Unemployed Florida

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Unemployed Florida
Unemployed Florida
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

General EB Discussion - Ongoing

+87
snugglebear
Ar
frogpatch
Evelyn
Michael55
rosemary
Steve_
MerryL
gaineslady
UEINFL
ThatGirl03
Chris U.
michelle
jessica2009
hsd
Judy
Unemployed Mamma
sharonB
grandmom49
Hoppy
scrappy367
LindaLou
connorsgp
Sheila
studioWI
nanny
stein113
jamfaf
Jeff
eitherhalf
John in Orlando
frustratedinfl
kittyg59
Montanakat
maybee
jim jam
jim stratton
jkaplan2195
Beaches
dzabuk
Kirby
johnhwclarke
DisneyDean
garyb
Marc
waybol
GonzoFL
riceckr
Me From Jax
anotherunemployed
Robbi314
RobinSamRyan
SaraJ
surfer
sc4ram
waiting in St Lucie
waiting
pyrox
barbi65
katie
ddee2026
gregFL
irwinojames
nancym
elissa
daytonawanda
Teresa
brb2007
Robyn
LJ
marryp2007
jax123
jon813
floridagirl
Jenn
Cam in FL
Tampa Bay - Anna
hungry in orange city
suicidal
Jacqui
sherbetarchitect
ArleneG
J in FL
trishl127
A-A-A-A79
Maggi MIami
Unemployed In Orlando
91 posters

Page 5 of 27 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 16 ... 27  Next

Go down

General EB Discussion - Ongoing - Page 5 Empty Re: General EB Discussion - Ongoing

Post  Maggi MIami Wed Jul 15, 2009 4:13 pm

Hey UIO! I carefully counted the total of weeks i am being paid, and it comes to 19, do you have any idea if that would ok or something is wrong?
Maggi MIami
Maggi MIami

Back to top Go down

General EB Discussion - Ongoing - Page 5 Empty Re: General EB Discussion - Ongoing

Post  Unemployed In Orlando Wed Jul 15, 2009 4:21 pm

Maggi MIami wrote:Hey UIO! I carefully counted the total of weeks i am being paid, and it comes to 19, do you have any idea if that would ok or something is wrong?

Do you mean you have a total of 19 weeks of checks being issued or do you mean that your total comes to 19 weeks of credits? Copy/paste your most recent claim info here and lets see whats up.
Unemployed In Orlando
Unemployed In Orlando
Admin

https://unemployed-florida.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

General EB Discussion - Ongoing - Page 5 Empty ACCOUNT INFO UPDATED FINALLY

Post  irwinojames Wed Jul 15, 2009 4:30 pm

What's Up Guys, checked account info @ 3pm today finally updated, filed Claimed on 06/19 so looks like things are starting to move finally.

irwinojames

Back to top Go down

General EB Discussion - Ongoing - Page 5 Empty AWI letter in the mail today

Post  gregFL Wed Jul 15, 2009 5:28 pm

Hello all,

My letter today
Monetary Determintain For Extended Benifits (EB) recieved today in the mail
EB claim effective date 03/29/09
letter states:
I'm eligible to receive EB benefits based on my unemployment compensation claim filed effective
02/10/08 (below that ,there's 2 boxes)
mine is
Based on the TUR at the time your EB claim was effective, you are entitled to 50% of the total available credits on your reg. unemployment claim or 13 weeks of benefits, whichever is less
Not
Based on the TUR at the time your EB claim was effective, you are entitled to 80%..(20 weeks)

I hope this is not correct, if it is , all I will receive is 11 weeks

Great job on this website UIO
gregFL
gregFL

Back to top Go down

General EB Discussion - Ongoing - Page 5 Empty so confused!!!!

Post  jon813 Wed Jul 15, 2009 5:45 pm

The following is current information for your regular unemployment claim:

Your benefit year began on 02/25/08.
Your weekly benefit amount is $92.00.
Your available credits were: $1180.00.

A check in the amount of $422.00, was issued on 07/14/09 for 6 weeks. Checks are mailed one working day after being issued.

A stimulus check in the amount of $150.00, was issued on 07/14/09 for 6 weeks. Checks are mailed one working day after being issued.

Your Balance is $0.00
does this mean that i am done... They have paid me 13 weeks am i not going to be able to collect till December...??? I am freaking out...

*EDIT Bumped to correct thread

Last edited by Unemployed In Orlando on Wed Jul 15, 2009 5:52 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Moved to correct thread)

jon813

Back to top Go down

Post  Unemployed In Orlando Wed Jul 15, 2009 5:57 pm

Greg and Jon, all I know is that it was stated people would receive "up to 20 weeks" of EB. I have seen others that did not get the full 20 weeks depending on when their EUC ran out. I think it was if your EUC ran out before April then you might not receive the full 20 weeks. Those with EUC payments more recent then that would receive the full 20 weeks. This info can be found on the determination letter you should have received by now. This is so damn confusing for us all, nothing has been black and white, just a huge gray area we have only been able to decipher a little at a time. Evil or Very Mad
Unemployed In Orlando
Unemployed In Orlando
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  sherbetarchitect Wed Jul 15, 2009 6:56 pm

Oh I have determination letters but of course they still have to delete the mystery code before I get money. So you sent me an eligibility letter but you are telling me you have to review my claim THAT ALREADY HAS BEEN PROCESSED to redetermine my eligibility based on the State I currently live in. Oh so it wasn't enough that the State my claim was in has enacted EB - I also have to reside somewhere that has enacted EB but oops we aren't going to mention this till your claim was already processed. NUTSO. Thank God I live in an EB state. And that I know that I will still eventually get money. Hopefully before I lose everything else I haven't already lost. Just venting.

sherbetarchitect

Back to top Go down

General EB Discussion - Ongoing - Page 5 Empty to GREG and JOHN

Post  Jacqui Wed Jul 15, 2009 7:38 pm

Unemployed In Orlando wrote:Greg and Jon, all I know is that it was stated people would receive "up to 20 weeks" of EB. I have seen others that did not get the full 20 weeks depending on when their EUC ran out. I think it was if your EUC ran out before April then you might not receive the full 20 weeks. Those with EUC payments more recent then that would receive the full 20 weeks. This info can be found on the determination letter you should have received by now. This is so damn confusing for us all, nothing has been black and white, just a huge gray area we have only been able to decipher a little at a time. Evil or Very Mad

UIO I am in the same boat so I have done much looking into this. John and Greg you will get 80%. Because your date is before 4/18 it starts by giving us 50%. then it pays you up to 4/18 then redoes your amount up to 80%. Mine is 4/4 and i claimed 15 weeks. it first rejects it and then paid me for the 3 weeks. 4/4 to 4/18. Then it will bump it up to the 80%. It takes a couple extra days to get your money because of it. but you do get it all.

Have either one of you claimed your weeks yet? if so how many weeks have you claimed???

Jacqui

Back to top Go down

Post  Jacqui Wed Jul 15, 2009 7:40 pm

jon813 wrote:The following is current information for your regular unemployment claim:

Your benefit year began on 02/25/08.
Your weekly benefit amount is $92.00.
Your available credits were: $1180.00.

A check in the amount of $422.00, was issued on 07/14/09 for 6 weeks. Checks are mailed one working day after being issued.

A stimulus check in the amount of $150.00, was issued on 07/14/09 for 6 weeks. Checks are mailed one working day after being issued.

Your Balance is $0.00

*EDIT Bumped to correct thread

Jon you get 80% of your origianl claim. dont worry about what the numbers are running now. the system will catch up with its self.
does this mean that i am done... They have paid me 13 weeks am i not going to be able to collect till December...??? I am freaking out...

Last edited by Jacqui on Wed Jul 15, 2009 7:41 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : put comment in quote)

Jacqui

Back to top Go down

Post  Jacqui Wed Jul 15, 2009 7:42 pm

gregFL wrote:Hello all,

My letter today
Monetary Determintain For Extended Benifits (EB) recieved today in the mail
EB claim effective date 03/29/09
letter states:
I'm eligible to receive EB benefits based on my unemployment compensation claim filed effective
02/10/08 (below that ,there's 2 boxes)
mine is
Based on the TUR at the time your EB claim was effective, you are entitled to 50% of the total available credits on your reg. unemployment claim or 13 weeks of benefits, whichever is less
Not
Based on the TUR at the time your EB claim was effective, you are entitled to 80%..(20 weeks)

I hope this is not correct, if it is , all I will receive is 11 weeks

Great job on this website UIO

greg mine is the same. but as i stated to UIO above that is not true. when you claimed your weeks how many did it let you claim?

Jacqui

Back to top Go down

Post  gregFL Wed Jul 15, 2009 8:19 pm

Jacqui,

I claimed 11 weeks online June 15th
I claimed 15 weeks again online July 13th (Mon)
(paste from website)
Your benefit year began on 02/10/08.
Your weekly benefit amount is $154.00.
Your available credits were: $1660.00.

A check in the amount of $462.00, was issued on 07/14/09 for 3 weeks. Checks are mailed one working day after being issued.

A stimulus check in the amount of $75.00, was issued on 07/14/09 for 3 weeks. Checks are mailed one working day after being issued.

Your Balance is $1198.00
gregFL
gregFL

Back to top Go down

Post  Jacqui Wed Jul 15, 2009 8:42 pm

gregFL wrote:Jacqui,

I claimed 11 weeks online June 15th
I claimed 15 weeks again online July 13th (Mon)
(paste from website)
Your benefit year began on 02/10/08.
Your weekly benefit amount is $154.00.
Your available credits were: $1660.00.

A check in the amount of $462.00, was issued on 07/14/09 for 3 weeks. Checks are mailed one working day after being issued.

A stimulus check in the amount of $75.00, was issued on 07/14/09 for 3 weeks. Checks are mailed one working day after being issued.

Your Balance is $1198.00

Greg is 1660 50% or 80% of your original amount?

Jacqui

Back to top Go down

Post  gregFL Wed Jul 15, 2009 9:18 pm

Greg is 1660 50% or 80% of your original amount?

not sure

$154 x 10 = 1054
so it's just over 10 out of 20 weeks
gregFL
gregFL

Back to top Go down

Post  Jacqui Wed Jul 15, 2009 9:37 pm

gregFL wrote:Greg is 1660 50% or 80% of your original amount?

not sure

$154 x 10 = 1054

Do you know what your original claim amount was when you first received unemplyment?

Jacqui

Back to top Go down

Post  gregFL Wed Jul 15, 2009 10:00 pm

[quote="Jacqui"]
gregFL wrote:Greg is 1660 50% or 80% of your original amount?

not sure

$154 x 10 = 1054

Do you know what your original claim amount was when you first received unemplyment?

Available credits $3320
base period 10/01/06 thru 09/30/07
gregFL
gregFL

Back to top Go down

Post  gregFL Wed Jul 15, 2009 10:02 pm

did that help?
gregFL
gregFL

Back to top Go down

Post  Jacqui Wed Jul 15, 2009 10:23 pm

gregFL wrote:did that help?

Yes that is better!! ok so now you are showing 1660$? which is only 50%. I was told by two people (Robert and Melody, which should have numbers on the contact page and seem very reliable, Oh I lied by Bridget too) that everyone will get 80% of their orignal claim. which in your case will be 2656$. So you will jump up to that in the next couple days!!

Jacqui

Back to top Go down

Post  Jacqui Wed Jul 15, 2009 10:33 pm

I spoke with Robert today and he confirmed Melody and Bridget the other day that the system originally rejected my claim because the 15 wks (same as you) claimed the other day was more than the balance I had (what it shows now), and it would pay out until the system caught up to the date 4/18. After that my 50% shown would bump up to 80% and it would finish paying me out. And in my case is all but 1 week (and some days) left. No one was sure if that second check would be the remander of retro or if it would come in a couple checks. But basically it will jump up, and we will get all of it by the time we claim our next week, which should only be 1+ week. Where as a lot of people are only owed a few weeks of retro and have to continue to claim to exhaust it. Does that make sense? When did your original EB show up? Mine showed up friday. updated that to claim the 15 weeks on monday, checks sent on tuesday (direct deposit for me), but no money and no update to 80% yet.

Jacqui

Back to top Go down

Post  gregFL Thu Jul 16, 2009 12:02 am

Jacqui wrote:
I spoke with Robert today and he confirmed Melody and Bridget the other day that the system originally rejected my claim because the 15 wks (same as you) claimed the other day was more than the balance I had (what it shows now), and it would pay out until the system caught up to the date 4/18. After that my 50% shown would bump up to 80% and it would finish paying me out. And in my case is all but 1 week (and some days) left. No one was sure if that second check would be the remander of retro or if it would come in a couple checks. But basically it will jump up, and we will get all of it by the time we claim our next week, which should only be 1+ week. Where as a lot of people are only owed a few weeks of retro and have to continue to claim to exhaust it. Does that make sense? When did your original EB show up? Mine showed up friday. updated that to claim the 15 weeks on monday, checks sent on tuesday (direct deposit for me), but no money and no update to 80% yet.

Let's see what happens when the mail comes 7/16
gregFL
gregFL

Back to top Go down

General EB Discussion - Ongoing - Page 5 Empty direct deposit

Post  gregFL Thu Jul 16, 2009 3:52 am

Just watched Top chef (dvr) , then looked at my BOA acct, for the hell of it @ 2 am, and I have my 3 weeks , atleast my cell phone will not be cut off now (nuff about me)
I beleive this might be a great new start this morning for allot of people, (hopefully)
gregFL
gregFL

Back to top Go down

Post  Jacqui Thu Jul 16, 2009 8:23 am

Well I just woke up at 7am like clock work to check my account. And it is finally saying 80% instead of 50%. I have only been sent 3 weeks still (which is in the bank this morning after being deposited on the 14th), but at least now I see the 80% which was my biggest concern!!!! Yeah!!!

Jacqui

Back to top Go down

Post  Cam in FL Thu Jul 16, 2009 8:39 am

Finally....my account was updated this morning. I received the full 20 weeks, was able to claim all retro weeks, and my next date to claim in on 7/28.....just an FYI...I filed online on 6/24!
Cam in FL
Cam in FL

Back to top Go down

General EB Discussion - Ongoing - Page 5 Empty new update to AWI FAQ

Post  nancym Thu Jul 16, 2009 9:11 am

(not sure of the best place to post this...)

FYI everybody, if you haven't noticed, the EB FAQ was updated again late yesterday. I'm not sure exactly what was changed overall (why don't they underline it or something!), but I think the section on how to claim is expanded.

Frankly, I don't think any of the changes really answer the questions posted on this forum, but you might want to check it our for yourselves:

updated AWI FAQ
nancym
nancym

Back to top Go down

Post  Unemployed In Orlando Thu Jul 16, 2009 9:37 am

nancym wrote:(not sure of the best place to post this...)

FYI everybody, if you haven't noticed, the EB FAQ was updated again late yesterday. I'm not sure exactly what was changed overall (why don't they underline it or something!), but I think the section on how to claim is expanded.

Frankly, I don't think any of the changes really answer the questions posted on this forum, but you might want to check it our for yourselves:

updated AWI FAQ

This is what was updated,

When can I expect my first payment?
If you submitted an EB application and claimed retroactive weeks, you will receive a determination of eligibility and, if eligible, an initial payment no later than July 24th.

If your Emergency Unemployment Compensation benefits exhausted on or after July 1, 2009 and you submitted an EB application, you will receive a determination of eligibility and forms for claiming weeks. If eligible, a payment for claimed weeks will be made within three weeks of the receipt of your application.
Unemployed In Orlando
Unemployed In Orlando
Admin

Back to top Go down

General EB Discussion - Ongoing - Page 5 Empty Account Updated YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA but not sure if should claim weeks or not

Post  brb2007 Thu Jul 16, 2009 10:08 am

The following is current information for your regular unemployment claim:

Your benefit year began on 03/16/08.
Your weekly benefit amount is $237.00.
Your available credits were: $4676.00. No checks have been issued on your claim.

Your Balance is $4676.00
Reminder: Your next date to claim benefits will be on Monday, 07/13/2009. If for any reason there are no weeks available for you to claim, you may call 1-800-732-8204 and speak with a customer service representative.

Records are updated each evening of every business day.

Can i still claim my weeks today
brb2007
brb2007

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 27 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 16 ... 27  Next