Unemployed Florida

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Unemployed Florida
Unemployed Florida
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

General EB Discussion - Ongoing

+87
snugglebear
Ar
frogpatch
Evelyn
Michael55
rosemary
Steve_
MerryL
gaineslady
UEINFL
ThatGirl03
Chris U.
michelle
jessica2009
hsd
Judy
Unemployed Mamma
sharonB
grandmom49
Hoppy
scrappy367
LindaLou
connorsgp
Sheila
studioWI
nanny
stein113
jamfaf
Jeff
eitherhalf
John in Orlando
frustratedinfl
kittyg59
Montanakat
maybee
jim jam
jim stratton
jkaplan2195
Beaches
dzabuk
Kirby
johnhwclarke
DisneyDean
garyb
Marc
waybol
GonzoFL
riceckr
Me From Jax
anotherunemployed
Robbi314
RobinSamRyan
SaraJ
surfer
sc4ram
waiting in St Lucie
waiting
pyrox
barbi65
katie
ddee2026
gregFL
irwinojames
nancym
elissa
daytonawanda
Teresa
brb2007
Robyn
LJ
marryp2007
jax123
jon813
floridagirl
Jenn
Cam in FL
Tampa Bay - Anna
hungry in orange city
suicidal
Jacqui
sherbetarchitect
ArleneG
J in FL
trishl127
A-A-A-A79
Maggi MIami
Unemployed In Orlando
91 posters

Page 17 of 27 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 22 ... 27  Next

Go down

General EB Discussion - Ongoing - Page 17 Empty melody called

Post  eitherhalf Tue Sep 22, 2009 12:04 pm

Just got a call from Melody. She explained that I am, in fact, on the first extension for unemployment compensation. If you continue to qualify after the initial state benefits – which can be up to 26 weeks – have exhausted, you will be set up on Tier 1 of EUC which is payable for up to 20 weeks. The second extension is Tier 2 of EUC which is payable for up to 13 weeks. Both Tier 1 and Tier 2 of EUC are Federal extensions. Once those two extensions have exhausted, you can file for EB (Extended Benefits) – which will be available until the end of the year. (EB is a state extension, and even if you have been on UC through the three programs I just mentioned, you will have to file a separate application for EB, since enrollment is not automatic, like in the others.) The first tier of EUC is 80% of your original benefits, the second is 50% and EB is another 80%. This all adds up the maximum of up to 79 weeks depending on your original available credits. Only the state extension (EB) will be unavailable after the end of this year. Both federal extensions will be available well into next year, and there is a bill, HR 3548, currently being discussed in Washington . I am sure you guys know more about that here than I do. Anyway, that’s the scoop I got, hope this helps.

eitherhalf

Back to top Go down

General EB Discussion - Ongoing - Page 17 Empty Re: General EB Discussion - Ongoing

Post  nancym Tue Sep 22, 2009 1:15 pm

eitherhalf wrote:Just got a call from Melody. She explained that I am, in fact, on the first extension for unemployment compensation. ... Anyway, that’s the scoop I got, hope this helps.

eitherhalf--

Thank you VERY much for getting back to us with your very clear synopsis. That will help clear up any confusion, especially for any people still getting or about to get the EUC benefits (Tier1/Tier2).

Some recent posts seemed to indicate that the original 13 weeks that most of us got back in the summer of 2008 was no longer available, but apparently it still is, at least for those in your stage of benefits. Possibly the confusion has been that they now refer to Tier 1 as 20 weeks, combining the summer 13 with the start of the added 7 that didnt' start for most of us until Dec of 2008. (Then Tier 2 added an extra 13.)

I will make a note on my original "Sequence of benefits" post about this, and we'll see if the issues for some recent posters are cleared up in this same fashion.
nancym
nancym

Back to top Go down

General EB Discussion - Ongoing - Page 17 Empty Re: General EB Discussion - Ongoing

Post  Unemployed In Orlando Tue Sep 22, 2009 4:21 pm

Yeah I learned after my recertification that all EUC and reg claim benefits must be used before drawing EB. Im wondering once they start the new EUC, will it temporarily suspend EB payments until those new credits are used? This is going to be interesting to watch unfold with AWI, I'm even going to start a new thread for EUC-2 Flags once everything is in place. I bet this will be our newest next issue ie. Retro weeks, work search req etc. Evil or Very Mad
Unemployed In Orlando
Unemployed In Orlando
Admin

https://unemployed-florida.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  nancym Tue Sep 22, 2009 4:39 pm

Unemployed In Orlando wrote:Yeah I learned after my recertification that all EUC and reg claim benefits must be used before drawing EB. Im wondering once they start the new EUC, will it temporarily suspend EB payments until those new credits are used? This is going to be interesting to watch unfold with AWI, I'm even going to start a new thread for EUC-2 Flags once everything is in place. I bet this will be our newest next issue ie. Retro weeks, work search req etc. Evil or Very Mad

Yup. I doubt the state would actually interrupt an existing EB benefits award to switch to EUC, but that is a good question for people who are not yet on EB, whether they would jump immediately to that added 13 weeks of EUC before having to apply for EB, which runs out at the end of this year. That would make sense since the EUC accounts are already set up, and the bill says it will just add money to those accounts. But if the EB program is not extended, that might leave those folks with no EB at all. (I don't think that will happen, but there might be delays to endure for that new legislation in the winter.)

If you and I are wondering about this now, it's a sure thing that there will be questions about this on the board when the bill passes!
nancym
nancym

Back to top Go down

Post  nanny Wed Sep 23, 2009 7:56 am

eitherhalf wrote:Just got a call from Melody. She explained that I am, in fact, on the first extension for unemployment compensation. If you continue to qualify after the initial state benefits – which can be up to 26 weeks – have exhausted, you will be set up on Tier 1 of EUC which is payable for up to 20 weeks. The second extension is Tier 2 of EUC which is payable for up to 13 weeks. Both Tier 1 and Tier 2 of EUC are Federal extensions. Once those two extensions have exhausted, you can file for EB (Extended Benefits) – which will be available until the end of the year. (EB is a state extension, and even if you have been on UC through the three programs I just mentioned, you will have to file a separate application for EB, since enrollment is not automatic, like in the others.) The first tier of EUC is 80% of your original benefits, the second is 50% and EB is another 80%. This all adds up the maximum of up to 79 weeks depending on your original available credits. Only the state extension (EB) will be unavailable after the end of this year. Both federal extensions will be available well into next year, and there is a bill, HR 3548, currently being discussed in Washington . I am sure you guys know more about that here than I do. Anyway, that’s the scoop I got, hope this helps.

All this unemployment filing is new to me have never been layed off before from any job. I got layed off April 18th this year and was wondering how long I would be able to collect unemployment as job search doesn't seem to be going to well for me.

*ADMIN EDIT - Moved post content into text box from subject line Very Happy

Last edited by Unemployed In Orlando on Wed Sep 23, 2009 8:36 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Post Format)

nanny

http://ladysanddollar@yahoo.com

Back to top Go down

Post  nanny Wed Sep 23, 2009 8:02 am

Robbi314 wrote:I agree. And she also asked me why I only apply online for jobs, and I told her I can't afford to aimlessly drive around door ro door hoping to find something. The newspaper is 1 page of jobs, where it used to be a thick section in the Sunday paper. I also reminded her the unemployment rate is over 10% so there's a REALLY GOOD reason it's hard to find anything. Especially for someone who is older. If they give me any shit, I'm going to appeal it and fight for what I am entitled to. After being in the workforce for over 40 years, I view these benefits as a RIGHT not a PRIVILEGE!!

I agree with you first time I have ever filed unemployment in my 35 years of working I feel like I am entitled to this too. And you are right jobs are scarce out there there are not enough jobs for the young let alone the older folks like us.

*ADMIN EDIT - Corrected again Very Happy

Last edited by Unemployed In Orlando on Wed Sep 23, 2009 8:37 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Post Format)

nanny

http://ladysanddollar@yahoo.com

Back to top Go down

General EB Discussion - Ongoing - Page 17 Empty Correct Posting Format

Post  Unemployed In Orlando Wed Sep 23, 2009 8:40 am

Nanny, Just an FYI - When you reply to a post, please post your text into the large white box and not into the subject box, (subjects show up as a dark link and harder for people to read). If replying, post your content text after the last "quote" box. Very Happy
Unemployed In Orlando
Unemployed In Orlando
Admin

Back to top Go down

General EB Discussion - Ongoing - Page 17 Empty EB Extention

Post  elissa Wed Sep 23, 2009 12:37 pm

Does anybody know what happened after the vote? Can anybody bring us up to speed? Do we have to wait for a letter? Question

*ADMIN EDIT - Please stay on topic, there are a ton of posts on the new extension under the Senate Bills etc thread,

Last edited by Unemployed In Orlando on Wed Sep 23, 2009 3:56 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Wrong thread)

elissa

Back to top Go down

General EB Discussion - Ongoing - Page 17 Empty Extended Benefits

Post  studioWI Wed Sep 23, 2009 1:36 pm

Hi all--

A desperate noob here seeking a few simple answers. My "regular" unemployment claim ended back in early August (08-03-09). My "benefit year" began in May of 2008 (05-25-08). I just applied (online) for "extended benefits." (Which I had no idea was available.) My questions are:

Does EB differ from regular unemployment?
From the info given, do I even appear to be eligible for EB?
How long does the determination process take?

I'm sorry if I appear anxious, but quiet desperation is slowly becoming silent despair. Any info/insight would be greatly appreciated. Thanks all.

(Mods: Please move to the appropriate area. Sorry.)

Last edited by studioWI on Wed Sep 23, 2009 1:39 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Posted to incorrect area)

studioWI

Back to top Go down

Post  GonzoFL Wed Sep 23, 2009 3:03 pm

studioWI wrote:Hi all--

A desperate noob here seeking a few simple answers. My "regular" unemployment claim ended back in early August (08-03-09). My "benefit year" began in May of 2008 (05-25-08). I just applied (online) for "extended benefits." (Which I had no idea was available.) My questions are:

Does EB differ from regular unemployment?
From the info given, do I even appear to be eligible for EB?
How long does the determination process take?

I'm sorry if I appear anxious, but quiet desperation is slowly becoming silent despair. Any info/insight would be greatly appreciated. Thanks all.

(Mods: Please move to the appropriate area. Sorry.)

StudioWI:

You should have been notified by Florida AWI of your eligibility for EB. It appears they missed you...imagine that. Anyway,I don't see why you wouldn't be eligible for EB.
EB is a bit different than the regular or EUC extensions. You will have to fill out job searches(2 per week on DIFFERENT days) either by phone,fax,e-mail,in person,carrier pigeon and so on. Other than that...it's pretty much the same process. You have to either file for your weeks on line or by mail...you cannot file by phone. Sorry you didn't know about this sooner,you would already be collecting benefits. AWI normally process's with 14 days...sometimes even sooner. Good luck and if you have more problems or questions just ask. I would also like to welcome you to this forum...you will find good info here and some very intelligent people here. The good people on this forum,through our contacts, own personal knowledge and research were able to stop the State of Florida from delaying our EB checks so that they could verify job searches. A reporter from the Orlando Sentinel(Jim Stratton,who is also a member here) called this forum "A stone in Florida AWI's shoe". A greater compliment I have never heard cheers

[Sorry to intrude here guys, but I just wanted to point out for other readers that "regular" benefits are followed by EUC, EB comes after that. At first I thought it was a typo, but it seems that studioWI was referring to finishing EUC at the end of August. If anyone applies for EB before finishing EUC, they would either get bounced back or it might delay EUC setup. And believe me, you don't want to be on EB instead of EUC! --your friendly editor, nancym.]

Last edited by nancym on Thu Sep 24, 2009 2:06 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : note about sequence of benefits)
GonzoFL
GonzoFL

Back to top Go down

Post  Unemployed In Orlando Wed Sep 23, 2009 3:56 pm

LOL Gonzo! lol!
Unemployed In Orlando
Unemployed In Orlando
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  studioWI Wed Sep 23, 2009 4:10 pm

GonzoFL wrote:
StudioWI:

You should have been notified by Florida AWI of your eligibility for EB. It appears they missed you...imagine that. Anyway,I don't see why you wouldn't be eligible for EB.
EB is a bit different than the regular or EUC extensions. You will have to fill out job searches(2 per week on DIFFERENT days) either by phone,fax,e-mail,in person,carrier pigeon and so on. Other than that...it's pretty much the same process. You have to either file for your weeks on line or by mail...you cannot file by phone. Sorry you didn't know about this sooner,you would already be collecting benefits. AWI normally process's with 14 days...sometimes even sooner. Good luck and if you have more problems or questions just ask. I would also like to welcome you to this forum...you will find good info here and some very intelligent people here. The good people on this forum,through our contacts, own personal knowledge and research were able to stop the State of Florida from delaying our EB checks so that they could verify job searches. A reporter from the Orlando Sentinel(Jim Stratton,who is also a member here) called this forum "A stone in Florida AWI's shoe". A greater compliment I have never heard cheers

Thanks Gonzo; all I can do is patiently wait for a resolution. If I can do anything to repay your kindness, feel free to ask. Or cajole. Or prod. Even dupe.
I really am grateful to not only yourself, but to this forum as well. What a good idea this is.

studioWI

Back to top Go down

Post  GonzoFL Wed Sep 23, 2009 4:47 pm

Your most welcome StudioWI,that's what we are here for.

UIO: I just love that stone in the shoe quote. If I was the Fonz,I would write that on the bathroom wall at Arnold's...whoa!! Twisted Evil

Maybe you should start selling t-shirts on here advertising the forum and that famous quote.....I can see it now.......

WWW.Unemployed-Florida
established 2009
" A stone in Florida AWI's shoe"
GonzoFL
GonzoFL

Back to top Go down

Post  Unemployed In Orlando Wed Sep 23, 2009 7:14 pm

GonzoFL wrote:Your most welcome StudioWI,that's what we are here for.

UIO: I just love that stone in the shoe quote. If I was the Fonz,I would write that on the bathroom wall at Arnold's...whoa!! Twisted Evil

Maybe you should start selling t-shirts on here advertising the forum and that famous quote.....I can see it now.......

WWW.Unemployed-Florida
established 2009

HAHA! Yeah Nancy would love that idea! We have a design idea for ya Nancy! lol!
Unemployed In Orlando
Unemployed In Orlando
Admin

Back to top Go down

General EB Discussion - Ongoing - Page 17 Empty EB

Post  Sheila Thu Sep 24, 2009 11:49 am

Does anyone know anything about the extension that was past this week? I haven't heard anything. I live in Ocala and we have absolutely no jobs here. It's terrible. BTW--It can take up to 10 weeks for anyone to receive benefits anymore. The State hasn't, or refused to hire enough people to handle the volume. I blame that on Crist. Everyone knows that FL would be one of the states that would go down fast.

Last edited by Sheila on Thu Sep 24, 2009 11:50 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : I corrected a word - then had a glass of water.)

Sheila

Back to top Go down

Post  GonzoFL Thu Sep 24, 2009 12:24 pm

Morning Sheila,

Well as I'm sure you know,HR3548 passed the House by a large margin. The ball is now in the Senates court and rumor has it they hope to deal with it quickly. There has been talk about the Senate adding to the bill...such as adding all states to the program and God knows what else. I live in Citrus and much like Marion County,there are no jobs here either....unless your a physical therapist or medical doctor. What I can tell you, is to stay tuned here for further updates. You mentioned up to 10 weeks to get benefits? I knew AWI was screwed up....but 10 weeks is a bit excessive....and since we are on the subject of AWI being screwed up....A friend of mine won her appeal for UC benefits on the 16th of this month.(yee haw) She has been filing for her benefits all along,just like your suppose to(since June09)....but still no check in the mail....hmmmmm....so I had her call the appeals office to see if there was a hold up. Nope...appeals says all systems go...all lights are green.....still no $$. So I had her call claims. Claims says appeals has not removed the "denied" from her account...appeals cries foul!!....yes we have. So it seems the different departments of AWI are not linked nor do they have the ability to communicate with one each other(smells like bull pucky to me) Claims now say's that she will have to fax her her letter from the appeals office that reversed her denial. So nothing I guess suprises me anymore when it comes from AWI. I think I will have her call Barbara Griffith,AWI's Dept. Director and see if this can't be rectified. They owe my friend quite a chunk of money and the stupid shits just don't want to pay up. Anyway...sorry, I do tend to rant....but I have no love for AWI's incompetence and inability to do their JOBS. I'd be happy to work from my home for AWI( I like that idea...fat chance of that) Wink
GonzoFL
GonzoFL

Back to top Go down

Post  nancym Thu Sep 24, 2009 1:47 pm

nanny wrote:
All this unemployment filing is new to me have never been layed off before from any job. I got layed off April 18th this year and was wondering how long I would be able to collect unemployment as job search doesn't seem to be going to well for me.

*ADMIN EDIT - Moved post content into text box from subject line Very Happy

nanny--

You can get an overview of how long you might be able to get benefits from another thread where I posted about the "sequence of benefits."

That's here: https://unemployed-florida.forumotion.com/senate-bills-state-policies-federal-initiatives-f6/fl-sequence-of-unemployment-benefits-t22.htm#175

I revised and updated that post today.
nancym
nancym

Back to top Go down

Post  nancym Thu Sep 24, 2009 2:13 pm

Unemployed In Orlando wrote:
GonzoFL wrote:Your most welcome StudioWI,that's what we are here for.

WWW.Unemployed-Florida
established 2009

HAHA! Yeah Nancy would love that idea! We have a design idea for ya Nancy! lol!

I do love it! LOL! I even did a little T-shirt graphic work for a guy last year. Only one problem--we don't have money for the T-shirts!

HOWEVER--UIO, don't you have the ability to swap out the generic "Midnight" theme with a new logo up at the top of the forum? If so, I'd be glad to redesign. Just give me the specs, exact size, etc. Heh-heh-heh.
nancym
nancym

Back to top Go down

Post  nancym Thu Sep 24, 2009 2:27 pm

GonzoFL wrote:
So it seems the different departments of AWI are not linked nor do they have the ability to communicate with one each other(smells like bull pucky to me) ...So nothing I guess suprises me anymore when it comes from AWI.

Gonzo--

Ok, how about this one:

I called the Employment office (separate from AWI) to ask about that SCSEP program for seniors and why I was told earlier that accepting their pt-time program (min-wage) work would disqualify anyone from continuing with UI benefits. Clearly if it's only part-time that should allow for only partial benefits deductions, which could extend benefits an extra few months, as I have done through this long process.

Ok, ready for this? (pregnant pause)... I was told (by what sounded like a well-meaning elderly person, perhaps a SCSEP participant herself) that they (AWI) weren't supposed to disqualify their participants, but they DID. So this program was recommending that anyone interested in the program wait til they exhausted all unemployment benefits before applying!

Lord have mercy. "What?!?" I asked--why doesn't someone correct the problem in the agencies instead of pushing people away until later??? Apparently this task is too daunting for all concerned.

Follow-up, 9/24/09: Addendum to above about the SCSEP program--
I called again today and spoke with someone a bit more familiar with the details of the program. It is funded by the feds through AARP in Workforce1 offices and provides last-ditch funds for seniors over 55 to get a little extra survival cash by "volunteering" part-time for local non-profits. The program is not available to anyone on unemployment benefits, since it is designed to help those who are beyond that point and even more desperate than those getting benefits. I'll add more when I get a chance over in the employment networking thread.

Last edited by nancym on Thu Sep 24, 2009 4:45 pm; edited 2 times in total
nancym
nancym

Back to top Go down

Post  nancym Thu Sep 24, 2009 2:41 pm

Unemployed In Orlando wrote:Yeah I learned after my recertification that all EUC and reg claim benefits must be used before drawing EB. Im wondering once they start the new EUC, will it temporarily suspend EB payments until those new credits are used? This is going to be interesting to watch unfold with AWI, I'm even going to start a new thread for EUC-2 Flags once everything is in place. I bet this will be our newest next issue ie. Retro weeks, work search req etc. Evil or Very Mad

More info on that--

I remembered when I read the new bill summary on OC today that there's a clause in there that allows states to continue EB claims for individuals without switching over to EUC, as long as one week of EB had been used already.

That's good news for anyone who might run out of EB before the expiration of the program if they had to switch over to EUC with the new law. (Does that include you at this point, UIO?)

Whether all the states would take advantage of this "allowance" or want to, I don't know. I don't see why they wouldn't, but who knows.
nancym
nancym

Back to top Go down

Post  Unemployed In Orlando Thu Sep 24, 2009 4:00 pm

nancym wrote:

More info on that--

I remembered when I read the new bill summary on OC today that there's a clause in there that allows states to continue EB claims for individuals without switching over to EUC, as long as one week of EB had been used already.

That's good news for anyone who might run out of EB before the expiration of the program if they had to switch over to EUC with the new law. (Does that include you at this point, UIO?)

Whether all the states would take advantage of this "allowance" or want to, I don't know. I don't see why they wouldn't, but who knows.

Yup, I am thinking because EB law states all reg claim and EUC must be exhausted in order to claim EB benefits, that the EUC will kick in and then when its exhausted you go back into EB. In my case ive exhausted the new claim and am about to jump back into my EB exisiting balance. I will keep you posted on how that plays out.
Unemployed In Orlando
Unemployed In Orlando
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  nancym Thu Sep 24, 2009 4:37 pm

Unemployed In Orlando wrote:
Yup, I am thinking because EB law states all reg claim and EUC must be exhausted in order to claim EB benefits, that the EUC will kick in and then when its exhausted you go back into EB. In my case ive exhausted the new claim and am about to jump back into my EB exisiting balance. I will keep you posted on how that plays out.

I was going to add that I think that clause in the new bill was added just to prevent that happening, but the more I stare at this sentence in the summary, the more my eyes glaze over:

"Authorizes a state to pay extended compensation to an otherwise eligible individual before any further additional emergency unemployment compensation (EUC), if such individual claimed extended compensation for at least one week of unemployment after the exhaustion of additional EUC."

However, what does the actual bill say:

"COORDINATION RULE- Notwithstanding an election under section 4001(e) by a State to provide for the payment of emergency unemployment compensation prior to extended compensation, such State may pay extended compensation to an otherwise eligible individual prior to any further additional emergency unemployment compensation, if such individual claimed extended compensation for at least 1 week of unemployment after the exhaustion of additional emergency unemployment compensation."

The actual bill text seems much clearer to me; as long as you've collected one week of EB, you're on that for the duration until the new EUC would kick in.

I don't quite know if this means the states are obligated to pay off the EB first, or just are ok'd by the feds to do that, or if they have any wiggle room. But switching everybody on EB to EUC would seem so unnecessarily disruptive, not only to us, but to AWI itself. Both programs are federally funded 100% for this year, so it would seem they would prefer to take the EB money before it runs out!
nancym
nancym

Back to top Go down

Post  Unemployed In Orlando Thu Sep 24, 2009 5:08 pm

My only concern is that they do not use it in a way to filter out people who are on EB from collecting anything past the end of the year.

Meaning..if your on EB, they switch you over to EUC, once that it exhausts its too late to continue collecting the remaining EB balance that expires at the end of the year (pending any bill passing to extend through 2010).

Sorry to sound so pessimistic, just trying to get a jump start thought discussion going before we run into any hurdles lol
Unemployed In Orlando
Unemployed In Orlando
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  nancym Thu Sep 24, 2009 5:38 pm

Unemployed In Orlando wrote:My only concern is that they do not use it in a way to filter out people who are on EB from collecting anything past the end of the year.

I know what you mean; it would be a short-sighted move on their part to do that, but then you never know with this state. All the more important that they get HR 3404 or its equivalent passed in a "timely" fashion to get those programs extended. I think they will do it, but who knows how long that will take.
nancym
nancym

Back to top Go down

Post  GonzoFL Thu Sep 24, 2009 10:29 pm

LOL...I tell ya Nancy, you have had an interesting encounter as well. The longer I live in Florida the more perplexed I become. If it isn't one thing it's another. I'm starting to feel like a blind dog in a butcher shop. I honestly don't know sometimes how this state functions....state agency's don't talk to other agency's....half the state employees don't have a clue and further more don't give two shits....GAWD!! It just goes on and on.......BUT...on a happier note my friend who won her appeal......after getting all that run around from the appeals division and claims division,she was at her wits end. I dug into my archives and produced AWI Dept. Director Barb Griffith's phone number. She called the number and guess who answered the phone......yep...old Barb herself. After a short conversation,Barb said she would talk to her "expert" and call right back. 5 min's later...the expert is on the phone...the claim is handled,the check is cut,it's in the mail on Friday......the clouds parted,the sun came out and rainbows and unicorns were every where. I declared..."well I'll be dipped in shit and rolled in corn flakes"...someone at AWI does actually work for the citizens of Florida. The whole event went from 2 plus days of finger pointing and denial...to 5 min's, and the deed was done. The best part was later today,Dir. Griffith called her back and was thrilled to tell her that she was mailing a check for $3700...plus another one for $300......and she will personally watch her account for the next few weeks to make sure all goes smooth. Nice to see some professionals are still out there willing to not only do their jobs...but to go above and beyond. cheers
GonzoFL
GonzoFL

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 27 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 22 ... 27  Next