last spring that required a person to be paid EUC first, no matter what, and that status to be determined each week of EB. So for legal reasons (supposedly) they made that cutoff. The horrible part though, is that instead of giving that EB back after EUC, the law cut off all EB entirely on Jan 2, 2010.

To check if this is what happened with you, figure how many weeks of EB you got after Nov 8 and see if that is what was subtracted from your Tier 3; if different, then maybe there's some other reason.

None of this is 'fair." Some got all the EB, some like yourself if what I've said above applies, got partial, and those more recent will get no EB whatsoever, unless our state legislature does something new (doubtful).
nancym
nancym

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 27 of 37 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 32 ... 37  Next