Unemployed Florida

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Unemployed Florida
Unemployed Florida
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

General EUC Discussion - Ongoing

+86
nanny
CRFL1015
exotiq
deetann
LOTTIE1
Dixieannjobless
Star
Beaches
atwoodt
lec1234
MerryL
bonza32
technovative
prissy88
Garys1n2
ArleneG
ThatGirl03
studioWI
gknowles
martin59
daytonaman
spd76un
hor2culture
pima54
speedy1383
Sheila
oakensoul
ofantastic
John in Orlando
1Crimson1
LindaLou
nachomama
Chris U.
fred
Jeff
dplboc
missflorida
pyrox
angry
jim stratton
BillTamBay
buccobruce
madisonsnannie
motley
surfer
Marc
lafosl
KellyB
hating politics
Unemployed Mamma
Teresa
brb2007
Michael55
Dino69
cantfindajob
robin28
Cam in FL
hsd
Robyn
scrappy367
SaraJ
JJ in Florida
Robbi314
pebbles
waybol
sharonB
LJ
michelle
GonzoFL
sc4ram
grandmom49
bittybear
Hoppy
riceckr
Judy
Tampa Bay - Anna
sherbetarchitect
MiamiVice
Me From Jax
frustratedinfl
InsuranceMan
nancym
jamfaf
tj21121008
connorsgp
Unemployed In Orlando
90 posters

Page 23 of 37 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 30 ... 37  Next

Go down

General EUC Discussion - Ongoing - Page 23 Empty Re: General EUC Discussion - Ongoing

Post  robin28 Mon Dec 14, 2009 3:10 pm

Now the website says it is unavailble due to processing payments. Hopefully that will mean money for those of us waiting.

robin28

Back to top Go down

General EUC Discussion - Ongoing - Page 23 Empty Claim Paid

Post  Marc Mon Dec 14, 2009 4:01 pm

I claimed 4 weeks on Friday, 12-11. Thanks to Cassandra for making that possible. This afternoon my AWI account shows a check for 4 weeks plus a stimulus check for 4 weeks was paid today. Very Happy My account balance was reduced by 3 weeks. So, 1 week must have been the additional Tier II week and the others Tier III. My next day to claim is Tuesday, 12-22. It only took 5 weeks...Rolling Eyes

I expect this DD to be available in my bank account Wednesday.

I would urge others to call Melody or Cassandra if your account has not been updated to be current this afternoon.

Marc

Marc

Back to top Go down

General EUC Discussion - Ongoing - Page 23 Empty Re: General EUC Discussion - Ongoing

Post  robin28 Mon Dec 14, 2009 4:03 pm

I take back what I said earlier! My account just updated to show a 4 week payment issued today. Looks like Miracles DO happen!

robin28

Back to top Go down

Post  michelle Mon Dec 14, 2009 4:09 pm

I have a question about DD. I have always recieved a check, but when I filed online monday I changed it to DD. when I checked my account today it said that a check had been issued for blah,blah. does that mean that they still issued me a check?
michelle
michelle

Back to top Go down

Post  GonzoFL Mon Dec 14, 2009 4:19 pm

Michelle,

Whether you get your check in the mail or through direct deposit,the web site always uses the term check(s) issued. Being this is your first time using DD,it may take a few weeks to set up the account with your bank. I haven't always had DD either,and when I switched from checks to DD it took between 3 and 4 weeks to get it all set up. So it is possible for the money you are about to receive to actually come to you via the U S mail in check form. If DD doesn't happen this time,it should by your next claim.
GonzoFL
GonzoFL

Back to top Go down

Post  michelle Mon Dec 14, 2009 4:24 pm

GonzoFL wrote:Michelle,

Whether you get your check in the mail or through direct deposit,the web site always uses the term check(s) issued. Being this is your first time using DD,it may take a few weeks to set up the account with your bank. I haven't always had DD either,and when I switched from checks to DD it took between 3 and 4 weeks to get it all set up. So it is possible for the money you are about to receive to actually come to you via the U S mail in check form. If DD doesn't happen this time,it should by your next claim.

thank- you. just wanting to know WHERE to look for my money!
michelle
michelle

Back to top Go down

Post  nancym Mon Dec 14, 2009 5:16 pm

sharonB wrote:...My power will shut off tomorrow along with my car insurance and internet by the end of the week.

I give up! My world is falling apart and there's nothing I can do. No Christmas for I do not see a check even by then. I have done nothing wrong to deserve this. This will more than likely be my last post because after today, I won't have power...

That's horrible! I was in the same situation last spring with FPL here, but I managed to just squeak by with a payment after more than one extension. I know this is probably a dumb question, but did you already talk with the power company til you're blue in the face about extending your deadline? Sometimes it takes just talking to the right person who will listen, or talking to a person one step higher than the first one.

These utility companies are the worst, and some of them we can't even pay with credit it has to be right out of our bank account unless there's a big fee. If you're over a certain age (I think it's 60, or a senior) you can get extra leeway in paying your bill.
nancym
nancym

Back to top Go down

Post  grandmom49 Mon Dec 14, 2009 7:31 pm

Well, my neighbor got 2 checks today. 1 for the balance that was in her account for the 14th tier 2 week and 1 for 3 wks of tier 3. She has not gotten the $100. stimulus for the 4 wks but it probably was sent wrong by the P.O. Looks like she should be able to claim again tomorrow when I claim as well.

grandmom49

Back to top Go down

Post  grandmom49 Mon Dec 14, 2009 7:36 pm

Sharon,
There is a federal program that helps with power bills, In Volusia it is administered by the Family Assistance Program but a call to your County Clerk's office should tell you who administers it in your county if you don't live in Volusia. I think it is called HEAP (Home Energy Assistance Program) If you present them with a final disconnect notice and proof that you have had no income, they contact FPL and arrange for your electric to be left on until they send a check. If you don't make it before you are disconnected they arrange for the reconnect, pay the arrears and you can pay FPL the reconnect charge if it is charged on your next bill. Good Luck

grandmom49

Back to top Go down

General EUC Discussion - Ongoing - Page 23 Empty YAY!

Post  missflorida Mon Dec 14, 2009 7:46 pm

I received my determination letter and two checks today by mail. The system said my checks were mailed Friday but I think it was sent out Thursday when I claimed weeks. So, the same day you claim weeks it does process your payment, same as before.

missflorida

Back to top Go down

Post  robin28 Mon Dec 14, 2009 7:55 pm

Question for those getting checks in the mail-do you have DD or did you ask for paper checks?

robin28

Back to top Go down

Post  Robbi314 Mon Dec 14, 2009 8:01 pm

I posted this earlier. Did anyone else have this happen? My account said 4 weeks were paid. My DD was in 3 separate deposits. 1) 4 weeks stimulus payment 2) 2 weeks regular payment and 3) 1 week plus $10. So basically I got 3weeks plus $10 and my account says 4 weeks, I claimed 4 weeks and my balance reflects 3 weeks paid. Anyone ????

Robbi314

Back to top Go down

Post  nachomama Mon Dec 14, 2009 8:14 pm

Robbi314 wrote:I posted this earlier. Did anyone else have this happen? My account said 4 weeks were paid. My DD was in 3 separate deposits. 1) 4 weeks stimulus payment 2) 2 weeks regular payment and 3) 1 week plus $10. So basically I got 3weeks plus $10 and my account says 4 weeks, I claimed 4 weeks and my balance reflects 3 weeks paid. Anyone ????

Kind of the sane thing here.. but I got mine in the mail.. Stimulus payment was 6.00 short and even though it said 4 weeks the check is only for 3 (according to my balance) The over the phone claim info says that a check for 689.00 was sent yet that is NOT what I received..
I wish I knew what the heck is going on ..
nachomama
nachomama

Back to top Go down

Post  Robbi314 Mon Dec 14, 2009 8:19 pm

Ok, thanks for the info. I'm going to see if I can get hold of Cassandra tomorrow to see what the deal is. I spoke to someone today who told me that the 4th "week" was actually the extra $10 included in the third week payment. Wierd.

Last edited by Robbi314 on Mon Dec 14, 2009 8:21 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : I can't type orth a crap)

Robbi314

Back to top Go down

Post  sherbetarchitect Mon Dec 14, 2009 10:00 pm

Applied Tuesday morning. Claimed the four retro weeks Friday. As of 8 p.m. Monday the 14th, site still says no checks have been issued. Call Cassandra or no? I've read all the posts and I noticed there were people that got paid even if it didn't say checks issued. Anyone have some advice??

sherbetarchitect

Back to top Go down

Post  missflorida Mon Dec 14, 2009 11:05 pm

robin28 wrote:Question for those getting checks in the mail-do you have DD or did you ask for paper checks?

I requested a paper check when I filed Monday, claimed weeks on Thursday and received my check today. I talked to a rep and changed to DD today. She said it will take 8-10 days to change since I changed bank accounts.

missflorida

Back to top Go down

Post  sharonB Tue Dec 15, 2009 12:59 am

nancym wrote:[quote="sharonB
That's horrible! I was in the same situation last spring with FPL here, but I managed to just squeak by with a payment after more than one extension. I know this is probably a dumb question, but did you already talk with the power company til you're blue in the face about extending your deadline? Sometimes it takes just talking to the right person who will listen, or talking to a person one step higher than the first one.

These utility companies are the worst, and some of them we can't even pay with credit it has to be right out of our bank account unless there's a big fee. If you're over a certain age (I think it's 60, or a senior) you can get extra leeway in paying your bill.

I appreciate all your concerns because I am also concerened about the folks here too. This is a very tight group and I"M proud to be a part of it. I squeaked through with the FPL last month. They gave me until the 15th. I never thought I would not even be able to claim never mind get nothing.

I called Cassandra a third time today and she answered. She got into my account and found that it was messed up from what she did on Friday. She even had to put me on hold and makes phone calls to get something rolling! All I can do is wait for my $37 plus the $25 stimulus. That $37 is supposed to my left over balance from tier II. (WTFt?) Cassandra is hoping I'll get it this week. $62 will not cut the cake and I can't claim unitl I get it. I am now pushed up a week. Meaning, instead of being able to start Nov 14th, I now must start Nov. 21st. because she had to use the week ending the 14th to get me that $37 balance. I am a week behind everyone else due to AWI screwing with my life/account. To many fingers in the Pot and no one knowing what the other guy is doing!!!

I am going to write a letter to the Gov and the State Rep. before I lose my electricity. If I can't get my large check I won't have power, internet, phone, or car insurance, all gone in time for Christmas.

I have been out of money since Sept. and have been to all the food banks and churches. They can't support me anymore, I"m afraid. I'm a single Mom. Thank God my daughter is old enough to understand.

It's 10:30pm Monday night. I'm not sure when the power will go off tomorrow, but it will. I DO want to Thank everyone here. This site has been an extreme help. I would be even more buried if not for this place. Merry Christmas and God Bless everyone!

santa
sharonB
sharonB

Back to top Go down

Post  grandmom49 Tue Dec 15, 2009 1:50 am

I am going to write a letter to the Gov and the State Rep. before I lose my electricity. If I can't get my large check I won't have power, internet, phone, or car insurance, all gone in time for Christmas.

I have been out of money since Sept. and have been to all the food banks and churches. They can't support me anymore, I"m afraid. I'm a single Mom. Thank God my daughter is old enough to understand.

It's 10:30pm Monday night. I'm not sure when the power will go off tomorrow, but it will. I DO want to Thank everyone here. This site has been an extreme help. I would be even more buried if not for this place. Merry Christmas and God Bless everyone!

santa[/quote]
Sharon, Your county has federal and other funds to help.

http://charlottecountyfl.com/HumanServices/SocialServices/

LIHEAP
The Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program is a federally funded Block Grant provided through the Florida Department of Community Affairs which provides a one time per year home energy assistance grant to low income households for the purpose of heating or cooling their homes. The program can also assist with emergency home energy assistance under certain situations and contingent on the availability of funds. The grant is paid directly to the consumer’s energy/utility company such as Florida Power & Light, Amerigas, etc. Households may also be referred to the Weatherization program serving Charlotte County who may assist with energy conservation.
HEARTSHIP
This is a community participation program offered by Charlotte County Utilities in partnership with the Board of County Commissioners and the Department of Human Services. This program provides assistance to qualifying customers who have an URGENT NOTICE or had their water service interrupted due to a family or personal crisis
SELF-SUFFICIENCY
Assistance may be available for economically eligible households which are facing a crisis that threatens their self-sufficiency. This program may be able to assist with rent, mortgage, vehicle repairs or other needs in order to stabilize the household.

Additional American Recovery and Reinvestment Act (ARRA) funds focus on assisting individuals in attaining, supporting and sustaining economic growth through employment opportunities. Outcomes include improved living conditions through eligible clients receiving educational certificates, enrolling children in before and after school programs, and increasing education and training opportunities.

These programs are operated in conjunction with other community resources in order to assist households in their stabilization goals. The programs are funded, in part, with federal funds provided through the Community Services Block Grant and with the Florida Department of Community Affairs.

grandmom49

Back to top Go down

Post  Judy Tue Dec 15, 2009 6:13 am

sherbetarchitect wrote:Applied Tuesday morning. Claimed the four retro weeks Friday. As of 8 p.m. Monday the 14th, site still says no checks have been issued. Call Cassandra or no? I've read all the posts and I noticed there were people that got paid even if it didn't say checks issued. Anyone have some advice??

Cassandra told me that it may take 48 hours to process instead of the normal 24 because of all the processing being done with new apps. Also, depends on time of day you claim. If before noon, usually processes that day, if after noon, doesn't process until noon the next business day.

Hope this helps!

Judy

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeff Tue Dec 15, 2009 11:10 am

Hey Motley. Were you able to find resolution to your T2-T3 transition?

Jeff

Back to top Go down

General EUC Discussion - Ongoing - Page 23 Empty Benefit Wiki

Post  nancym Tue Dec 15, 2009 1:58 pm

For those down to their last dollars or those who can anticipate they'll be at that point in the coming weeks or months, don't forget the resources listed in the Benefit Wiki in Open Congress:

http://www.opencongress.org/wiki/Project:Benefit_Wiki

A "wiki" is just a collection of information done by a group on a topic of interest to the group. So some of us on Open Congress have listed "survival links" on that page. These are various government and charity agencies and programs to help with aid when you need it. Many of them depend on funding at the time you apply, some have waiting periods, some have eligibility requirements. But you might be surprised at some of the resources there, and what different agencies, such as GoodWill and the Salvation Army are now doing. Some of the money from the stimulus is just now (as of this fall) trickling down in grants to some organizations, and others are purely funded by charity.

Please check it out, and if you know of a national source of help and the link is not there, send me a PM with the link and I can add it. If it's just for the state of Florida, you can post it here in the threads we already have for help from agencies, etc. You can also post in the Benefit Wiki in the state sections only (see map links there) if you are signed in as a member of Open Congress.
nancym
nancym

Back to top Go down

General EUC Discussion - Ongoing - Page 23 Empty Need some help

Post  Chris U. Tue Dec 15, 2009 2:21 pm

I called at 8am today and left my info for Cassandra to call me back. I still havn't heard from her yet so I tried to call again and got a recording saying that the extention I called was not a working extenion x # 1493.. Anyone having this problem please let me know ..

Chris U.

Back to top Go down

Post  robin28 Tue Dec 15, 2009 3:30 pm

Chris U. wrote:I called at 8am today and left my info for Cassandra to call me back. I still havn't heard from her yet so I tried to call again and got a recording saying that the extention I called was not a working extenion x # 1493.. Anyone having this problem please let me know ..

There was a post about this last week. If you get that recording it means all of her lines are busy. So to wait a bit and call back might be your best bet.

robin28

Back to top Go down

Post  Chris U. Tue Dec 15, 2009 3:44 pm

robin28 wrote:
Chris U. wrote:I called at 8am today and left my info for Cassandra to call me back. I still havn't heard from her yet so I tried to call again and got a recording saying that the extention I called was not a working extenion x # 1493.. Anyone having this problem please let me know ..

There was a post about this last week. If you get that recording it means all of her lines are busy. So to wait a bit and call back might be your best bet.

Thanks Robin, I just hate this waiting. Knowing that the money is there and I cant sign is so furstrating..
I have tried to call back several times. So now I tried Melony's extention and left a message.. Just hopeing I get a call today..

Chris U.

Back to top Go down

Post  MiamiVice Wed Dec 16, 2009 4:43 pm

JUST IN!!! from Congress,,,Passed the defense bill together with the unemployment short term extension......

Seems like good news for all of us and for the extension of the 25.00 and the six extra weeks for us, right>??? Question
MiamiVice
MiamiVice

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 23 of 37 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 30 ... 37  Next