Unemployed Florida

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Unemployed Florida
Unemployed Florida
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

General EB Discussion - Ongoing

+87
snugglebear
Ar
frogpatch
Evelyn
Michael55
rosemary
Steve_
MerryL
gaineslady
UEINFL
ThatGirl03
Chris U.
michelle
jessica2009
hsd
Judy
Unemployed Mamma
sharonB
grandmom49
Hoppy
scrappy367
LindaLou
connorsgp
Sheila
studioWI
nanny
stein113
jamfaf
Jeff
eitherhalf
John in Orlando
frustratedinfl
kittyg59
Montanakat
maybee
jim jam
jim stratton
jkaplan2195
Beaches
dzabuk
Kirby
johnhwclarke
DisneyDean
garyb
Marc
waybol
GonzoFL
riceckr
Me From Jax
anotherunemployed
Robbi314
RobinSamRyan
SaraJ
surfer
sc4ram
waiting in St Lucie
waiting
pyrox
barbi65
katie
ddee2026
gregFL
irwinojames
nancym
elissa
daytonawanda
Teresa
brb2007
Robyn
LJ
marryp2007
jax123
jon813
floridagirl
Jenn
Cam in FL
Tampa Bay - Anna
hungry in orange city
suicidal
Jacqui
sherbetarchitect
ArleneG
J in FL
trishl127
A-A-A-A79
Maggi MIami
Unemployed In Orlando
91 posters

Page 20 of 27 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 23 ... 27  Next

Go down

General EB Discussion - Ongoing - Page 20 Empty Re: General EB Discussion - Ongoing

Post  Hoppy Thu Oct 15, 2009 5:35 pm

Unemployed In Orlando wrote:
Hoppy wrote:
If you enjoy or appreciate a post, make sure you click the "Thanks" button and/or the little plus sign (+) to the right of the post This adds reputation points to the user

Thanks, UIO, I just used the (+) sign but can't find the "Thanks" button. Where should I look for it??

Oops, just the plus sign (+) Very Happy

The thanks button is there, but can only be clicked once for the topic, Im going to actually go ahead and deactivate that so we can just use the plus and minus buttons Very Happy

Oh, ok! I'll just use the (+) I thought I lost my eye sight there! drunken
Hoppy
Hoppy

Back to top Go down

General EB Discussion - Ongoing - Page 20 Empty latest extension info

Post  jim stratton Mon Oct 19, 2009 1:19 pm

Guys,

Here's a short update on the latest extension info. Basically, the thing is stalled in the Senate. Something else worth noting: When finally passed, doesn't look like it'll be retroactive.
http://bit.ly/43wLD7

jim stratton

Back to top Go down

General EB Discussion - Ongoing - Page 20 Empty Re: General EB Discussion - Ongoing

Post  Unemployed In Orlando Mon Oct 19, 2009 3:58 pm

jim stratton wrote:Guys,

Here's a short update on the latest extension info. Basically, the thing is stalled in the Senate. Something else worth noting: When finally passed, doesn't look like it'll be retroactive.

Thanks Jim!! Very Happy
Unemployed In Orlando
Unemployed In Orlando
Admin

https://unemployed-florida.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeff Mon Oct 19, 2009 7:35 pm

Unemployed In Orlando wrote:
jim stratton wrote:Guys,

Thanks Jim!! Very Happy

Ditto that.

Jeff

Back to top Go down

General EB Discussion - Ongoing - Page 20 Empty Unemployment Benefits Extension

Post  grandmom49 Tue Oct 20, 2009 10:40 am

I wanted to share with you the email that I sent to Sen. Bill Nelson this morning:
I was downsized in 06/08 because of loss of business from DME Holdings, LLC, One of the largest employers in Volusia County prior to that time. I have been seeking employment with no results and no good prospects. My benefits will run out next month and you will then have a 59yr old grandmother living on the street. Please pass the bill agreed on in the Senate on 10/06/2009 and then let Senators propose new legislation to encompass desired amendments.

Sad

grandmom49

Back to top Go down

General EB Discussion - Ongoing - Page 20 Empty Payment Processing Delayed wks ending 10/10, 10/17

Post  grandmom49 Wed Oct 21, 2009 9:55 am

I claimed my weeks yesterday and found that my payment was not issued so I called Josh. He does not know why but claims from yesterday are not being processed until today.

*ADMIN EDIT - Please post within the established threads Very Happy

Last edited by Unemployed In Orlando on Wed Oct 21, 2009 4:08 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Moved to correct thread)

grandmom49

Back to top Go down

Post  frustratedinfl Wed Oct 21, 2009 10:55 am

I claimed both my weeks on Monday. I only recieved a direct deposit for one week today. I called them in a panic and they told me that one week was processed on Monday and that the other wasn't processed until yesterday afternoon. I should get that second week direct deposited tomorrow... after my car payment had already bounced. Just great.

frustratedinfl

Back to top Go down

General EB Discussion - Ongoing - Page 20 Empty Claim Processing delayed

Post  grandmom49 Wed Oct 21, 2009 11:12 am

Call your bank and see if they will reverse the check return and refund the fees based on the UIB processing delay. I have had the problem not too long ago and my bank worked with me. I can't remember what the finance co. did but I think I wound up paying them a late fee only. Good Luck

grandmom49

Back to top Go down

Post  GonzoFL Wed Oct 21, 2009 12:13 pm

frustratedinfl wrote:I claimed both my weeks on Monday. I only recieved a direct deposit for one week today. I called them in a panic and they told me that one week was processed on Monday and that the other wasn't processed until yesterday afternoon. I should get that second week direct deposited tomorrow... after my car payment had already bounced. Just great.

Same thing happened to me when I claimed on the 12th of Oct for two weeks. Called Josh....he blamed the glitch on being the end of the quarter. Normally I get my DD on Wednesday. That week I got one DD on Thursday and one on Friday. If I recall...Unemployed in Orlando was told that the delays had something to do with the 12th being a holiday. Well,ok,but from what I read concerning Florida state holidays,Columbus Day isn't a state holiday. So I don't know what the hell happened...but there was some sort of malfunction. BTW frustrated,yes call your bank and tell them what happened,maybe they will be willing to forgo any OD charges,especially if your account shows you get steady deposits from AWI every other Wednesday.
GonzoFL
GonzoFL

Back to top Go down

General EB Discussion - Ongoing - Page 20 Empty extension stalled in Senate

Post  jim stratton Wed Oct 21, 2009 5:57 pm

Benefits extension that most everyone says they support still hasn't moved through the Senate. Here's the latest.

http://bit.ly/2ToE6X

Thanks,
Jim Stratton
Orlando Sentinel

jim stratton

Back to top Go down

Post  Sheila Fri Oct 23, 2009 12:44 am

If I recall...Unemployed in Orlando was told that the delays had something to do with the 12th being a holiday. Well,ok,but from what I read concerning Florida state holidays,Columbus Day isn't a state holiday. So I don't know what the hell happened...but there was some sort of malfunction.

Actually the banks in FL are closed on Columbus day as well the post office. I'll never understand why most southern states don't honor the holiday, but that is another thread. Anyway, with the banks not being operational, it makes sense for your weeks to be at least one day late.

Sheila

Back to top Go down

General EB Discussion - Ongoing - Page 20 Empty Bill Nelson Reply

Post  sharonB Fri Oct 23, 2009 9:07 am

Personally, I don't appreciate a generic reply, but this must mean a lot of emails are being sent for them to generate one..... Here's mine

Thank you for contacting me about unemployment benefits.

Florida has been hit hard by the current recession. Nearly one million Floridians are out of work, giving us an unemployment rate of 10.7%. And this past August, more than half of our 67 counties had double-digit unemployment. People who are out of work and trying to find a job deserve help while they get back on their feet.

Last month the House of Representatives passed a bill to extend unemployment benefits. That bill was expected to quickly pass the Senate, but was held up by Senators who were concerned it would only benefit States with high unemployment. Late last week, an agreement was reached, and I am confident that the Senate will pass an extension in a timely manner.

Thank you for contacting me about this important issue. Please do not hesitate to contact me in the future.

Sincerely,
Senator Bill Nelson
sharonB
sharonB

Back to top Go down

Post  nancym Fri Oct 23, 2009 6:05 pm

grandmom49 wrote:I wanted to share with you the email that I sent to Sen. Bill Nelson this morning:
I was downsized in 06/08 because of loss of business from DME Holdings, LLC, One of the largest employers in Volusia County prior to that time. I have been seeking employment with no results and no good prospects. My benefits will run out next month and you will then have a 59yr old grandmother living on the street. Please pass the bill agreed on in the Senate on 10/06/2009 and then let Senators propose new legislation to encompass desired amendments.
Sad

grandmom49--Well, they haven't come through for you yet, but I just wanted to point out that it may have been your letter, among others, that got Bill Nelson to add his name to the list of Senators requesting the motion to proceed on our bill last Wednesday night. That list was not read aloud, but it's in the record (18 senators, Bill's there too).
nancym
nancym

Back to top Go down

Post  grandmom49 Fri Oct 23, 2009 7:10 pm

I hope I played a small part in Sen. Nelson's decision.
I got a call from a recruiter today about a position so I may not need the extension. But even if I am hired, Monday I am sending out tweets, messages via facebook status updates and pleas to all my contacts on every Social Networking site to which I belong asking for everyone to contact their Senator and request that this bill get passed on Tuesday. It is past time for our legislators to realize that we are watching and tired of waiting.

grandmom49

Back to top Go down

Post  GonzoFL Fri Oct 23, 2009 8:27 pm

grandmom49 wrote:I hope I played a small part in Sen. Nelson's decision.
I got a call from a recruiter today about a position so I may not need the extension. But even if I am hired, Monday I am sending out tweets, messages via facebook status updates and pleas to all my contacts on every Social Networking site to which I belong asking for everyone to contact their Senator and request that this bill get passed on Tuesday. It is past time for our legislators to realize that we are watching and tired of waiting.

Good luck on that position grandmom49. Like Nancy was saying,Sen Nelson is on our side on the new extension that is before the senate now. I have no great love for 90% of the senate right now,but Bill Nelson is alright...he has,to date,my vote,if he runs again for the senate. I also received the same generic reply from Sen Nelson when I wrote him...but it was on point and pertained to the unemployment extension. On the other hand,when I wrote our new Republican Senator,George(Pepe)LeMieux(if your a Bugs Bunny fan...you'll see the play on words connection here) regarding his stand and support of the new extension. He in turn send his generic response to his stand on health care. Thanks George...not what I asked of you. I guess it's hard to have an opinion on an issue if your puppet master(Charlie Crist) didn't program that into your data base. Anyway,good luck with that position,it would be nice to hear of someone joining the ranks of the employed again
GonzoFL
GonzoFL

Back to top Go down

Post  Unemployed Mamma Sun Oct 25, 2009 5:23 pm

Does anyone know if EB is going to be extended? I'm about to use mine up and am wondering if the latest extension would apply to me. Still haven't been able to find anything and have been unemployed since April 2008.

Unemployed Mamma

Back to top Go down

Post  nancym Sun Oct 25, 2009 5:44 pm

Unemployed Mamma wrote:Does anyone know if EB is going to be extended? I'm about to use mine up and am wondering if the latest extension would apply to me. Still haven't been able to find anything and have been unemployed since April 2008.

We have an entire thread of discussion on this board about that. Please go to this link for more information:

https://unemployed-florida.forumotion.com/senate-bills-state-policies-federal-initiatives-f6/fall-2009-unemployment-extension-possible-t26.htm
nancym
nancym

Back to top Go down

Post  grandmom49 Wed Oct 28, 2009 4:52 pm

AWI posted the "adjusted" rate for October 2009. We are now at 11.0%. That's up .03% from the rate Sen Nelson quoted in his reply letter last week. Things are going from bad to worse instead of improving.

BTW:The staffing agencies are contacting me regarding a position that requires a BA or extensive experience in my field. With an AS degree & 8 yrs experience on my resume more than 1 recruiter felt I was a good candidate. Turns out that the employer is currently only looking at candidates that hold a BA so I got all excited over nothing.

grandmom49

Back to top Go down

General EB Discussion - Ongoing - Page 20 Empty EB Payment

Post  Sheila Thu Nov 12, 2009 2:10 pm

Is anyone's EB payment late this week????? I claimed my weeks on Monday, like always, and still haven't received my direct deposit payment. I checked online and it said it was issued. Has anyone else had this problem?

Sheila

Back to top Go down

Post  GonzoFL Thu Nov 12, 2009 2:24 pm

Sheila wrote:Is anyone's EB payment late this week????? I claimed my weeks on Monday, like always, and still haven't received my direct deposit payment. I checked online and it said it was issued. Has anyone else had this problem?

I claimed on Monday also Sheila. Normally I have my DD by Wednesday,but I didn't receive it until today. The Wednesday holiday must have delayed the process,but you should have had DD today. Usually mine is in the bank early on the Wednesday that I claim. I have checked by bank account as early as 6 a.m. and the money already is there. You may want to call them. I leave nothing to chance when it comes to AWI. Just because the check was issued doesn't mean it was sent. 877-846-8770 ex's---1493,5293 or 5296.
GonzoFL
GonzoFL

Back to top Go down

Post  Unemployed In Orlando Thu Nov 12, 2009 7:32 pm

GonzoFL wrote:
Sheila wrote:Is anyone's EB payment late this week????? I claimed my weeks on Monday, like always, and still haven't received my direct deposit payment. I checked online and it said it was issued. Has anyone else had this problem?

I claimed on Monday also Sheila. Normally I have my DD by Wednesday,but I didn't receive it until today. The Wednesday holiday must have delayed the process,but you should have had DD today. Usually mine is in the bank early on the Wednesday that I claim. I have checked by bank account as early as 6 a.m. and the money already is there. You may want to call them. I leave nothing to chance when it comes to AWI. Just because the check was issued doesn't mean it was sent. 877-846-8770 ex's---1493,5293 or 5296.

Claimed Monday, funds avail yest morning.
Unemployed In Orlando
Unemployed In Orlando
Admin

https://unemployed-florida.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sheila Thu Nov 12, 2009 8:45 pm

Well I finally remembered Veterans Day, but yeah, I don't have it. I will call them. Thanks everyone.

*I did claim mine Monday afternoon instead of Morning, so maybe that made the difference.

Last edited by Sheila on Thu Nov 12, 2009 8:48 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added *)

Sheila

Back to top Go down

General EB Discussion - Ongoing - Page 20 Empty Timing of Filing

Post  Judy Fri Nov 13, 2009 2:49 am

I was told by AWI cust serv that claims filed before noon are processed at noon of the same day, if you file after 12PM they are processed the next day which will delay your payment by one day.

Judy

Back to top Go down

Post  Sheila Fri Nov 13, 2009 11:15 am

Thanks for the info Judy. I finally got mine this morning after 9am. Whew!!!! I was worried, ya never know.

Sheila

Back to top Go down

Post  hsd Tue Dec 01, 2009 7:15 pm

I am so lost on this forum. Where did I post before? I haven't received followups to the discussion. My question is when can I expect to file if I started a new EUC Tier III claim, I have my confirmation # from November 19 but cannot file online, says I have no funds. Where else do I file?
hsd
hsd

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 27 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 23 ... 27  Next