Unemployed Florida

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Unemployed Florida
Unemployed Florida
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

General EUC Discussion - Ongoing

+86
nanny
CRFL1015
exotiq
deetann
LOTTIE1
Dixieannjobless
Star
Beaches
atwoodt
lec1234
MerryL
bonza32
technovative
prissy88
Garys1n2
ArleneG
ThatGirl03
studioWI
gknowles
martin59
daytonaman
spd76un
hor2culture
pima54
speedy1383
Sheila
oakensoul
ofantastic
John in Orlando
1Crimson1
LindaLou
nachomama
Chris U.
fred
Jeff
dplboc
missflorida
pyrox
angry
jim stratton
BillTamBay
buccobruce
madisonsnannie
motley
surfer
Marc
lafosl
KellyB
hating politics
Unemployed Mamma
Teresa
brb2007
Michael55
Dino69
cantfindajob
robin28
Cam in FL
hsd
Robyn
scrappy367
SaraJ
JJ in Florida
Robbi314
pebbles
waybol
sharonB
LJ
michelle
GonzoFL
sc4ram
grandmom49
bittybear
Hoppy
riceckr
Judy
Tampa Bay - Anna
sherbetarchitect
MiamiVice
Me From Jax
frustratedinfl
InsuranceMan
nancym
jamfaf
tj21121008
connorsgp
Unemployed In Orlando
90 posters

Page 17 of 37 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 27 ... 37  Next

Go down

General EUC Discussion - Ongoing - Page 17 Empty Re: General EUC Discussion - Ongoing

Post  lafosl Thu Dec 10, 2009 10:27 am

My account was also updated this morning and I could claim 2 weeks only. Also, I am only showing 10 weeks of benefits. Idk, I am so tired of all of this. Does anyone know about the extra week we are suppose to recieve from tier II or did I take that information the wrong way? I am also concerned that no one is recieving payments yet... I hope someone will update us on here if they recieve a payment, I need some type of good news, I do not want to look forward to recieving a payment within the next couple of days if I am not going to get it, I can't take the stress!! Crying or Very sad

lafosl

Back to top Go down

General EUC Discussion - Ongoing - Page 17 Empty Re: General EUC Discussion - Ongoing

Post  waybol Thu Dec 10, 2009 10:46 am

Why is my account is showing a balance of $3575 but I can not claim weeks? I should be eligible to claim weeks ending 11/14,11/21,11/28,12/05 but it says I cant claim until 12/21 by then i will be due 2 more weeks. Like most everyone else I need money now! Do they not have the money? What's the hold up? And I still do not understand why we are not being credited for 20 weeks,I thought the bill allowed for 20 weeks if unemployment rate was above 8.5% and these claims are being filed before the end of 2009. What a freakin mess!!! And as usual nobody at AWI is on the same page and the blame for that should fall directly on management but no one seems to be held accountable as this goes on and on time after time.Has anyone actually recieved funds that were allowed to claim? I heard the definition of insanity was to keep doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. AWI is insane and they are taking us with them! And I dont get the week of tier 2 because I exhausted that before I went on eb

waybol

Back to top Go down

General EUC Discussion - Ongoing - Page 17 Empty No Checks Issued

Post  BillTamBay Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:21 am

I too was able to claim 4 weeks yesterday morning, and when I checked yesterday afternoon, it said it was "processing", so I was hoping that, as in the past, today it would say a payment was issued so I could look for it in my account by tomorrow at the latest. HOWEVER, this morning, it still says "No checks have been issued", and my next date to claim will be Dec. 7th (that I already claimed yesterday). If I try to claim again, it says there are "no weeks to claim".

Has anyone here that applied for EUC III seen a payment issued as of yet?

BillTamBay

Back to top Go down

Post  Robbi314 Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:23 am

My account says the exact same thing as yours does. UGH! I am over all of this!!!

Robbi314

Back to top Go down

Post  grandmom49 Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:23 am

I have a new motto for AWI - baby steps, people, baby steps clown

grandmom49

Back to top Go down

Post  Robbi314 Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:38 am

Ok people, here's the deal. I just spoke w/Cassandra. She explained to me what is going on. The way the law was written, they have to pay the 1 week before the computer system will allow the 13 weeks to kick in. Sooo, she said my account should show a payment for like $273 or some funky thing probably later today, and then tomorrow the 4 weeks I claimed yesterday will follow. So we will be receiving 2 separate payments. She said everyones will process that way because of the way the law was written. She said everything is ok with my account and I will still receive my funds via DD as before. So those of you who have claimed weeks, watch your accounts later today and tomorrow. Hope this helps. Smile

Robbi314

Back to top Go down

Post  Robbi314 Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:42 am

BTW, the girl(Cassandra) deserves a medal for her patience and excellent customer service especially w/the stress she must be under. So if any of you muckity mucks up there at AWI see this, I hope you know what an asset she is to your organization and how much slack she is picking up from those who are not. silent

Robbi314

Back to top Go down

Post  GonzoFL Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:50 am

Bill,Robbi....My account is the saying the same as yours is. Maybe it will update after noon today. Cassandra told me yesterday to call her back if I don't see an issue of checks by Friday. A year and a half ago I was gratefully ignorant of AWI and it's system. It has now become a monster we seem to have to fight with everyday. I am grateful for all the extensions,but,I will be ever more grateful to just get a job. I am sick of this roller coaster ride and having to jump through more hoops than a trained poodle.
GonzoFL
GonzoFL

Back to top Go down

Post  Robbi314 Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:54 am

I agree, Gonzo. I agree Rolling Eyes

Robbi314

Back to top Go down

Post  angry Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:55 am

I still have no new info and spoke with someone yesterday and they were no help

angry

Back to top Go down

Post  GonzoFL Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:58 am

Thanks for the update Robbi. You are right on the button about Cassandra...she really is a asset. I told her that yesterday when I spoke to her that her name was all over the net as the go to girl that gets things done. She also informed me that Josh is no longer there. She said he has moved on to bigger and better things. I hope he was promoted within AWI,he to was a valuable asset when you needed answers. We shall see what happens to out accounts this afternoon. Good luck to all and keep us all informed on the outcome of your case. santa
GonzoFL
GonzoFL

Back to top Go down

Post  BillTamBay Thu Dec 10, 2009 12:19 pm

Robbi, that sounds good. I don't know about anyone else here, but it feels better just knowing that a check is close to "being issued". Did I say "knowing"? I meant Hoping with a capital H. If the payments aren't issued soon... many of us are in for a very depressing "Holiday Season". Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all. Hopefully we will be able to keep our electricity on. If not... does anyone know if there are any rooms available for my family at the Inn? Oh, that's right... we can't afford the Inn.

BillTamBay

Back to top Go down

Post  nancym Thu Dec 10, 2009 12:23 pm

Robbi314 wrote:Ok people, here's the deal. I just spoke w/Cassandra. She explained to me what is going on. The way the law was written, they have to pay the 1 week before the computer system will allow the 13 weeks to kick in. Sooo, she said my account should show a payment for like $273 or some funky thing probably later today, and then tomorrow the 4 weeks I claimed yesterday will follow. So we will be receiving 2 separate payments. She said everyones will process that way because of the way the law was written. She said everything is ok with my account and I will still receive my funds via DD as before. So those of you who have claimed weeks, watch your accounts later today and tomorrow. Hope this helps. Smile

Robbi, and everyone, that confirms what I was told by Melody also earlier this week, that the program is set up to pay out the "extra" Tier 2 week first, and then the 13 weeks kicks in, resulting in two separate checks for some people.

But there still seems to be some unresolved programming issues, from what appears to be happening. I just spoke with Melody a few minutes ago. She has called a number of times because she knows that I get a lot of feedback from people here and she wants to get correct information going out to as many people as possible.

And BTW, Josh wasn't laid off; he's doing well, for anyone interested to know.

So when she called I asked her why my account now shows a balance, but yet still couldn't claim weeks. She was surprised that was the case, so reset my date to claim, but there was no way to know if that was the original problem from what she saw on her screen. So I was now allowed to claim two weeks and should be able to claim another two next Tuesday.

The fact that balances are showing up but with no ability to claim weeks would seem like a programming issue, or that somehow the date to claim needs to be reset; it's not a matter of waiting for funds to be released.

Anyone who left a message with Melody, she promises to answer ALL messages left for her, but noted that she has also been involved in the trouble-shooting process for all this and her list of calls to be answered is quite long. She DOES ask that you not leave more than one message per person, since she will get back to all of you in turn. I assume that goes for Cassandra as well, about leaving only one message.
nancym
nancym

Back to top Go down

Post  robin28 Thu Dec 10, 2009 12:35 pm

I applied Monday and talked with someone at the regular number yesterday. He told me they did get my application and to keep checking as my account "may be" updated by Friday. "Sometimes it takes 3-5 days for the system to update" Suspect . SO I guess I can tell my bill collectors to "keep checking" right? LOL

So I am waiting......

robin28

Back to top Go down

Post  nancym Thu Dec 10, 2009 12:58 pm

There seem to be several issues that are multiplying the confusion all over the place. The process of automatically switching from EB to EUC3 was actually supposed to be automatic, not dependent on a manual reset where a rep needed to look at the account. On this Melody checked with Cassandra and they are on the same page about those coming off EB and were not supposed to have to use the application.

BUT they are seeing so many problems with this supposedly automatic switchover that the question comes up that there might be a programming problem, especially with what we are actually seeing online with our accounts vs. what was supposed to happen automatically. So here are the reps thinking that those on EB were not needing visual inspection of their accounts but then so many were not getting the ability to claim. They are checking into this as a system problem now.

Meanwhile, to add to the confusion, there may be some special difficulty with those who were VERY close to the cutoff of EB and the date of EUC3 start where it was confusing to know whether to apply or not. So Melody just called me back to make sure that no one has any confusion about their actual exhaust dates and the requirement for applications, especially since that date has been sometimes reported in the news media as the start date of that week instead of the actual transition day.

So very specifically, (this wording from Melody) please see if you fall into either of these categories:

A: If the last week for which you were able to claim benefits (not your last check date or Monday -Tuesday claiming date), but the last week that you certified for, was the week ending 10/31, or any week before that, then you MUST fill out an application for EUC3.

B: If the last week for which you were able to claim benefits (not your last check date or Monday -Tuesday claiming date), but the last week that you certified for was the week ending 11/7, or any week after that, then you do not need to fill out an application for EUC3.

HOWEVER, if you fall into category B and you see no update on your account or cannot claim any weeks, personally, I would call and have them check your account for correct claim dates or other problems, since this was the part that programming was supposed to take care of automatically without an application form.

Edit: IMPORTANT: Melody called me back several hours later after giving me the dates I posted earlier today, apologized all over and told me that the actual dates were one week earlier. So the info on this post is NOW correct, as of 12:45 PM today. . This corrected date seems odd to me, since it's actually before the federal law went into effect, but it must have more to do with just the way they decided to handle the application procedures. And these corrected dates do in fact conform to the Nov 1 single day cutoff date that has been on their website.

Last edited by nancym on Thu Dec 10, 2009 2:47 pm; edited 2 times in total
nancym
nancym

Back to top Go down

Post  nancym Thu Dec 10, 2009 1:03 pm

waybol wrote:... And I still do not understand why we are not being credited for 20 weeks,I thought the bill allowed for 20 weeks if unemployment rate was above 8.5% and these claims are being filed before the end of 2009. ...

waybol--on this particular issue please go back and read my and others posts about that in this thread or more to the point in the revised Sequence of Benefits thread in the first post (go to Home page, then in "Senate bill, policies, etc..." section. It's all explained there.
nancym
nancym

Back to top Go down

Post  waybol Thu Dec 10, 2009 1:07 pm

Thanks for the post nancym I guess my account needs to be reset.I am waiting for Melody to call back.I can only imagine how busy she is I am sure her work load is tripled or worse since she seems to be one of the few who knows whats going on around there she has to make up for all the ones without a clue.

waybol

Back to top Go down

Post  nancym Thu Dec 10, 2009 2:13 pm

(I'm posting this in multiple threads intentionally.)

For anyone needing to check exactly how Florida determines total benefits and weekly amounts, that info is online, but I have posted it on this forum for convenience as well:

https://unemployed-florida.forumotion.com/senate-bills-state-policies-federal-initiatives-f6/how-to-calculate-unemployment-eligibility-and-the-weekly-benefit-amount-t141.htm#2444

This may be helpful to anyone not knowing exactly when their various Tiers and programs ended. And also this info may help some who need to determine if they might be considered for a new benefit year if they take a temp job that pays a certain amount. (Most do not want to go to a new benefit year because the amount paid is a fraction of their former weekly benefit.)
nancym
nancym

Back to top Go down

General EUC Discussion - Ongoing - Page 17 Empty Payments Processing?

Post  Me From Jax Thu Dec 10, 2009 2:17 pm

Thanks alot Nancy for the breakdown!! - The system seems to be processing payments now, everyone cross your fingers!! (btw, yesterday and this morning before the processing started, I was not able to hear my claim information via telephone.. It connected me immediately to a representative - I just called a minute ago and now I do hear my claim info)

Me From Jax

Back to top Go down

General EUC Discussion - Ongoing - Page 17 Empty A CHECK HAS BEEN ISSUED

Post  Me From Jax Thu Dec 10, 2009 2:43 pm

Okay you guys, I was one of the folks whose last EB check was in Sept. and I just called back to check my account info and a check for 4 weeks was issued today!!!

Me From Jax

Back to top Go down

Post  KellyB Thu Dec 10, 2009 2:49 pm

Well that was a slap in the face...

My Tier 3 benefits expired in October, I filed for the extension on Monday, have spoken to three different AWI reps and been told three different things. The latest came from a gentleman at the 877.846.8770 number, he informed me that I won't be able to claim anything (including retro for Nov) until Dec 22, the retro weeks will be broken up into 2 different payments, and I probably won't see any money until Dec 28, at the earliest. What the *@#%! I have never been so frustrated in my entire life.

KellyB

Back to top Go down

General EUC Discussion - Ongoing - Page 17 Empty Important correction

Post  nancym Thu Dec 10, 2009 2:53 pm

Important correction about the application form:

Anyone who read my post in this thread this morning about the A and B distinctions for the cutoff dates, if your exhaust date came close to Nov 1, please go back and read the EDIT I just made in orange at the bottom, based on revised info that just came from Melody.
nancym
nancym

Back to top Go down

Post  nancym Thu Dec 10, 2009 2:58 pm

Me From Jax wrote:Okay you guys, I was one of the folks whose last EB check was in Sept. and I just called back to check my account info and a check for 4 weeks was issued today!!!

Praise the lord!

This transition, I think everyone who went through it would agree, except for the waiting for the state bill to pass, has been much more confusing than what we went through back at the start of EB.
nancym
nancym

Back to top Go down

General EUC Discussion - Ongoing - Page 17 Empty Amazing

Post  dplboc Thu Dec 10, 2009 3:01 pm

It is an absolute CRIME what is going on at AWI. I cannot IMAGINE what the thousands of unemployed who do NOT keep up with this forum are doing in order to keep their personal chaos to a minimum.

Not to mention seniors and/or those who don't really utilize a computer like those of us on here do. It is completely outrageous.

dplboc

Back to top Go down

Post  Me From Jax Thu Dec 10, 2009 3:03 pm

nancym wrote:
Me From Jax wrote:Okay you guys, I was one of the folks whose last EB check was in Sept. and I just called back to check my account info and a check for 4 weeks was issued today!!!

Praise the lord!

This transition, I think everyone who went through it would agree, except for the waiting for the state bill to pass, has been much more confusing than what we went through back at the start of EB.

I usually don't gripe about things I can't change, but Nancy, they definitely dropped the ball this time!!

Me From Jax

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 37 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 27 ... 37  Next