Unemployed Florida

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Unemployed Florida
Unemployed Florida
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

General EB Discussion - Ongoing

+87
snugglebear
Ar
frogpatch
Evelyn
Michael55
rosemary
Steve_
MerryL
gaineslady
UEINFL
ThatGirl03
Chris U.
michelle
jessica2009
hsd
Judy
Unemployed Mamma
sharonB
grandmom49
Hoppy
scrappy367
LindaLou
connorsgp
Sheila
studioWI
nanny
stein113
jamfaf
Jeff
eitherhalf
John in Orlando
frustratedinfl
kittyg59
Montanakat
maybee
jim jam
jim stratton
jkaplan2195
Beaches
dzabuk
Kirby
johnhwclarke
DisneyDean
garyb
Marc
waybol
GonzoFL
riceckr
Me From Jax
anotherunemployed
Robbi314
RobinSamRyan
SaraJ
surfer
sc4ram
waiting in St Lucie
waiting
pyrox
barbi65
katie
ddee2026
gregFL
irwinojames
nancym
elissa
daytonawanda
Teresa
brb2007
Robyn
LJ
marryp2007
jax123
jon813
floridagirl
Jenn
Cam in FL
Tampa Bay - Anna
hungry in orange city
suicidal
Jacqui
sherbetarchitect
ArleneG
J in FL
trishl127
A-A-A-A79
Maggi MIami
Unemployed In Orlando
91 posters

Page 10 of 27 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 18 ... 27  Next

Go down

General EB Discussion - Ongoing - Page 10 Empty Same Problem

Post  RobinSamRyan Wed Aug 12, 2009 9:03 am

I claimed my weeks on Monday and I too, did not have a check issued but the next date to claim shows 8/24. Why are payments not being issued this week? Has anyone been able to get through to the 800 number listed? In the claiming process everything went fine so I don't understand why they did not issue my payment. I need that money to pay my bills this week and it figures, they are having a problem. Sad

RobinSamRyan

Back to top Go down

General EB Discussion - Ongoing - Page 10 Empty Re: General EB Discussion - Ongoing

Post  Robbi314 Wed Aug 12, 2009 9:17 am

Yes the same thing happened to me. I called yesterday, very hard to get through but was told by one rep that they are backed up and there's a computer problem and another told me they are checking everyones job searches.

Robbi314

Back to top Go down

General EB Discussion - Ongoing - Page 10 Empty Re: General EB Discussion - Ongoing

Post  sherbetarchitect Wed Aug 12, 2009 10:56 am

I talked to Josh. They are "checking" everyone's job searches. He didn't say what that entailed but I am under the impression it is a cursory nod to the law from 70 that says they have to verify the info. However it is red tape that will hold up checks for a few days at least or possibly longer.

sherbetarchitect

Back to top Go down

General EB Discussion - Ongoing - Page 10 Empty Anyone Get A Check

Post  brb2007 Wed Aug 12, 2009 11:15 am

Has anyone get a check this week for claim? Claimed on Monday....... 8/10 usally have my dd on wed......
this once again is a big problem......
brb2007
brb2007

Back to top Go down

Post  sc4ram Wed Aug 12, 2009 11:28 am

I claimed my weeks yesterday (tuesday) and have the same status on a benefit check as everybody else here (none issued yet for the last 2 weeks of claims) . Hopefully the monday claimers will see a update on their check status soon and let us know.

Since AWI has everybody cut off, they must feel some pressure to execute. We are also assumeing that the information on the "claims information" tab is accurate (it has been wrong before)

Good Luck
sc4ram
sc4ram

Back to top Go down

Post  Robbi314 Wed Aug 12, 2009 11:43 am

Ok, here's the deal. I had a long conversation with a very nice lady at the 407 #. She told me that they are having to verify work searches for everyone. I asked her how the heck are they going to do this with unemployment at over 10% and the amount of claims. She said she didn't know how they have decided to handle this efficiently, but it was something that was going to have to be done every 4 weeks. Which tells me the next check ( if you get one)will go through quickly and the last one will be another long wait. She also told me that they will call you personally if there is an issue. I told her I apply online and do my resumes online and asked what if a job I applied for has so many applicants they can't find me? She said then they will pull your claim and contact you. So I asked her if they had any job openings there and she told me that Kelley Services does the hiring for them and that they were hiring a few weeks ago for night shift which goes till 9pm doing call backs. Well, I'm sure I will get a call saying they won't pay me, because I am sure at least one of the places I sent a resume to won't be able to locate it. Wonderful. Thanks Obama!!!

Robbi314

Back to top Go down

Post  sherbetarchitect Wed Aug 12, 2009 11:50 am

I just can't believe they are actually going to contact employers to look for resumes. I know they can't reach most of the jobs I sent resumes to because they were anonymous in the first place.

sherbetarchitect

Back to top Go down

Post  Robbi314 Wed Aug 12, 2009 11:57 am

I agree. And she also asked me why I only apply online for jobs, and I told her I can't afford to aimlessly drive around door ro door hoping to find something. The newspaper is 1 page of jobs, where it used to be a thick section in the Sunday paper. I also reminded her the unemployment rate is over 10% so there's a REALLY GOOD reason it's hard to find anything. Especially for someone who is older. If they give me any shit, I'm going to appeal it and fight for what I am entitled to. After being in the workforce for over 40 years, I view these benefits as a RIGHT not a PRIVILEGE!!

Robbi314

Back to top Go down

Post  hungry in orange city Wed Aug 12, 2009 12:58 pm

Re: Work Search Form Requirements
hungry in orange city Today at 11:49 am

.What makes me sick, is that I know people who have not even looked for the first job and are collecting unemployment and they got their money just fine. I have had a resume' on Carreer Builders since the day after I lost my job and travel to my brother's house everyday to send it to employers (because they shut off my internet last year) but because of this stupid fucking job search shit they added here we sit without our money. I even had an interview the other day with one of the jobs I had listed. Of course I already got my "Thanks,but no thanks" letter from them.

I just posted this rant in the 'Work Search Forum sticky' pretty fair, huh?
hungry in orange city
hungry in orange city

Back to top Go down

Post  anotherunemployed Wed Aug 12, 2009 1:05 pm

Hi everyone, I am new here and have been following this for a while. I too have been unemployed for over a year and find that this new work search thing is a little ridiculous. I don't know if my information is given to anyone when I call these companies or even if my resume is delivered to the right person. Alot of jobs that I search, I cannot even put on the work search because they have no names or addresses. This is so unfair. I was told a while back by a rep of the Agency for Workforce Innovation to consider this last extension "a blessing" and for me not to be upset. I could not believe those words were coming out of her mouth. I would like to know how they would feel if they were in our shoes.

anotherunemployed

Back to top Go down

General EB Discussion - Ongoing - Page 10 Empty GODAMN WORK SEARCH REQS.

Post  Me From Jax Wed Aug 12, 2009 2:17 pm

I claimed my two weeks on yesterday, but like everyone else no check was processed. I called AWI this morning and spoke with someone who gave me the whole BS on having to manually check the search reqs. she advised me that it would not be consistent going forward or the processing of payments and that it may take some time. She told me she would forward my claim to her supervisor and so forth....I just checked my account and my check has been paid out today. Anyone else have any luck?

Me From Jax

Back to top Go down

General EB Discussion - Ongoing - Page 10 Empty No check processed yet!

Post  RobinSamRyan Wed Aug 12, 2009 2:26 pm

I just checked my account and still nothing has been paid. I am so stressed over being unemployed and not being able to rely on unemployment to survive. This system is broken but since the politician don't seem to care about us, we get shit. Maybe I should email Stratton at the Orlando Sentinel so maybe he can get us some answers. Seems like pressure from the media helps sometimes if he can get an article on the Front Page like he has in the past.

RobinSamRyan

Back to top Go down

Post  Robbi314 Wed Aug 12, 2009 2:32 pm

I just checked my account and still nothing has been paid out. I think contacting Jim Stratton is a good idea. I haven't seen any other state do this to claimants. Not even California. Something fishy is going on with this money.

Robbi314

Back to top Go down

General EB Discussion - Ongoing - Page 10 Empty Time stamp is wrong

Post  RobinSamRyan Wed Aug 12, 2009 2:36 pm

Why is the time on this board in am right now? It is 1:38 pm here in Florida. Just curious.

RobinSamRyan

Back to top Go down

General EB Discussion - Ongoing - Page 10 Empty EB problems continue.........

Post  RobinSamRyan Wed Aug 12, 2009 2:39 pm

Mad Rolling Eyes No Mad

RobinSamRyan

Back to top Go down

Post  hungry in orange city Wed Aug 12, 2009 3:08 pm

I am curious how the work search info works if you call in your weeks. Does it let you speak the job searches or what, I almost wanted to call mine in this week just to see but I did not want to delay my payment. Which I did not get anyway!
hungry in orange city
hungry in orange city

Back to top Go down

Post  nancym Wed Aug 12, 2009 3:39 pm

hungry in orange city wrote:I am curious how the work search info works if you call in your weeks. Does it let you speak the job searches or what, I almost wanted to call mine in this week just to see but I did not want to delay my payment. Which I did not get anyway!

hungry, I was told back before EB was implemented that there would be no call-in access for claiming weeks, only online or via mail. It's not the same as with the Tiers. So unless they've changed that, I don't think you can call in, unless of course there's a particular problem with your account or online, in which case you might luck out and get a rep to take your info on the phone (maybe).
nancym
nancym

Back to top Go down

Post  Unemployed In Orlando Wed Aug 12, 2009 4:21 pm

RobinSamRyan wrote:Why is the time on this board in am right now? It is 1:38 pm here in Florida. Just curious.

I have the forum set up to run on a 24 clock (military time) so 13:38 = 1:38pm Very Happy
Unemployed In Orlando
Unemployed In Orlando
Admin

https://unemployed-florida.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

General EB Discussion - Ongoing - Page 10 Empty Question and idea

Post  surfer Wed Aug 12, 2009 4:33 pm

From one of my housemates - she applied for EB, got one story from josh, another from melody. melody seems to know the most & told her on Friday that she could not find her EB app. She said not to worry and supposedly put something thru for her. Now my roomie's acct is online, but says "regular" UC. No "extended" anywhere and nothing in the mail. Does this sound right? (My online acct disappeared, so i am *&^%% pissed.. every damn AWI agent contradicts the other.)

To get this publicized, call the TV stations -- NOW. Call or email and say ya have a story that must be told, that trusting people are relying on the State of Florida and can't pay basic bills or eat. Don't wait for the print people -- TV is it. Our governor will not like what's really going on.... This isn't going to get better until the truth is plastered in everybody's face..

surfer

Back to top Go down

Post  hungry in orange city Wed Aug 12, 2009 4:41 pm

surfer wrote:From one of my housemates - she applied for EB, got one story from josh, another from melody. melody seems to know the most & told her on Friday that she could not find her EB app. She said not to worry and supposedly put something thru for her. Now my roomie's acct is online, but says "regular" UC. No "extended" anywhere and nothing in the mail. Does this sound right? (My online acct disappeared, so i am *&^%% pissed.. every damn AWI agent contradicts the other.)

To get this publicized, call the TV stations -- NOW. Call or email and say ya have a story that must be told, that trusting people are relying on the State of Florida and can't pay basic bills or eat. Don't wait for the print people -- TV is it. Our governor will not like what's really going on.... This isn't going to get better until the truth is plastered in everybody's face..

FOX would probably jump all over it! Like I said they are holding this money until they prove we are worthy of it but people that dont even look for work got money because they dont have the job search requirements to fill in. Mad
hungry in orange city
hungry in orange city

Back to top Go down

Post  surfer Wed Aug 12, 2009 5:41 pm

hungry in orange city wrote:
surfer wrote:From one of my housemates - she applied for EB, got one story from josh, another from melody. melody seems to know the most & told her on Friday that she could not find her EB app. She said not to worry and supposedly put something thru for her. Now my roomie's acct is online, but says "regular" UC. No "extended" anywhere and nothing in the mail. Does this sound right? (My online acct disappeared, so i am *&^%% pissed.. every damn AWI agent contradicts the other.)

FOX would probably jump all over it! Like I said they are holding this money until they prove we are worthy of it but people that dont even look for work got money because they dont have the job search requirements to fill in. Mad

I hope i don't offend anyone, but i'm pissed as hell. AWI peeps don't care who's worthy, who might be suffering etc. etc. They want their 8 hours to pass by easily. That's just the way it is and the way it always has been. The longer we're silent, the longer this mentality will exist. look at the money allocated for UC, EB and then look at the money allocated to retrain this state's workforce. much of that retraining money is earmarked for those one-stop centers -- to better interview & assess people!?! Makes no sense... many of those people are barely literate, lack common sense and are not people I'd entrust w/ any aspect of my future. Where's the money for retraining really going?? Scary. Speaking for myself, I know only one person who isn't trying to find a job, only one.. I'm in a specialized field but am willing to try other things.. just can't afford another advanced degree... And I keep getting rejected for state and awi jobs!! Calling AWI is well & good but we gotta fight! Rolling Eyes

surfer

Back to top Go down

General EB Discussion - Ongoing - Page 10 Empty RE: Time stamp

Post  RobinSamRyan Wed Aug 12, 2009 6:18 pm

Unemployed in Orlando, right now it is 5:12 pm and the clock is posting 5:12 am so your answer to my post does not make sense. I don't know where you are, thought you were in florida too, but where I am in Maitland, it is the Afternoon, not early in the morning. Just thought I would mention that the time stamp is off by 12 hours. Plus the current date is Wed. Aug. 12th not Thurs. Aug. 13th, unless I am in the Twilight Zone, which is how I feel given the AWI problems with payments on EB this week. I am a little stressed to say the least over still waiting for my check this week and still they haven't issued payment today. I would really like to know how they are checking our job searches. I find it hard to believe that an employer receiving 500 or more resumes knows who has applied unless they have all of them entered in a computer system and I am sure they do not have time to do that in their hiring process. Smile

RobinSamRyan

Back to top Go down

Post  Unemployed In Orlando Wed Aug 12, 2009 6:34 pm

RobinSamRyan wrote:Unemployed in Orlando, right now it is 5:12 pm and the clock is posting 5:12 am so your answer to my post does not make sense. I don't know where you are, thought you were in florida too, but where I am in Maitland, it is the Afternoon, not early in the morning. Just thought I would mention that the time stamp is off by 12 hours. Plus the current date is Wed. Aug. 12th not Thurs. Aug. 13th, unless I am in the Twilight Zone, which is how I feel given the AWI problems with payments on EB this week. I am a little stressed to say the least over still waiting for my check this week and still they haven't issued payment today. I would really like to know how they are checking our job searches. I find it hard to believe that an employer receiving 500 or more resumes knows who has applied unless they have all of them entered in a computer system and I am sure they do not have time to do that in their hiring process. Smile

Robin, then you need to click profile at the top, then the preferences tab and then set your timezone. GMT 4 hours Smile Each user has to update their preferences after you register, there is alot of other neat features there also you might be able to use.
Unemployed In Orlando
Unemployed In Orlando
Admin

Back to top Go down

General EB Discussion - Ongoing - Page 10 Empty RE: Time stamp

Post  RobinSamRyan Wed Aug 12, 2009 6:48 pm

Thanks Unemployed in Orlando, I was able to fix the time. Funny how these little things get under my skin when I am so stressed by AWI and their lack of payment so far this week. I sure hope they issue my payment tomorrow. It is way too hot right now in Florida to be without electricity and I am real close to that. I still haven't heard about the job interview from last week and I thought it went so well. Sad

RobinSamRyan

Back to top Go down

Post  Unemployed In Orlando Wed Aug 12, 2009 7:07 pm

RobinSamRyan wrote:Thanks Unemployed in Orlando, I was able to fix the time. Funny how these little things get under my skin when I am so stressed by AWI and their lack of payment so far this week. I sure hope they issue my payment tomorrow. It is way too hot right now in Florida to be without electricity and I am real close to that. I still haven't heard about the job interview from last week and I thought it went so well. Sad

No problem ; )

I hope you do get some good news from the interview though!! Ill sit here and bounce till you do hehe bounce
Unemployed In Orlando
Unemployed In Orlando
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 27 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 18 ... 27  Next