Unemployed Florida

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Unemployed Florida
Unemployed Florida
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What is the difference between web design and graphic design?

2 posters

Go down

What is the difference between web design and graphic design? Empty What is the difference between web design and graphic design?

Post  sohel2010 Sun Jul 25, 2010 9:04 am

Well, I'm getting closer and closer to graduating but I'm confused on what to take in college.i wanna be a web designer.what courses should i take. i wanna make the websites i make interactive attractive and great and also have fun doing it. but it looks like i should take both web designing and graphic design or what ever.

sohel2010

Back to top Go down

What is the difference between web design and graphic design? Empty Re: What is the difference between web design and graphic design?

Post  Sheila Fri Aug 06, 2010 11:08 pm

sohel2010 wrote:Well, I'm getting closer and closer to graduating but I'm confused on what to take in college.i wanna be a web designer.what courses should i take. i wanna make the websites i make interactive attractive and great and also have fun doing it. but it looks like i should take both web designing and graphic design or what ever.

There is a big difference between web design and graphic design. People are under the false impression that anyone can design a web site. That's not true, not a good one anyway. Website design has to do with programming. ( A good web designer will learn how to hard code a site in a specific language. You should do research on that.) A web designer also needs to learn how to design and implement databases along with login (hard coded) pages and learn how to design or add ecommerce apps. A graphic designer deals strictly with graphics or images. There are many graphic programs to learn, most employers prefer adobe photoshop or InDesign. Usually a graphic designer works with a web designer to make a website.

Source: Been in the business since 1998

Sheila

Back to top Go down