Unemployed Florida

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Unemployed Florida
Unemployed Florida
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New federal benefits legislation for 2010? --Please use this thread for all discussion

+40
Steve_
Garys1n2
Liz
UnemployedInFL
pyrox
UEINFL
frustratedinfl
needajob
fred
studioWI
TruthbeKnown
waybol
enrique2010
Robbi314
shartee
cantfindajob
sharonB
deetann
JJ in Florida
DisneyDean
joseph
Robyn
tj21121008
Tampa Bay - Anna
hor2culture
SaraJ
gknowles
daytonaman
Sheila
MiamiVice
Unemployed In Orlando
GonzoFL
sc4ram
Hoppy
Me From Jax
grandmom49
Jeff
connorsgp
Michael55
nancym
44 posters

Page 8 of 27 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 17 ... 27  Next

Go down

New federal benefits legislation for 2010? --Please use this thread for all discussion - Page 8 Empty New federal benefits legislation for 2010?

Post  daytonaman Wed Feb 24, 2010 9:10 pm

Well, I hate to put this out there, Senate Majority Leader Reid brought the SHORT TERM extension to the floor around 6:30, He explained how Thousands upon Thousands of Americans will have no money to pay their bills without this extension, and that he would use that few weeks ( 30 Days ) to discuss a better long term fix, It was immediately Objected to by Republican Senate Minority Leader Jim Bunning of Kentucky, claiming that HE doesn't want his Grand kids to face the burden of More money on the deficit.
Reid made it know that he was upset, and stated that he hoped that the 2 parties could come up with an agreement within the next 12 hours, How is it that ONE mans objection can make 1/2 million Americans a month starting in March through June face homelessness?
daytonaman
daytonaman

Back to top Go down

New federal benefits legislation for 2010? --Please use this thread for all discussion - Page 8 Empty Senate happenings

Post  nancym Wed Feb 24, 2010 9:17 pm

daytonaman--

Thanks for updating us on the blow-by-blow Congressional action. I've been busy with other things and haven't had CSPAN2 on very much.

But who was the one who objected? You didn't say.
nancym
nancym

Back to top Go down

New federal benefits legislation for 2010? --Please use this thread for all discussion - Page 8 Empty Senate happenings

Post  daytonaman Wed Feb 24, 2010 9:34 pm

Nancy, I have NEVER paid so much attention to Senate TV LOL, my days are usually spent looking for work, but this is of MAJOR concern to me & many of us here. So I felt that it would be helpful to post these updates to the extension debate going on. And I will try to do so until we hear a FINAL vote.

It was Senator Minority Leader Jim Bunning from Kentucky, I edited the post to include his reasons why.

Shortly after Reid and Bunning left the floor, senator Dick Durbin (D) Illionois, came on the floor URGING this bill be passed no later than tomorrow at 4:00pm when voting is started again after Obama's Health care summit. He Stated the 10's of thousand of residents and 1.2 Million Americans will face homelessness next month, and how wrong it was for the members of the senate to go home to the comforts while so many Americans are suffering.
daytonaman
daytonaman

Back to top Go down

New federal benefits legislation for 2010? --Please use this thread for all discussion - Page 8 Empty Of course, who else but Jim Bunning

Post  nancym Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:04 pm

This is all so unnecessary with this filibuster. The campaign to change the Senate rules before this session started seems to have died an invisible death. I don't know whether the Dems simply didn't take the initiative to change those rules to a 55 vote for cloture or they figured they couldn't make that change somehow. (I don't know how it is done exactly, by vote or rules committee or what, but if I'm not mistaken any change now has to wait til the next session--unless we are technically still in the same session, will have to check on that!) But this rule of individual KINGS has got to stop. Apparently they couldn't even get the rule changed so that the person who is causing the filibuster even has to be PRESENT!
nancym
nancym

Back to top Go down

New federal benefits legislation for 2010? --Please use this thread for all discussion - Page 8 Empty Re: New federal benefits legislation for 2010? --Please use this thread for all discussion

Post  sc4ram Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:35 pm

Nancy-

The Dems have been bashful about changing the rules of the Senate for several reasons. First, the airwaives have been full of clips today of then Sen. Obama along with then Sen Clinton, Biden, Reid, Dod and a host of others in 2006 decrying the Repubs for conducting a "power grab" for considering changing the fillibuster rule in order to get their judicial nominations confirmed. (the Repubs backed down after they made a deal with the Dems to confirm a partial list of nominees) If the Dems turn around and change the rules for their convenience they will be tared as hyprocrites for life.

The unofficial "Dean" of the Senate, the ailing Sen Robert Bird D-WVA, (who who played a major role writing many of the rules the Senate operates by today including reconciliatoin [a device that allows leglslation to pass the Senate wtih 51 votes by exception]) wrote a letter earlier this year asking the Senate not to change the rules on the fillibuster (in relation to passing health care legislation) .

Yes it would be nice if they would simply pass the extended timeline for the present tier of benefits.

I would offer they could of done that, there was a conpromise jobs bill this month crafted by a compromise effort by Sen Grassley (R-Iowa) and Sen Max Baucus D-Montanna (Chairman of the Finance Commitee) . It had the stuff that the Dems wanted (inc a EUC timeline extension ) and it had some tax cuts for employeers (in addition to what was in the jobs bill that passed this week) .

I heard Minority Leader Sen McConnel say on FNS Sunday that the repubs would allow the bill to be voted on. For whater ever reason Leader Reid pulled that bill , stripped the Unemployment extension and the Repub tax cuts and put the stripped down (Jobs) bill up for a vote and it passed . Now Sen Reid brings out the unemployment extension on its own and it is moving at the usual tortus speed of the Senate (surprised? shouldnt be). So much for compromise.
sc4ram
sc4ram

Back to top Go down

New federal benefits legislation for 2010? --Please use this thread for all discussion - Page 8 Empty Thanks for the merger Nancy!

Post  Unemployed In Orlando Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:39 pm

I appreciate you working on putting this all into one thread, great job! cheers
Unemployed In Orlando
Unemployed In Orlando
Admin

https://unemployed-florida.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

New federal benefits legislation for 2010? --Please use this thread for all discussion - Page 8 Empty RE: Senate Happenings

Post  daytonaman Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:45 pm

These idiotic ridiculous rules and ways these OUR ELECTED OFFICIALS do business is like a grade school classroom with glorified words and terms, and all it does is put stress and worry on US, the people who voted for (hired) them.

It seems the way that the senators whom are for the bill understand the need for extensions, but also additional benefits in the way they are LOUDLY stating that many have expired all benefits and that many are LIVING on Unemployment because they simply can't find a job no matter what education and experience they have or don't have, Senators Reid & Durbin STRESSED that without these benefits they won't have the ability to pay the bills to have homes - they just haven't said the word TIERS.

I'm not sure how much good it will do to keep on calling and faxing these officials, but I think we should all keep calling, ( tell a story of how badly this is affecting your family life) it seems the senators like to read these AMERICAN Heartache stories on the floor at least the democrats do, I haven't heard ONE republican read one. All of us here, and the unemployed across America need to push this up their a$$

I can understand the worry of the burden on our children with the deficit, But what kind of Life can our children be expected to have when the possible shock of their lives coming with homelessness, that's a TRAUMA no child will forget, Perhaps calling the news and explaining to them so it hits the airwaves that 1/2 million Men, Women & CHILDREN will be on the street next month, and the next ,and the next.
Is anyone in congress considering the financial burden MILLIONS of homeless people will bring, they think homelessness is bad now, deny the passage of these extensions, and they will see homelessness multiply in numbers they can't even comprehend.
daytonaman
daytonaman

Back to top Go down

New federal benefits legislation for 2010? --Please use this thread for all discussion - Page 8 Empty Re: New federal benefits legislation for 2010? --Please use this thread for all discussion

Post  Unemployed In Orlando Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:46 pm

Over 50 comment posts on Jims blog post this morning about the extension, wow! I hope some of our crew are the ones giving it back to the flamers Twisted Evil
Unemployed In Orlando
Unemployed In Orlando
Admin

Back to top Go down

New federal benefits legislation for 2010? --Please use this thread for all discussion - Page 8 Empty Jims Blog Post

Post  daytonaman Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:57 pm

Unemployed In Orlando wrote:Over 50 comment posts on Jims blog post this morning about the extension, wow! I hope some of our crew are the ones giving it back to the flamers Twisted Evil

What is the website for Jims Blog, I will gladly post to that!
daytonaman
daytonaman

Back to top Go down

Post  Unemployed In Orlando Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:21 pm

daytonaman wrote:
Unemployed In Orlando wrote:Over 50 comment posts on Jims blog post this morning about the extension, wow! I hope some of our crew are the ones giving it back to the flamers Twisted Evil

Here is the particular post from today with all the comments, youll have to go back and start from the beginning pages of comments, if you havent subscribe then sign up, Jim has been a voice for us for the last year and a half Very Happy

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/news_local_blogonomics/2010/02/unemployment-extension-waiting-for-senate-action.html
Unemployed In Orlando
Unemployed In Orlando
Admin

Back to top Go down

New federal benefits legislation for 2010? --Please use this thread for all discussion - Page 8 Empty Jim's blog

Post  nancym Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:28 pm

daytonaman wrote:

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/news_local_blogonomics/

The one with all the comments is the second blog entry down, but the top one might fill up soon as well.
nancym
nancym

Back to top Go down

New federal benefits legislation for 2010? --Please use this thread for all discussion - Page 8 Empty RE: Jims Blog Post

Post  daytonaman Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:41 pm

Thanks UIO. I have a question for you and Nancy, How would I or we if some would like send a message to the media, News Papers, TV, CNN, All of them explaining it like Nancy did earlier in this post the IMMEDIATE need for additional tiers.

I see endless stories on TV and in newspaper websites from all over the country telling how Millions of Americans will lose benefits in March, they mention the extension in that's on the floor in the senate, but they do not explain that the extension won't help the millions of long term unemployed that will be completely cut off regardless of an extension, and that these million's will Start in March and grow month by month to homeless Unless additional benefit tiers are added.

With that many Angry people facing a life of homelessness, Crime will surely be on the rise ( crime a point my fiance stated she could see rising in a crisis like Millions homeless) Not to mention every Food Bank, Church or Charitable organization across the county that will be overwhelmed with the demand, and not have the supply to keep up.
Perhaps if America heard what can & will happen when the Unemployment crisis turns into a homeless crisis through the media, it might speak much louder to congress the severity of the need for this bill to pass through the end of the year.
Not only will Additional Tiers and extensions keep millions off the street, it puts money into the economy and gives the jobs bill time to get moving,
Just a thought, congress needs to hear a MUCH LOUDER message
daytonaman
daytonaman

Back to top Go down

Post  nancym Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:42 pm

sc4ram wrote:Nancy-

...I heard Minority Leader Sen McConnel say on FNS Sunday that the repubs would allow the bill to be voted on. For whater ever reason Leader Reid pulled that bill , stripped the Unemployment extension and the Repub tax cuts and put the stripped down (Jobs) bill up for a vote and it passed . Now Sen Reid brings out the unemployment extension on its own and it is moving at the usual tortus speed of the Senate (surprised? shouldnt be). So much for compromise.

On the contrary, this recent bill was a bigger victory for bipartisonship, bringing 13 Republicans on board to vote for it. The previous jobs bill was expensive and just loaded with things that had absolutely nothing to do with jobs. This new bill is more focused, targeted, and a better choice.

If the previous bill had passed, we would have been stuck spending that money and the resulting resistance to getting something passed that would actually do something for jobs and the unemployed. It would have put the unemployment benefits issue on the back burner, like it always has--oh, we just spent all that money on the unemployed, would be the refrain. We all know that here, the many times that extending a deadline was interpreted by the press and public as if we all had years of benefits just given to us.

The only thing to regret is if they can't get a vote on the temp 30-day extension to avoid all the technical shut-downs of programs. That would really show the Republicans up for blocking benefits, as exemplified by Jim Bunning!
nancym
nancym

Back to top Go down

Post  Unemployed In Orlando Thu Feb 25, 2010 12:08 am

daytonaman wrote:Thanks UIO. I have a question for you and Nancy, How would I or we if some would like send a message to the media, News Papers, TV, CNN, All of them explaining it like Nancy did earlier in this post the IMMEDIATE need for additional tiers.

I see endless stories on TV and in newspaper websites from all over the country telling how Millions of Americans will lose benefits in March, they mention the extension in that's on the floor in the senate, but they do not explain that the extension won't help the millions of long term unemployed that will be completely cut off regardless of an extension, and that these million's will Start in March and grow month by month to homeless Unless additional benefit tiers are added.

With that many Angry people facing a life of homelessness, Crime will surely be on the rise ( crime a point my fiance stated she could see rising in a crisis like Millions homeless) Not to mention every Food Bank, Church or Charitable organization across the county that will be overwhelmed with the demand, and not have the supply to keep up.
Perhaps if America heard what can & will happen when the Unemployment crisis turns into a homeless crisis through the media, it might speak much louder to congress the severity of the need for this bill to pass through the end of the year.
Not only will Additional Tiers and extensions keep millions off the street, it puts money into the economy and gives the jobs bill time to get moving,
Just a thought, congress needs to hear a MUCH LOUDER message

A good start would be with Jim Stratton from the Orlando Sentinel. Im sure he could present a proper way of contact for the media.

He can be reached at :

JStratton@orlandosentinel.com

407-420-5379 (office)

I will shoot him an email giving him a heads up as well
Unemployed In Orlando
Unemployed In Orlando
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeff Thu Feb 25, 2010 12:20 am

daytonaman wrote:Well, I hate to put this out there, Senate Majority Leader Reid brought the SHORT TERM extension to the floor around 6:30, He explained how Thousands upon Thousands of Americans will have no money to pay their bills without this extension, and that he would use that few weeks ( 30 Days ) to discuss a better long term fix, It was immediately Objected to by Republican Senate Minority Leader Jim Bunning of Kentucky, claiming that HE doesn't want his Grand kids to face the burden of More money on the deficit.
Reid made it know that he was upset, and stated that he hoped that the 2 parties could come up with an agreement within the next 12 hours, How is it that ONE mans objection can make 1/2 million Americans a month starting in March through June face homelessness?

I saw that, and something about it seemed odd. Now that I look back on it, it seemed ridgid, as if it were rehearsed or staged for effect. So I'm guessing, what if Bunning said to Reid in a meeting, [Hey my constituency needs to hear me object to more spending. So let me do that in front of the cameras. Then we can get it passed by thursday of friday].

I'm probably wrong. But something about the matter aside from the obvious threat to the unemployment extension, made me uncomfortable.

Jeff

Back to top Go down

New federal benefits legislation for 2010? --Please use this thread for all discussion - Page 8 Empty RE: Senate Happenings

Post  daytonaman Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:44 am

Wow, does it get any more stressful? Congress may have to delay yet again due to Heavy snow last night, and more today & tonight. If no decision or vote is made before Sunday we are all shit out of luck! Mad

Here's an idea to pay for the added benefits and extensions needed, Put a TARIFF on imports, take the money out of the defense budget, TAKE back the stimulus money that was given to the companies that are laying off thousands and sending jobs out of America ,and place HEAVY and SEVERE fines and tax penalties on any American company that sends jobs out of America
daytonaman
daytonaman

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeff Thu Feb 25, 2010 2:09 pm

daytonaman wrote:Wow, does it get any more stressful? Congress may have to delay yet again due to Heavy snow last night, and more today & tonight. If no decision or vote is made before Sunday we are all shit out of luck! Mad

Here's an idea to pay for the added benefits and extensions needed, Put a TARIFF on imports, take the money out of the defense budget, TAKE back the stimulus money that was given to the companies that are laying off thousands and sending jobs out of America ,and place HEAVY and SEVERE fines and tax penalties on any American company that sends jobs out of America

Seems like good ideas. We really do need to serve and protect our own country.

Jeff

Back to top Go down

Post  sc4ram Thu Feb 25, 2010 4:25 pm

Yes they seem like good ideas on paper, but practice would dictate otherwise. Generally putting tarrifs on imports would cause broad price increases (not desireable on a EUC budget), and cause retaliation by our trading partners by not buying our exports (further loss of jobs) . Also that is exactly what was done on the eve of the Great Depression (Id prefer to keep that memory on the old newsreels).

As far as cutting the Defense budget, there is excess and waste in every government department (Ive dealt with the Defense Dept in my previous careeer and they are no exception). The recently killed F-22 is a great example of a program nobody in the Defense establishment wanted (except the congressmen from whos districts the aircraft was built) but it took them years to kill it (for a budgetary drop in the bucket) . However the US Defense establishment is the only thing that keeps the world from tipping into anarchy. Under the heading of "things could be worse" a major world wide confict would wipe a EUC tier extension way off the front page. Our courageous men and women in Afganistan are doing a great job in trying to reverse that place from sliding back into failed state status where another 9-11 can be planned. There is history here too, the plug was pulled on the Defense budget after WWI, and it can be argued that was a major factor leading to WWII (another memory best left to the newsreels, no need for reruns).
sc4ram
sc4ram

Back to top Go down

New federal benefits legislation for 2010? --Please use this thread for all discussion - Page 8 Empty And to think,I had almost forgotten about this asshat....Ladies and Gentleman...our friend Jon(The Pile)Kyl

Post  GonzoFL Thu Feb 25, 2010 5:33 pm

GonzoFL
GonzoFL

Back to top Go down

New federal benefits legislation for 2010? --Please use this thread for all discussion - Page 8 Empty Latest NELP Email 2/25

Post  Unemployed In Orlando Thu Feb 25, 2010 6:47 pm

Heres the latest NELP email I just received for those who do not subscribe -

Friends -

We want to leave you with the latest update on the extension efforts in DC along with an URGENT call to action between today and tomorrow.

As of yesterday, the Senate was looking to pass a 30-day stopgap measure in efforts to ensure that there is no lapse in unemployment benefit payments. This is a major priority for millions of you who could lose a viable safety net in this tough economy without swift Congressional action. We are well aware that the 30-day extension isn't a long-term solution to the current economic crisis, but we were pleased that Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid announced that after this stopgap, he would do his part to press for an unemployment benefit extension through December of this year along with legislation slated to help long-term unemployed workers. Reid's second course of action involved suggesting a full-year extension of unemployment insurance and a 65% COBRA subsidy. Find out more about Reid's plans here.

Last night, Senator Harry Reid's attempt to move a 30 day extension of UI and COBRA was met with an objection by Senator Jim Bunning (R-KY), who complained that the 30 day extension would not be paid for with another offset. Today, however, Senator Jon Kyl's (R-AZ) office is telling people that they are holding up the extension as leverage to get a further repeal of the estate tax. Right now, the 1.2 million workers who will lose benefits in March, as well as their families and their communities, are being held hostage by partisan attempts to gain an advantage for the families of deceased multi-millionaires.

YOU DESERVE BETTER THAN THIS. And the Senate needs to know this. They are running out of time to get this extension done, and the House of Representatives needs to still take action as well. We need you to call your Senators, from whatever party, and tell them to get this done. We also need you to contact the Senate Republican Leadership, Senators McConnell (R-KY), (202) 224-2541, and Kyl, (202) 224-4521, and let them know that this kind of obstructionism cannot be tolerated at a moment of such crisis for so many.
We'll update you as soon as we know anything else.
In the meantime, please keep the calls and emails going, and check our blog.

Your friends at unemployedworkers.org
Unemployed In Orlando
Unemployed In Orlando
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Hoppy Thu Feb 25, 2010 9:17 pm

The latest NELP email was very interesting and [somewhat] hopeful. But I am curious as to the following taken from that email:

"We are well aware that the 30-day extension isn't a long-term solution to the current economic crisis, but we were pleased that Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid announced that after this stopgap, he would do his part to press for an unemployment benefit extension through December of this year along with legislation slated to help long-term unemployed workers."

I followed the link in the email to read the rest of Reid's plans in the Huffington Post but I didn't find any clarification regarding "legislation slated to help long-term unemployed workers".

Has anyone here heard or read anything about this legislation?

And what the hell is this about??? Unbelievable! Evil or Very Mad

"...Senator Jim Bunning (R-KY), who complained that the 30 day extension would not be paid for with another offset. Today, however, Senator Jon Kyl's (R-AZ) office is telling people that they are holding up the extension as leverage to get a further repeal of the estate tax. Right now, the 1.2 million workers who will lose benefits in March, as well as their families and their communities, are being held hostage by partisan attempts to gain an advantage for the families of deceased multi-millionaires."
Hoppy
Hoppy

Back to top Go down

Post  Unemployed In Orlando Thu Feb 25, 2010 9:39 pm

Hoppy wrote:The latest NELP email was very interesting and [somewhat] hopeful. But I am curious as to the following taken from that email:

"We are well aware that the 30-day extension isn't a long-term solution to the current economic crisis, but we were pleased that Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid announced that after this stopgap, he would do his part to press for an unemployment benefit extension through December of this year along with legislation slated to help long-term unemployed workers."

I followed the link in the email to read the rest of Reid's plans in the Huffington Post but I didn't find any clarification regarding "legislation slated to help long-term unemployed workers".

Has anyone here heard or read anything about this legislation?

And what the hell is this about??? Unbelievable! Evil or Very Mad

"...Senator Jim Bunning (R-KY), who complained that the 30 day extension would not be paid for with another offset. Today, however, Senator Jon Kyl's (R-AZ) office is telling people that they are holding up the extension as leverage to get a further repeal of the estate tax. Right now, the 1.2 million workers who will lose benefits in March, as well as their families and their communities, are being held hostage by partisan attempts to gain an advantage for the families of deceased multi-millionaires."

Many people are getting an extension of eligibility confused with an extension of additional weeks. Many people, such as myself havent exhausted tiers 2 or 3 much less the 6 week 4th tier. Meaning come next week, we are toast unless the eligibility can be extended. Heres pretty much the plan as Ive understood so far :

5 step problem solving..

1 - Identify the root cause = EUC tiers expiring leaving millions without benefits

2 - Apply a quick fix (bandaid) = 30 day eligibility extension

3 - Identify the root cause = Unemployment continues to rise and jobs are still not out there

4 - Implement corrective action = Push for an extension of eligibility through December 2010 so that those who are collecting benefits from the established programs may continue to collect benefits and not just lose out on the programs.

5 - Evaluate and follow up = .......this remains to be seen Idea
Unemployed In Orlando
Unemployed In Orlando
Admin

Back to top Go down

New federal benefits legislation for 2010? --Please use this thread for all discussion - Page 8 Empty long term unemployed

Post  daytonaman Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:33 pm

I just ran a search on the legislation for the long term unemployed, I found a comment on unemployed friends forum, a bit confusing:

and....... WHEN is this 'legislation to help the long term unemployed' suppose to and WILL actually be introduced as a written bill by someone in congress/senate, which democratic legislature is going to take the bull by the horns and start a bill.. Again, the big question here is WHEN and what will the specifics be, obviously another tier of some sort but exactly what and more importantly WHEN!!!!!!!!!

It's all rhetoric and talk folks, sorry to say but reportings are starting to sound like that, only reportings and we gotta get more info. here for our sake and on our behalf over the next week to week and a half, we must get a bill passed by April 1st, I can envision and sense things and its going to get very very very ugly come April if NOTHING IS NOT PASSED.

Web link: http://unemployed-friends.forumotion.com/unemployment-chit-chat-f1/latest-letter-from-national-employment-law-to-congress-t3963.htm

Read through the comments

Last edited by daytonaman on Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:34 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : To include the web link)
daytonaman
daytonaman

Back to top Go down

New federal benefits legislation for 2010? --Please use this thread for all discussion - Page 8 Empty Senate Happenings 2/25

Post  daytonaman Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:16 pm

A Massive debate in the senate on the 30 day extension right now, Bunning keeps objecting, almost 3 hours, every democrat is BLASTING Bunning, it's actually interesting, for the 1st time in a week of watching this.

11:06, and this is still going on, this Bunning won't quit, and the dems are still fighting back, they said they said they will go all night, and the dems mentioned read a letter from a woman who's benefits have expired Aug 09, the dems said that they must pass this 30 day to get her benefits back
daytonaman
daytonaman

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeff Fri Feb 26, 2010 1:28 am

daytonaman wrote:A Massive debate in the senate on the 30 day extension right now, Bunning keeps objecting, almost 3 hours, every democrat is BLASTING Bunning, it's actually interesting, for the 1st time in a week of watching this.

11:06, and this is still going on, this Bunning won't quit, and the dems are still fighting back, they said they said they will go all night, and the dems mentioned read a letter from a woman who's benefits have expired Aug 09, the dems said that they must pass this 30 day to get her benefits back

My Fiance and I have been watching it all night too. I'm a Republican, and this Bunning guy is being a real jerk. This guy has voted multiple times on past bills for a variety of purposes putting our nation in debt. Yet now he's objecting to the extension because it adds to the debt! Someone ought to slip him a mickey, so the bill can proceed.

Jeff

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 27 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 17 ... 27  Next