Unemployed Florida

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Unemployed Florida
Unemployed Florida
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

General EB Discussion - Ongoing

+87
snugglebear
Ar
frogpatch
Evelyn
Michael55
rosemary
Steve_
MerryL
gaineslady
UEINFL
ThatGirl03
Chris U.
michelle
jessica2009
hsd
Judy
Unemployed Mamma
sharonB
grandmom49
Hoppy
scrappy367
LindaLou
connorsgp
Sheila
studioWI
nanny
stein113
jamfaf
Jeff
eitherhalf
John in Orlando
frustratedinfl
kittyg59
Montanakat
maybee
jim jam
jim stratton
jkaplan2195
Beaches
dzabuk
Kirby
johnhwclarke
DisneyDean
garyb
Marc
waybol
GonzoFL
riceckr
Me From Jax
anotherunemployed
Robbi314
RobinSamRyan
SaraJ
surfer
sc4ram
waiting in St Lucie
waiting
pyrox
barbi65
katie
ddee2026
gregFL
irwinojames
nancym
elissa
daytonawanda
Teresa
brb2007
Robyn
LJ
marryp2007
jax123
jon813
floridagirl
Jenn
Cam in FL
Tampa Bay - Anna
hungry in orange city
suicidal
Jacqui
sherbetarchitect
ArleneG
J in FL
trishl127
A-A-A-A79
Maggi MIami
Unemployed In Orlando
91 posters

Page 12 of 27 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 19 ... 27  Next

Go down

General EB Discussion - Ongoing - Page 12 Empty Re: General EB Discussion - Ongoing

Post  Robbi314 Fri Aug 14, 2009 4:34 pm

Well maybe when we claim our next two weeks we should put in the work search area "spent all week on the phone trying to get my payment processed" and yes, it definately has something to do with the temp contracts and federal money being used for other purposes, etc. It's obvious. But the supervisors will do the old CYA (cover your ass) thing and blame any snafus on the temps. They are the sacrificial lambs in all this. Then they'll get fired and all they were doing is what they were told. Go prove it!!!

Robbi314

Back to top Go down

General EB Discussion - Ongoing - Page 12 Empty EB Ongoing Discussion

Post  RobinSamRyan Fri Aug 14, 2009 5:31 pm

FINALLY!!! AWI finally issued my payment today. Now I can schedule to pay bills next week, I am so grateful but really did not need this additional stress. I hope the next time goes smoother and quicker than this week. Having to wait an additional week for money that is not enough to begin with is just plain depressing. I need a job so I can get off the merry-go-round called unemployment. I am going out of town this weekend and next week so I will not be online until Aug. 24th. I am going to MN to a family reunion and to look for a job and possibly move there. Everyone have a good week and hang in there Florida. At least we have each other to lean on for support and encouragement. I could not do it without you all here to bounce things off of and also rant and rave when I need to. Thanks everybody!!! flower

RobinSamRyan

Back to top Go down

General EB Discussion - Ongoing - Page 12 Empty Re: General EB Discussion - Ongoing

Post  Unemployed In Orlando Fri Aug 14, 2009 6:11 pm

RobinSamRyan wrote:FINALLY!!! AWI finally issued my payment today. Now I can schedule to pay bills next week, I am so grateful but really did not need this additional stress. I hope the next time goes smoother and quicker than this week. Having to wait an additional week for money that is not enough to begin with is just plain depressing. I need a job so I can get off the merry-go-round called unemployment. I am going out of town this weekend and next week so I will not be online until Aug. 24th. I am going to MN to a family reunion and to look for a job and possibly move there. Everyone have a good week and hang in there Florida. At least we have each other to lean on for support and encouragement. I could not do it without you all here to bounce things off of and also rant and rave when I need to. Thanks everybody!!! flower

WOOHOO! Party at Robins house!! lol!

Seriously, glad to hear they got you squared away today!! cheers
Unemployed In Orlando
Unemployed In Orlando
Admin

https://unemployed-florida.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  hungry in orange city Fri Aug 14, 2009 6:48 pm

Mine updated also Very Happy
hungry in orange city
hungry in orange city

Back to top Go down

Post  Robbi314 Fri Aug 14, 2009 6:51 pm

What I am waiting to see is if everyone's accounts updated whether they called in or not. Then we'll see how they are scamming us. We may be unemployed but we're not IGNORANT!!!!

Robbi314

Back to top Go down

General EB Discussion - Ongoing - Page 12 Empty Payments Issued

Post  Marc Fri Aug 14, 2009 7:36 pm

My payments were issued during the midday processing today after Josh released the "hold" this morning.

I guess we are playing the sqeeky wheel game...

I also sincerely thank each of you who has taken the time and trouble to investigate the problems and issues and report back to us. Your collective support is truely appeciated.

An off topic note: tag fees are increasing significantly (mine is 55%) after September 1st. If your birthday (renewal date) is prior to December 1st, you can renew before September 1st at the current rate. Check out www.gorenew.com. I know more taxes, but they have to pay the AWI folks ya know... pirat

Marc

Marc

Back to top Go down

General EB Discussion - Ongoing - Page 12 Empty well put

Post  elissa Fri Aug 14, 2009 10:26 pm

My thoughts exactly

elissa

Back to top Go down

General EB Discussion - Ongoing - Page 12 Empty Welcome!!

Post  Unemployed In Orlando Sun Aug 16, 2009 3:58 pm

Just wanted to welcome our 100th registered user, "Hernan A.Valle"!!

I am glad so many of you have joined and help contribute here. Keep up the great work and hold your head high Very Happy

Last edited by Unemployed In Orlando on Sun Aug 16, 2009 4:00 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Format)
Unemployed In Orlando
Unemployed In Orlando
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  nancym Sun Aug 16, 2009 5:31 pm

Unemployed In Orlando wrote:Just wanted to welcome our 100th registered user,,,

Heh-heh! Gee, UIO, if this keeps up we'll all be unemployed, but you could start charging for ads and have a job for yourself here! lol!
nancym
nancym

Back to top Go down

Post  Unemployed In Orlando Sun Aug 16, 2009 5:38 pm

nancym wrote:
Unemployed In Orlando wrote:Just wanted to welcome our 100th registered user,,,

Heh-heh! Gee, UIO, if this keeps up we'll all be unemployed, but you could start charging for ads and have a job for yourself here! lol!

hahaha, not a bad idea Razz
Unemployed In Orlando
Unemployed In Orlando
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Unemployed In Orlando Tue Aug 18, 2009 6:55 pm

Man I am still fuming over reading Cunninghams response to Jim in the other thread. I just thought it might be better to continue in this "ongoing discussion" thread and leave the work search req thread to serve its purpose. It isnt just with the latest issue with work search req, but also the initial EB problems we dealt with and even further back to claiming regular weeks when the system would have "glitches" some days and delay payments for 1 more extra day or 2 sometimes. How can a state ran organization be so damn out of sync? I had to receive EBT benefits with the Florida Dept of Children and Families and NEVER, EVER, EVER had one single issue over 8 months of benefits. And I think they probably have more claims than AWI (unemployment) at any given time. Maybe I am overreacting, but then again I dont feel I am. Does anyone else share the same frustration confused What has the Florida state government dissolved to? affraid
Unemployed In Orlando
Unemployed In Orlando
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Robbi314 Tue Aug 18, 2009 7:01 pm

Well, UIO, maybe that was because those who receive EBT are considered "clients" rather than "customers". The difference is ( at least in my professional opinion) is that clients are in need of services provided by an agency or organization, whereas customers choose where they prefer to do business. Does this make sense to you??? Me either!!!

Robbi314

Back to top Go down

Post  Robbi314 Tue Aug 18, 2009 7:03 pm

Sorry. I had to add a bit of sarcasm here. I think the muckety mucks at AWI have more nerve than brains.

Robbi314

Back to top Go down

Post  Unemployed In Orlando Tue Aug 18, 2009 7:06 pm

Robbi314 wrote:Sorry. I had to add a bit of sarcasm here. I think the muckety mucks at AWI have more nerve than brains.

Agreed and agreed..... I think I became a client rather than a customer when I stopped calling the 8002042418 number back in June and decided to start calling other areas of AWI lol! At least I like to dream Very Happy
Unemployed In Orlando
Unemployed In Orlando
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Robbi314 Tue Aug 18, 2009 7:08 pm

LOL!! Yeah...that's the ticket!! Laughing

Robbi314

Back to top Go down

Post  waybol Tue Aug 18, 2009 7:59 pm

UIO I feel the same way it has been one thing after another.First my claims were put on hold because I was out of state then on hold for work search verification.And they say they are sorry for the delay, bullshit a hold is a delay and they ordered it. It is a form of discrimination in my opinion.The only reason anyones claim should be put on hold is if the claim is not correct.My claim has always been correct,but I had to call to get hold removed.And now I know why I could not get through on the phone 85,000 people all calling at the same time to find out what the hell is going on. They create their problems themselves,and then they become our problems.The AWI is the poorest run organization I have ever had to deal with.I emailed the Gov. and NELP and ranted about how something need to be done with the AWI.I think a few people there should be in the unemployment line themselves.Can we get someone in there with just a little common sence? Time will tell but I doubt it.

waybol

Back to top Go down

General EB Discussion - Ongoing - Page 12 Empty Orlando Job Market

Post  Unemployed In Orlando Tue Aug 18, 2009 8:02 pm

Well that pretty much sums it up, for every 1 job posting in Orlando, there are 6 unemployed people, ughhhhh pale

Interesting article on another blog at OrlandoSentinel.com

Click the link below to read -

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/etan_on_tech/2009/08/site-ranks-orlando-as-one-of-the-worst-markets-for-job-seekers.html
Unemployed In Orlando
Unemployed In Orlando
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  SaraJ Tue Aug 18, 2009 9:02 pm

Unemployed In Orlando wrote:Man I am still fuming over reading Cunninghams response to Jim in the other thread. Does anyone else share the same frustration confused What has the Florida state government dissolved to? affraid

I ABSOLUTELY share the same frustration.....They are absolute idiots. Do they think we asked to be let go during a recession?? And who the hell are the idiots they hired to answer the phones...poor, poor training & management Exclamation

SaraJ

Back to top Go down

General EB Discussion - Ongoing - Page 12 Empty Have we Floridians moved to this site?

Post  ArleneG Wed Aug 19, 2009 12:35 pm

Nice to see you Robbi and Nancy.

Right now I am going through the phone book yellow pages, googling the names of companies, finding e-mail contacts, and sending my resume.
ArleneG
ArleneG

Back to top Go down

General EB Discussion - Ongoing - Page 12 Empty Florida posters

Post  nancym Wed Aug 19, 2009 3:06 pm

Arlene--I think most of us have been so caught up in the last weeks of delayed checks problems that it made more sense to post those excruciating details away from the OC site.

And also that one poster was getting on more than one of our nerves. I asked (probably others did as well) for OC to intervene and moderate the comments. I told him to delete all my recent ones if it would help. That guy reminds me of some of the Asberger's syndrome college students I used to tutor (not too much sense of how they come across to others).

Anyway, I still post on OC for the general comment and legislation-related stuff mainly, which is what the site was set up for in the first place. Smile

8/18/09 EDIT: I should have added that the OC moderator responded immediately to help out; that's why you see all those filtered comments for yesterday.

Last edited by nancym on Wed Aug 19, 2009 4:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
nancym
nancym

Back to top Go down

Post  Unemployed In Orlando Wed Aug 19, 2009 3:53 pm

nancym wrote:Arlene--I think most of us have been so caught up in the last weeks of delayed checks problems that it made more sense to post those excruciating details away from the OC site.

And also that one poster was getting on more than one of our nerves. I asked (probably others did as well) for OC to intervene and moderate the comments. I told him to delete all my recent ones if it would help. That guy reminds me of some of the Asberger's syndrome college students I used to tutor (not too much sense of how they come across to others).

Anyway, I still post on OC for the general comment and legislation-related stuff mainly, which is what the site was set up for in the first place. Smile

Merged over to this topic Very Happy Thats why I made this forum so we can more directly moderate and filter Twisted Evil
Unemployed In Orlando
Unemployed In Orlando
Admin

Back to top Go down

General EB Discussion - Ongoing - Page 12 Empty EB payments

Post  garyb Thu Aug 20, 2009 10:15 am

I just spoke to an EB representative who told me that no one is recieving their weeks until their Work Search Data gets confirmed. When I mentioned that some people had been successful in getting paid by having an EB AWI person remove the flag on their record, he didn't seem to know that was happening. He said checks should be released next week--alot of good that does us who have last weeks bill pending. I am going to continue to try some of the other numbers listed in the Contact section of this forum until I get someone who can help me. I need to get something done this week.

garyb

Back to top Go down

Post  GonzoFL Thu Aug 20, 2009 12:54 pm

garyb:

I don't know when you claimed for your benefits,but the story that AWI rep gave you sounds like he or she isn't very well informed. Try one of these numbers and see if these rep's can assist you.

Cassandra-877-846-8770 ex1493
Melody-877-846-8770 ex5293
Josh-877-846-8770 ex5296
GonzoFL
GonzoFL

Back to top Go down

Post  garyb Thu Aug 20, 2009 7:33 pm

Thanks, I spoke to Melody and think we got everything staightened out. It was so nice to actually talk to a real person.

garyb

Back to top Go down

General EB Discussion - Ongoing - Page 12 Empty Last week of EB

Post  SaraJ Sun Aug 23, 2009 10:33 am

This coming week is my last week of EB. However, my "year ends" on Thurs. Aug.27 (actually this will be 2 years). I'm wondering if I'll get my last week or if my year will start over. Did some self-employed work last year that I got a 1099 for, but it was only~$1200. So I don't think this plays a role in the unemployment because the 1099 employer did not pay any unemployment taxes on this & I paid all the SS taxes on it. Does anyone have any idea how & if this will affect me?

SaraJ

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 27 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 19 ... 27  Next