Unemployed Florida

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Unemployed Florida
Unemployed Florida
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

General EB Discussion - Ongoing

+87
snugglebear
Ar
frogpatch
Evelyn
Michael55
rosemary
Steve_
MerryL
gaineslady
UEINFL
ThatGirl03
Chris U.
michelle
jessica2009
hsd
Judy
Unemployed Mamma
sharonB
grandmom49
Hoppy
scrappy367
LindaLou
connorsgp
Sheila
studioWI
nanny
stein113
jamfaf
Jeff
eitherhalf
John in Orlando
frustratedinfl
kittyg59
Montanakat
maybee
jim jam
jim stratton
jkaplan2195
Beaches
dzabuk
Kirby
johnhwclarke
DisneyDean
garyb
Marc
waybol
GonzoFL
riceckr
Me From Jax
anotherunemployed
Robbi314
RobinSamRyan
SaraJ
surfer
sc4ram
waiting in St Lucie
waiting
pyrox
barbi65
katie
ddee2026
gregFL
irwinojames
nancym
elissa
daytonawanda
Teresa
brb2007
Robyn
LJ
marryp2007
jax123
jon813
floridagirl
Jenn
Cam in FL
Tampa Bay - Anna
hungry in orange city
suicidal
Jacqui
sherbetarchitect
ArleneG
J in FL
trishl127
A-A-A-A79
Maggi MIami
Unemployed In Orlando
91 posters

Page 16 of 27 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 21 ... 27  Next

Go down

General EB Discussion - Ongoing - Page 16 Empty Re: General EB Discussion - Ongoing

Post  Unemployed In Orlando Wed Sep 16, 2009 3:56 pm

nancym wrote:
jim stratton wrote:Good morning, folks. Here's a link to an item we posted today. The agency is looking for temporary workers in Tallahassee and Ft. Lauderdale to handle the continued demand.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/business/orl-bizjobless-office-hiring-091609091609sep16,0,6610993.story

Wow! Thanks, Jim! That's my neck of the woods, will check it out. Also, we have a thread for jobs under "Employment Networking"--I'll move or copy this over there.

Posted there yesterday when i saw the article hehe afro
Unemployed In Orlando
Unemployed In Orlando
Admin

https://unemployed-florida.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

General EB Discussion - Ongoing - Page 16 Empty Re: General EB Discussion - Ongoing

Post  eitherhalf Wed Sep 16, 2009 8:12 pm

got a letter today confirming it is emergency unemp comp (euc) for 20 weeks....it seems to have skipped the initial 13 weeks extension and went straight to tier 1 & 2, the 13+7. does any one know if this is not unusual as i dont want to miss out on any of the extensions. just want to know if this is the wrong order

Unemployed In Orlando wrote:
eitherhalf wrote:I posted this on fl sequence of events but wanted to see if anyone had any helpful info on my case. finished my initial claim first week of september and applied for extended benefits and it automatically updated for 20 more weeks. seems i skipped the second tier of 33 weeks. does this mean i dont get it or whats up with that....of any one has any input.
thanx
oh by the way...love the board. so much info in one easy to access site.....keeps us unemployed folks from going insane.

*ADMIN EDIT - Please stay on topic within the established threads Very Happy

Im not sure how you were approved for EB already. Once you finish your initial claim the EUC tier would kick in automatically. With this said it should have denied your EB claim and then put you into the EUC tier. The way the EB law is written is that, a claimant must exhaust all regular or EUC benefits before receiving EB. I would call one of the people we have listed under the AWI contacts thread if I were you, just to make sure things are straight. Melody, Josh or Cass would be able to pull this up and check it out for you. Please let us know what you find out!! Very Happy

eitherhalf

Back to top Go down

Post  GonzoFL Wed Sep 16, 2009 8:22 pm

eitherway posted this at another topic area UIO.....say's the letter tells s/he that it's EUC...WTH......I advised s/he to ck on line and see what the benefit amount says. Maybe Florida's ultra modern Acme Univac...serial#0000000001(programmed by Wyle E Coyote)is having a core melt down.
GonzoFL
GonzoFL

Back to top Go down

Post  Unemployed In Orlando Wed Sep 16, 2009 8:28 pm

GonzoFL wrote:eitherway posted this at another topic area UIO.....say's the letter tells s/he that it's EUC...WTH......I advised s/he to ck on line and see what the benefit amount says. Maybe Florida's ultra modern Acme Univac...serial#0000000001(programmed by Wyle E Coyote)is having a core melt down.

BAHAHAHHAHAH!!!!
lol! lol! lol!

Yeah Im not sure what to think about this, I posted right behind you on the other thread.

@EITHERWAY, please only post your questions in the appropriate threads once. No need to post the same question multiple times all over the forum Idea
Unemployed In Orlando
Unemployed In Orlando
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  eitherhalf Wed Sep 16, 2009 9:54 pm

thanks for the input!! I will reply after i call tomorrow but in what topic/subject title should I post the answer...I have been duly reprimanded for posting this in general discussion so where do you want me to post my efforts/results tomorrow.sorrry about posting here again whomever is trying to redirect me, but i'm just answering a question directed towards me....thanx for the warm welcome also, glad to have the board available, trying to figure out the geography.

nancym wrote:
eitherhalf wrote:...finished my initial claim first week of september and applied for extended benefits and it automatically updated for 20 more weeks. seems i skipped the second tier of 33 weeks. does this mean i dont get it or whats up with that....of any one has any input.
thanx

Jeff wrote:...I don't know what happens next. I hear talk on this forum of several extentions and tiers. I would like to know ahead of time (which is coming fast like a concrete wall) if there is another extention effective for the time parameters of my unemployment. Does anyone here have any knowledge of what I might expect? ......biting nails and fretting. ;-)

eitherhalf--and this answer I think applies to Jeff also--(and welcome to the board!):

I'm not sure, but both of you may be answering by example a question I posed in the thread I originally posted about the "normal" sequence of benefits. That question was whether the first 13 weeks of EUC that was originally given in the summer of 2008 for us long term unemployed would still be given to those newly unemployed. My guess, and I have to look into this further in terms of how the law is written, is that those first 13 weeks may be an expired program by now. It sounds like both of you went directly to the 20 weeks of EUC that was the Bush-signed law from Nov 2008, an extension of those first extra benefits.

IF that's the case (and you call and verify that you are in fact on 20 weeks of EUC, not EB) what should follow is that you are after that still eligible for the next program, EB, which is another 20 weeks, which program runs out sometime at the end of this year (we'll have to check the exact last day that folks can get a check). (Jeff, of course this would be a little less, as you indicated your program was shorter because of less work.)

The proposed legislation coming up, HR 3548, if passed as is, would give all of us an extra 13 weeks that would go back into our EUC (not EB) accounts. For most of us exhausting benefits now, that would take us through Christmas (no retroactive payments for those already out of EB). For both of you, if it's EUC you're on, you should be ok for a little longer.

Let us know your status when you get verification of your programs from AWI so we can know of this "new sequence."

eitherhalf

Back to top Go down

Post  GonzoFL Wed Sep 16, 2009 10:26 pm

Nancy:

I posted a reply to eitherhalf in another topic area concerning why he may have been skipped over for the original 13 week "Bush Bucks" x-tention. Maybe it has been discontinued...maybe it's a shhhhhh....secret? Anyway...I sure as hell didn't get the memo Shocked
GonzoFL
GonzoFL

Back to top Go down

Post  Unemployed In Orlando Wed Sep 16, 2009 10:35 pm

@EITHERWAY, your good! This is the place for the posts on that issue, here within the ongoing discussion thread for EB. Very Happy
Unemployed In Orlando
Unemployed In Orlando
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeff Thu Sep 17, 2009 11:35 am

nancym wrote:
eitherhalf wrote:...finished my initial claim first week of september and applied for extended benefits and it automatically updated for 20 more weeks. seems i skipped the second tier of 33 weeks. does this mean i dont get it or whats up with that....of any one has any input.
thanx

Jeff wrote:...I don't know what happens next. I hear talk on this forum of several extentions and tiers. I would like to know ahead of time (which is coming fast like a concrete wall) if there is another extention effective for the time parameters of my unemployment. Does anyone here have any knowledge of what I might expect? ......biting nails and fretting. ;-)

eitherhalf--and this answer I think applies to Jeff also--(and welcome to the board!):

I'm not sure, but both of you may be answering by example a question I posed in the thread I originally posted about the "normal" sequence of benefits. That question was whether the first 13 weeks of EUC that was originally given in the summer of 2008 for us long term unemployed would still be given to those newly unemployed. My guess, and I have to look into this further in terms of how the law is written, is that those first 13 weeks may be an expired program by now. It sounds like both of you went directly to the 20 weeks of EUC that was the Bush-signed law from Nov 2008, an extension of those first extra benefits.

IF that's the case (and you call and verify that you are in fact on 20 weeks of EUC, not EB) what should follow is that you are after that still eligible for the next program, EB, which is another 20 weeks, which program runs out sometime at the end of this year (we'll have to check the exact last day that folks can get a check). (Jeff, of course this would be a little less, as you indicated your program was shorter because of less work.)

The proposed legislation coming up, HR 3548, if passed as is, would give all of us an extra 13 weeks that would go back into our EUC (not EB) accounts. For most of us exhausting benefits now, that would take us through Christmas (no retroactive payments for those already out of EB). For both of you, if it's EUC you're on, you should be ok for a little longer.

Let us know your status when you get verification of your programs from AWI so we can know of this "new sequence."

Thanks NancyM. The state should give each recipient a list of benefits/dates, etc. to alleviate some of the confusion. Maybe they don't want us to know? Anyway, will post what I discover, if anything.

Jeff

Back to top Go down

General EB Discussion - Ongoing - Page 16 Empty end of EB for some folks

Post  jim stratton Thu Sep 17, 2009 6:09 pm

Hey guys,

I'm working on a story about people who have exhausted or will soon exhaust their Extended Benefits and what they plan to do when that happens.

There's apparently a bill floating around Congress that would add another 13 weeks, and it's expected to be taken up fairly soon.

So if you've run out of all benefits or you're about to, please contact me. Tell me a little about your situation and include a phone number. Would like to talk with you.

Jim Stratton
Orlando Sentinel
jstratton@orlandosentinel.com
407-420-5379

jim stratton

Back to top Go down

Post  Unemployed In Orlando Thu Sep 17, 2009 6:19 pm

Hey gang, anyone out there that wouldnt mind speaking to Jim about this? scratch
Unemployed In Orlando
Unemployed In Orlando
Admin

Back to top Go down

General EB Discussion - Ongoing - Page 16 Empty Sure thing....

Post  Tampa Bay - Anna Thu Sep 17, 2009 6:31 pm

Jim & UIO,

I'm officially out of benefits as of last week. No job on the horizon.... So if my input would help, I'd be happy to oblige. Just send me a message and I can send you my contact info.

Thanks,
Anna
Tampa Bay - Anna
Tampa Bay - Anna

Back to top Go down

Post  hungry in orange city Thu Sep 17, 2009 6:45 pm

Unemployed In Orlando wrote:Hey gang, anyone out there that wouldnt mind speaking to Jim about this? scratch

I just sent him an e-mail with my situation and phone #. Last check issued 9-4.
hungry in orange city
hungry in orange city

Back to top Go down

Post  Unemployed In Orlando Thu Sep 17, 2009 6:51 pm

Tampa Bay - Anna wrote:Jim & UIO,

I'm officially out of benefits as of last week. No job on the horizon.... So if my input would help, I'd be happy to oblige. Just send me a message and I can send you my contact info.

Thanks,
Anna

Thanks Anna, can you email Jim? His email is posted above, thanks Very Happy
Unemployed In Orlando
Unemployed In Orlando
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  nancym Thu Sep 17, 2009 8:16 pm

hungry in orange city wrote:
Unemployed In Orlando wrote:Hey gang, anyone out there that wouldnt mind speaking to Jim about this? scratch

I just sent him an e-mail with my situation and phone #. Last check issued 9-4.

hungry--Am I mistaken or wasn't that you who had a birthday around about this week, according to the forum info at the bottom of the page? If so, Happy Birthday, and your best present I bet would be for the new benefits bill to pass!

If I've confused you with someone else--Happy Birthday to whoever that was! Smile
nancym
nancym

Back to top Go down

Post  Unemployed In Orlando Thu Sep 17, 2009 8:45 pm

OHH YEAHH!!! It was Hungry!! Happy Belated BDAY!! jocolor
Unemployed In Orlando
Unemployed In Orlando
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  hungry in orange city Thu Sep 17, 2009 9:06 pm

Thank You ! Very Happy It was yesterday, yes that would be an excellent present.
hungry in orange city
hungry in orange city

Back to top Go down

General EB Discussion - Ongoing - Page 16 Empty still waiting for return call

Post  eitherhalf Sun Sep 20, 2009 10:13 pm

Hi guys, still waiting on josh or eddye to call me back on that 13 week extension. just wanted to let ya'll know and as soon as i hear i will post answer. by the way I am woman as some were perplexed on how to address me (eitherhalf) in their content.

eitherhalf

Back to top Go down

Post  John in Orlando Mon Sep 21, 2009 11:08 am

Hey John, Since you just filed for EB on wednesday I would give it a few more days, and if you do not see any credits in your account then I would call to see whats going on. I have seen people report that it had happened rather quickly, but technically they were telling people it could take up to 4 weeks to process. I think 4 weeks was because of the rush of applicants in June/July when EB began though, hopefully it will not take that long for you. Let us know if you get the credits into your account soon, or if you have to call AWI Very Happy

Well it only took a week to receive my credits for EB thank god.I only have credits for just over 9 weeks however.I was under the impression that everyone gets 20 weeks of EB,it doesn't matter hopefully I will not even need the 9 weeks(thinking positive).If I find any good leads on job openings in the orlando area I will post them on this forum,thanks again for your help.

John in Orlando

Back to top Go down

General EB Discussion - Ongoing - Page 16 Empty extensions

Post  eitherhalf Mon Sep 21, 2009 2:33 pm

will revise post

Last edited by eitherhalf on Mon Sep 21, 2009 5:51 pm; edited 2 times in total

eitherhalf

Back to top Go down

Post  jamfaf Mon Sep 21, 2009 3:34 pm

Hi All,
Just joined and looking for help. I'm starting to loseit. My last check was also on 9/4/09. Cannot get an answer from anyone. Do I need to reapply? Also, working with WorkForce trying to go back to school and the person there is dragging his feet. I gave all the information last time and now he's asking for all the informationn again. I'm getting tired of repeating myself. Can I ask for a different person to help me or am I stuck the person who is maybe trying to help. jamfaf

jamfaf

Back to top Go down

Post  GonzoFL Mon Sep 21, 2009 3:44 pm

jamfaf wrote:Hi All,
Just joined and looking for help. I'm starting to loseit. My last check was also on 9/4/09. Cannot get an answer from anyone. Do I need to reapply? Also, working with WorkForce trying to go back to school and the person there is dragging his feet. I gave all the information last time and now he's asking for all the informationn again. I'm getting tired of repeating myself. Can I ask for a different person to help me or am I stuck the person who is maybe trying to help. jamfaf

Hi jamfaf,
In order to answer you first question,we need to know where you are/where with your unemployment benefits. You say your last check was on Sept 4th...were you on regular UC benenfits,one of the Emergency Unemployment Tiers,or Extended benefits?
GonzoFL
GonzoFL

Back to top Go down

General EB Discussion - Ongoing - Page 16 Empty Addendum to - New, just joined

Post  jamfaf Mon Sep 21, 2009 4:01 pm

Sorry about that. I am located in Lake County (Eustis).
Got laid off last January 2008. I think I used one or two extentions, not sure. My first sign up was from March 2008 to November 2008. Then I got an extention from Jan2009 to May 2009. Last was from August to September about 6 to 8 weeks. I have been meeting with someone at WFC since June, keeps me going in and when I leave I feeling more lost. I have found a school on the matrix and a course and all he keeps asking for is the same information and changing the dates. Because of that I missed registration, classes already began at LSCC. Just sent new email with all info again to him today. Hopefully he won't take a week to answer.

jamfaf

Back to top Go down

Post  GonzoFL Mon Sep 21, 2009 4:18 pm

jamfaf wrote:Sorry about that. I am located in Lake County (Eustis).
Got laid off last January 2008. I think I used one or two extentions, not sure. My first sign up was from March 2008 to November 2008. Then I got an extention from Jan2009 to May 2009. Last was from August to September about 6 to 8 weeks. I have been meeting with someone at WFC since June, keeps me going in and when I leave I feeling more lost. I have found a school on the matrix and a course and all he keeps asking for is the same information and changing the dates. Because of that I missed registration, classes already began at LSCC. Just sent new email with all info again to him today. Hopefully he won't take a week to answer.

Sorry...I didn't mean "where you are" as in where you reside. I was trying to figure out where you stood...as in how many weeks you have gone through up till 4 Sept. If you received the max. allowable benefits,you should have qualified for 79 weeks of UC. NancyM...one of the moderators here,composed this sequence of events:

FL sequence of unemployment benefits

Post nancym on 15th July 2009, 12:20 pm
+
----
-
For anyone confused about the sequence of benefits given by FL, this is the grouping of weeks and programs that has occurred during the last several years. The number of weeks would apply if:

a) You did substantial work and logged enough hours in the right time frames to get the full 26 weeks at the max amount of $275 per week, and
b) You did not work enough during or after your benefit year to make you automatically placed in a new benefit year, during which you would start again with the 26 weeks and possibly with a very small weekly amount.

1) original claim, sometimes referred to as "regular unemployment": 26 weeks
2) first extension funding (this was started in the summer of 2008 for 13 weeks
3) Emergency Unemployment Compensation - signed into law by Bush in late Nov, '08, and the cutoff was extended til the end of 2009 by the stimulus bill:
EUC "Tier 1" - 7 weeks
EUC "Tier 2" - 13 weeks
4) Extended Benefits - state option given 100% federal funding under the stimulus, law passed April 29, benefits not to start til July '09: 20 weeks

Total = 79 weeks
GonzoFL
GonzoFL

Back to top Go down

Post  nancym Mon Sep 21, 2009 8:33 pm

jamfaf wrote:...Got laid off last January 2008. I think I used one or two extentions, not sure.

Sounds like you finished your benefits, as you assumed. The defining question would be, did you actually zero out your most recent account and was that the one where you had to actually report either by mail or online 2 separate job searches on two different days? If that's done, your in the same boat with most of us here, waiting to see if a new extension is passed by the House on Tuesday or Wednesdy this week. (See thread about this new bill on this forum.)

Did you do report any work in all that time, because anyone with odd numbers of weeks that differ from what Gonzo posted, my previous post about the sequence, usually has either had work that stretched out the benefits weeks, or else didn't have enough work in the system to get the full number of weeks. One of the reliable reps on this forum's AWI contacts page should be able to call you back to confirm that there is nothing for you unless the new bill passes, or if you still have weeks in some program left.

But it also sounds like you are most frustrated about the school thing. All I can say about that is so am I! I started a Training and Education thread on this forum (go to home page and look for the link there, but I have been trying to get through the red tape myself. When it became apparent that I would never get to classes starting before the semester was half gone, I almost gave up, but I am still looking into it all, and other possible training opportunities.

One friend who is currently taking classes in the Tampa area under one of the WIA programs (gets benefits, no work search reporting), warned me that it can be done, but you have to be really persistent in getting on their case to get the ball rolling. One local rep told me it might take several months in my location (Broward)!!! But she told me it might not be that long. And one person told me that one of the people in charge of a particular program only worked part-time. (Jeez!) So I would persist, and if your EB benefits are gone but we get the new law passed, you might still have time to get in on some classes.

Check the Training and Education thread once in a while; I try to report on stuff there, but I admit it is still frustrating.
nancym
nancym

Back to top Go down

General EB Discussion - Ongoing - Page 16 Empty Question about Unemployment Benefits

Post  stein113 Tue Sep 22, 2009 2:17 am

Hi, I'm new to the site. I had a question about extended benefits and I keep getting conflicting answers. My original 26 weeks have run out, and I was granted another 10 weeks or so. Does this process continue? Eventually the weeks must expire correct? What is the maximum number of week? Thanks in advance

*ADMIN EDIT - Please stay on topic within the established threads Very Happy

Last edited by Unemployed In Orlando on Tue Sep 22, 2009 8:22 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Moved to correct thread)

stein113

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 27 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 21 ... 27  Next