Unemployed Florida

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Unemployed Florida
Unemployed Florida
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

General EB Discussion - Ongoing

+87
snugglebear
Ar
frogpatch
Evelyn
Michael55
rosemary
Steve_
MerryL
gaineslady
UEINFL
ThatGirl03
Chris U.
michelle
jessica2009
hsd
Judy
Unemployed Mamma
sharonB
grandmom49
Hoppy
scrappy367
LindaLou
connorsgp
Sheila
studioWI
nanny
stein113
jamfaf
Jeff
eitherhalf
John in Orlando
frustratedinfl
kittyg59
Montanakat
maybee
jim jam
jim stratton
jkaplan2195
Beaches
dzabuk
Kirby
johnhwclarke
DisneyDean
garyb
Marc
waybol
GonzoFL
riceckr
Me From Jax
anotherunemployed
Robbi314
RobinSamRyan
SaraJ
surfer
sc4ram
waiting in St Lucie
waiting
pyrox
barbi65
katie
ddee2026
gregFL
irwinojames
nancym
elissa
daytonawanda
Teresa
brb2007
Robyn
LJ
marryp2007
jax123
jon813
floridagirl
Jenn
Cam in FL
Tampa Bay - Anna
hungry in orange city
suicidal
Jacqui
sherbetarchitect
ArleneG
J in FL
trishl127
A-A-A-A79
Maggi MIami
Unemployed In Orlando
91 posters

Page 15 of 27 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 21 ... 27  Next

Go down

General EB Discussion - Ongoing - Page 15 Empty Appeals

Post  johnhwclarke Thu Sep 10, 2009 9:43 am

GonzoFL wrote:Kirby:

I went through an appeal hearing 1 July 2008 which was a Tuesday. I won the appeal and received a check for 6 weeks back pay by the Friday of the same week. I realize the system wasn't as jammed up in 2008,but I think you have waited more than long enough to receive your back pay. You might try calling the Deputy Clerk for your appeal referee and ask her/him if they can tell you what the hold up is. If you don't already know,you can get the clerks name and number from the AWI web site under "file an appeal" section. Just follow the prompts and it will take you right where you need to be. Have you received the letter of decision from the appeal referee yet? Let me know if I can be of further service. I love it when an appellant wins an appeal!!

Kirby,
Thanks for the reply. I have been busy and haven't been able to see it until today. A little more info: My file is being reviewed by UAC after I sent my appeal from the referee's decision which is classified as "Dismissed" What I mistakenly did was re-apply for benefits after my benefit year ended and I used up all my extensions in February 2009. Thats when I received notice that combined with the last month of my employment from the company that I claimed from and the few hours I worked for the temp service (approx. 57% from my old company, the rest from the temp service, according to the unemployment office) allowed me to start a new claim. After I claimed the first week, it was diputed by the labor pool company. At that time, I realised that I didn't work enough for the temp company to claim. I worked for the month of January 2008 with my old company and then started at the temp service in late October. So I recinded my appeal, which I believe then started this whole mess. Now they say I owe them for the previous extension. I sent in a appeal of the decision that I owed them the money, and now the status is "File sent to UAC for review". The date it was received according to their web site is 8/12/2009. I have also received a letter stating the same. I know I messed this up some, but I explained that in my appeal. Any thoughts about how to proceed?

*ADMIN EDIT - Please direct posts on UIC Appeals in the established Appeals thread Very Happy

Last edited by Unemployed In Orlando on Thu Sep 10, 2009 9:48 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Wrong thread)

johnhwclarke

Back to top Go down

General EB Discussion - Ongoing - Page 15 Empty Re: General EB Discussion - Ongoing

Post  SaraJ Thu Sep 10, 2009 12:29 pm

frustratedinfl wrote:Thanks everyone! My account was updated yesterday afternoon with the Tier II 13 weeks. I appreciate all your help!

AWESOME! Glad it came through quickly for you cheers

SaraJ

Back to top Go down

General EB Discussion - Ongoing - Page 15 Empty follow-up on computer snafu

Post  nancym Thu Sep 10, 2009 4:58 pm

[quote="Unemployed In Orlando"]
nancym wrote:I couldn't imagine how something else could get screwed up, but now there's yet another glitch in the online claim process, at least for me this morning. Never saw this before, but I tried to claim my second week, in which I reported some earnings from contract, non-employer-based work, and the screen comes up with an old employer that I haven't had anything to do with for over a year, for whom I worked only two weeks in the spring of 2008! ...
quote]

Wow Nancy! affraid Sorry to hear that, let us know what you find out about that.

Follow-up:
I was paid this week, though the second week's check was delayed one day, but that's not so unusual when I report some earnings. I ended up finally finishing the online form for the second week by looking up my old earnings from that employer in early 2008, adding zero earnings for the current period, and then at the end where they give you 5 lines to explain any discrepancies, I told them it didn't make sense to include that employer (which I couldn't delete) because I had nothing to do with them since April of 2008.

I'm fairly sure though that if I hadn't called a reliable rep before I did that, that it would have screwed up my claim for longer delay. The rep I spoke with said go ahead and leave that employer in and she would check my claim later in the day.

Of course this only applies to people claiming earnings, but if this ever happens, be sure to call a rep to explain the computer error.
nancym
nancym

Back to top Go down

General EB Discussion - Ongoing - Page 15 Empty glad to have found this forum

Post  John in Orlando Fri Sep 11, 2009 3:23 pm

Hello all.

I have a question regarding EB.

My benefit year began on 2/1/09 and the last time I called to claim my weeks it said I had zero credits left.After trying for an hour or so to get through to a live person I was successful.The lady told me that I would have to go online to file a EUB claim or an EB claim which I did.I asked her how long it would take to go though and she said up to a month which is scary as I'm pretty much broke at this point.I received my last check today for a peedidly 97$(after child support).

My question is how likely am I to be accepted for EUB or EB and how long will it take before I can claim my weeks and get my check?
I'm so stressed out at this point it's not even funny,I send my resume out everyday and receive no responses.Any help is much appreciated. Thank you and I'm glad I found the link to this site from the sentinel.

John in Orlando

Back to top Go down

General EB Discussion - Ongoing - Page 15 Empty Re: General EB Discussion - Ongoing

Post  Unemployed In Orlando Fri Sep 11, 2009 3:59 pm

John in Orlando wrote:Hello all.

I have a question regarding EB.

My benefit year began on 2/1/09 and the last time I called to claim my weeks it said I had zero credits left.After trying for an hour or so to get through to a live person I was successful.The lady told me that I would have to go online to file a EUB claim or an EB claim which I did.I asked her how long it would take to go though and she said up to a month which is scary as I'm pretty much broke at this point.I received my last check today for a peedidly 97$(after child support).

My question is how likely am I to be accepted for EUB or EB and how long will it take before I can claim my weeks and get my check?
I'm so stressed out at this point it's not even funny,I send my resume out everyday and receive no responses.Any help is much appreciated. Thank you and I'm glad I found the link to this site from the sentinel.

John, when was the last time you claimed weeks on your regular claim? The EUC credits should automatically post within a week after you have exhausted your regular claim. If it has been more than a week since you last claimed, I would suggest you call Melody, Cass or Josh at the number and extensions listed under the AWI contacts thread. Please let us know what happens Very Happy

*EDIT OHHHH! And welcome JOhn! Thanks for joining!! cheers
Unemployed In Orlando
Unemployed In Orlando
Admin

https://unemployed-florida.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

General EB Discussion - Ongoing - Page 15 Empty Dont feed into the drama

Post  Unemployed In Orlando Sat Sep 12, 2009 5:50 pm

Thank you to everyone who PM'd and emailed me today concerning the other forums posts. I am not worried about the petty drama they have over there, this is the exact reason we started this forum, to leave those others behind, and create a moderated community we could keep on topic. Thank you to Nancy and Gonzo for the work you do Very Happy

Most all information still provided there is posted within minutes after it is posted here I found, so I guess they flip flop between sources. I do not mind this at all, because we are here to help one another, it is not a competition for site traffic, I get nothing for doing this other than the peace of mind I have helped others who are as lost as I once was. I havent read it lately until today but doesnt seem to be much different other than an addition of a new copy cat forum.

Please remember this resource was started as a medium to help people who are having issues with the system and to also share other helpful information such as job training and employment networking. I appreciate every one of you that have contributed and supported the community. Thanks Very Happy
Unemployed In Orlando
Unemployed In Orlando
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  John in Orlando Mon Sep 14, 2009 8:46 am

@Unemployed In Orlando

I claimed the only week I had left last monday and got a 97$ check on friday.I got EUC and EB confused,I have already exhausted my EUC.The person I talked to last week told me to go online and apply for EB which I did last wednesday.

Does anyone know the criteria to be accepted for EB or how long it takes to receive benefits?

Thanks again

John in Orlando

Back to top Go down

Post  Unemployed In Orlando Mon Sep 14, 2009 8:57 am

John in Orlando wrote:@Unemployed In Orlando

I claimed the only week I had left last monday and got a 97$ check on friday.I got EUC and EB confused,I have already exhausted my EUC.The person I talked to last week told me to go online and apply for EB which I did last wednesday.

Does anyone know the criteria to be accepted for EB or how long it takes to receive benefits?

Thanks again

Hey John, Since you just filed for EB on wednesday I would give it a few more days, and if you do not see any credits in your account then I would call to see whats going on. I have seen people report that it had happened rather quickly, but technically they were telling people it could take up to 4 weeks to process. I think 4 weeks was because of the rush of applicants in June/July when EB began though, hopefully it will not take that long for you. Let us know if you get the credits into your account soon, or if you have to call AWI Very Happy
Unemployed In Orlando
Unemployed In Orlando
Admin

Back to top Go down

General EB Discussion - Ongoing - Page 15 Empty waiting on the EB money

Post  kittyg59 Mon Sep 14, 2009 9:40 am

Hi, everybody,
My year ended in June, and I tried to apply for EB but the system kept telling me I was ineligible until August 2, when I could finally file a claim. I have not yet seen any money.
Two weeks ago I finally got through to a live person and was told that my claim was sent to Talahassee and is 'in review', which usually takes about six weeks. I was asked to fax a copy of my contract termination to Talahassee, which I did. The lady I spoke to, Analis Diaz, said she would email from her end aking them to expedite.
I just claimed my weeks for EB again. I checked the account information and it still says I have over $3500 but no checks have been released.
You see, I am a teacher. Teachers apparently have a 'reasonable assurance of employment' for the next school year even if their annual contracts were not renewed and they have not been offered a new position. I've applied for every position I am eligible to teach in Orange and Osceola counties....one interview in July. I'm branching out to other counties, which costs more money because i have to send my transcripts to each district.
I guess I just wait?
kittyg59

kittyg59

Back to top Go down

Post  kittyg59 Mon Sep 14, 2009 9:44 am

Hey,
I was just rereading the letter I received on dated 8/10/09....It says "You are elegible to receive additional EUC benefits based on your unemployment claim filed effective 8/2/09"
Now I'm more confused because I thought I applied for EB. Now what?
Kittyg59

kittyg59

Back to top Go down

Post  GonzoFL Mon Sep 14, 2009 10:42 am

I can see your confusion kittyg59. You say your year ended in June...that would have been roughly 52 weeks of UC. At that time,you should have had 7 more weeks of EUC left(26 original weeks,then EUC extensions of 33 weeks 13+13+7) for a total of 59 weeks. When that 59 weeks exhausted and your claim balance went to zero...you should have then been able to apply for EB. I don't know what you had applied for,but the system should not have allowed you to apply for EB until your EUC ran out. I think it would be best to call again and talk to one of the rep's that are listed on the AWI contact thread on this site. Maybe I'm more confused than you are....but something doesn't seem quite right here. Save yourself a trip...try this number: 877-846-8770 ex's 1493 Cassandra, 5293 Melody or 5296 Josh. Hope they can help you. Good luck.
GonzoFL
GonzoFL

Back to top Go down

General EB Discussion - Ongoing - Page 15 Empty Latest on work search verification

Post  jim stratton Mon Sep 14, 2009 3:12 pm

Guys, here's the latest on work-search verification. Remember when the state said it stuck to original DOL guidelines because it didn't want to delay roll-out of EB? Well, state e-mails suggest there were other reasons it didn't adopt the provisions of the May 4, DOL advisory (which allowed states to issue checks before completing work-search verification).

http://tiny.cc/euRgM

jim stratton

Back to top Go down

Post  GonzoFL Mon Sep 14, 2009 3:47 pm

As always, thanks Jim for the update and look forward to the story. Makes one wonder why AWI didn't want a State Auditor snooping around. I know,a bit of a "grassy knoll" question......but it makes me go hmmmmmmmmmm.
GonzoFL
GonzoFL

Back to top Go down

Post  Unemployed In Orlando Mon Sep 14, 2009 3:58 pm

Haha, I cant believe they even said that!
Unemployed In Orlando
Unemployed In Orlando
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DisneyDean Tue Sep 15, 2009 11:31 am

Hello all and thanks for the previous input.

Here are some details and what has transpired with my claim since I last input:

1. No income since starting Unemployment in July 2008.
2. Completed 59 weeks of unemployment with no problems with wk ending 8-29-09.
3. After 59th week, filed on Tues, waited till my account said 0.00 available credits.
4. Filled out EB application on Thurs.
5. Two days later, account showed 20 wks worth of available credits.
6. One week later, received letter from AWI stating that I am eligible for 20 wks of EB.

Every thing looked just fine except one thing. My online information said that my file date was the same date as my 59th week (9-1-09). So I waited till today (9-15-09), which is 2 wks from my last file date. I looked first at my claim information and it still says next claim on 9-1-09. I went ahead and tried to file for the last two weeks and it says I have no weeks available.

Have I missed something in this process? Is there some waiting period that I don't know about? Is there a separate place to file for EB? Any elucidation will be appreciated.

Dean

DisneyDean

Back to top Go down

Post  nancym Tue Sep 15, 2009 2:02 pm

DisneyDean wrote:
Every thing looked just fine except one thing. My online information said that my file date was the same date as my 59th week (9-1-09). So I waited till today (9-15-09), which is 2 wks from my last file date. I looked first at my claim information and it still says next claim on 9-1-09. I went ahead and tried to file for the last two weeks and it says I have no weeks available.

Have I missed something in this process? Is there some waiting period that I don't know about? Is there a separate place to file for EB? Any elucidation will be appreciated.

Dean

Hmmm. Sounds like you had everything going correctly there. Didn't the paperwork that you got that verfied your eligibility also state your first date to file your weeks? Seems like you should have been able to claim online by now, unless they are just taking longer because of the backlog and/or for out-of-state claims.

Even though you file online, you will also be getting a mailing that gives you the option to mail in your certification and work search records if you wanted; this sometimes arrives after you've used the online option and since you're out of state it would take even longer to reach you. If you haven't received one of those bi-weekly things yet, at this point I would try calling one of the reliable contact numbers we have here in the AWI contacts thread and leave a message if you don't get someone on the phone right away. I'm told they do call back. Sounds like your paperwork may be sitting in a stack somewhere right now.

And as far as the claim location, it's the same as the old EUC. The place where you see your account balance is the same place you enter your EB certifications.
nancym
nancym

Back to top Go down

General EB Discussion - Ongoing - Page 15 Empty new claims for second tier

Post  eitherhalf Tue Sep 15, 2009 9:50 pm

I posted this on fl sequence of events but wanted to see if anyone had any helpful info on my case. finished my initial claim first week of september and applied for extended benefits and it automatically updated for 20 more weeks. seems i skipped the second tier of 33 weeks. does this mean i dont get it or whats up with that....of any one has any input.
thanx
oh by the way...love the board. so much info in one easy to access site.....keeps us unemployed folks from going insane.

*ADMIN EDIT - Please stay on topic within the established threads Very Happy

Last edited by Unemployed In Orlando on Tue Sep 15, 2009 10:16 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Moved to correct thread)

eitherhalf

Back to top Go down

Post  Unemployed In Orlando Tue Sep 15, 2009 10:19 pm

eitherhalf wrote:I posted this on fl sequence of events but wanted to see if anyone had any helpful info on my case. finished my initial claim first week of september and applied for extended benefits and it automatically updated for 20 more weeks. seems i skipped the second tier of 33 weeks. does this mean i dont get it or whats up with that....of any one has any input.
thanx
oh by the way...love the board. so much info in one easy to access site.....keeps us unemployed folks from going insane.

*ADMIN EDIT - Please stay on topic within the established threads Very Happy

Im not sure how you were approved for EB already. Once you finish your initial claim the EUC tier would kick in automatically. With this said it should have denied your EB claim and then put you into the EUC tier. The way the EB law is written is that, a claimant must exhaust all regular or EUC benefits before receiving EB. I would call one of the people we have listed under the AWI contacts thread if I were you, just to make sure things are straight. Melody, Josh or Cass would be able to pull this up and check it out for you. Please let us know what you find out!! Very Happy
Unemployed In Orlando
Unemployed In Orlando
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  eitherhalf Tue Sep 15, 2009 10:53 pm

i will give them a call tomorrow and let you know....thanx

eitherhalf

Back to top Go down

Post  DisneyDean Wed Sep 16, 2009 8:41 am

nancym wrote:
Didn't the paperwork that you got that verfied your eligibility also state your first date to file your weeks?

Unfortunately, no. It appears to be a computer generated page with some basic information about me and my claim. Then it turns into a bunch of pre-written stuff with X's in boxes next to it. The X's are not hand written.

I'm thinking that you recommendation is correct, if I want to get action on this I will have to call.

DisneyDean

Back to top Go down

Post  kittyg59 Wed Sep 16, 2009 9:52 am

GonzoFL wrote:I can see your confusion kittyg59. You say your year ended in June...that would have been roughly 52 weeks of UC. At that time,you should have had 7 more weeks of EUC left(26 original weeks,then EUC extensions of 33 weeks 13+13+7) for a total of 59 weeks. When that 59 weeks exhausted and your claim balance went to zero...you should have then been able to apply for EB. I don't know what you had applied for,but the system should not have allowed you to apply for EB until your EUC ran out. I think it would be best to call again and talk to one of the rep's that are listed on the AWI contact thread on this site. Maybe I'm more confused than you are....but something doesn't seem quite right here. Save yourself a trip...try this number: 877-846-8770 ex's 1493 Cassandra, 5293 Melody or 5296 Josh. Hope they can help you. Good luck.

Good Lord! I just spoke to Eddye Very Happy in Tallahassee...I'll post her contact # later...about my claim. I have been on hold because I'm a teacher...when my BY ended in June, I was then eligible for an entirely NEW regular claim, but not until they figured out if I would have a job for the new school year since I am on the sub-teacher list. So chaos has been beaten into some semblance of order, letters will go out, and I *should* have my funds deposited in about a week. The EB claim I filed is stopped, and the the EUC determination they sent in August will be put on hold so I don't go into overpayment and open an entirely new can of worms.
So at this point it's cheers
kittyg59

kittyg59

Back to top Go down

General EB Discussion - Ongoing - Page 15 Empty AWI needs temporary workers

Post  jim stratton Wed Sep 16, 2009 10:38 am

Good morning, folks. Here's a link to an item we posted today. The agency is looking for temporary workers in Tallahassee and Ft. Lauderdale to handle the continued demand.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/business/orl-bizjobless-office-hiring-091609091609sep16,0,6610993.story

jim stratton

Back to top Go down

General EB Discussion - Ongoing - Page 15 Empty I Have A Question

Post  Jeff Wed Sep 16, 2009 11:14 am

Hi. I'm confused about UC vs EUC, extended benefits, tiers and so on. I applied for/and received UC in mid January 09. Because I did'nt make much money in the base period, my benfits lasted only five months and ran out in mid June 09. After my last claimed weeks (online)in mid June, I was notified by mail that I qualified for EUC benefits which began automatically. I didn't have to do anything except to re-enter my direct deposit information online. This extention is due to run out (by my calculations) on Oct. 6, 09.

That said, I don't know what happens next. I hear talk on this forum of several extentions and tiers. I would like to know ahead of time (which is coming fast like a concrete wall) if there is another extention effective for the time parameters of my unemployment. Does anyone here have any knowledge of what I might expect? ......biting nails and fretting. ;-)

Jeff

Back to top Go down

Post  nancym Wed Sep 16, 2009 12:04 pm

jim stratton wrote:Good morning, folks. Here's a link to an item we posted today. The agency is looking for temporary workers in Tallahassee and Ft. Lauderdale to handle the continued demand.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/business/orl-bizjobless-office-hiring-091609091609sep16,0,6610993.story

Wow! Thanks, Jim! That's my neck of the woods, will check it out. Also, we have a thread for jobs under "Employment Networking"--I'll move or copy this over there.
nancym
nancym

Back to top Go down

General EB Discussion - Ongoing - Page 15 Empty to eitherhalf and Jeff

Post  nancym Wed Sep 16, 2009 12:29 pm

eitherhalf wrote:...finished my initial claim first week of september and applied for extended benefits and it automatically updated for 20 more weeks. seems i skipped the second tier of 33 weeks. does this mean i dont get it or whats up with that....of any one has any input.
thanx

Jeff wrote:...I don't know what happens next. I hear talk on this forum of several extentions and tiers. I would like to know ahead of time (which is coming fast like a concrete wall) if there is another extention effective for the time parameters of my unemployment. Does anyone here have any knowledge of what I might expect? ......biting nails and fretting. ;-)

eitherhalf--and this answer I think applies to Jeff also--(and welcome to the board!):

I'm not sure, but both of you may be answering by example a question I posed in the thread I originally posted about the "normal" sequence of benefits. That question was whether the first 13 weeks of EUC that was originally given in the summer of 2008 for us long term unemployed would still be given to those newly unemployed. My guess, and I have to look into this further in terms of how the law is written, is that those first 13 weeks may be an expired program by now. It sounds like both of you went directly to the 20 weeks of EUC that was the Bush-signed law from Nov 2008, an extension of those first extra benefits.

IF that's the case (and you call and verify that you are in fact on 20 weeks of EUC, not EB) what should follow is that you are after that still eligible for the next program, EB, which is another 20 weeks, which program runs out sometime at the end of this year (we'll have to check the exact last day that folks can get a check). (Jeff, of course this would be a little less, as you indicated your program was shorter because of less work.)

The proposed legislation coming up, HR 3548, if passed as is, would give all of us an extra 13 weeks that would go back into our EUC (not EB) accounts. For most of us exhausting benefits now, that would take us through Christmas (no retroactive payments for those already out of EB). For both of you, if it's EUC you're on, you should be ok for a little longer.

Let us know your status when you get verification of your programs from AWI so we can know of this "new sequence."
nancym
nancym

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 27 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 21 ... 27  Next