Unemployed Florida

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Unemployed Florida
Unemployed Florida
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

General EUC Discussion - Ongoing

+86
nanny
CRFL1015
exotiq
deetann
LOTTIE1
Dixieannjobless
Star
Beaches
atwoodt
lec1234
MerryL
bonza32
technovative
prissy88
Garys1n2
ArleneG
ThatGirl03
studioWI
gknowles
martin59
daytonaman
spd76un
hor2culture
pima54
speedy1383
Sheila
oakensoul
ofantastic
John in Orlando
1Crimson1
LindaLou
nachomama
Chris U.
fred
Jeff
dplboc
missflorida
pyrox
angry
jim stratton
BillTamBay
buccobruce
madisonsnannie
motley
surfer
Marc
lafosl
KellyB
hating politics
Unemployed Mamma
Teresa
brb2007
Michael55
Dino69
cantfindajob
robin28
Cam in FL
hsd
Robyn
scrappy367
SaraJ
JJ in Florida
Robbi314
pebbles
waybol
sharonB
LJ
michelle
GonzoFL
sc4ram
grandmom49
bittybear
Hoppy
riceckr
Judy
Tampa Bay - Anna
sherbetarchitect
MiamiVice
Me From Jax
frustratedinfl
InsuranceMan
nancym
jamfaf
tj21121008
connorsgp
Unemployed In Orlando
90 posters

Page 29 of 37 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 33 ... 37  Next

Go down

General EUC Discussion - Ongoing - Page 29 Empty Re: General EUC Discussion - Ongoing

Post  Unemployed In Orlando Tue Feb 16, 2010 7:04 pm

Wink Merged the rollover post from Robbi into the EUC thread Arrow Arrow Arrow
Unemployed In Orlando
Unemployed In Orlando
Admin

https://unemployed-florida.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

General EUC Discussion - Ongoing - Page 29 Empty Tier 4

Post  fred Wed Feb 17, 2010 9:51 am

Hi All
Claimed Last 2 weeks of Tier 3 on the 2/16. This morning my account shows the 6 weeks of tier 4.

fred

Back to top Go down

General EUC Discussion - Ongoing - Page 29 Empty winding down

Post  pyrox Wed Feb 17, 2010 10:51 am

i claimed on 2/16 and account shows 401.00 left in my account says to claim 401.00 on 3.02 so does that mean i will not roll over in to this so called tier 5 or am i done with now? really stressing now been out of work since may of 08 and can not find a job..... Sad

pyrox

Back to top Go down

General EUC Discussion - Ongoing - Page 29 Empty Re: General EUC Discussion - Ongoing

Post  GonzoFL Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:36 am

pyrox wrote:i claimed on 2/16 and account shows 401.00 left in my account says to claim 401.00 on 3.02 so does that mean i will not roll over in to this so called tier 5 or am i done with now? really stressing now been out of work since may of 08 and can not find a job..... Sad

pyrox,

All of us here hope that you can predict the future because right now there is no tier 5. If you are on tier 4 now....that's all there is at this point. If you are still on tier 3,it would be a good idea to call AWI on Feb 23rd in regards to your balance. Robbi was told yesterday by AWI that she(and I for that matter) need to call AWI on the 22nd to have them push through our LAST week of tier 3 to be eligible for tier 4. As we near the end of this tier,more and more conflicting reports are emerging....seems to happen every time. I also became unemployed in May of 08 and I feel your stress pyrox....hang in there and keep checking back on this site. If any new developments emerge,rest assured they will be posted here.
GonzoFL
GonzoFL

Back to top Go down

Post  Sheila Fri Feb 19, 2010 5:48 pm

nancym wrote:daytonaman--

There's a difference between the people who lost anywhere from 1-8 weeks of EB because of the way the law was interpreted last fall and those who don't get the maximum weeks because of how their benefits are calculated. It sounds like you fall into the latter category, or maybe both, because your weekly amount is less than the max $275 (plus the $25 extra).

1) If you were collecting any EB weeks after Nov 8, 2009, any weeks after Nov 8 were subtracted from your Tier 3. Seems outrageous, but that's what they did. (There's some kind of talk about an "EB fix" in the state legislature, but I'm not sure if that has anything to do with correcting that situation that affected many people last fall and going forward.) You could tell when you were on EB by the fact that you had to fill out those two job listings you applied for each week, with all the details, either online or in the mail.

2) The second category just comes from the way benefits are calculated for everybody (another thing many Democrats in the legislature are trying to fix this time around). You'll see that in my Sequence of benefits post (under Senate bills...etc.) that I qualify any maximum number of benefits by saying it depends on your work history. You can calculate your exact benefits, both the weekly amount and the number of weeks by following the guideline I posted here:
https://unemployed-florida.forumotion.com/senate-bills-state-policies-federal-initiatives-f6/how-to-calculate-unemployment-eligibility-and-the-weekly-benefit-amount-t141.htm

(If you want to read the entire AWI posting, it's linked there also in a Word doc you can download.)

If you worked in between it can be more difficult to figure it all out, but the same calculation of your work periods (4 of the previous fiscal quarters, discounting the current one AND the most recent), is done for everyone, and many, many people are in your shoes, getting less than the maximum that is usually touted by reporters in newspapers. Those people often don't even realize not everyone gets the max, either in weekly amounts or in number of weeks, so these reports can be misleading.

So when many of us talk about running out of benefits by the end of March (the last day that most who had the max weeks will last, unless there's work in between), we also realize that many are already out of benefits or are already on Tier 4 with fewer numbers of weeks.

Having said all that, AWI computers and reps DO sometimes make mistakes. If you have all your paperwork and can plow through that with those dates and formulas you can get from my posting I linked here, you might be able to tell if all the calculations are correct or not.
There is a high possibility that they just TOOK the benefits away. They do that, and they can. They TOOK $1900 of my EB away when I got Tier 3. Now they TOOK 2 more weeks off of my tier IV. They DO it. Most people in FL only get 20 weeks to start with as it is a low paying (per hour) state. So keep in mind the 'up to' they talk about. Most people don't get the 'up to'.

Sheila

Back to top Go down

Post  Robbi314 Mon Feb 22, 2010 10:15 am

Well, I called in and claimed my last week of Tier 3 this morning as I was told to do. Hopefully my account will roll to Tier 4. Guess I'll just sit back and watch the movie now and hopefully things will go as they're supposed to. I'll keep y'all posted. silent

Robbi314

Back to top Go down

Post  GonzoFL Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:41 am

I also called in this morning to claim my last week of tier3. Had to leave a message,but will advise on the out come.

Robbi,sounds like they let you claim without to much difficulty. Did the agent you talked to today confirm that claiming for the last week now was the right thing to do? Let us know Cool
GonzoFL
GonzoFL

Back to top Go down

Post  Robbi314 Mon Feb 22, 2010 1:03 pm

Hey Gonzo, he asked me the usual questions and said that I should see my next claim date of 3/8 and update on my account by tomorrow. Lets hope so. If you don't hear back, try James at ext. 2821. Meanwhile, I'll check my account later to see if maybe it will process later today. I'll let you all know.

Robbi314

Back to top Go down

Post  GonzoFL Mon Feb 22, 2010 1:07 pm

Thanks for the update Robbi....and if I don't hear from some one by mid afternoon I will give James a shout.
GonzoFL
GonzoFL

Back to top Go down

Post  GonzoFL Mon Feb 22, 2010 1:35 pm

Just got a call back from Deidra at AWI. I explained my situation to her,and she said I could claim for my last week today if I wished....but she told me that I will still beat the cut off date when I claim on the 1st of March and at that time will be able to claim for 2 weeks(last week of T3 and 1st week of T4),so I elected to wait till the 1st of March.
GonzoFL
GonzoFL

Back to top Go down

Post  Robbi314 Mon Feb 22, 2010 1:40 pm

Glad to hear you got a call back. I guess it's 6 of one...yada, yada, yada Wink

Robbi314

Back to top Go down

Post  GonzoFL Mon Feb 22, 2010 3:34 pm

Exactly Robbi. Well the Senate is back in session today after their holiday break. Let's hope they come up with something worth a damn this week. They have fiddle dicked around for two long as usual and we of course are the ones that will suffer. Mad
GonzoFL
GonzoFL

Back to top Go down

Post  Robbi314 Mon Feb 22, 2010 4:03 pm

I don't put much faith in the senate to do anything in a timely fashion. It's almost as if they enjoy seeing us suffer. They all suck, dems, Repubs, all of them. But we'll see. It would be great if they would just extend Tier 4 and add weeks to it, but of course that would be too easy. As for my account, it updated to the point where it now shows a check issued today and my next date to claim of 3/1.But a zero balance. So I guess if the balance doesn't update I'll have to call again. Ugh! Mad

Robbi314

Back to top Go down

General EUC Discussion - Ongoing - Page 29 Empty Tier IV

Post  Robbi314 Tue Feb 23, 2010 9:37 am

Ok, my account rolled over to Tier IV this morning with a claim date of 3/1. Just wanted to let y'all know Surprised

Robbi314

Back to top Go down

Post  michelle Sat Feb 27, 2010 12:16 am

quick question... has anybody heard anything about they may be extending benefits again? My mom heard something about it on the news today that they said to keep an eye on unemployment benefits because there may be another extension. was just wondering if my mom heard right.
michelle
michelle

Back to top Go down

General EUC Discussion - Ongoing - Page 29 Empty Extending Benefits

Post  daytonaman Sat Feb 27, 2010 9:07 am

michelle wrote:quick question... has anybody heard anything about they may be extending benefits again? My mom heard something about it on the news today that they said to keep an eye on unemployment benefits because there may be another extension. was just wondering if my mom heard right.

A debate in the senate has been going since Thursday about a short term extension, 30 days. Senator Dick Durbin & Harry Reid have been pushing for the 30 day extension and it has been objected to by Senator Jim Bunning of Kentucky. The Democrat Senators TRIED very hard to pass the bill before the Feb 28 deadline, it didn't happen because they are arguing over how it's going to get paid for.
The Bill will probably pass this week, but because it's going past the deadline there will be a delay in checks going out like what happened in November - December
daytonaman
daytonaman

Back to top Go down

Post  Unemployed In Orlando Sat Feb 27, 2010 9:48 am

daytonaman wrote:
michelle wrote:quick question... has anybody heard anything about they may be extending benefits again? My mom heard something about it on the news today that they said to keep an eye on unemployment benefits because there may be another extension. was just wondering if my mom heard right.

A debate in the senate has been going since Thursday about a short term extension, 30 days. Senator Dick Durbin & Harry Reid have been pushing for the 30 day extension and it has been objected to by Senator Jim Bunning of Kentucky. The Democrat Senators TRIED very hard to pass the bill before the Feb 28 deadline, it didn't happen because they are arguing over how it's going to get paid for.
The Bill will probably pass this week, but because it's going past the deadline there will be a delay in checks going out like what happened in November - December

One other thing to note, I spoke to a contact at AWI last week and he informed me that those who have exhausted and waiting on the eligibility extension to pass will more than likely not received retro weeks for the time between the last payment and the new tier payment. Of course this is hypothetical but what he considers a strong possibility. Even if passed this week, AWI still has to prepare and mail notices to everyone about the eligibility extension prior to releasing credits into your account. And we know what happened last June/July with EB affraid
Unemployed In Orlando
Unemployed In Orlando
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Unemployed In Orlando Sat Feb 27, 2010 9:50 am

To clarify, its an eligibility extension for the established EUC tiers which are federally funded, not an extended amount of additional weeks. Meaning, once you receive the 6 weeks on tier 4 thats it for now. Stay tuned for more on that.
Unemployed In Orlando
Unemployed In Orlando
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  michelle Sat Feb 27, 2010 11:22 am

Unemployed In Orlando wrote:

To clarify, its an eligibility extension for the established EUC tiers which are federally funded, not an extended amount of additional weeks. Meaning, once you receive the 6 weeks on tier 4 thats it for now. Stay tuned for more on that.

I am just starting my Tier 4, actually Monday will be my first time claiming weeks. thanks, my mom must have heard "unemployment" and "extension" and must have thought they were extending benefits again.
michelle
michelle

Back to top Go down

Post  Unemployed In Orlando Sat Feb 27, 2010 11:26 am

michelle wrote:

I am just starting my Tier 4, actually Monday will be my first time claiming weeks. thanks, my mom must have heard "unemployment" and "extension" and must have thought they were extending benefits again.

Not to be too nosey, but have the tier 4 credits posted to your account and showing monday as your next date to claim?
Unemployed In Orlando
Unemployed In Orlando
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  michelle Sat Feb 27, 2010 11:30 am

michelle wrote:

Not to be too nosey, but have the tier 4 credits posted to your account and showing monday as your next date to claim?

yeah two days after my tier 3 ended... showing 1600. for a balance. received my eligibility letter couple of days ago.
michelle
michelle

Back to top Go down

Post  Unemployed In Orlando Sat Feb 27, 2010 11:34 am

michelle wrote:
michelle wrote:

yeah two days after my tier 3 ended... showing 1600. for a balance. received my eligibility letter couple of days ago.

K thanks, just havent heard much from people about the letters yet. Just a few here and there, and then I thinking maybe AWI was behind on the letters as well.
Unemployed In Orlando
Unemployed In Orlando
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  michelle Sat Feb 27, 2010 11:37 am

michelle wrote:
michelle wrote:

K thanks, just havent heard much from people about the letters yet. Just a few here and there, and then I thinking maybe AWI was behind on the letters as well.

my letter arrived maybe a week later. you know the standard you have been approved to receive letter that usually gets to you after you have already started collecting.
michelle
michelle

Back to top Go down

General EUC Discussion - Ongoing - Page 29 Empty Fiscal Year 2010-11 budget

Post  sc4ram Mon Mar 01, 2010 2:30 am

Unemployment Compensation
To sustain Floridians while they seek employment and to continue the benefits payments that stabilize our economy, Governor Crist’s Fiscal Year 2010-11 budget recommends $62.7 million to enhance the processing and distribution of unemployment compensation benefits, which includes:

$16 million to continue call center operations – to provide expanded call center services to assist unemployed Floridians.

$18 million for unemployment compensation – to administer the unemployment compensation program.

$27.6 million for technology improvements – includes the replacement of the 37-year-old computer system that processes unemployment compensation benefit claims.
sc4ram
sc4ram

Back to top Go down

General EUC Discussion - Ongoing - Page 29 Empty Florida Budget

Post  daytonaman Mon Mar 01, 2010 6:48 am

It was just announced on the news this morning that Florida has a 3billion dollar deficit, this may or may not effect unemployment.
Also, In Florida's workforce region 18, Sarasota area, The Florida senate has a bill in the works right now that will impose drug testing starting this year, October 2010.
http://www.flsenate.gov/data/session/2010/Senate/bills/billtext/pdf/s0258.pdf
daytonaman
daytonaman

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 29 of 37 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 33 ... 37  Next