Unemployed Florida

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Unemployed Florida
Unemployed Florida
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

General EUC Discussion - Ongoing

+86
nanny
CRFL1015
exotiq
deetann
LOTTIE1
Dixieannjobless
Star
Beaches
atwoodt
lec1234
MerryL
bonza32
technovative
prissy88
Garys1n2
ArleneG
ThatGirl03
studioWI
gknowles
martin59
daytonaman
spd76un
hor2culture
pima54
speedy1383
Sheila
oakensoul
ofantastic
John in Orlando
1Crimson1
LindaLou
nachomama
Chris U.
fred
Jeff
dplboc
missflorida
pyrox
angry
jim stratton
BillTamBay
buccobruce
madisonsnannie
motley
surfer
Marc
lafosl
KellyB
hating politics
Unemployed Mamma
Teresa
brb2007
Michael55
Dino69
cantfindajob
robin28
Cam in FL
hsd
Robyn
scrappy367
SaraJ
JJ in Florida
Robbi314
pebbles
waybol
sharonB
LJ
michelle
GonzoFL
sc4ram
grandmom49
bittybear
Hoppy
riceckr
Judy
Tampa Bay - Anna
sherbetarchitect
MiamiVice
Me From Jax
frustratedinfl
InsuranceMan
nancym
jamfaf
tj21121008
connorsgp
Unemployed In Orlando
90 posters

Page 16 of 37 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 26 ... 37  Next

Go down

General EUC Discussion - Ongoing - Page 16 Empty Re: General EUC Discussion - Ongoing

Post  lafosl Wed Dec 09, 2009 8:45 pm

I did just get off the phone with Cassandra, one of the contacts that was posted on this site. I informed her that I was told to reapply even though my benefits ended on Nov. 23, 2009. I was under the impression that since my benefits exhausted inbetween the deadline of Nov. 1st and Dec. 26th i would not have to reapply, but she confirmed that I did need to reapply. While I was on the phone with her I told her that I went ahead and reapplied yesterday just because two people told me to do so. She said that was the right thing to do, (even though we are told on the website that we did not have to) she could not explain the confusion on that matter but she did look my application I did online and she told me that she sent it through and I should be updated maybe tomorrow or at the latest Friday. So.... to anyone thinking that their benefits are going to roll into tier 3 because you exhausted between the deadline of Nov. 1st and Dec. 26th, I would talk to someone because that was NOT the case for me. I do not understand this system they are going by, I don't ev en think they have a system. But Cassandra was extra helpful and she told me to call her back if my account was not updated by Friday morning so I encourage as others are saying on this site to call her!! She is great and I told her how she was being complimented by so many people and she was very appreciative!!

Just wanted to let others know if they are in the same situation as me, because I think they are misleading us with their information about automatically rolling over into tier 3.

lafosl

Back to top Go down

General EUC Discussion - Ongoing - Page 16 Empty claimed last 2 weeeks of obama first extension

Post  pyrox Wed Dec 09, 2009 9:17 pm

i claimed my last 2 weeeks of obama first extension this week, just checked my account and it says it only issued me one check,,, has this happened to any one else this week? where did my other week go? i am stressing

pyrox

Back to top Go down

General EUC Discussion - Ongoing - Page 16 Empty Re: General EUC Discussion - Ongoing

Post  riceckr Wed Dec 09, 2009 9:48 pm

pyrox wrote:i claimed my last 2 weeeks of obama first extension this week, just checked my account and it says it only issued me one check,,, has this happened to any one else this week? where did my other week go? i am stressing

it's usually just 1 check for 2 weeks......

riceckr

Back to top Go down

General EUC Discussion - Ongoing - Page 16 Empty re.

Post  pyrox Wed Dec 09, 2009 11:20 pm

let me repharse that i was issued one check for one week, not the usual one check for 2 weeks... plus was only issued one check for one 25.00 stimlus payment not the usual 50.00... so where did my last week go? any one had this issue this week?

pyrox

Back to top Go down

Post  sharonB Wed Dec 09, 2009 11:21 pm

Me From Jax wrote:I had finished up EB in Sept. so I had to apply for EUC III on Monday... This morning I checked my account and the information has updated with what seems like the correct information. I claimed retro weeks and I'm waiting for processing later to check to see if everything went through properly. Update you guys later.

My unemployment ran out in Sept. too. I applied for the tier III early Monday morning. So far, nothing has changed in regards to my account. I called the agency today and all the lady could say was wait. She asked if I claimed my weeks and I said that the site said ti claim again on Dec. 21.

I am so confused because some people are getting updates, and even able to claim stuff. I can't do anything. I even went so far as to try and re-do my tier III application. 3.5 plus months withut a dime, well, I do cry alot more. My daughter needs surgery and Christmas is coming and I'm having trouble buying toilet paper. This is just not right!

Please keep us updated, Me From Jax. If something changes on my end, I will post with joy!
sharonB
sharonB

Back to top Go down

General EUC Discussion - Ongoing - Page 16 Empty December 7,2009

Post  missflorida Wed Dec 09, 2009 11:25 pm

I submitted my application Monday morning at 8 am. My account isn't showing anything yet and people who applied after me are showing balances. I called AWI and they said my application was done correctly and to claim weeks on 12/22. I'm calling again tomorrow because last time I had to claim weeks over the phone and the guy I talked to today rushed me off the phone. scratch

missflorida

Back to top Go down

Post  grandmom49 Wed Dec 09, 2009 11:26 pm

If this was happening with a private company or a utility someone would be going to jail.

grandmom49

Back to top Go down

General EUC Discussion - Ongoing - Page 16 Empty lol

Post  missflorida Wed Dec 09, 2009 11:29 pm

Maybe it's first come last served. pirat

missflorida

Back to top Go down

Post  motley Wed Dec 09, 2009 11:37 pm

pyrox wrote:let me repharse that i was issued one check for one week, not the usual one check for 2 weeks... plus was only issued one check for one 25.00 stimlus payment not the usual 50.00... so where did my last week go? any one had this issue this week?

Did your benefit year end? i know when mine did last month i was only issued 1 check + $25.00 and then had to wait for them to check if i was eligible for a new claim, i wasn't and they then sent me the other week's check.

motley

Back to top Go down

Post  Robbi314 Wed Dec 09, 2009 11:45 pm

And didn't FLarlene post that she had first check processed, or was that just claimed and a verbal assurance?[/quote]

I thought she said that and I tried to find where she wrote that but couldn't.

Robbi314

Back to top Go down

Post  nancym Thu Dec 10, 2009 12:19 am

pyrox wrote:i claimed my last 2 weeeks of obama first extension this week, just checked my account and it says it only issued me one check,,, has this happened to any one else this week? where did my other week go? i am stressing

pyrox--

I can't say for sure, but it sounds like what Melody was telling me about how those coming off EB would be given first the extra week that was put onto Tier 2 first, and the Tier 3 for the remaining 13 weeks would be set up in the account. She said the result would be that those people would be getting two separate checks.
nancym
nancym

Back to top Go down

Post  nancym Thu Dec 10, 2009 12:30 am

lafosl wrote: ... I do not understand this system they are going by, I don't ev en think they have a system...

Man, what chaos! I'm getting the distinct impression at this point that AWI management is giving a bunch of mixed signals to its own staff, as evidenced by the fact that even our most reliable source reps seem to be giving out slightly different information!

That's a usual symptom of management that gives out orders for one way of doing things that simply doesn't take into account the reality on the ground that all the underlings have to deal with. I wonder if the order went out that Tier 3 would be an automatic rollover from recent EB people just on some assumption that all the reps would be manually converting those accounts over into Tier 3 as they went along. But with the delayed programming and the deluge of people getting behind on payments, the reps are faced with a situation where they can't get to the part about manually "resetting" all the Tier 3 accounts for the EB people, and so when they get a desperate call from any of us they just take care of the account then and there instead of it waiting in the virtual stacks. That's my current theory anyway.

And now apparently we've lost one of the best reps, Josh--hope he went on to bigger and better things. Certainly hope he wasn't laid off!
nancym
nancym

Back to top Go down

Post  Robyn Thu Dec 10, 2009 12:39 am

nancym wrote:
lafosl wrote: ... I do not understand this system they are going by, I don't ev en think they have a system...

Man, what chaos! I'm getting the distinct impression at this point that AWI management is giving a bunch of mixed signals to its own staff, as evidenced by the fact that even our most reliable source reps seem to be giving out slightly different information!

That's a usual symptom of management that gives out orders for one way of doing things that simply doesn't take into account the reality on the ground that all the underlings have to deal with. I wonder if the order went out that Tier 3 would be an automatic rollover from recent EB people just on some assumption that all the reps would be manually converting those accounts over into Tier 3 as they went along. But with the delayed programming and the deluge of people getting behind on payments, the reps are faced with a situation where they can't get to the part about manually "resetting" all the Tier 3 accounts for the EB people, and so when they get a desperate call from any of us they just take care of the account then and there instead of it waiting in the virtual stacks. That's my current theory anyway.

And now apparently we've lost one of the best reps, Josh--hope he went on to bigger and better things. Certainly hope he wasn't laid off!

It is chaos. I'm having panic attacks and my stomach is a mess, because I need *some* money, and no part of what I supposedly claimed Monday made it to my bank. My account balance is 0, and no reps returned calls. I know they're busy, but this EB-to-Tier 3 rollover failed! If anyone thinks I should apply online, please let me know. Otherwise, I'll be up early calling Melody. thanx.

Robyn

Back to top Go down

General EUC Discussion - Ongoing - Page 16 Empty point of summary

Post  nancym Thu Dec 10, 2009 1:06 am

Ok, so as Agatha Christie would say, what do we actually know at this point?

1) We know that we are getting back pay from the week starting Nov 8. Check.

2) We know that all those who exhausted benefits before Nov 1 had to fill out that application. Check.

3) We know now the application was kinda goofy, but we finally got clarification about how to answer the questions. Check.

4) We know that Tier 2 is being paid before Tier 3, causing loss of immediate benefits for some, as well as some confusion and possible separate weekly checks and some delays for others. Check.

5) We know that those who exhausted benefits AFTER Nov 1 were told via the website and several reps NOT to apply, that they would be "automatically" rolled over into Tier 3. --um, not so check. Those people are not getting paid either and some have not filled out the application and some have. And some have been directly told that they DO need to fill out the application. And then there are those that are told that it's ok, they didn't need to fill it out, but that it doesn't make any difference, it will be taken care of either way!

The only thing that seems certain here, especially for those EB people in limbo is that when they call and get a rep to manually reset, or whatever they want to call it, their accounts, that there is some assurance that the account will get processed--sometime. It's a catch-22--should we all just get on the phones? If every single person decided to call in, many might not even be connected because of the long wait times.

Guess each person has to decide how much their situation is a real emergency, while everyone is obviously hurting to a greater or lesser degree.

I see individual reps making valiant efforts to straighten things out. But where is the leadership that should be giving clarification of instructions for AWI's "customers" on the AWI site? Where is the untangling of what seem to be mixed instructions to their own reps? Where is that sign of accountability, or at least official communication with us, as taxpayers and so as their employers, in some way? All I see is this terse tally of "accomplishments" in their most recent update: http://www.floridajobs.org/unemployment/hottopics.html
nancym
nancym

Back to top Go down

General EUC Discussion - Ongoing - Page 16 Empty NO WAY

Post  dplboc Thu Dec 10, 2009 1:24 am

There is NO WAY in (you know where) that they have already paid out $27+ million dollars under "the new program" to date. I cannot believe they would even put that on their website, touting their efficiency. What CRAP!

All you have to do is read this forum to know that every statement on their is just "spin, spin, spin."

Unbelievable.

dplboc

Back to top Go down

Post  Unemployed In Orlando Thu Dec 10, 2009 1:53 am

nancym wrote:Ok, so as Agatha Christie would say, what do we actually know at this point?

1) We know that we are getting back pay from the week starting Nov 8. Check.

2) We know that all those who exhausted benefits before Nov 1 had to fill out that application. Check.

3) We know now the application was kinda goofy, but we finally got clarification about how to answer the questions. Check.

4) We know that Tier 2 is being paid before Tier 3, causing loss of immediate benefits for some, as well as some confusion and possible separate weekly checks and some delays for others. Check.

5) We know that those who exhausted benefits AFTER Nov 1 were told via the website and several reps NOT to apply, that they would be "automatically" rolled over into Tier 3. --um, not so check. Those people are not getting paid either and some have not filled out the application and some have. And some have been directly told that they DO need to fill out the application. And then there are those that are told that it's ok, they didn't need to fill it out, but that it doesn't make any difference, it will be taken care of either way!

The only thing that seems certain here, especially for those EB people in limbo is that when they call and get a rep to manually reset, or whatever they want to call it, their accounts, that there is some assurance that the account will get processed--sometime. It's a catch-22--should we all just get on the phones? If every single person decided to call in, many might not even be connected because of the long wait times.

Guess each person has to decide how much their situation is a real emergency, while everyone is obviously hurting to a greater or lesser degree.

I see individual reps making valiant efforts to straighten things out. But where is the leadership that should be giving clarification of instructions for AWI's "customers" on the AWI site? Where is the untangling of what seem to be mixed instructions to their own reps? Where is that sign of accountability, or at least official communication with us, as taxpayers and so as their employers, in some way? All I see is this terse tally of "accomplishments" in their most recent update: http://www.floridajobs.org/unemployment/hottopics.html

Great post Nancy! Very Happy
Unemployed In Orlando
Unemployed In Orlando
Admin

https://unemployed-florida.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

General EUC Discussion - Ongoing - Page 16 Empty * * * Reply with quote * * * * Re: General EUC Discussion - Ongoing

Post  missflorida Thu Dec 10, 2009 8:43 am

My account was updated overnight and I was able to claim 4 weeks. $275 a week isn't much but it's better than nothing. santa Merry Christmas everyone and good luck.

missflorida

Back to top Go down

Post  grandmom49 Thu Dec 10, 2009 9:03 am

Cassandra came thru again. My balance was updated overnight and reflects a little bit over 11 weeks of benefits. Add to that the 3 weeks that I have claimed since 11/06 and there is the 1 week of tier 2 and the other 2 weeks of tier 3. Of course, I still question their methodology but as someone once said "there's a method to their madness" I'm sure.

grandmom49

Back to top Go down

Post  michelle Thu Dec 10, 2009 9:13 am

Is there anybody who applied on monday whose account has still not updated or has no weeks to claiam? I just checked my account again and still there is nothing. I tried calling yesterday, but no one called me back and I'm not sure what is going on.
michelle
michelle

Back to top Go down

Post  scrappy367 Thu Dec 10, 2009 9:19 am

anyone know what time they process payments daily and update the accounts? i claimed mine over the phone with customer service yesterday and just wanna make sure they actually did it correctly.

scrappy367

Back to top Go down

Post  Robbi314 Thu Dec 10, 2009 9:40 am

I claimed 4 weeks yesterday morning and still says no checks have been issued Sad

Robbi314

Back to top Go down

Post  Teresa Thu Dec 10, 2009 9:55 am

michelle wrote:Is there anybody who applied on monday whose account has still not updated or has no weeks to claiam? I just checked my account again and still there is nothing. I tried calling yesterday, but no one called me back and I'm not sure what is going on.

I'm the same as you Michelle - I applied Monday, no updates, and left several messages yesterday with no call backs.

Teresa

Back to top Go down

Post  michelle Thu Dec 10, 2009 9:58 am

Teresa wrote:
michelle wrote:Is there anybody who applied on monday whose account has still not updated or has no weeks to claiam? I just checked my account again and still there is nothing. I tried calling yesterday, but no one called me back and I'm not sure what is going on.

I'm the same as you Michelle - I applied Monday, no updates, and left several messages yesterday with no call backs.

not that I'm happy to hear that, I know that I'm not alone and that maybe they will get to us today. I was beginning to think that maybe I filled out that stupid application wrong!
michelle
michelle

Back to top Go down

Post  GonzoFL Thu Dec 10, 2009 10:02 am

Scrappy....They update between noon and 3:00P.M. My account is still updated(although it's $20.00 short...is that for Crists Xmas present?) but still no check issued. Hopefully sometime this after noon. As to AWI's automatic enrollment...ya right...that was a crock. Anyway....anyone who hears anything new or actually receives a check or DD be sure to post and let us know. This shit is getting so old that it's petrified. Crying or Very sad
GonzoFL
GonzoFL

Back to top Go down

Post  nancym Thu Dec 10, 2009 10:12 am

Well, my account was updated this morning with that 13 week total (missing extra week), but still not able to claim any weeks. Applied over the phone on Tuesday.
nancym
nancym

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 37 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 26 ... 37  Next