Unemployed Florida

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Unemployed Florida
Unemployed Florida
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

General EUC Discussion - Ongoing

+86
nanny
CRFL1015
exotiq
deetann
LOTTIE1
Dixieannjobless
Star
Beaches
atwoodt
lec1234
MerryL
bonza32
technovative
prissy88
Garys1n2
ArleneG
ThatGirl03
studioWI
gknowles
martin59
daytonaman
spd76un
hor2culture
pima54
speedy1383
Sheila
oakensoul
ofantastic
John in Orlando
1Crimson1
LindaLou
nachomama
Chris U.
fred
Jeff
dplboc
missflorida
pyrox
angry
jim stratton
BillTamBay
buccobruce
madisonsnannie
motley
surfer
Marc
lafosl
KellyB
hating politics
Unemployed Mamma
Teresa
brb2007
Michael55
Dino69
cantfindajob
robin28
Cam in FL
hsd
Robyn
scrappy367
SaraJ
JJ in Florida
Robbi314
pebbles
waybol
sharonB
LJ
michelle
GonzoFL
sc4ram
grandmom49
bittybear
Hoppy
riceckr
Judy
Tampa Bay - Anna
sherbetarchitect
MiamiVice
Me From Jax
frustratedinfl
InsuranceMan
nancym
jamfaf
tj21121008
connorsgp
Unemployed In Orlando
90 posters

Page 9 of 37 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 23 ... 37  Next

Go down

General EUC Discussion - Ongoing - Page 9 Empty Re: General EUC Discussion - Ongoing

Post  nancym Fri Dec 04, 2009 5:45 pm

Dino69--

I'm never 100% certain when it comes to individual cases with AWI, but I believe grandmom is correct, you will have to file an application. "Exhausting your claim" means the last week that you had funds in your account and for which you certified, not the date that you were scheduled to claim again. That date is just a default one that comes up as the last claim date even after all funds are gone. It continues to post that same next date for months while waiting for an account update.

The idea behind this application or no application is that they need to legally account for your work history (or lack of it) for any week that they don't have records. They will not have any records of you certifying that you didn't work for the week ending 11/7, so they have to quiz you about it before establishing your new account balance. Seems silly for one week, I know, but that's where they drew the line between those automatically switching to Tier 3 and everybody else.

From what we've heard, applications were supposed to have been sent out today. I wonder if that's the case; if anybody speaks with a rep and can find out for sure, please post here. Meanwhile, check their website from now on to see how fast that online app is going to be available.

Dino, if you can get through on the phones to verify what we've advised here, that would be best. But if you can't or don't have time, just see what comes up in your account or somewhere on their website, hopefully by Monday, that allows you to either apply or not.
nancym
nancym

Back to top Go down

General EUC Discussion - Ongoing - Page 9 Empty Re: General EUC Discussion - Ongoing

Post  michelle Fri Dec 04, 2009 6:15 pm

Well I just got of the phone with AWI and everybody can stop watching the mailboxes for a couple of days. She told me that the eligibility letters would not be sent out until after programming was complete. She also said that they are expecting to have programming complete by early next week, she was not told exactly when. Basically she said start watching fluidnow.com or floridajobs.org (they both will take you to the application) for the application. Not that we aren't doing that already. Maybe finally we can get the ball rolling, I've got my fingers crossed! Smile
michelle
michelle

Back to top Go down

Post  hsd Fri Dec 04, 2009 6:56 pm

Wow! You got through to AWI!!! They are cutting it close, I am borrowing more money from friends, who may not be friends much longer if I keep this up.
hsd
hsd

Back to top Go down

Post  michelle Fri Dec 04, 2009 7:11 pm

I had no choice but get through there was a screw up with my last 3 checks, 2 stimulus and my last EB check. The post office sent them back and it took a month for me to get them sent back out to me. That scares me, with waiting for the new EUCIII. This was money that was already issued to me, and it took that long. I am still missing one for 22.00, seems like a trivial amount, but at this stage of the game I need every penny that I can get.
michelle
michelle

Back to top Go down

Post  nancym Fri Dec 04, 2009 10:12 pm

michelle--Thanks for posting about the mail. Guess it all hinges now on the online app.
nancym
nancym

Back to top Go down

General EUC Discussion - Ongoing - Page 9 Empty I'm Totally Lost

Post  bittybear Sat Dec 05, 2009 3:44 am

Back again.

My husband was one who's benefits ran out in January. He's been filing his tier II for 5 weeks (out of 13 granted in October). This week, he certified for 2 weeks as usual. When I checked our account before withdrawing the usual amount, they had only sent payment for 1 week instead of 2?!?

Straight to the computer we went. We pulled up his account info on AWI's site. They added extra money to his account, but the amount didn't make any sense, and I had to go to work. Of course, when I get home, the system's not available. But from what we can figure, they just cancelled out 4 weeks of his previously awarded balance??? It looks like they gave him the remaining weeks on his tier II (until the week ending December 26), cancelled out the remainder, and then added 13 weeks worth to it. Doesn't make a lick of sense to me. Why would they let him certify for 2 weeks, and then only send payment for 1? And how can they just cancel out a balance on an account? Don't get me wrong; we are thankful that he got anything out of tier III because we were under the impression that he missed it by a week and a half. But I don't understand how they are "programming" this stuff. And I thought there was a 14th week to be added to tier II before tier III was posted?

Any ideas?

Bittybear

bittybear

Back to top Go down

Post  nancym Sat Dec 05, 2009 5:04 am

Bittybear--

That is incredibly most bizarre. The only thing I can think of, and this is just a theory, is that it all has to do with the programming that is currently going on this weekend, as they are trying to get it done and tested so we can all claim next week.

The reason I say this is because a similar bizarre thing happened last spring just before they finished programming for EB. All of a sudden all of our accounts, in a series of changes for different groups of people, showed up with really old information that made no sense at all. We all said "WHAT the...?!" and it occurred to me at that time that what we were seeing was the previous balances from EB accounts that were really old (I had been on EB a short time in 2006, the last time EB was used in Florida, and what I was seeing was my old balance!). So it's conceivable that as they switch everybody over to their last EUC account (switching databases), before they actually update with the current correct amounts of money, we might see some weird looking figures in there. I was told at some point that what the reps see in their screens is not necessarily what we see on ours online, so for the "real" information we can call the reps to verify what information they are showing.

You would think this would not affect your husband's account, but possibly because the 13 weeks changed to 14 weeks they included people like him in their types of accounts to revise, since this new extra week comes from new funding.

As for why they would interrupt full payments, I have no idea, sounds like an error to me. I think they are still open on Saturdays, aren't they? If you can get someone on the phone you could probably clear up the mystery. If not, and if you see the same thing on your screen Saturday, you might just want to wait til Monday to see if it changes.
nancym
nancym

Back to top Go down

General EUC Discussion - Ongoing - Page 9 Empty The Application is Online!

Post  Me From Jax Mon Dec 07, 2009 11:47 am

Me From Jax

Back to top Go down

General EUC Discussion - Ongoing - Page 9 Empty EUC III on line application now available

Post  sc4ram Mon Dec 07, 2009 11:48 am

sc4ram
sc4ram

Back to top Go down

Post  MiamiVice Mon Dec 07, 2009 11:53 am

OMYGOOODDDDDDDDDDD! is that the one we have to use????? but it is so strange
as it feels as they are treating this as a brand new thing starting all over, i am
CONFUSED to the point of going nutso, please someone reply with your thoughts so i
can go ahead and finally get it over with, THANK YOU!!! I love you
MiamiVice
MiamiVice

Back to top Go down

Post  sc4ram Mon Dec 07, 2009 11:56 am

It looks that way to me
sc4ram
sc4ram

Back to top Go down

Post  Dino69 Mon Dec 07, 2009 12:11 pm

what i dont understand is that one of the questions is have you worked in the last 12 months. wierd since most that need this have not

Dino69

Back to top Go down

General EUC Discussion - Ongoing - Page 9 Empty That Application Was Confusing

Post  brb2007 Mon Dec 07, 2009 12:19 pm

I hope that is the right one...... Landlord Is on my back ..... two month behind on rent .... this sux ..
brb2007
brb2007

Back to top Go down

Post  MiamiVice Mon Dec 07, 2009 12:21 pm

i have mine on hold since there is a question there about "Have you established a new monetarily eligible Unemployment Compensation claim within the last 12 months? and this got me all confused as my original claim started way back in APril 2008, so i have the application on hold, don't know what to put whether yes or no,
MiamiVice
MiamiVice

Back to top Go down

Post  riceckr Mon Dec 07, 2009 12:24 pm

WOW says first week to claim is on 12/21, says claim starts on 12/6, I hope that isn't correct because what happened to all that other money in November. I don't want to have to wait until 12/21 to claim for it. I hope they let us catch up after they process our app. Any comments on this?

riceckr

Back to top Go down

Post  Dino69 Mon Dec 07, 2009 12:26 pm

i know i dont understand it either, ofcourse we havnt established a new claim at least i havnt, i just dont get it. i put i didnt because i havnt as far as i know. I have a balance of 0.
yea mine original claim was 3/08

Dino69

Back to top Go down

Post  sc4ram Mon Dec 07, 2009 12:36 pm

MiamiVice wrote:i have mine on hold since there is a question there about "Have you established a new monetarily eligible Unemployment Compensation claim within the last 12 months? and this got me all confused as my original claim started way back in APril 2008, so i have the application on hold, don't know what to put whether yes or no,

I found this confusing as well. Since my claim is not "new", it is a extension , and the only thing I have applied for in the last 12 months is EB (not unemployment compensation UC) , I answered no.

To be sure I would get confirmation from another source.
sc4ram
sc4ram

Back to top Go down

Post  riceckr Mon Dec 07, 2009 12:43 pm

sc4ram wrote:
MiamiVice wrote:i have mine on hold since there is a question there about "Have you established a new monetarily eligible Unemployment Compensation claim within the last 12 months? and this got me all confused as my original claim started way back in APril 2008, so i have the application on hold, don't know what to put whether yes or no,

I found this confusing as well. Since my claim is not "new", it is a extension , and the only thing I have applied for in the last 12 months is EB (not unemployment compensation UC) , I answered no.

To be sure I would get confirmation from another source.

I did the same, I think that question is there to distinguish whether we would start from EUC III (old claim) or regular UC ( a NEW claim).

riceckr

Back to top Go down

Post  scrappy367 Mon Dec 07, 2009 1:02 pm

what is up with this POS form? this is such bullshit, it takes them a month to make some old half ass form? what a joke.

scrappy367

Back to top Go down

Post  Teresa Mon Dec 07, 2009 1:05 pm

Now I wonder how long it will take for them to approve our new applications and actually get some money sent out

Teresa

Back to top Go down

Post  MiamiVice Mon Dec 07, 2009 1:18 pm

Rice!! I just finished mine. I put NO in that question. and it also gave me a claim date to call on 12/22, claim start date 12/6 which is what EVERYONE is getting...now. the BIG QUESTION here is, they have to abide to what they have clearly, and i mean CLEARLY stated, that first payable week would be the week ending 11/14, and this thing of now having to wait to 12/22 is totally against what they originally stated. Also, I wonder if there is this thing of only getting one week first, this should not be, i dunno, i am really distressed and totally out of whack today, haven't been able to even have breakfast yet, my nerves are frazzled like heck, i can see myself today glued to this pc checking everything up and down side to side to see what's going on. I will check my balance after 3 pm to see what it says, i imagine we use our same old PW and info, right????? affraid
MiamiVice
MiamiVice

Back to top Go down

Post  scrappy367 Mon Dec 07, 2009 1:21 pm

can someone please call a contact they are familiar with at awi and see what this is about? if we can first claim on the 21st that doesnt make any sense. first payable week is the week ending nov 14th right? so shouldnt we be paid for those weeks too? can someone please find out? thanks alot!

scrappy367

Back to top Go down

Post  scrappy367 Mon Dec 07, 2009 1:42 pm

i mean all this stuff on the end of the application about waiting week and blah blah blah. you would think in a month they couldve gotten their shit straight, now we are all sitting here more nervous than before because we have to pay bills and depend on these payments and there is nothing we can do to help ourselves because the state moves at a snails pace. i really hope that we will be paid retroactive and my first claim date will be sooner than the 21st.

scrappy367

Back to top Go down

Post  Dino69 Mon Dec 07, 2009 1:46 pm

yep this all gives me headaches daily, i have one now stresing about it, i have 2 weeks to get something or my "wife" is kicking me out, i put it in quotes cause she is heartless. ugh i hope it will be sooner then the week of the 21th

Dino69

Back to top Go down

Post  riceckr Mon Dec 07, 2009 1:50 pm

I spoke to Cassandra just a minute ago and she said yes unfortunately the first week we will able to claim will be 12/21, this should give us the ability to claim all of our back weeks back to when the bill was passed. I did ask as soon as our dollar amount is populated to the new EUC can we try to claim then, she said to try but most likely it will say that we cannot claim until 12/21.

Looks like we were let down again Sad

we have to raise hell with press to get them to change this. It just seems that the state is trying to earn more than a months interest on this federal money.

riceckr

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 37 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 23 ... 37  Next