Unemployed Florida

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Unemployed Florida
Unemployed Florida
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Homeless Strategy

4 posters

Go down

Homeless Strategy Empty Homeless Strategy

Post  studioWI Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:44 am

Pretty soon, I'm going to be out of UC resources and am looking homelessness directly in the face. Even @ rate of UC I receive, it's still less expensive than housing me in jail...which is where I may well find myself.

Sigh.

studioWI

Back to top Go down

Homeless Strategy Empty Re: Homeless Strategy

Post  Robyn Sun Feb 28, 2010 3:06 am

Hey, studioWI, hang in there. It's definitely tough. Do you have anyone you can stay with? You mentioned jail. Are you planning something drastic?? Resources are out there. Explain a bit and we'll come up w/ some ideas.

Robyn

Back to top Go down

Homeless Strategy Empty RE: Homeless Strategy

Post  daytonaman Sun Feb 28, 2010 8:49 am

Hey studio, I understand your feelings, I'm facing the same thing as are many others on this site, there are some resources, What county are you in?
This site is here for the unemployed, to share info and ideas to help each other in these tough times, please don't do anything you will regret. Ask here, myself and others will try to help.
daytonaman
daytonaman

Back to top Go down

Homeless Strategy Empty Same boat

Post  Sheila Tue Mar 30, 2010 3:51 pm

I'm in the same boat. I am not planning to go to jail, but my benefits ran out March 15th and there are no jobs in Ocala. I had an interview yesterday. It went well in the sense that I liked the people and the business, however I was given the "We aren't going to make a decision until next week" speel. Well, I know what that means, its the same as "Well, we still have many applicants to interview".. .They all mean the same thing, NO, you didn't get the job!!! Why can't they just say that!!!! Sorry, but I am at my wits end too. I only have a month's worth of bills I can pay left and that is only because I got some taxes back. I've been fighting homelessness, car-lessness, and food-lessness for over 2 years now. I am losing. I am a single mom and have already been sued by one bank, they can now call and harrass me every week legally. They don't just put a lien on your house anymore, now they wait until they can pounce and steal your paychecks. I'm sure someone else will sue me too. Sorry for the rant, but I am out of time. I'm 47, if I lose everything now, I will never get it back. Welcome to freakin America.

P.S., I've notice hardly anyone posts here anymore. I bet they have given up.

Sheila

Back to top Go down

Post  studioWI Tue Mar 30, 2010 6:48 pm

Sheila wrote:I'm in the same boat. I am not planning to go to jail, but my benefits ran out March 15th and there are no jobs in Ocala. I had an interview yesterday. It went well in the sense that I liked the people and the business, however I was given the "We aren't going to make a decision until next week" speel. Well, I know what that means, its the same as "Well, we still have many applicants to interview".. .They all mean the same thing, NO, you didn't get the job!!! Why can't they just say that!!!! Sorry, but I am at my wits end too. I only have a month's worth of bills I can pay left and that is only because I got some taxes back. I've been fighting homelessness, car-lessness, and food-lessness for over 2 years now. I am losing. I am a single mom and have already been sued by one bank, they can now call and harrass me every week legally. They don't just put a lien on your house anymore, now they wait until they can pounce and steal your paychecks. I'm sure someone else will sue me too. Sorry for the rant, but I am out of time. I'm 47, if I lose everything now, I will never get it back. Welcome to freakin America.

Hi Sheila...I appreciate ur compassion in a late date response. I too am on the verge of losing everything...but I'm still posting and am still not quite homeless. Yet.

In a more positive voice, I suspect that it's all quiet here because nothing is going to change until the 12th and us Floridians are smart enough to recognize that.

Hang on Sheila.

studioWI

Back to top Go down

Post  Sheila Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:26 pm

studioWI wrote:
Sheila wrote:I'm in the same boat. I am not planning to go to jail, but my benefits ran out March 15th and there are no jobs in Ocala. I had an interview yesterday. It went well in the sense that I liked the people and the business, however I was given the "We aren't going to make a decision until next week" speel. Well, I know what that means, its the same as "Well, we still have many applicants to interview".. .They all mean the same thing, NO, you didn't get the job!!! Why can't they just say that!!!! Sorry, but I am at my wits end too. I only have a month's worth of bills I can pay left and that is only because I got some taxes back. I've been fighting homelessness, car-lessness, and food-lessness for over 2 years now. I am losing. I am a single mom and have already been sued by one bank, they can now call and harrass me every week legally. They don't just put a lien on your house anymore, now they wait until they can pounce and steal your paychecks. I'm sure someone else will sue me too. Sorry for the rant, but I am out of time. I'm 47, if I lose everything now, I will never get it back. Welcome to freakin America.

Hi Sheila...I appreciate ur compassion in a late date response. I too am on the verge of losing everything...but I'm still posting and am still not quite homeless. Yet.

In a more positive voice, I suspect that it's all quiet here because nothing is going to change until the 12th and us Floridians are smart enough to recognize that.

Hang on Sheila.
Thank you--I'm hanging in there, just having a bad day.

Sheila

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down