Unemployed Florida

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Unemployed Florida
Unemployed Florida
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

General EUC Discussion - Ongoing

+86
nanny
CRFL1015
exotiq
deetann
LOTTIE1
Dixieannjobless
Star
Beaches
atwoodt
lec1234
MerryL
bonza32
technovative
prissy88
Garys1n2
ArleneG
ThatGirl03
studioWI
gknowles
martin59
daytonaman
spd76un
hor2culture
pima54
speedy1383
Sheila
oakensoul
ofantastic
John in Orlando
1Crimson1
LindaLou
nachomama
Chris U.
fred
Jeff
dplboc
missflorida
pyrox
angry
jim stratton
BillTamBay
buccobruce
madisonsnannie
motley
surfer
Marc
lafosl
KellyB
hating politics
Unemployed Mamma
Teresa
brb2007
Michael55
Dino69
cantfindajob
robin28
Cam in FL
hsd
Robyn
scrappy367
SaraJ
JJ in Florida
Robbi314
pebbles
waybol
sharonB
LJ
michelle
GonzoFL
sc4ram
grandmom49
bittybear
Hoppy
riceckr
Judy
Tampa Bay - Anna
sherbetarchitect
MiamiVice
Me From Jax
frustratedinfl
InsuranceMan
nancym
jamfaf
tj21121008
connorsgp
Unemployed In Orlando
90 posters

Page 20 of 37 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 28 ... 37  Next

Go down

General EUC Discussion - Ongoing - Page 20 Empty Re: General EUC Discussion - Ongoing

Post  BillTamBay Fri Dec 11, 2009 11:51 am

Has anyone that had their "checks issued" yesterday seen a deposit yet? I had DD before, but I recall someone here saying that the first "checks" will be mailed instead. I hope this is not the case because anything AWI sends me takes 8 to 10 days before I receive it (I think they still use Pony Express). If anyone here receives a DD that would be encouraging for those of us that are already set up for it.

BillTamBay

Back to top Go down

General EUC Discussion - Ongoing - Page 20 Empty Re: General EUC Discussion - Ongoing

Post  GonzoFL Fri Dec 11, 2009 12:15 pm

Bill,

I haven't had the honor of a check even issued as of yet,however,on another site,3 people are reporting payments received,two direct deposit and 1 received an actual check. 3 people out of tens of thousands....pretty shitty statistics. But then again,what were the odds we would still be unemployed after all these weeks. Hopefully all will receive some good news yet today.
GonzoFL
GonzoFL

Back to top Go down

Post  robin28 Fri Dec 11, 2009 12:34 pm

Well I have moved into the next waiting room! My account updated this morning and I was able to claim 4 weeks. So now I wait for payment. When I claimed this morning it did not ask for my DD info.

robin28

Back to top Go down

Post  Teresa Fri Dec 11, 2009 1:02 pm

my account was finally updated, but, I only have 7 weeks - anyone know why it wouldn't be at least 13?

Teresa

Back to top Go down

Post  GonzoFL Fri Dec 11, 2009 1:38 pm

Teresa wrote:my account was finally updated, but, I only have 7 weeks - anyone know why it wouldn't be at least 13?

If you have received the full weeks of previous benefits,then you should update to the 13 weeks. The system is some times buggered up when it first updates. Check your account later this afternoon and see if it has changed. If it hasn't, it wouldn't hurt to call AWi and see if they can manually get it rectified. Good luck and let us know how it works out.
GonzoFL
GonzoFL

Back to top Go down

Post  MiamiVice Fri Dec 11, 2009 1:40 pm

Teresa, i only got 11, and the same balance as i had on EB......now we have to look out like crazy for this other new bill to see what's gonna happen with the extra 6 weeks, i asked UIO if they will have a separate section for people talking about this new bill, i am waiting for his answer! affraid
MiamiVice
MiamiVice

Back to top Go down

General EUC Discussion - Ongoing - Page 20 Empty thread for new bill to extend deadlines

Post  nancym Fri Dec 11, 2009 2:03 pm

MiamiVice wrote:hEY UIO!!!! ARE WE going to have a separate section for the new bill??????? cyclops

Maggie--

You can follow the ongoing discussion for the new legislation here:

https://unemployed-florida.forumotion.com/senate-bills-state-policies-federal-initiatives-f6/when-will-congress-act-to-extend-arra-and-the-euc-program-t127.htm
nancym
nancym

Back to top Go down

Post  grandmom49 Fri Dec 11, 2009 2:06 pm

GonzoFL wrote:
Teresa wrote:my account was finally updated, but, I only have 7 weeks - anyone know why it wouldn't be at least 13?

If you have received the full weeks of previous benefits,then you should update to the 13 weeks. The system is some times buggered up when it first updates. Check your account later this afternoon and see if it has changed. If it hasn't, it wouldn't hurt to call AWi and see if they can manually get it rectified. Good luck and let us know how it works out.
That's right Gonzo. Not everyone is getting the full 12/14/20 weeks. It depends on how many weeks you were eligible for on your original claim.
Definitely check with AWI if your original claim was for the full 26 weeks or if you don't remember what your original determination was.

grandmom49

Back to top Go down

Post  BillTamBay Fri Dec 11, 2009 2:09 pm

Looks like DD worked. The payment isn't in the account yet, but the bank told me it was scheduled to hit on Monday. Oh well, we've waited this long. It's just good to know Christmas for my family won't be in the dark with no running water. It was that close. The children will get a present and I'm grateful to god and AWI for that. Also the congressmen and women who pushed this bill through despite the senate's delay tactics. I hope we all remember them when we vote the opposing senators out of office during the next few years.

BillTamBay

Back to top Go down

Post  Teresa Fri Dec 11, 2009 2:13 pm

ok one last question, sorry to be a pain today. they confirmed for me that I am set up as direct deposit (I didn't have it before). If "checks" are cut for me today, how soon will I see the direct deposit?

Teresa

Back to top Go down

Post  nancym Fri Dec 11, 2009 2:16 pm

Teresa--

I don't recall your exact situation; were you one of the group that was receiving EB after Nov 1?
nancym
nancym

Back to top Go down

Post  Teresa Fri Dec 11, 2009 2:22 pm

no, my last check was back in July

Teresa

Back to top Go down

Post  nancym Fri Dec 11, 2009 2:30 pm

Teresa wrote:no, my last check was back in July

Oh ok, good, meaning that probably that 7 weeks is in error, assuming that you usually get the max number of weeks in each tier, it should say at least 13, if not 14 weeks. But there just seem to be some persistent programming glitches, like Gonzo says, so it's hard to take seriously what we see on these screens sometimes, at least until the dust settles.
nancym
nancym

Back to top Go down

Post  lafosl Fri Dec 11, 2009 2:35 pm

O.K. Finally my payment is showing up today. But, I guess they are taking taxes out even though I oppted not to have taxes taken out?? I was just wondering if anyone knew anything about that, and also what about the extra week some say we will be recieving from Tier II, or extended benefits, whichever it is. I do not know if that information about the extra week is correct. I was just wondering if anyone who recieved their payment on yesterday recieved the extra week I have heard about. Thank you in advance. Thank God I did recieve a payment though, for that I am thankful.

lafosl

Back to top Go down

General EUC Discussion - Ongoing - Page 20 Empty money!

Post  nancym Fri Dec 11, 2009 2:56 pm

Wow! I was just about to give up on my account updating today, after checking a couple of times in the last few hours. But I just checked now (12:45 PM) and a check was issued for 3 weeks!

I didn't see any "busy processing" prompt when I went to my account, so I'm wondering if these account reports are now just being corrected manually, or there may be a programmer's correction or what, I dunno. I noticed on the national board that one person in another state said his online account showed absolutely no update, but yet he received a check! Not that that's Florida, but just thinking there may still be a big disjunct between what we see on screen and what is actually being processed.

Details:
--The check was issued today; I have DD, so I'm expecting that, but we'll see what happens, Monday I assume.
--I was issued the 3 weeks of the extra $25 also.
--No taxes taken out. (I answered no to that queston on the application.)
--Important: Even though the first update I saw on my account showed only 13 weeks, when this last screen updated with the check issuance, the totals with the remaining balance came out to the correct amount for 14 weeks. --So anyone worried about the extra week, you should see it correct itself going forward.
nancym
nancym

Back to top Go down

General EUC Discussion - Ongoing - Page 20 Empty ongoing

Post  cantfindajob Fri Dec 11, 2009 2:58 pm

My account now says payment issued, $1100 and $100...I have DD so I'll update when it hits my account...I feel like celebrating....I'm going to splurge and go to Subway...LOL looks like things are finally working..I sure hope everyone is having the same experience...if not CALL AWI for assistance...good luck and happy holidays..
cantfindajob
cantfindajob

Back to top Go down

Post  nancym Fri Dec 11, 2009 3:04 pm

cantfindajob wrote:My account now says payment issued, $1100 and $100...I have DD so I'll update when it hits my account...I feel like celebrating....I'm going to splurge and go to Subway...LOL looks like things are finally working..I sure hope everyone is having the same experience...if not CALL AWI for assistance...good luck and happy holidays..

cantfindajob--

Thank god! I was worried about you and that Dec 21 deadline.
nancym
nancym

Back to top Go down

Post  Teresa Fri Dec 11, 2009 3:07 pm

everytime I move an inch in this process there is another hitch. It updated this morning, let me claim 4 weeks, but no checks were cut today.

Teresa

Back to top Go down

Post  sharonB Fri Dec 11, 2009 3:26 pm

Your Balance is $0.00
Reminder: Your next date to claim benefits will be on Monday, 09/21/2009. If for any reason there are no weeks available for you to claim, you may call 1-800-732-8204 and speak with a customer service representative.

Records are updated each evening of every business day.

Still sitting on nothing. I called Casandra/Melody - left a message. I'm so depressed.
sharonB
sharonB

Back to top Go down

Post  michelle Fri Dec 11, 2009 3:39 pm

sharonB wrote:Well, here I sit reading all about how so many people are getting account updates and some are even able to claim weeks. My benefits ran out in Sept and nothing has updated, claimed, or changed to my account. I called last night and after a 25 minute wait, I was told that yes, I did file, duh! and it tales 7-10 days to process. That I should wait for my letter to tell me when to claim and for how much! Come on!!

Monday morning, I checked the site and there was no way to claim tier III. I checked back in 15 minutes and it was posted, I jumped all over it! If they are doing this on a first come first serve, as I was told in my phone call, I should have been in the top thousand at least!

I just don't know what to do or say anymore. Should I call Casandra or Melody? Would this give me any new information about my claim? I feel as though I am forgotten, lost, or even left out. I feel like something went wrong with my account. My gut instincts are usually right!

I should be signing this No Christmas for me and my daughter. (single mom) Crying or Very sad

yes definetly call I was in the same boat as you I too claimed monday and was watching everybody around me update and claim weeks. so I called Melody and left a message, she couldn't get back to me until the next day. while on the phone with her she pushed my app through and whamo... I was updated this morning with weeks to claim.
michelle
michelle

Back to top Go down

Post  michelle Fri Dec 11, 2009 3:41 pm

sharonB wrote:
Your Balance is $0.00
Reminder: Your next date to claim benefits will be on Monday, 09/21/2009. If for any reason there are no weeks available for you to claim, you may call 1-800-732-8204 and speak with a customer service representative.

Records are updated each evening of every business day.

Still sitting on nothing. I called Casandra/Melody - left a message. I'm so depressed.

call again... and again if you have too. now you need to push them.
michelle
michelle

Back to top Go down

Post  missflorida Fri Dec 11, 2009 4:41 pm

I was issued a check today for 4 weeks but I was missing funds. I thought they were taking taxes out but I was told I only received a partial payment for tier 2 and 3 full payments for tier 3, Sounds weird to me because I thought I would get a full week for tier 2? I still think it's taxes, so I faxed a form to discontinue it just in case. Waah! They took out a hundred bucks when I need every dime I can get right now.

missflorida

Back to top Go down

General EUC Discussion - Ongoing - Page 20 Empty Cassandra

Post  sharonB Fri Dec 11, 2009 4:56 pm

She just called me back. She is so kind that she brought tears to my eyes. She is, of course, helping me get my benefits rolling. I told her about this website and how people are praising her work. I asked her how she can do this, make it so easy, and she said is was because of God. That she believes in the Holy Spirit and she works through Him to help people. I could not have been given a better answer! She asked me if I am having any more problems, who am I going to call? I said you. (Cassandra) She said "That's right! I will take care of you so call ME is you have any more problems." I said "I will!"

I should be all set on Momday to claim weeks dating back to Nov. 14th. She asked the questions if I was able and available for work, etc...

I would not have survived another week without money.

God Bless this site, Cassandra, and all you great folks!

I'll update myself as I go forward.

santa
sharonB
sharonB

Back to top Go down

Post  lafosl Fri Dec 11, 2009 5:05 pm

I was given that same 4% thing some other people on this site were posting about the extra week from tier II. I was able to claim 2 weeks for tier III on Tuesday. My check today that is on the web site is only for one week from tier III and one week from tier II minus the 4%. What the heck happened to my other week. I am so confused. Any one else have the same issue? I called Cassandra (the blessing that she is ) and I am waiting on a call back.

All the praise Cassandra has recieved, that girl deserves a raise!!! She is great and where would alot of us be without her, she is truely an angel!!!

lafosl

Back to top Go down

Post  Teresa Fri Dec 11, 2009 5:16 pm

anyone who has had a check issued already, can you answer this? how long after your account was updated, you were able to claim weeks, did it take to show a check was issued?

Teresa

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 37 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 28 ... 37  Next