Unemployed Florida

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Unemployed Florida
Unemployed Florida
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

General EUC Discussion - Ongoing

+86
nanny
CRFL1015
exotiq
deetann
LOTTIE1
Dixieannjobless
Star
Beaches
atwoodt
lec1234
MerryL
bonza32
technovative
prissy88
Garys1n2
ArleneG
ThatGirl03
studioWI
gknowles
martin59
daytonaman
spd76un
hor2culture
pima54
speedy1383
Sheila
oakensoul
ofantastic
John in Orlando
1Crimson1
LindaLou
nachomama
Chris U.
fred
Jeff
dplboc
missflorida
pyrox
angry
jim stratton
BillTamBay
buccobruce
madisonsnannie
motley
surfer
Marc
lafosl
KellyB
hating politics
Unemployed Mamma
Teresa
brb2007
Michael55
Dino69
cantfindajob
robin28
Cam in FL
hsd
Robyn
scrappy367
SaraJ
JJ in Florida
Robbi314
pebbles
waybol
sharonB
LJ
michelle
GonzoFL
sc4ram
grandmom49
bittybear
Hoppy
riceckr
Judy
Tampa Bay - Anna
sherbetarchitect
MiamiVice
Me From Jax
frustratedinfl
InsuranceMan
nancym
jamfaf
tj21121008
connorsgp
Unemployed In Orlando
90 posters

Page 31 of 37 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 37  Next

Go down

General EUC Discussion - Ongoing - Page 31 Empty Re: General EUC Discussion - Ongoing

Post  studioWI Sat Mar 13, 2010 9:56 pm

SaraJ wrote:Hi Everyone, Here's a link to a tier 5 petition that's gaining in strength. Click the link to join in. It can only help our cause!

http://www.change.org/actions/view/the_99ers_need_a_tier_v_added_to_unemployment_benefits

Why isn't this a NELP initiative? Or is it?
I thought the link above was smarmy...and right now, smarmy is just a righteous direction.

studioWI

Back to top Go down

General EUC Discussion - Ongoing - Page 31 Empty Re: General EUC Discussion - Ongoing

Post  connorsgp Sun Mar 14, 2010 1:21 pm

couldn't have said it better....

connorsgp

Back to top Go down

Post  grandmom49 Sun Mar 14, 2010 7:55 pm

excerpt from an email received from nelp 03/10/2010 subject line Senate Passes Jobs Bill Extending Unemployment Benefits Through 2010

What's next?
As many of you have noted, this bill does not add any weeks of benefits to the EUC program. Unfortunately, the Senate was not willing to consider an expansion of the program while still trying to continue the basic benefits through the end of the year. NELP is working on an effort to directly address the historic needs of the long-term unemployed, including extra weeks of benefits, targeted job creation programs and other helpful measures.

sign on to nelp.org & see what they are currently proposing.

grandmom49

Back to top Go down

General EUC Discussion - Ongoing - Page 31 Empty EUC TiER 5 Phone Campaign

Post  SaraJ Sun Mar 14, 2010 8:04 pm

Phone Campaign to Begin on Monday 3/15… PLEASE JOIN US!!!

MONDAY
Senator Harry Reid: Phone= (202) 224-3542
Senator Jean Shaheen: Phone= (202) 224-2841

TUESDAY
Senator Richard Durbin: Phone= (202) 224-2152
Senator Max Baucus: Phone= (202) 224-2651

WEDNESDAY
Senator Debbie Stabenow: Phone= (202) 224-4822
Senator Sherrod Brown: Phone= (202) 224-2315

THURSDAY
Senator Robert Casey: Phone= (202) 224-6324
Senator Chris Dodd: Phone= (202) 224-2823

FRIDAY
Senator Al Franken: Phone= (202) 224-5641
Senator Arlen Specter: Phone= (202) 224-4254

SaraJ

Back to top Go down

Post  ThatGirl03 Mon Mar 15, 2010 1:10 pm

Hi Sara - what are the phone calls for? To get Tier 5 approved? I'll call! Thanks for the info Wink

ThatGirl03

Back to top Go down

Post  SaraJ Mon Mar 15, 2010 1:22 pm

ThatGirl03 wrote:Hi Sara - what are the phone calls for? To get Tier 5 approved? I'll call! Thanks for the info Wink

Hi That Girl....Calling to ask for a tier 5 for all states & why it should be done. Either explaining your personal situation or the overall economic impact for the U.S. So yes trying to get a tier 5 moving through the House & Senate & onto the prez!

SaraJ

Back to top Go down

Post  ThatGirl03 Mon Mar 15, 2010 1:34 pm

Hi Sara - thanks for the response. I will definitely make calls to these people. Although I am still on my initial benefits (which end in April), I think any extensions they give people will certainly help. Keep up the great work! Smile

ThatGirl03

Back to top Go down

General EUC Discussion - Ongoing - Page 31 Empty Web sites for helping get tier V

Post  daytonaman Mon Mar 15, 2010 2:28 pm

daytonaman
daytonaman

Back to top Go down

Post  ThatGirl03 Mon Mar 15, 2010 3:59 pm

Good info, Daytonaman - thank you!

ThatGirl03

Back to top Go down

Post  ArleneG Tue Mar 16, 2010 7:27 pm

grandmom49 wrote:excerpt from an email received from nelp 03/10/2010 subject line Senate Passes Jobs Bill Extending Unemployment Benefits Through 2010

What's next?
As many of you have noted, this bill does not add any weeks of benefits to the EUC program. Unfortunately, the Senate was not willing to consider an expansion of the program while still trying to continue the basic benefits through the end of the year. NELP is working on an effort to directly address the historic needs of the long-term unemployed, including extra weeks of benefits, targeted job creation programs and other helpful measures.

sign on to nelp.org & see what they are currently proposing.

I have called many of the above. One of the more peculiar replies I receive is, "Why aren't you calling the representatives from your own state?"

I do call the representatives from FL.
ArleneG
ArleneG

Back to top Go down

General EUC Discussion - Ongoing - Page 31 Empty tier 5 to survive - the movie!

Post  SaraJ Wed Mar 17, 2010 11:10 am

Tier 5 to Survive - You Tube video.....making it's way across the net & to our politicians & the media.....Enjoy!

http://tinyurl.com/ye956rd

SaraJ

Back to top Go down

Post  sc4ram Wed Mar 17, 2010 1:31 pm

Arlene- These people are driven by getting votes for re-election, therefore they tend to pay more attention to consituents from (preferably registered voters) the district that elected them. (unless you are making a campaign contribution) Congrats on getting through, I hear the Capitol lines are jammed due to the Health Care bill efforts currently before the Congress.

I have called many of the above. One of the more peculiar replies I receive is, "Why aren't you calling the representatives from your own state?"

I do call the representatives from FL.
sc4ram
sc4ram

Back to top Go down

General EUC Discussion - Ongoing - Page 31 Empty Lost EB

Post  Sheila Wed Mar 17, 2010 5:05 pm

I applied today for my EB, the 8 weeks they took from me, and it said I didn't qualify. My tier 4 ran out this week. Has anyone else applied???? I guess I am totally screwed now?

Sheila

Back to top Go down

Post  SaraJ Wed Mar 17, 2010 5:23 pm

Sheila wrote:I applied today for my EB, the 8 weeks they took from me, and it said I didn't qualify. My tier 4 ran out this week. Has anyone else applied???? I guess I am totally screwed now?

Sheila,

Unfortunately you had to exhaust tier 4 by week ending Feb 20 at the latest to qualify for even 1 week. The EB is being paid retroactive for January & February. So if you finished tier 4 by week ending Feb 6 AND you had not already received the 20 weeks of EB, then you could have received 3 weeks of EB with weeks ending Feb. 13, Feb. 20 & Feb.27. No weeks are paid after week ending Feb. 27 as this is when the program expires. See the attached EB Fact Sheet....it probably explains it better than me.

http://www.floridajobs.org/unemployment/EB/FLORIDA_EXTENDED_BENEFITS_FACT_SHEET.pdf

SaraJ

Back to top Go down

Post  michelle Thu Mar 18, 2010 4:05 pm

michelle
michelle

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeff Thu Mar 18, 2010 4:45 pm

Good article. Looks like a press release by a non-press person. I copied and linked it in another forum for exposure.

Jeff

Back to top Go down

Post  pima54 Fri Mar 19, 2010 11:51 am

Jeff wrote:Good article. Looks like a press release by a non-press person. I copied and linked it in another forum for exposure.
You're right Jeff, it's not a press person, it's me. I have been unemployed since 01/08, I've run out of benefits with no job prospects on the horizon, I'm not good at writing things but I felt I had to do something else besides calling and e-mailing elected officials that really don't get it. The news media I have contacted doesn't seem interested in the subject so I wrote the press release and have been trying to get some media attention with it. Best of luck to everyone.

pima54

Back to top Go down

Post  GonzoFL Fri Mar 19, 2010 12:08 pm

Good article pima54.
GonzoFL
GonzoFL

Back to top Go down

General EUC Discussion - Ongoing - Page 31 Empty PR Distribution

Post  grandmom49 Fri Mar 19, 2010 12:24 pm

I was so impressed with your press release that I posted it on my fb page and sent @ tweets to every news organization and elected official I follow on twitter. Will let you know if I get any responses. I just found this release http://bit.ly/b2r4ts

grandmom49

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeff Fri Mar 19, 2010 6:15 pm

pima54 wrote:
Jeff wrote:Good article. Looks like a press release by a non-press person. I copied and linked it in another forum for exposure.
You're right Jeff, it's not a press person, it's me. I have been unemployed since 01/08, I've run out of benefits with no job prospects on the horizon, I'm not good at writing things but I felt I had to do something else besides calling and e-mailing elected officials that really don't get it. The news media I have contacted doesn't seem interested in the subject so I wrote the press release and have been trying to get some media attention with it. Best of luck to everyone.

You did a real good job on it pima54. I noted from the page itself that it was a site for making press releases available to the general media. And I assumed you wrote it for that reason. I liked that you referenced some of your facts for verification. Thanks for posting it. I copied the whole piece, including the link, and posted it on another forum.

Jeff

Back to top Go down

Post  ThatGirl03 Fri Mar 19, 2010 6:26 pm

Jeff wrote:
pima54 wrote:

You did a real good job on it pima54. I noted from the page itself that it was a site for making press releases available to the general media. And I assumed you wrote it for that reason. I liked that you referenced some of your facts for verification. Thanks for posting it. I copied the whole piece, including the link, and posted it on another forum.

Hi Jeff - can you give me information on what other forums you post on? I believe that the more we can get our stories out there, the better chance we have of being heard. Thank you!

ThatGirl03

Back to top Go down

Post  SaraJ Sun Mar 21, 2010 8:29 pm

SaraJ

Back to top Go down

General EUC Discussion - Ongoing - Page 31 Empty How to continue to claim with 0 balance

Post  daytonaman Mon Mar 22, 2010 3:05 pm

I have read in several blogs and articles that I should continue to claim weeks, even though I have exhausted all benefit tiers & EB. This can't be done online, with a 0 balance all the system tells you is to call for assistance, when I called I was told I can't claim because their is no money left on my claim. I also read that I should still be eligible for the $25.00 weekly federal stimulus, some other states continue to pay this even with exhausted claims.

Has anyone heard anything on this?
daytonaman
daytonaman

Back to top Go down

Post  SaraJ Mon Mar 22, 2010 5:45 pm

daytonaman wrote:I have read in several blogs and articles that I should continue to claim weeks, even though I have exhausted all benefit tiers & EB. This can't be done online, with a 0 balance all the system tells you is to call for assistance, when I called I was told I can't claim because their is no money left on my claim. I also read that I should still be eligible for the $25.00 weekly federal stimulus, some other states continue to pay this even with exhausted claims.

Daytonaman - This doesn't apply to Florida. They do this in some other states....I believe Ohio & illinois...regardless, they don't do that in Florida. Maybe we'll get a tier V down the road!

SaraJ

Back to top Go down

General EUC Discussion - Ongoing - Page 31 Empty Thank you Sara

Post  daytonaman Mon Mar 22, 2010 6:41 pm

SaraJ wrote:
daytonaman wrote:I have read in several blogs and articles that I should continue to claim weeks, even though I have exhausted all benefit tiers & EB. This can't be done online, with a 0 balance all the system tells you is to call for assistance, when I called I was told I can't claim because their is no money left on my claim. I also read that I should still be eligible for the $25.00 weekly federal stimulus, some other states continue to pay this even with exhausted claims.

Daytonaman - This doesn't apply to Florida. They do this in some other states....I believe Ohio & illinois...regardless, they don't do that in Florida. Maybe we'll get a tier V down the road!

Thank you Sara, leave to Florida to find a way to take money away from it's residents who need it most. I have faxed both Florida senators, Majority Leader Reid, Majority Whip, Durbin, Congressman Mica, Both the President & Vice President, and the 2 members of Congress that so far have been the only ones to recommend and stand behind a tier V, Congressman Mark Shauer ( D ) Michigan, and Senator Bernie Sanders ( I ) Vermont. The more we bug them the more likely they will respond and actually do something for the long term unemployed, these jobs bills seem to be good incentives to get hiring on the move, but these bills will take time to get moving, and we need the safety net until this happens
daytonaman
daytonaman

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 31 of 37 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 37  Next