Unemployed Florida

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Unemployed Florida
Unemployed Florida
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Republican Rep. Ginny Brown-Waite is a HOSEHEAD

4 posters

Go down

Republican Rep. Ginny Brown-Waite is a HOSEHEAD Empty Republican Rep. Ginny Brown-Waite is a HOSEHEAD

Post  GonzoFL Mon Mar 15, 2010 4:54 pm

I recently wrote to my U S Rep. Brown-Waite in regard to extending benefit WEEKS for we the unemployed who have or are about to run out of benefits. So what do I get...a canned response on the Federal reserve and banking regulations. I mean come on....couldn't she or one of here zillion aides at least write back with something on point....the bitch is clueless....NO SOUP FOR HER!!

Dear.................

Thank you for bringing your concerns to my attention. I appreciate the time you took to contact my office on this important issue and welcome the opportunity to respond.

As you know, the financial crisis of 2008 was caused by many things, but chief among them was a failure to adequately enforce existing banking regulations. Whether unable or unwilling, various regulatory agencies, including the Federal Reserve, failed to address the enormous amount of risk that had built up in the financial system.

In his effort to address this situation, President Obama has submitted an eighty-eight page proposal outlining what he would like to change about the regulatory system. Most critics of the plan have focused on two things. First, the plan calls for the creation of two new additional regulatory agencies precisely when most experts agree we need to reduce the number of overlapping agencies. After all, it was the "alphabet soup" of numerous regulators that partly led to the crisis. While Democrats have a habit of thinking problems can be solved with "just one more agency" or by blindly throwing taxpayer dollars into a hole, you and I both know that this is not the case.

The second concern, shared by Republicans and Democrats alike, is the enormous increase in power that President Obama would like to give the Federal Reserve. As you know, the Fed principally has two roles. First, it is responsible for keeping inflation low and unemployment in check. Second, the Federal Reserve is also the primary regulator for large financial institutions. While some argue that the Fed has managed inflation and unemployment reasonably well over the last twenty years, almost everybody agrees that the Fed has failed spectacularly at regulation. Despite the consensus, President Obama's solution is to increase the scope of Federal Reserve regulation.

Mr. Obama has surrounded himself with some of the brightest minds in economics. Yet reports indicate that he is flatly disregarding the advice of many of them and opting instead for pollsters and political advisors. Frankly, given the immense pain that this crisis has caused for so many working families, the President's decision to play politics with the economy is incredibly distressing and dangerous.

Throughout my tenure in public service, I have always kept an open door and an open dialogue with my constituents. As Congress addresses the many challenges facing our nation, I hope you will continue to share your thoughts and views with me. Accordingly, I encourage you to visit my Web site at http://brown-waite.house.gov to email me and find useful information about our 5th Congressional District.

It is my honor and privilege to serve the people of Florida's 5th Congressional District and my offices and staff are here to provide you with any assistance you may need.

Sincerely,

Ginny Brown-Waite
Member of Congress
GonzoFL
GonzoFL

Back to top Go down

Republican Rep. Ginny Brown-Waite is a HOSEHEAD Empty droids

Post  nancym Tue Mar 16, 2010 12:54 am

Hmm. She must be using the same automated software to pick out keywords in her mail that just beat me out of a job. I recently was asked to give a sample of work on selecting keywords for a classic story, including selecting the most appropriate internet links to elucidate the meaning of those words (it was a 19th century piece of classic literature).

I sent my sample and the woman who was the recruiter (probably a teenager) told me it was great, and asked for my references. Okay, so I sent a long list of references. (Geez, it's a temp online 10-buck an hour job!) She then wrote back and asked for the email addresses for the references. This was a legitimate online (though new) business, so I sent the email addresses as well.

Two days later I received an email reply (mind you, no one bothered to pick up a phone to speak with me during any of this). They said they were sorry, they decided to use an automated process to do this job!

Well, I guess you get what you pay for.
nancym
nancym

Back to top Go down

Republican Rep. Ginny Brown-Waite is a HOSEHEAD Empty Re: Republican Rep. Ginny Brown-Waite is a HOSEHEAD

Post  sc4ram Tue Mar 16, 2010 1:12 am

This is why I concluded (IMO) and have heard some political consultants opine on TV to the same, that if a hard copy letter postmarked from the home district appears at a Congressperson's office, it will get read. [Seems to make sense, if I was working in a office I would probably pay more attention to a hard copy that Im sure came from my district vs what may be a automated push email from a interest group on the other side of the country]

Ive sent emails to Bill Nelson and Bob Graham (when he was Senator) and got the same form type impersonal notes back. Recently Bill Nelson's e-in-box was full on several ocassions and couldnt receive email when there was a critical issue at hand.

My thought was if they read my letter (always kept it 1 page and polite) , a staffer could easily verify that I was a registered voter in their district. Hoepfully they will conclude that If I will take the time to lick a stamp on a letter, that I would also get up at dawn on election day and chauffer people to the polls that will vote their poor performing selfs out office if they dont act in the Nation's interest.

There is no delete button for paper..................
sc4ram
sc4ram

Back to top Go down

Republican Rep. Ginny Brown-Waite is a HOSEHEAD Empty Re: Republican Rep. Ginny Brown-Waite is a HOSEHEAD

Post  MerryL Tue Mar 16, 2010 7:14 pm

I agree about writing a professional and polite letter with address. it gives the sender credibility. inboxes must be overflowing right now.

nancym - that job sounds bogus, like a tactic to gain keywords and lists.

merry

MerryL

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down