Unemployed Florida

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Unemployed Florida
Unemployed Florida
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fall 2009 Unemployment Extension Possible

+36
InsuranceMan
connorsgp
Me From Jax
sharonB
LJ
cherylrose
Hoppy
Jacqui
Judy
aiden lee
frustratedinfl
John in Orlando
grandmom49
michellebailey
nelsong
nachomama
jim stratton
MiamiVice
ddee2026
Jeff
Tampa Bay - Anna
Maggi MIami
fred
kittyg59
Robbi314
flandar
tj21121008
waybol
hsd
GonzoFL
help
daytonawanda
SaraJ
nancym
Unemployed In Orlando
sc4ram
40 posters

Page 16 of 18 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17, 18  Next

Go down

Fall 2009 Unemployment Extension Possible - Page 16 Empty Re: Fall 2009 Unemployment Extension Possible

Post  grandmom49 Wed Nov 04, 2009 7:59 pm

98 - 0 tells me this should have happened at least 2 weeks ago. Now we have to watch the house of representatives and Pres Obama. I am tweeting Pres Obama to see if he has any estimate of when he will sign it. Thank you all for hanging in and posting such good information.

grandmom49

Back to top Go down

Fall 2009 Unemployment Extension Possible - Page 16 Empty Re: Fall 2009 Unemployment Extension Possible

Post  MiamiVice Wed Nov 04, 2009 8:31 pm

I am mentally exhausted. think i will be able to sleep normally tonite, geez, some weeks we had! Listen, is there any problem inthe wording of the bill, regarding the 14 week? because there is only about 8 weeks left in the year, and if this is supposed to end at year's end? or am I seeing things? hope i am seeing things, can someone enlighten me on this matter? because they should know of course that if they say 14 weeks and it has not even started yet, and there are only about 8 weeks left in the year, we would then not get 14 weeks, so i suppose this goes on after the end of the year. AM I CORRECT MY SWEETIES? I love you
MiamiVice
MiamiVice

Back to top Go down

Post  Unemployed In Orlando Wed Nov 04, 2009 8:35 pm

GonzoFL wrote:By a vote of 98-0,the United States Senate passed HR3548 unanimously.

Thanks for the update! I will go ahead and crank up the EUC thread in the main forum now that we have passed the Senate. I was a little premature last time hehe cheers
Unemployed In Orlando
Unemployed In Orlando
Admin

https://unemployed-florida.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Unemployed In Orlando Wed Nov 04, 2009 8:40 pm

Also made a few minor changes in threads under the Latest News forum, check it out Very Happy
Unemployed In Orlando
Unemployed In Orlando
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Tampa Bay - Anna Wed Nov 04, 2009 9:09 pm

Thanks for all the posts/ updates everyone!
Tampa Bay - Anna
Tampa Bay - Anna

Back to top Go down

Post  MiamiVice Wed Nov 04, 2009 9:12 pm

so UIO !!! do we still come here to talk about this or go to another topic? please let us know. Now is when the real thing starts.....jejejejejeje, UIO !!!!!! we love u !~!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love you I love you I love you
MiamiVice
MiamiVice

Back to top Go down

Fall 2009 Unemployment Extension Possible - Page 16 Empty House Leader Press Release

Post  Me From Jax Wed Nov 04, 2009 9:14 pm

Mr. Hoyer, said the vote could be brought to the House floor as early as tomorrow!

Source: http://majorityleader.gov/media/press.cfm?pressReleaseID=3547

Me From Jax

Back to top Go down

Post  Unemployed In Orlando Wed Nov 04, 2009 9:17 pm

Me From Jax wrote:Mr. Hoyer, said the vote could be brought to the House floor as early as tomorrow!

Source: http://majorityleader.gov/media/press.cfm?pressReleaseID=3547

Yeah, it shouldnt take long now, I only saw the Senate as the big hurdle. Should be all downhill from now on Basketball
Unemployed In Orlando
Unemployed In Orlando
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Unemployed In Orlando Wed Nov 04, 2009 9:19 pm

MiamiVice wrote:so UIO !!! do we still come here to talk about this or go to another topic? please let us know. Now is when the real thing starts.....jejejejejeje, UIO !!!!!! we love u !~!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love you I love you I love you

LOL Maggi

We can still discuss its journey to the president here. As far as benefit calculations etc (which will not be brought up probably until AWI gets the go ahead) can be posted under the Latest News forum on the homepage Very Happy
Unemployed In Orlando
Unemployed In Orlando
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Unemployed In Orlando Wed Nov 04, 2009 10:59 pm

Unemployed In Orlando
Unemployed In Orlando
Admin

Back to top Go down

Fall 2009 Unemployment Extension Possible - Page 16 Empty CNN Article

Post  sc4ram Thu Nov 05, 2009 12:03 am

Just a observation on the CNN article, I think the 79 week number is a error, i think it should be 99 (or 99-26). I happened to be near the TV today and heard Sen. Isakson say this was the last extension (while he was bantering with Sen/ Dodd on the floor) but I thought he was saying that about the homebuyers credit (not EUC)

Anybody have the same take?
_______________________________________________________________________________________________

"Lawmakers twice lengthened the time people can receive checks to as much as 79 weeks, depending on the state. But at least one Republican warned this would be the final extension.

"The public needs to ... know, this is the last extension," said Johnny Isakson, R-Ga."
sc4ram
sc4ram

Back to top Go down

Fall 2009 Unemployment Extension Possible - Page 16 Empty Sens announce deal to extend homebuyer tax credit

Post  sc4ram Thu Nov 05, 2009 12:19 am

In this article Sen Isakson calls the homebuyer credit a "once in a lifetime deal"

http://thehill.com/homenews/senate/65493-senate-has-deal-to-extend-homebuyer-tax-credit
sc4ram
sc4ram

Back to top Go down

Fall 2009 Unemployment Extension Possible - Page 16 Empty Senate acts to extend unemployment benefits, expand home-buyer tax credit

Post  sc4ram Thu Nov 05, 2009 12:21 am

Most of the other news releases say 99 weeks total (as does this one)

http://www.usatoday.com/money/economy/2009-11-04-jobless-benefits-homebuyer-credit-extension_N.htm?csp=34
sc4ram
sc4ram

Back to top Go down

Post  Unemployed In Orlando Thu Nov 05, 2009 8:42 am

This is what scares the shit out of me...

Fall 2009 Unemployment Extension Possible - Page 16 Chart_job_recovery2.03
Unemployed In Orlando
Unemployed In Orlando
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  InsuranceMan Thu Nov 05, 2009 8:49 am

So what will happen with this for people who haven't used up their benefits yet?

People who are currently on Tier whatever will continue into this additional 20 weeks when their current tier is up?

InsuranceMan

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeff Thu Nov 05, 2009 10:29 am

InsuranceMan wrote:So what will happen with this for people who haven't used up their benefits yet?

People who are currently on Tier whatever will continue into this additional 20 weeks when their current tier is up?

I wonder the same. Had thought that my benefits ended in October, but then received notice of approximately ten more weeks of unemployment, It's confusing and scary to not know whats coming. Does anyone here know of a ten week tier or extension, and where it is in the line of extensions?

Jeff

Back to top Go down

Post  nancym Thu Nov 05, 2009 2:19 pm

MiamiVice wrote:I am mentally exhausted. think i will be able to sleep normally tonite, geez, some weeks we had! Listen, is there any problem inthe wording of the bill, regarding the 14 week? because there is only about 8 weeks left in the year, and if this is supposed to end at year's end? or am I seeing things? hope i am seeing things, can someone enlighten me on this matter? because they should know of course that if they say 14 weeks and it has not even started yet, and there are only about 8 weeks left in the year, we would then not get 14 weeks, so i suppose this goes on after the end of the year. AM I CORRECT MY SWEETIES? I love you

Please, everyone here who is on EB, EUC, or has already exhausted EB or EUC, let's clear up any concern about news you hear about December deadlines--DO NOT WORRY ABOUT THIS!

Those deadline dates are for those who have not yet been able to claim EUC or EB, and I know there are a few here on this board in that situation. But for all the rest, the long term unemployed, this bill extends those 20 weeks (for Florida) across that December cutoff, and in fact has nothing to do with that cutoff.

NELP is still working to get other legislation to help those affected by that cutoff, and also the cutoff for that extra $25, which occurs I believe around June 2010 or something like that. So we can watch to see if Congress gets to this new legislation before recess or attends to it right after the New Year, but for now we long term unemployed can breathe a little.
nancym
nancym

Back to top Go down

Post  grandmom49 Thu Nov 05, 2009 2:26 pm

I have been monitoring today's congressional session on and off on CSPAN all morning and have not seen the extension bill brought up yet. Did I miss something? I am very afraid that it might run into a snag because of the amendments. Not all members of congress wanted the tax credits extended.

grandmom49

Back to top Go down

Post  Hoppy Thu Nov 05, 2009 2:39 pm

Nancym Wrote: Please, everyone here who is on EB, EUC, or has already exhausted EB or EUC, let's clear up any concern about news you hear about December deadlines--DO NOT WORRY ABOUT THIS!

I'm relieved this bill is finally moving forward for all of those who have already run out of benefits. I've just started my EB last month and my account was credited with 20 weeks but I assumed it would end at the end of the year regardless of weeks remaining. I just read the post from Nancym and just want to be sure I understand: the EB will run for the full 20 weeks and then this new EUC will start? (assuming I'm still w/o a job).

Last edited by Hoppy on Thu Nov 05, 2009 2:41 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : add Nancym's name to the quote)
Hoppy
Hoppy

Back to top Go down

Post  nancym Thu Nov 05, 2009 2:50 pm

Hoppy wrote:
Nancym Wrote: Please, everyone here who is on EB, EUC, or has already exhausted EB or EUC, let's clear up any concern about news you hear about December deadlines--DO NOT WORRY ABOUT THIS!

I'm relieved this bill is finally moving forward for all of those who have already run out of benefits. I've just started my EB last month and my account was credited with 20 weeks but I assumed it would end at the end of the year regardless of weeks remaining. I just read the post from Nancym and just want to be sure I understand: the EB will run for the full 20 weeks and then this new EUC will start? (assuming I'm still w/o a job).

OK, I was trying to make a post to reassure those who were worried about the new extension, the new EUC, being cutoff because of news reports about "December deadlines" mentioned in connection with this bill. But of course everyone is in a different program and has individual concerns. When you exhaust your EB, whether by being cut off by the deadline or not, you will go to this new EUC.

I still have questions as I've posted earlier about what happens with the more recently unemployed. In your case and other whose EB crosses over that December deadline (for the EB, NOT for this new bill, just to be clear) I'm not even clear myself yet how Florida or other states handle that. I sort of assume yours will be cut off, but then you'd be on the new 14 + 6 for this new bill. There is a "last pay" date for EB currently that I have to look up, or if anyone has it they can post here.

I think UIO himself has a similar situation; so I would watch for his posts about that. And also watch Congress to see if new legislation to extend those EB deadlines comes up before those deadlines (I think more likely in January).

As soon as I can get a clearer picture of it all, I'll revise my post under "Sequence of Benefits" here on this board to see if we can get some kind of flowchart in place!
nancym
nancym

Back to top Go down

Post  grandmom49 Thu Nov 05, 2009 2:54 pm

The bill is being debated now
http://cspan.org/Watch/C-SPAN_wm.aspx

grandmom49

Back to top Go down

Post  nancym Thu Nov 05, 2009 3:15 pm

(Raises hand) Guilty here, I should have answered questions about the actual provisions of HR 3548 over in UIO's new thread for this purpose at:

https://unemployed-florida.forumotion.com/latest-uc-eb-euc-awi-news-f1/general-euc-discussion-ongoing-t119.htm

Please post any questions and answers about the bill itself in this new thread for general EUC discussion, and continue to use this current thread for the political process and voting, etc.
nancym
nancym

Back to top Go down

Fall 2009 Unemployment Extension Possible - Page 16 Empty Final Vote Complete!!

Post  Me From Jax Thu Nov 05, 2009 4:23 pm

The House has passed the bill, with 403 members voting in favor and 12 Republicans voting nay. It's now off to the president's desk.

Me From Jax

Back to top Go down

Post  waybol Thu Nov 05, 2009 4:35 pm

I hope AWI is prepared for us this time

waybol

Back to top Go down

Post  nachomama Thu Nov 05, 2009 4:47 pm

waybol wrote:I hope AWI is prepared for us this time

I phoned my local One-Stop Workforce Connection and was connected to the unemployment people... I almost fainted when she said
that the Bill had passed but not to expect any payments until JANUARY..... I said "You have got to be kidding me" she replied by saying that that's what they have been told so far.. If this is true... Hell we will have starved to death by then.. Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
nachomama
nachomama

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 18 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17, 18  Next