Unemployed Florida

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Unemployed Florida
Unemployed Florida
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Eligibility For UIC, EB & EUC

+35
december32738
Steve_
brindz1@gmail.com
AMC23
spd76un
lorlu
pyrox
surfer
MerryL
Evelyn
frustratedinfl
eitherhalf
hart2heart2009
Jeff
mrgoodkat
ofantastic
ThatGirl03
DisneyDean
John in Orlando
sc4ram
connorsgp
hickstmj
AJG
bookerwt
Sheila
motley
Patricia Viera
jessica2009
JJ in Florida
nancym
howards12
grandmom49
GonzoFL
Unemployed In Orlando
JeanH
39 posters

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Eligibility For UIC, EB & EUC - Page 5 Empty Re: Eligibility For UIC, EB & EUC

Post  Unemployed In Orlando Wed May 19, 2010 4:57 pm

Awesome news guys!! Very Happy
Unemployed In Orlando
Unemployed In Orlando
Admin

https://unemployed-florida.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  surfer Wed May 19, 2010 5:51 pm

I also decided to do the EB application this morning. Wasn't taking any chances... I claimed 7 weeks and that's more than i was told i had coming. so we'll see if and when!!

surfer

Back to top Go down

Post  grandmom49 Wed May 19, 2010 6:11 pm

Did anyone who claimed weeks check to see if a payment was issued?

grandmom49

Back to top Go down

Post  pyrox Wed May 19, 2010 6:12 pm

i spoke with awi rep this morning and she told me to fill out the application online even though i collected eb last year she so i filled it out and claimed 6 weeks.
i told her i was told last week that the remainder of what i had in my eb account from last year which is 526.00 is all i would get she told me that was not true that i would get more than what i was told by another awi rep.. so many different stories will just wait and see what happens... btw any one heard if our us goverment gonna give a new tier or any thing else? god help us all

pyrox

Back to top Go down

Post  Unemployed In Orlando Wed May 19, 2010 6:15 pm

Hey Pyrox, good to see ya, we have a few threads going about possible extensions, nothing is concrete, just a petition from the unemployed and more speculation from the media.

https://unemployed-florida.forumotion.com/senate-bills-state-policies-federal-initiatives-f6/

Also gang, lets stay on topic in this thread for Eligibility issues, many people flow through the site and have to scour through the comments, we have a General EB discussion thread set up already, thanks!! Very Happy

Last edited by Unemployed In Orlando on Wed May 19, 2010 6:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Unemployed In Orlando
Unemployed In Orlando
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  frustratedinfl Wed May 19, 2010 6:17 pm

I checked. no payment yet.

frustratedinfl

Back to top Go down

Post  lorlu Thu May 20, 2010 12:52 pm

Thanks for all the great info everyone... I wrote the lady listed here for EB and did the application per her advice then I claimed three remaining weeks yesterday.... I don't see anything about a timeframe to hear back or receive those funds. TIA to anybody that knows..

lorlu

Back to top Go down

Post  grandmom49 Fri May 21, 2010 3:07 pm

I spoke to Melody yesterday & she said everyone who thinks they should collect EB should file the application on line. After you file it will take a few days for your application to be reviewed and if approved your account will be updated.

grandmom49

Back to top Go down

Post  MerryL Fri May 21, 2010 6:34 pm

I expected that this process could take a while (many weeks). awi is not known for speed.

MerryL

Back to top Go down

Post  pyrox Fri May 21, 2010 6:57 pm

it isa waiting game again... like we all have not waited long enough.. aww so tired of all the bs............

pyrox

Back to top Go down

Post  grandmom49 Fri May 21, 2010 9:43 pm

Most of the review is to see if you had any income that would disqualify you from receiving EB benefits. Just keep watching the Hot Topics on AWI's website to see when they are going to begin issuing payments to those who qualify. This is actually progressing a little faster than I expected as Gov Crist did not wait out the time limit to sign on the last day. I can't wait to see the final figures. I hope that everyone who qualifies applies.

grandmom49

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeff Fri May 21, 2010 11:50 pm

I applied for the first time for EB on wednesday. It asked for SS#, name, address, phone, etc. Then a couple page in, a review page came up with info about me which was correct but that I didnt enter. So I knew it had my info. Next it showed I had 3 weeks of EB coming which again coincided with my last EUC check and was right on the money. Claimed those three weeks. Did'nt have to provide proof of job seach. Then it gave me a confirmation number, and that was it. The whole thing only took about ten minutes or so. Oh yeah, it also allowed me to enter info for direct deposit.

That said, nothing is reflected or changed in my online unemployment account, the one I have used for UI and all Tiers of EUC. It remains thus far showing my last EUC activity and a balance of zero.

Jeff

Back to top Go down

Post  grandmom49 Sun May 23, 2010 4:00 pm

Jeff wrote:I applied for the first time for EB on wednesday. It asked for SS#, name, address, phone, etc. Then a couple page in, a review page came up with info about me which was correct but that I didnt enter. So I knew it had my info. Next it showed I had 3 weeks of EB coming which again coincided with my last EUC check and was right on the money. Claimed those three weeks. Did'nt have to provide proof of job seach. Then it gave me a confirmation number, and that was it. The whole thing only took about ten minutes or so. Oh yeah, it also allowed me to enter info for direct deposit.

That said, nothing is reflected or changed in my online unemployment account, the one I have used for UI and all Tiers of EUC. It remains thus far showing my last EUC activity and a balance of zero.

I think all of us who had EB benefits paid & then deducted from Tier3 are in the same boat. As I posted earlier, Melody told me that all claims would have to be reviewed prior to payments being made. She did not specify & I did not think to ask if the reviews & payments were going to be made as the claims are filed or if there is some magical figure or date that must be reached before reviews begin. I had to claim for 7 weeks and enter the employer & gross pay info for the wks ending 05/01, 05/07 & 05/15 because I was hired as a Census Enumerator. Those weeks have absolutely nothing to do with the weeks I would be eligible for so I think once again, AWI is just piling paperwork on top of paperwork to justify their budget while claimants are drowning.

grandmom49

Back to top Go down

Eligibility For UIC, EB & EUC - Page 5 Empty Confusion Central???

Post  Evelyn Wed May 26, 2010 8:17 pm

Crazy things are happening and it's beyond my feeble brain to try and figure out the situation. Maybe somebody can come up with an answer.

After being told verbally and in writing last week that I would not get anymore benefits because I live in a state that is not on EB, today I received an envelope from AWI with the paperwork to apply online, by fax or in writing for benefits for each week from March until early June. While I wasn't happy, I understood why I wouldn't get my credit balance or the $25 per week Federal EB money and have been watching like hawk to see what the new package in Washington will contain when it's passed. There was nothing in the envelope that explained what the application was for and considering I already received my 2 weeks for being in a non-EB state, I have absolutely no idea what they want me to apply for except that there was a lot of the usual "maybe you are eligible" and "you might qualify" verbage on the forms. I completed the application online and will just wait and see what happens.

If anyone received these forms or understands what they might be for, please help unconfuse me.

Evelyn

Evelyn

Back to top Go down

Post  nancym Thu May 27, 2010 10:53 am

Evelyn wrote:Crazy things are happening and it's beyond my feeble brain to try and figure out the situation. Maybe somebody can come up with an answer.

After being told verbally and in writing last week that I would not get anymore benefits because I live in a state that is not on EB, today I received an envelope from AWI with the paperwork to apply online, by fax or in writing for benefits for each week from March until early June. While I wasn't happy, I understood why I wouldn't get my credit balance or the $25 per week Federal EB money and have been watching like hawk to see what the new package in Washington will contain when it's passed. There was nothing in the envelope that explained what the application was for and considering I already received my 2 weeks for being in a non-EB state, I have absolutely no idea what they want me to apply for except that there was a lot of the usual "maybe you are eligible" and "you might qualify" verbage on the forms. I completed the application online and will just wait and see what happens.

If anyone received these forms or understands what they might be for, please help unconfuse me.

Evelyn

I just edited this entire reply because I didn't realize you were not in Florida until I read your post on the "ongoing" thread! We do have a separate thread for those claiming out of state:
https://unemployed-florida.forumotion.com/latest-uc-eb-euc-awi-news-f1/claiming-out-of-state-eb-discussion-ongoing-t17.htm

Sounds like maybe something crossed in the mails between when Crist signed for the new EB benefits extension and when you were told no more benefits?

AWI was sending out letters to those potentially eligible who had exhausted Tier benefits to apply for the newly legislated EB extension. If you haven't been following this particular thread, go back to read the last two weeks or so and a lot of what went on in the state legislature in April will be explained. But how that affects people out of state I personally have no idea.

Last edited by nancym on Thu May 27, 2010 11:02 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : total re-edit in reference to out of state)
nancym
nancym

Back to top Go down

Post  Unemployed In Orlando Tue Jun 01, 2010 6:49 pm

Sooooo last two weeks of this tier claimed yesterday left a $3 balance, yes 3 bucks... If it would have 0'd out then I would have moved to the next tier (due to cut off time), but since there is 3 bucks, no new tier.... grrr Evil or Very Mad
Unemployed In Orlando
Unemployed In Orlando
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  nancym Tue Jun 01, 2010 9:40 pm

Unemployed In Orlando wrote:Sooooo last two weeks of this tier claimed yesterday left a $3 balance, yes 3 bucks... If it would have 0'd out then I would have moved to the next tier (due to cut off time), but since there is 3 bucks, no new tier.... grrr Evil or Very Mad

Eeuwww! You don't deserve that. What a ridiculous system!
nancym
nancym

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeff Wed Jun 02, 2010 1:23 pm

Unemployed In Orlando wrote:Sooooo last two weeks of this tier claimed yesterday left a $3 balance, yes 3 bucks... If it would have 0'd out then I would have moved to the next tier (due to cut off time), but since there is 3 bucks, no new tier.... grrr Evil or Very Mad

Not that the rules apply in Florida, but motley once guided me to a DOL site. The rule I read on that site said that a short week like yours should automatically trigger the next Tier to bring that week to a full benefit because according to the rules, a short week is, for all intent and purpose, an exhausted account. Granted Florida consistently dispatches short weeks as if it were the full benefit, but the DOL rules clearly state otherwise.....somewhere. You may wanna contact motley. As I recall, he went round and round on the phone with them for the same reasons as yours, and I think they conceded his point. But I don't recall the outcome.

PS; Here, I found it, in Section C-6. I assume the same rule applies to Tiers 3 and 4 transition.

6. Question: The maximum entitlement results in a final payment that is not a full WBA
payment. How must the state handle this situation?
Answer: If the calculation does not result in a full WBA payment and the state is in a
EUC08 Third-Tier period, the state will augment the EUC08 Second-Tier final payment
with EUC08 Third-Tier entitlement. If the state is not in an EUC08 Third-Tier period,
the state will issue the final (partial) payment, which will be the remaining balance in the
individual’s EUC08 Second-Tier “account” (that is, the remaining entitlement).
http://wdr.doleta.gov/directives/attach/uipl/uipl23-08c5a1.pdf

Jeff

Back to top Go down

Post  Unemployed In Orlando Wed Jun 02, 2010 3:48 pm

Great info Jeff thanks!!!!! Im waiting to hear back from Melody now Very Happy
Unemployed In Orlando
Unemployed In Orlando
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeff Wed Jun 02, 2010 5:02 pm

Unemployed In Orlando wrote:Great info Jeff thanks!!!!! Im waiting to hear back from Melody now Very Happy

You're most welcome UIO. Hope it's gets you favorable results. If so, thanks be to Motley for digging it up in the first place.

Jeff

Back to top Go down

Post  motley Wed Jun 02, 2010 7:21 pm

Jeff wrote:
Unemployed In Orlando wrote:Great info Jeff thanks!!!!! Im waiting to hear back from Melody now Very Happy

You're most welcome UIO. Hope it's gets you favorable results. If so, thanks be to Motley for digging it up in the first place.

Oh Boy the $3.00 balance. Went through that nightmare at the end of last year with Jeff. Yes the rules are suppose to be followed by AWI to pay you your Full WBA although till this day AWI still does not seem to abide by those rules. I have still ended each Tier with a partial payment even though the DOL instructions say that it should be augmented from the next tier. Anyway here is who i contacted at the DOL when i had that problem. She should be able to help. Lowery.Diann@dol.gov
Let her know that AWI is not following the DOL instruction's and it is making you miss the extension cut off date due to a $3.00 partial payment.
That's if Melody can't take care of it, but i know when i went through it last december the DOL had to contact the higher up's in tallahasee to get it taken care of. Let me know if you need more info.

Last edited by motley on Wed Jun 02, 2010 7:27 pm; edited 1 time in total

motley

Back to top Go down

Post  Unemployed In Orlando Wed Jun 02, 2010 7:23 pm

Thanks Motley! I didnt hear back from Melody today but I will definitely email the DOL about this. I really appreciate your help! Very Happy
Unemployed In Orlando
Unemployed In Orlando
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  motley Wed Jun 02, 2010 7:37 pm

Unemployed In Orlando wrote:Thanks Motley! I didnt hear back from Melody today but I will definitely email the DOL about this. I really appreciate your help! Very Happy

No problem, let me know if you need further help with it. Mine was a $2.00 payment but the DOL got it sorted out. If you go to General EUC Discussion - Ongoing -Page 18 has some of the info me and jeff discussed about this in December.

motley

Back to top Go down

Eligibility For UIC, EB & EUC - Page 5 Empty Tier 4

Post  spd76un Fri Jun 11, 2010 3:17 pm

Today is my last eligible week of Tier 3 (call in on Monday). Am I correct that I am not able to go to Tier 4 unless they extend a deadline? I've never claimed EB before, can I do that?

spd76un

Back to top Go down

Post  Unemployed In Orlando Fri Jun 11, 2010 4:07 pm

spd76un wrote:Today is my last eligible week of Tier 3 (call in on Monday). Am I correct that I am not able to go to Tier 4 unless they extend a deadline? I've never claimed EB before, can I do that?

Correct, until they pass an extension of eligibility you cannot move onto tier 4, sorry Crying or Very sad
Unemployed In Orlando
Unemployed In Orlando
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next