Unemployed Florida

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Unemployed Florida
Unemployed Florida
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

General EB Discussion - Ongoing

+87
snugglebear
Ar
frogpatch
Evelyn
Michael55
rosemary
Steve_
MerryL
gaineslady
UEINFL
ThatGirl03
Chris U.
michelle
jessica2009
hsd
Judy
Unemployed Mamma
sharonB
grandmom49
Hoppy
scrappy367
LindaLou
connorsgp
Sheila
studioWI
nanny
stein113
jamfaf
Jeff
eitherhalf
John in Orlando
frustratedinfl
kittyg59
Montanakat
maybee
jim jam
jim stratton
jkaplan2195
Beaches
dzabuk
Kirby
johnhwclarke
DisneyDean
garyb
Marc
waybol
GonzoFL
riceckr
Me From Jax
anotherunemployed
Robbi314
RobinSamRyan
SaraJ
surfer
sc4ram
waiting in St Lucie
waiting
pyrox
barbi65
katie
ddee2026
gregFL
irwinojames
nancym
elissa
daytonawanda
Teresa
brb2007
Robyn
LJ
marryp2007
jax123
jon813
floridagirl
Jenn
Cam in FL
Tampa Bay - Anna
hungry in orange city
suicidal
Jacqui
sherbetarchitect
ArleneG
J in FL
trishl127
A-A-A-A79
Maggi MIami
Unemployed In Orlando
91 posters

Page 8 of 27 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 17 ... 27  Next

Go down

General EB Discussion - Ongoing - Page 8 Empty just filed for obama

Post  pyrox Thu Jul 23, 2009 7:53 pm

i claimed tuesday for my last $138.00 that was left over from my last extension, so i filed for eb benefits on wednesday, i heard it takes 3 weeks or more before you hear from awi, is this true?

pyrox

Back to top Go down

General EB Discussion - Ongoing - Page 8 Empty Re: General EB Discussion - Ongoing

Post  Unemployed In Orlando Thu Jul 23, 2009 8:14 pm

pyrox wrote:i claimed tuesday for my last $138.00 that was left over from my last extension, so i filed for eb benefits on wednesday, i heard it takes 3 weeks or more before you hear from awi, is this true?

You should know something within 14 days after you file according to the EB information I received.
Unemployed In Orlando
Unemployed In Orlando
Admin

https://unemployed-florida.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

General EB Discussion - Ongoing - Page 8 Empty Re: General EB Discussion - Ongoing

Post  waiting Thu Jul 23, 2009 8:33 pm

i applied for eb on 6/16 it let me claim from 3/22/09-6/06/09 when my account was updated and i was able to claim on 7/15 and it had me reclaim those wks as well as theb wks of 6/07-7/11 and i was sent out a dd for 2wks on 7/15 and another for 3wks on 7/16 i worked a seasonal job from 4/22/09-5/08/09 and i was tottaly employed before and after this time look at a calander these wks fell within those 5wks i received a payment for but my claim was still flagged after i received a payment i spoked to someone and he removed the flags or at least he told me he did but after i spoke to him my next day to claim changed from the 7/13 to 7/27 but i still havent received any other payments does anyone have any info for me or has anyone else exprienced this cause 3/22-4/22 is 4 and a half wks help please im really confused and freakin out thank you anyone

waiting

Back to top Go down

Post  Robyn Thu Jul 23, 2009 10:22 pm

Unemployed In Orlando wrote:Hang in there Robyn. I am in the same boat. I had worked a "temp" job over the 2008 holidays and made about $1100 in 2 weeks. Now I have a new year for benefits as of 7/1/09 even though I still am unemployed since 1/08 other than the temp work. This new claim only pays out $87 a week for 10 weeks, even though I was paid EB retro up till 7/1. My EB credits then went poof and this is BS. I have been working on this for over a week now. Looks like appeals is the only road I can head down. Total crap if you ask me. Temp work shouldnt affect this, but somehow this wonderful 30 year old software they use has managed to cause a big fucking headache.... Mad

FYI the temp work was reported last december and the appropriate deductions were taken out of the claim at that time, but since the employer paid something, I cant imagine much, the system shows them in my wage transcripts. affraid

UIO, sorry about the mess.. Yes, try the appeals route. Many people are hesitant to report temp earnings, tips etc to avoid what u described, and they take their chances when the amount is small. I was paid this year for work completed last year (a few hundred, no w/h) and did not report cuz it was earned early in 2008. Hope nothing gets screwed up. Between the old software and uninformed state workers, it's a miracle we've seen anything!

Robyn

Back to top Go down

Post  waiting in St Lucie Fri Jul 24, 2009 1:21 pm

ddee2026 wrote:Hi
I filed for my extension on 6/2/09. I have heard nothing except for the paper application packet a few weeks ago. I thought the application were being processed in the order that they were received, but it appears that is incorrect being that some people filed late June and have already received thier retro weeks.

Do you think I should start making calls. Any ideas?

Thanks
Debbie

You might want to call AWI and ask them to check on the Application you filled out. I filed on the 2nd of June and called every week to find out what the status was and was told the it was being "processed" This tuesday when I called the lady who answered was nice enough to check on my application and she told me that I had filed the wrong application and I had to go back online and file the EB application again which I did and now I am still waiting. Hope this helps

waiting in St Lucie

Back to top Go down

Post  ddee2026 Fri Jul 24, 2009 1:44 pm

Thanks for the help. After waiting 1 hour and 12 minutes on hold Wednesday morning, I spoke to William. He said that he did see the application that I filed on 6/2 and it still had not been processed. I asked him why and he put me on hold for another 10 minutes to speak to a supervisor. He could not give me a reason for the delay, but he said that his supervisor approved the application and a check would be processed for 7 weeks (my last check for the 2nd extension was April 14th). He told me that the system would update overnight and I would then be able to claim weeks from 5/31 to current. Ofcourse, I checked the sytem about 1 billion times on Thursday and nothing. Today, still nothing. I have tried to call all day, but the phones are busy.

I am about to lose my car. This is nuts!

ddee2026

Back to top Go down

Post  waiting in St Lucie Fri Jul 24, 2009 4:54 pm

ddee2026 wrote:Thanks for the help. After waiting 1 hour and 12 minutes on hold Wednesday morning, I spoke to William. He said that he did see the application that I filed on 6/2 and it still had not been processed. I asked him why and he put me on hold for another 10 minutes to speak to a supervisor. He could not give me a reason for the delay, but he said that his supervisor approved the application and a check would be processed for 7 weeks (my last check for the 2nd extension was April 14th). He told me that the system would update overnight and I would then be able to claim weeks from 5/31 to current. Ofcourse, I checked the sytem about 1 billion times on Thursday and nothing. Today, still nothing. I have tried to call all day, but the phones are busy.

I am about to lose my car. This is nuts!

Totally nuts, nothing like hurry up and wait. I guess we just have to keep calling them.

waiting in St Lucie

Back to top Go down

Post  Maggi MIami Fri Jul 24, 2009 6:12 pm

HELLOO UIO!!!! guess what! i received in mail now a Claim Certification Sheet with a Worksheet to write two weeks of jobs researched!!!!! it brings on the top part the certification thingie for this past two weeks, as i am supposed to claim next on 7/28, then in the middle it has the worksheet for me to add the jobs i have researched these past two weeks, it asks for two search jobs for each week, i put about 3 on one and 4 on the other week. My question is, it also asks for you to either certify your weeks in that sheet or certify online, i always do it online, so i guess i will just mail the sheet with the job info and call as usual on the 28th. Has anyone received this sort of thing yet??????
Maggi MIami
Maggi MIami

Back to top Go down

Post  Maggi MIami Fri Jul 24, 2009 6:14 pm

By the way!!! the places where you have to fill in the job info are sooo small you can't even write in them, incredible!
Maggi MIami
Maggi MIami

Back to top Go down

Post  sc4ram Fri Jul 24, 2009 6:35 pm

Hi Maggie-

I too received the same form in the mail today. It says on the top to either mail in the form or input on line. (I plan to do the latter on Tuesday)
sc4ram
sc4ram

Back to top Go down

Post  Unemployed In Orlando Fri Jul 24, 2009 7:00 pm

Maggi MIami wrote:HELLOO UIO!!!! guess what! i received in mail now a Claim Certification Sheet with a Worksheet to write two weeks of jobs researched!!!!! it brings on the top part the certification thingie for this past two weeks, as i am supposed to claim next on 7/28, then in the middle it has the worksheet for me to add the jobs i have researched these past two weeks, it asks for two search jobs for each week, i put about 3 on one and 4 on the other week. My question is, it also asks for you to either certify your weeks in that sheet or certify online, i always do it online, so i guess i will just mail the sheet with the job info and call as usual on the 28th. Has anyone received this sort of thing yet??????

Maggi, hold off on sending that in, from what I have heard you will be able to put in those jobs researched in online, the paper forms for those without internet access. You can see more in the work certification forms thread Very Happy
Unemployed In Orlando
Unemployed In Orlando
Admin

Back to top Go down

General EB Discussion - Ongoing - Page 8 Empty Another determination notice?

Post  Robyn Sat Jul 25, 2009 4:21 pm

So i was hoping to get dd after my calls. The extended emerg tier is almost over and every penny is needed. instead i have another Notice of Determination stating that as of 6/28/09 "Earnings requirement was not met." Then "determination does not effect receipt of emergency unemployment". (That's what i'm on!!) But determination can be appealed.
I filed nothing except the original claim 1 yr ago, so is the system this screwed up??! My online acct says to call that 800 #, but its said that for weeks. I was told by supervisors by phone that I had a remaining balance to claim, claimed regular wks by phone, was told i'd get direct dep ... Nothing got deposited.
If getting thru the end of the last tier of emergency UC is this hard, i can't imagine EB..

Last edited by Robyn on Wed Sep 30, 2009 4:22 am; edited 1 time in total

Robyn

Back to top Go down

General EB Discussion - Ongoing - Page 8 Empty where did everybody go?

Post  elissa Mon Jul 27, 2009 10:06 am

Hello out there!! I hope everybody is ok for the most part.
I was supposed to claim my weeks this morning the 27th and the sytem would not let me ."if there are no weeks avalible for you to claim call but the numbers they give go right to busy signal!!!!!!

I am sorry for what they are doing to you UIO, that is got to be the biggest BS ever and now this takes the cake.. Did anyone else have trouble getting in to claim weeks this morning?????

Geeeees even my dog is getting diareah from the stress. Darn them anyway!!! Mad

elissa

Back to top Go down

Post  Unemployed In Orlando Mon Jul 27, 2009 10:28 am

elissa wrote:Hello out there!! I hope everybody is ok for the most part.
I was supposed to claim my weeks this morning the 27th and the sytem would not let me ."if there are no weeks avalible for you to claim call but the numbers they give go right to busy signal!!!!!!

I am sorry for what they are doing to you UIO, that is got to be the biggest BS ever and now this takes the cake.. Did anyone else have trouble getting in to claim weeks this morning?????

Geeeees even my dog is getting diareah from the stress. Darn them anyway!!! Mad

I was able to claim 7/18 and 7/25 today, no input for the weekly job search record, although another person was prompted for this (posted in weekly work claim forms thread). Hopefully I can successfully appeal. Right now its $87 a week for 10 weeks on the new benefit year crap they started blahhh affraid
Unemployed In Orlando
Unemployed In Orlando
Admin

Back to top Go down

General EB Discussion - Ongoing - Page 8 Empty Extended Benefit weekly claim certification

Post  elissa Mon Jul 27, 2009 7:54 pm

Came in the mail today, which was sort of a relief after not being about to access my online claim capability this morning or all day. Anyway, yes the spaces are too small for the info they require; there is also a major typo on the sheet. They have week 1 as beginning 7/12 09 ending 7/18/09 and then again they call week 1 the following 2 weeks which are 7/19/09- 7/25/09.

I just corrected their typo and sent it out. So now I have to wait til it gets to Talahassee and they process a payment, they are in no big hurry to get the funds out. Snail mail.

elissa

Back to top Go down

General EB Discussion - Ongoing - Page 8 Empty update today

Post  elissa Tue Jul 28, 2009 6:47 pm

I got the search form letter yesterday and mailed, then today I checked claim my weeks and it allowed me to claim weeks and add work searches online. The biggest problem I had was finding job order numbers, addresses and Contact names. 5 searches took me 2 hours to fill in , so naturally I missed a face to face job contact this morning. After all that, the system told me nothing except “system down right now due to processing of payments,” did anyone else get that message? Is that OK or bad?

Update con't

Ok I just rechecked and after all that hulabaloo and jumping through the job search hoop ,my info says I only am getting a check for 1 week, has that happened to anyone else?

elissa

Back to top Go down

General EB Discussion - Ongoing - Page 8 Empty one week paid con't

Post  elissa Wed Jul 29, 2009 9:58 am

I called this morning because after claiming my 2 weeks yesterday I was only told I would recieve one week. After 40 minutes on hold I found out that in some cases the system is paying one check and then 2 days later another check.
So if you see that after claiming 2 weeks and only recieve information that you are receiving one week be patient the other week will be processed 2 days or so after that.

UIO any luck/news with your appeal?

elissa

Back to top Go down

Post  Unemployed In Orlando Wed Jul 29, 2009 10:02 am

elissa wrote:I called this morning because after claiming my 2 weeks yesterday I was only told I would recieve one week. After 40 minutes on hold I found out that in some cases the system is paying one check and then 2 days later another check.
So if you see that after claiming 2 weeks and only recieve information that you are receiving one week be patient the other week will be processed 2 days or so after that.

UIO any luck/news with your appeal?

Not news this week, they said it could take 2-4 weeks. Its such BS. I can only draw $87 a week until I hopefully get this done. I cant beleive 2 weeks of temp work last holiday is doing this. affraid
Unemployed In Orlando
Unemployed In Orlando
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  jax123 Wed Jul 29, 2009 1:33 pm

I just wanted to give everyone another update. Last week i received my 1st check for 1 week and the website showed that the balance of 12 weeks was sent on the 23rd but as of today I have not received anything in the mail or direct deposit, so I called the direct deposit # on this site and spoke with someone that told me they were still trying to communicate with my bank(whatever that means). So I called my bank and told them of the situation and they said that they sent a test ebt thru on the 23rd but no funds were transfered so it looks like im playing the waiting game once again. I did get some good new's on monday though. I got a call for an interview with Wells Fargo last week and aced the phone and 2nd interview and they called me Friday to offer me a job so i start on 8/10 and let me tell you its a load off of my mind and im grateful I do not have to deal with unemployment any longer.To everyone else out there I wish the best for you in your hunt for employment and dealing with this government bureaucracy that we all have had to deal with, all I can say though is im glad its over for me because it has been a difficult situation to say the least.

jax123

Back to top Go down

Post  Robyn Wed Jul 29, 2009 2:13 pm

jax123 wrote:I just wanted to give everyone another update. Last week i received my 1st check for 1 week and the website showed that the balance of 12 weeks was sent on the 23rd but as of today I have not received anything in the mail or direct deposit, so I called the direct deposit # on this site and spoke with someone that told me they were still trying to communicate with my bank(whatever that means). So I called my bank and told them of the situation and they said that they sent a test ebt thru on the 23rd but no funds were transfered so it looks like im playing the waiting game once again. I did get some good new's on monday though. I got a call for an interview with Wells Fargo last week and aced the phone and 2nd interview and they called me Friday to offer me a job so i start on 8/10 and let me tell you its a load off of my mind and im grateful I do not have to deal with unemployment any longer.To everyone else out there I wish the best for you in your hunt for employment and dealing with this government bureaucracy that we all have had to deal with, all I can say though is im glad its over for me because it has been a difficult situation to say the least.

Congratulations!! Thanks for your story, I needed to hear it. I'm still waiting for to EUC dd and it's not gonna happen in my lifetime. The waiting game is killing my confidence, so thanks for sharing good news! I'm so happy for you!
cheers

Robyn

Back to top Go down

Post  Unemployed In Orlando Wed Jul 29, 2009 3:47 pm

Awesome JAX!!!! Im glad to hear the good news!! Very Happy
Unemployed In Orlando
Unemployed In Orlando
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  pyrox Wed Jul 29, 2009 4:46 pm

pyrox wrote:i claimed tuesday for my last $138.00 that was left over from my last extension, so i filed for eb benefits on wednesday, i heard it takes 3 weeks or more before you hear from awi, is this true?

checked my account today to see if it was updated for the eb and it was. say i got 5200.00. also gotmy letter stateing i am intitled to eb...though it ws takeing 3 weeks or more,, but my prayers were answered.but after this it is all over for me unless there is another extension or i get lucky and find a job. i have been out of work since may of last year and i have applyed for 158 jobs on line and in person but no luck..

pyrox

Back to top Go down

Post  Robyn Thu Jul 30, 2009 7:28 pm

pyrox wrote:

checked my account today to see if it was updated for the eb and it was. say i got 5200.00. also gotmy letter stateing i am intitled to eb...though it ws takeing 3 weeks or more,, but my prayers were answered.but after this it is all over for me unless there is another extension or i get lucky and find a job. i have been out of work since may of last year and i have applyed for 158 jobs on line and in person but no luck..

This is great! I love these stories! I'm still not in the system and it's a struggle, but it will happen... And Pyrox, it will work out for you...we have to stay positive. My good friend just started a new job after looking for 11 months all over the U.S. He was standing at a deli counter in a store near his house, started talking to a guy also waiting, and this person called him the next day to officially interview at the radio station where he works. you never know what can and will happen!

Robyn

Back to top Go down

General EB Discussion - Ongoing - Page 8 Empty $25 question

Post  gregFL Sat Aug 01, 2009 1:59 am

Hello all,

I have 1 more week to claim, bal. is only $38.
does anyone think i'll still get the $25 also for that week?
ThanksInAdvance
gregFL
gregFL

Back to top Go down

Post  Unemployed In Orlando Sat Aug 01, 2009 9:13 am

gregFL wrote:Hello all,

I have 1 more week to claim, bal. is only $38.
does anyone think i'll still get the $25 also for that week?
ThanksInAdvance

Yeah you should get the $25 for a total of $63. Very Happy
Unemployed In Orlando
Unemployed In Orlando
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 27 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 17 ... 27  Next