Unemployed Florida

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Unemployed Florida
Unemployed Florida
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

General EUC Discussion - Ongoing

+86
nanny
CRFL1015
exotiq
deetann
LOTTIE1
Dixieannjobless
Star
Beaches
atwoodt
lec1234
MerryL
bonza32
technovative
prissy88
Garys1n2
ArleneG
ThatGirl03
studioWI
gknowles
martin59
daytonaman
spd76un
hor2culture
pima54
speedy1383
Sheila
oakensoul
ofantastic
John in Orlando
1Crimson1
LindaLou
nachomama
Chris U.
fred
Jeff
dplboc
missflorida
pyrox
angry
jim stratton
BillTamBay
buccobruce
madisonsnannie
motley
surfer
Marc
lafosl
KellyB
hating politics
Unemployed Mamma
Teresa
brb2007
Michael55
Dino69
cantfindajob
robin28
Cam in FL
hsd
Robyn
scrappy367
SaraJ
JJ in Florida
Robbi314
pebbles
waybol
sharonB
LJ
michelle
GonzoFL
sc4ram
grandmom49
bittybear
Hoppy
riceckr
Judy
Tampa Bay - Anna
sherbetarchitect
MiamiVice
Me From Jax
frustratedinfl
InsuranceMan
nancym
jamfaf
tj21121008
connorsgp
Unemployed In Orlando
90 posters

Page 30 of 37 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 33 ... 37  Next

Go down

General EUC Discussion - Ongoing - Page 30 Empty Re: General EUC Discussion - Ongoing

Post  GonzoFL Mon Mar 01, 2010 10:04 am

The clowns in Tallahassee tried that drug test bill last year as well. I don't give a shit, test me for drugs. I 'm surprised that the bill doesn't include the phrasing that since the unemployed have so much time on their hands,they will have ample opportunity to study for the test. lol!
GonzoFL
GonzoFL

Back to top Go down

General EUC Discussion - Ongoing - Page 30 Empty Drug Testing

Post  daytonaman Mon Mar 01, 2010 10:18 am

GonzoFL wrote:The clowns in Tallahassee tried that drug test bill last year as well. I don't give a shit, test me for drugs. I 'm surprised that the bill doesn't include the phrasing that since the unemployed have so much time on their hands,they will have ample opportunity to study for the test. lol!

I agree, They can test me all they want, nothing to find, a waste of time & money. I posted it for anyone who might be using, But with Florida's less than minimum wage MAX benefit, who the hell could afford it anyway Suspect
daytonaman
daytonaman

Back to top Go down

General EUC Discussion - Ongoing - Page 30 Empty And, Of Course . . .

Post  Michael55 Mon Mar 01, 2010 5:59 pm

As everyone knows, people without jobs have so much extra disposable income with which to purchase "drugs" . . .
Michael55
Michael55

Back to top Go down

General EUC Discussion - Ongoing - Page 30 Empty Re: General EUC Discussion - Ongoing

Post  nancym Tue Mar 02, 2010 6:28 pm

That jackass tried that trick last year as well, was my biggest peeve with the state legislature. But he couldn't even get it out of committee, thank god. I was even secretly hoping it would pass in a sense, just so I could stage a protest for seniors and make a big public stink about it.

The back story on that idiot is that he owns one or more of the workforce buildings over in that area, and of course, who would benefit from setting up a new program that requires all UI applicants to trudge down there and go through random testing in his facilities--DUH.

Just one more example of just HOW corrupt our legislature is. And also how important the referendum for redistricting is that will eventually stop these guaranteed slots for Republicans (or Democrats later on) to be created and continued through gerrymandering. So watch for that place on your ballot next fall, and be sure to vote for it to get rid of fools like this one!
nancym
nancym

Back to top Go down

General EUC Discussion - Ongoing - Page 30 Empty New Florida legislation today!

Post  nancym Tue Mar 02, 2010 8:13 pm

Anyone reading here, make sure you jump over to the "Senate bills...etc." section of this forum for the latest news on a new bill that just passed in Florida for EB--it only helps certain people, but if you're one of those who lost weeks from EB that were subtracted from EB, or maybe if you never got EB to begin with, this might be very important to you!
nancym
nancym

Back to top Go down

General EUC Discussion - Ongoing - Page 30 Empty Latest EB News

Post  gknowles Tue Mar 02, 2010 8:21 pm

Thank you Nancy. I was just there. I'm the one who is missing out on Tier 1 by a week. My state money ran out Feb 28 instead of Feb 20th. From what I read- maybe I could get these state EBs. My nerves are shot and I'm not sure of what I read these days. If you have a chance to answer - do you think I would be one the lucky ones to get this EB? I guess I should call one of the contacts tomorrow as well....P.S. You are my lifeline....I'm not exactly the Rock of Gilbralter sometimes.

gknowles

Back to top Go down

General EUC Discussion - Ongoing - Page 30 Empty New Florida law

Post  nancym Tue Mar 02, 2010 10:26 pm

I just scanned, or tried to scan, the new Florida law, which if you want you can read for yourself here:

http://www.flsenate.gov/data/session/2010/House/bills/billtext/pdf/h703302er.pdf

The wording in it is so absolutely quirky in regard to dates and eligibility that I really need an attorney's interpretation to know for sure, but I think a number of people on this board could benefit from this. As far as I can tell, anyone who can establish eligibility for EB for the weeks from Feb 22, 2009 up until Feb 27, 2010 can receive EB benefits (unless you've already received your 20 weeks prior to this).

From what I can gather, this would include (this is NOT official!):

1) Anyone who has exhausted their regular benefits AND Tier 4 already and has not received any EB benefits.

2) Anyone who had their EB benefits cut short and subtracted from there Tier 3 benefits (I think)

3) Anyone who has exhausted their regular benefits and missed the deadline to be eligible for Tier 1 (I think)--This is where it gets tricky. If Congress enacts that deadline extension right away, and someone qualifies for EB (like you, gknowles!), before being enrolled in Tier 1, then the state will have to refer back to those rules and guidelines the DOL put out last fall to deal with people who had already started EB.

The most one could get from this new law (I think) would be 8 weeks (yes, we're talking retroactive here, since the dates have passed), but I'm not quite certain about that. And if Congress extends the 100% funding for EB again, along with the EUC extension, then the state would be foolish not to take advantage of that with new legislation, since they are borrowing billions already to keep the fund afloat! So in theory, and depending on what Congress does and when, it might even be possible for someone to start on EB and continue for all their 20 weeks and then go to their next tier, OR get EB for the 8 weeks or whatever weeks were not covered by other tiers or regular benefits, and be switched over to EUC tiers again.

This sounds like an absolute procedural nightmare to me, with the unemployed individuals that it affects caught in between the actions of Congress and the actions of the state. In this case I kinda feel sorry for the state and even AWI itself, trying to plan on what Congress is doing, or not!

Anyone who thinks they might qualify, if I were you, I would wait for some kind of signal from the AWI website or at least a few days from when the governor signs the bill before you try calling AWI. They will have no idea what you are talking about until their management filters that info down to all the reps and they can even think about getting it straight in their system. But there is hope for some of you with the new EB provision. And only AWI can tell you (when they get it all straightened out) what is possible in individual cases; I know I sure can't!
nancym
nancym

Back to top Go down

General EUC Discussion - Ongoing - Page 30 Empty Thank you

Post  gknowles Tue Mar 02, 2010 11:36 pm

Yes, I read it the way you do. And, I agree it will take a few days for that info to trickle down. Not an easy job for the front lines at unemployment. They just passed the 30 day extension and it moves on now. I will move over to the other thread. At least some relief news, I hope, for me tonight and will keep emailing and writing when needed for all of us. Oh Bunning is educating me some more on CSPAN catch you guys later.

gknowles

Back to top Go down

Post  scrappy367 Wed Mar 03, 2010 12:31 pm

I have a question for you all....

I was on Tier 4 and my benefit ran out on Feb 16th. Will I be eligible for this extension or no? Thanks.

scrappy367

Back to top Go down

Post  sharonB Wed Mar 03, 2010 3:04 pm

If they drug test the unemployed..... they better drug test the welfare cash recipients! Don't they know that each job drug tests too? They are dazed and confused about paying for this now, never mind adding on a drug test for millions. I can't afford my prescription drugs never mind the illegal ones! LOL

Now, I'm just starting my Tier IV. Did any new law pass to extend unemployment past this tier?

I am off to read...
sharonB
sharonB

Back to top Go down

Post  speedy1383 Wed Mar 03, 2010 8:33 pm

I am wondering the same thing scrappy. I am in the same exact boat you are in. From what I read into this, I think we will get 8 extra weeks. That is what I read into it. But I could be wrong.

speedy1383

Back to top Go down

Post  nancym Wed Mar 03, 2010 9:04 pm

scrappy and speedy --haha! Are you twins? lol!

Did either of you already get the previous maximum weeks of EB before all this? (You'd know EB by the requirement to submit detailed job search records either online or in the mail.) If so, no, you've already used up your EB from the state of Florida. But if you never got EB, you definitely qualify, I think for at least 2 weeks to cover from when you finished your Tier 4 til the cutoff for this new bill. Then again, look to see if Florida will give another extension of that in response to when the feds renew their commitment to the states for 100% EB funding. (See my other post under the "Senate bills..." section for the explanation.)

However, if you're one of those who was on EB last fall and who had between 1-8 weeks subtracted from your Tier 3, causing you to exhaust all benefits earlier than expected, I'm not sure exactly whether you'd qualify to get those back or not. Have to wait for AWI to get that clarification.
nancym
nancym

Back to top Go down

Post  scrappy367 Thu Mar 04, 2010 3:24 am

Haha, we are not twins, and if we are, I am not aware of it. I just finished my tier 4 on Feb 16th. For the 3rd and 4th tiers I never filled out any job search info when I claimed my weeks online as it didnt require it. I guess at this point, if I get an extension cool, if not what can I do you know. Hopefully this economy will turn around soon but who knows.

scrappy367

Back to top Go down

Post  Unemployed In Orlando Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:49 pm

In a EUC tier and had issues getting information from AWI? Im sure you have or you wouldnt be here Wink

Jim Stratton from the Orlando Sentinel would like people who have a story of their headaches and heartaches to contact him with their situation, you may reach Jim below, thanks!!

Jim Stratton
Orlando Sentinel
407-420-5379 (office)
jstratton@orlandosentinel.com
Unemployed In Orlando
Unemployed In Orlando
Admin

https://unemployed-florida.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  lafosl Fri Mar 05, 2010 3:28 pm

Read this on AWI website this afternoon:
UNEMPLOYMENT COMPENSATION HOT TOPICS

March 4, 2010
President Signs Eligibility Extension for EUC; Governor Signs Legislation for Additional EB

EUC
This week President Obama signed a law adding a one-month extension to the last date to establish eligibility for federal Emergency Unemployment Compensation (EUC).
Tier I: Under this new law, unemployed workers currently receiving benefits from their regular state claims now have until March 27, 2010 to exhaust their state benefits and establish eligibility for EUC Tier I, which provides up to an additional 20 weeks of benefits.
Tiers II and III: Unemployed workers currently receiving benefits on EUC Tiers I, II, or III can now qualify for the next level of benefits if their current tier is exhausted by April 3, 2010. EUC Tier II provides up to 14 weeks of benefits and Tier III provides up to 13 weeks of additional benefits.
Tier IV: Those who exhaust Tier III benefits by April 3, 2010 can establish eligibility for Tier IV benefits, which provides up to 6 additional weeks of benefits.
The new law did not create any additional tiers of benefits.
Unemployed workers who exhausted all benefits (regular state benefits, EUC Tiers I, II, and Extended Benefits (EB) prior to November , 2009 need to apply for EUC Tier III.
Those who will exhaust EUC Tiers I, II, and III between November 1 and March 27, 2010 will be automatically enrolled in the next level of benefits.
EB
This week Governor Crist signed a law that extended Florida’s Extended Benefits (EB) program until February 27, 2010 for certain eligible unemployed workers who had exhausted all state and EUC benefits.
The agency is notifying potentially eligible Floridians by mail. This includes those who received EB prior to November 8, 2009 but still have EB available on their claims after exhausting EUC Tiers III and IV.
Payments for up to eight weeks will be made retroactively.
Those who believe they may be eligible for EB may apply online beginning March 9, 2010 at www.floridajobs.org or by mail or fax using the application they will receive from the agency.

lafosl

Back to top Go down

General EUC Discussion - Ongoing - Page 30 Empty Thanks lafos

Post  Sheila Sun Mar 07, 2010 2:36 pm

lafosl wrote:Read this on AWI website this afternoon:

March 4, 2010
President Signs Eligibility Extension for EUC; Governor Signs Legislation for Additional EB

EUC
This week President Obama signed a law adding a one-month extension to the last date to establish eligibility for federal Emergency Unemployment Compensation (EUC).
Tier I: Under this new law, unemployed workers currently receiving benefits from their regular state claims now have until March 27, 2010 to exhaust their state benefits and establish eligibility for EUC Tier I, which provides up to an additional 20 weeks of benefits.
Tiers II and III: Unemployed workers currently receiving benefits on EUC Tiers I, II, or III can now qualify for the next level of benefits if their current tier is exhausted by April 3, 2010. EUC Tier II provides up to 14 weeks of benefits and Tier III provides up to 13 weeks of additional benefits.
Tier IV: Those who exhaust Tier III benefits by April 3, 2010 can establish eligibility for Tier IV benefits, which provides up to 6 additional weeks of benefits.
Unemployed workers who exhausted all benefits (regular state benefits, EUC Tiers I, II, and Extended Benefits (EB) prior to November , 2009 need to apply for EUC Tier III.
Those who will exhaust EUC Tiers I, II, and III between November 1 and March 27, 2010 will be automatically enrolled in the next level of benefits.
EB
This week Governor Crist signed a law that extended Florida’s Extended Benefits (EB) program until February 27, 2010 for certain eligible unemployed workers who had exhausted all state and EUC benefits.
The agency is notifying potentially eligible Floridians by mail. This includes those who received EB prior to November 8, 2009 but still have EB available on their claims after exhausting EUC Tiers III and IV.
Those who believe they may be eligible for EB may apply online beginning March 9, 2010 at www.floridajobs.org or by mail or fax using the application they will receive from the agency.

Thanks for the info lafos. So according to this, since my tier IV is ending on March 15, I can apply for the 8 weeks of EB that I originally lost? Well, I guess I can call and find out. Thanks again for the info.....

Sheila

Back to top Go down

Post  lafosl Sun Mar 07, 2010 3:20 pm

Sheila wrote:
lafosl wrote:Read this on AWI website this afternoon:

March 4, 2010

EUC
EB

Thanks for the info lafos. So according to this, since my tier IV is ending on March 15, I can apply for the 8 weeks of EB that I originally lost? Well, I guess I can call and find out. Thanks again for the info.....
I fall into the same category as you.... I hope we are right on this.... I am hoping for an extension on benefits!!! I never thought I would be without a job for a year and a 2 months!!!!! It is scary to wonder how I will provide for me and my daughter!! Good luck to you!

lafosl

Back to top Go down

Post  scrappy367 Tue Mar 09, 2010 2:50 am

I dont know what is going on, I ran out of tier IV last month, and I know i didnt receive full benefits of tiers, so I reapplied yesterday online. Guess I will just wait and see what their response is..

scrappy367

Back to top Go down

Post  Sheila Tue Mar 09, 2010 1:34 pm

lafosl wrote: I fall into the same category as you.... I hope we are right on this.... I am hoping for an extension on benefits!!! I never thought I would be without a job for a year and a 2 months!!!!! It is scary to wonder how I will provide for me and my daughter!! Good luck to you!

Thank you--good luck to you too!!!! I guess I will apply for EB after March 15th and see what happens. There are no jobs in Ocala FL, it's terrible here, and all the foreclosures, just sad.

Sheila

Back to top Go down

Post  Unemployed In Orlando Tue Mar 09, 2010 2:13 pm

Just a heads up for anyone else who might have only been on Tier 3 still. Yesterday last 2 weeks claimed and then Tier 4 shows credits today for the 6 weeks. Most people have exhausted Tier 4 but this is good news for anyone who hadnt yet got to Tier 4 and was worried about when the credits would show since the temp extension had been passed which extended EUC eligibility. cheers
Unemployed In Orlando
Unemployed In Orlando
Admin

https://unemployed-florida.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  connorsgp Wed Mar 10, 2010 11:48 am

claimed my weeks yesterday..I'm on tier2..everything was normal; however, when I checked my claim this morning much to my surprize I found my account had 700 more than it should have and no indication that a dd had been issued for my claim...something new here, anyone else experience this?

connorsgp

Back to top Go down

Post  speedy1383 Thu Mar 11, 2010 4:45 pm

scrappy367 wrote:I dont know what is going on, I ran out of tier IV last month, and I know i didnt receive full benefits of tiers, so I reapplied yesterday online. Guess I will just wait and see what their response is..

Since I am in the same boat as you, how did you reapply? I did try to file a claim for extended benefits and it didn't let me. Did you just click on file a claim? I was thinking about just waiting for something in the mail, but if there was something I could do now it would be better.

speedy1383

Back to top Go down

General EUC Discussion - Ongoing - Page 30 Empty Filing for EB

Post  daytonaman Thu Mar 11, 2010 6:09 pm

speedy1383 wrote:
scrappy367 wrote:I dont know what is going on, I ran out of tier IV last month, and I know i didnt receive full benefits of tiers, so I reapplied yesterday online. Guess I will just wait and see what their response is..

Since I am in the same boat as you, how did you reapply? I did try to file a claim for extended benefits and it didn't let me. Did you just click on file a claim? I was thinking about just waiting for something in the mail, but if there was something I could do now it would be better.

My tier IV expired March 1, I applied for the 8 week EB and it let me go through the process, click here: https://www2.myflorida.com/fluid/eb_default.asp
daytonaman
daytonaman

Back to top Go down

Post  speedy1383 Thu Mar 11, 2010 6:58 pm

Thanks. I did that. It was a different screen than earlier in the week. I have a feeling that I won't get anything. That's fine. I didn't expect anything anyway.

speedy1383

Back to top Go down

General EUC Discussion - Ongoing - Page 30 Empty TIER V Petition

Post  SaraJ Sat Mar 13, 2010 9:30 pm

Hi Everyone, Here's a link to a tier 5 petition that's gaining in strength. Click the link to join in. It can only help our cause!

http://www.change.org/actions/view/the_99ers_need_a_tier_v_added_to_unemployment_benefits

SaraJ

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 30 of 37 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 33 ... 37  Next