Unemployed Florida

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Unemployed Florida
Unemployed Florida
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

General EB Discussion - Ongoing

+87
snugglebear
Ar
frogpatch
Evelyn
Michael55
rosemary
Steve_
MerryL
gaineslady
UEINFL
ThatGirl03
Chris U.
michelle
jessica2009
hsd
Judy
Unemployed Mamma
sharonB
grandmom49
Hoppy
scrappy367
LindaLou
connorsgp
Sheila
studioWI
nanny
stein113
jamfaf
Jeff
eitherhalf
John in Orlando
frustratedinfl
kittyg59
Montanakat
maybee
jim jam
jim stratton
jkaplan2195
Beaches
dzabuk
Kirby
johnhwclarke
DisneyDean
garyb
Marc
waybol
GonzoFL
riceckr
Me From Jax
anotherunemployed
Robbi314
RobinSamRyan
SaraJ
surfer
sc4ram
waiting in St Lucie
waiting
pyrox
barbi65
katie
ddee2026
gregFL
irwinojames
nancym
elissa
daytonawanda
Teresa
brb2007
Robyn
LJ
marryp2007
jax123
jon813
floridagirl
Jenn
Cam in FL
Tampa Bay - Anna
hungry in orange city
suicidal
Jacqui
sherbetarchitect
ArleneG
J in FL
trishl127
A-A-A-A79
Maggi MIami
Unemployed In Orlando
91 posters

Page 7 of 27 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 17 ... 27  Next

Go down

General EB Discussion - Ongoing - Page 7 Empty Re: General EB Discussion - Ongoing

Post  hungry in orange city Thu Jul 16, 2009 9:34 pm

Maggi MIami wrote:come on people now, smile at your brother, everybody get together,try to love one another right now!",......excerpts from a very nice song from the 70s that i heard not long ago. Thanks Hungry. I was surprised that you did not recognize me from the other forum! I love you

Sure I do, but I was not referring to to you. I love you
hungry in orange city
hungry in orange city

Back to top Go down

General EB Discussion - Ongoing - Page 7 Empty Re: General EB Discussion - Ongoing

Post  Cam in FL Fri Jul 17, 2009 8:51 am

i'm guessing i missed a pretty "heated" afternoon in here yesterday?!?

i hope everyone is well & not too stressed, hell, it's friday afterall. anyhow, yesterday i got caught in the payment processing system....i was only paid my first week of retro and i'm hoping the system updates again today to pay me out the remainder....we'll see, otherwise, that's about all i have going on with my claim at the moment.

hope you all have a great day! Surprised
Cam in FL
Cam in FL

Back to top Go down

Post  suicidal Fri Jul 17, 2009 11:06 am

Well, its friday and i hope today bring good news to all waiting for an update on their claim.

suicidal

Back to top Go down

Post  hungry in orange city Fri Jul 17, 2009 11:10 am

All 8 weeks are in my bank account today. Filed online 6/16, AWI updated 7/15. Very Happy
hungry in orange city
hungry in orange city

Back to top Go down

Post  Unemployed In Orlando Fri Jul 17, 2009 1:48 pm

Unemployed In Orlando
Unemployed In Orlando
Admin

https://unemployed-florida.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Cam in FL Fri Jul 17, 2009 3:05 pm

on a side note…i just checked the system & my retro weeks were issued today as i thought they might. i’m all caught up at this point and my next date to claim is on 7/28.

THANK YOU to each and everyone of you that have been so very helpful, offered support and have just been so kind. It’s so nice to know that regardless of the hardships we’re facing, people are still able to find compassion, understanding and are able to come together and push forward. THANK YOU, thank you, thank you many times over!

i will continue to be an active member of this forum, to offer my support & any help to those that continue to wait for updates as well as payments.

this fight is far from over, this economy is going to require a lot of "digging out" and we must come together & continue to fight for what is truly ours!
Cam in FL
Cam in FL

Back to top Go down

Post  sherbetarchitect Fri Jul 17, 2009 4:00 pm

I'm posting in general discussion although this could go in out of state EB or claiming retro weeks - THEY FINALLY CUT A CHECK. For 11 weeks. Not sure where the 12th week is. Maybe there will be a separate check for that 1 week? But my balance is correct so regardless I'll get it. Anyone know if Saturday will count in the 48 hrs till the money hits my bank or will it probably hit Tuesday?

sherbetarchitect

Back to top Go down

Post  LJ Fri Jul 17, 2009 4:32 pm

@ sherbetarchitect: Glad to see your retro weeks were paid! I also had 10 weeks paid too. I talked to a AWI Agent and he said my direct deposit will be sent out Monday. I anticipate Tues. to see funds in checking acct. Thank God!!

LJ

Back to top Go down

Post  sherbetarchitect Fri Jul 17, 2009 7:05 pm

Yay for LJ! Yay for everyone waiting on money that got some come finally.

LJ wrote:@ sherbetarchitect: Glad to see your retro weeks were paid! I also had 10 weeks paid too. I talked to a AWI Agent and he said my direct deposit will be sent out Monday. I anticipate Tues. to see funds in checking acct. Thank God!!

sherbetarchitect

Back to top Go down

General EB Discussion - Ongoing - Page 7 Empty Re: General EB Discussion

Post  A-A-A-A79 Sat Jul 18, 2009 10:05 pm

Hey All! Well no good news for me as of today, but I am stil in a positive mood ( temporarily…lol that may change tomorrow ) I do have a question and would greatly appreciate anyone who has an answer. Now this may be long, here it goes. I have a 17 yr old sister whom has lived with my mother in the panhandle for the past couple years, she has worked full time, and she always got laid off in the fall so she was able to collect unemployment last fall, Well this spring instead of going back to work she moved in with me, in south florida here, she did get a job, full time, 44+ hours a week, but now I am making her return to school for her education ( she missed out all of 10th grade year - my mother is a piece of work, only worried about the money) anyways, now her job will not help her out and cut her hours back so she can go back to school, I would much rather she quit and find a part time job since there is no way to handle a full time job, and go to school to catch up for last year on top of this year. Does anyone think she may be eligible to draw unemployment again if she were to quit ? Until we can at least find her a part time job? She has a payments, and obviously I am on this site waiting for my money….lol. so I just cant afford to take over any more debt…..Let me know what you all think!

A-A-A-A79

Back to top Go down

Post  sherbetarchitect Sun Jul 19, 2009 10:52 am

They would have to lay her off - you can't quit and draw unemployment. Hope that helps.

sherbetarchitect

Back to top Go down

Post  elissa Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:23 pm

Does anyone know how long you had to be employed to file for unemployment? My husbands boss just announced today that he may be parking all his trucks because freight is dead.He has only been there 2 months. That will make both of us out of work if that happens.

elissa

Back to top Go down

Post  Unemployed In Orlando Mon Jul 20, 2009 3:40 pm

elissa wrote:Does anyone know how long you had to be employed to file for unemployment? My husbands boss just announced today that he may be parking all his trucks because freight is dead.He has only been there 2 months. That will make both of us out of work if that happens.

It doesnt matter how long you have been unemployed. It is all based on how much money you earned (credits paid into unemployment) with your employer in the previous 2 quarters, now it would be oct-dec 08 and jan-march 09 with new certs beginning 7/1.
Unemployed In Orlando
Unemployed In Orlando
Admin

Back to top Go down

General EB Discussion - Ongoing - Page 7 Empty Any Info would be helpful

Post  ddee2026 Mon Jul 20, 2009 8:49 pm

Hi
I filed for my extension on 6/2/09. I have heard nothing except for the paper application packet a few weeks ago. I thought the application were being processed in the order that they were received, but it appears that is incorrect being that some people filed late June and have already received thier retro weeks.

Do you think I should start making calls. Any ideas?

Thanks
Debbie

ddee2026

Back to top Go down

Post  jax123 Mon Jul 20, 2009 8:55 pm

Debbie if you filed that long ago I would call the regular unemployment # to see if there were any issues with your application. I filed on 6/03 and I had heard nothing to indicate that they even had my info other than a confirmation # so I called last Friday 7/17 and was told that they were waiting for me to complete my paperwork and had received nothing.

jax123

Back to top Go down

Post  Unemployed In Orlando Mon Jul 20, 2009 9:29 pm

ddee2026 wrote:Hi
I filed for my extension on 6/2/09. I have heard nothing except for the paper application packet a few weeks ago. I thought the application were being processed in the order that they were received, but it appears that is incorrect being that some people filed late June and have already received thier retro weeks.

Do you think I should start making calls. Any ideas?

Thanks
Debbie

When you filed online 6/2, did you file at the link on fluidnow.com or floridajobs.org?

If you filed at fluid now then filed at the wrong link and just did a new claim application not the EB application. The link was wrong at fluidnow for about 4 days until they updated it. Many others had this issue also and hadnt heard anything.

If I were you I would call pronto first thing in the morning if you in fact did apply at fluidnow.com. Also you can go to the EB application on the site now and put in your ssn and it will tell you if you applied already online or not.
Unemployed In Orlando
Unemployed In Orlando
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  ddee2026 Mon Jul 20, 2009 10:02 pm

Thanks for the responses.

I did file at the fluidnow site. I went ahead and tried to reapply today and the system said that there was already an application with my social security number.

I guess I need to call.

ddee2026

Back to top Go down

General EB Discussion - Ongoing - Page 7 Empty second extension

Post  katie Tue Jul 21, 2009 11:41 am

hello board,
so happy i found this board.
does anyone know how the second extension works in florida? i called the offices and they did not know if i will receive 50 or 80% of the original claim or 1st extension. i have asked 2 times and still not one staff person knew the answer. i am worried because my 1st extension is exhausted as of today.
no jobs in florida-blah.
also, i heard that if you did not earn 3x your weekly check from unemployment in the last year, you will not receive the 3rd extension. i started unemployment on 18 aug. 08. first check sept. 19, 08. scared because i am alone and might have to give up my home and move in with a relative.
if anyone can answer my questions i appreciate the help.

*EDIT FROM ADMIN - Moved to ongoing discussion Very Happy

Last edited by Unemployed In Orlando on Tue Jul 21, 2009 4:43 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Moved to correct thread)

katie

Back to top Go down

General EB Discussion - Ongoing - Page 7 Empty Retro & Extended Benefits

Post  barbi65 Tue Jul 21, 2009 12:19 pm

Hello all, I am new. I am very confused. Whats are the retro weeks you are all talking about. My unemployment benefits will end the end of August and I was also wondering when I can apply for extended benefits, do I need to wait? I have noy received any forms in the mail at all. Please help

barbi65

Back to top Go down

Post  jax123 Tue Jul 21, 2009 12:23 pm

Just wanted to give an update. After being told that I incorrectly used the regular unemployment app on 6/03 and that I would have to reapply with the eb claim form which I completed last Friday 7/17.Today I checked the claim info page and I was able to claim 13 weeks, so hopefully I will get my ebt sometime this week.

jax123

Back to top Go down

Post  Unemployed In Orlando Tue Jul 21, 2009 4:51 pm

barbi65 wrote:Hello all, I am new. I am very confused. Whats are the retro weeks you are all talking about. My unemployment benefits will end the end of August and I was also wondering when I can apply for extended benefits, do I need to wait? I have noy received any forms in the mail at all. Please help

Retro weeks are weeks claimed from February through July that were claimed recently because the computer system and applications were just updated while waiting on the changeover.

Once your regular claim ends the system will then apply EUC, which is the 2nd tier of benefits. After those exhaust, you will then be able to file for EB, if it is before the end of the year. EB ends the last week of this year. Any other extensions or benefits for another 4th tier have yet to be approved or voted on, although NELP is pushing for it. I hate to say this but I doubt they will proceed with another tier after the first of the year unless employment keeps declining. I think they are betting on the economy becoming more stable by then in their fairy world.
Unemployed In Orlando
Unemployed In Orlando
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Unemployed In Orlando Tue Jul 21, 2009 4:52 pm

jax123 wrote:Just wanted to give an update. After being told that I incorrectly used the regular unemployment app on 6/03 and that I would have to reapply with the eb claim form which I completed last Friday 7/17.Today I checked the claim info page and I was able to claim 13 weeks, so hopefully I will get my ebt sometime this week.

Awesome jax! Thanks for the update! cheers
Unemployed In Orlando
Unemployed In Orlando
Admin

Back to top Go down

General EB Discussion - Ongoing - Page 7 Empty my progress.... regular claim

Post  Robyn Thu Jul 23, 2009 2:32 pm

Robyn wrote:Thanks for starting this site Unemployed in Orlando! If this belongs elsewhere.. i apologize and pls move. Could you look at this timeline to see what, if any, benefits i should still be receiving? I worked 6 1/2 years for previous employer.

-- UC started 6/29/08
-- a new tier (emergency UC? extended? ) started January 2009 - informed in a letter of addtl wks
-- a new tier (insert correct name!) started in May, 2009 - informed by phone of 13 addl wks/amt
-- i claimed wks on 7/7 AND looked at account online which had close to $1600 in it.
-- DD still not in bank

I was keeping track of $$ in acct and not thinking that i hit one year of UC benefits on June 28, 2009. This must be significant cuz as of yesterday morning, my online acct no longer existed. I called someone Monday morning (thanks for posting #'s) who said I would be called Mon afternoon by someone who could help, but I wasn't.. I'm still on phone trying all AWI #s and i hate this!!

Did anyone start getting UC benefits close to when i did - June 2008? I can't figure out tiers & everytime i called AWI, no one could explain them.
Thanks for helping!

Last edited by Robyn on Wed Sep 30, 2009 4:20 am; edited 1 time in total

Robyn

Back to top Go down

Post  Unemployed In Orlando Thu Jul 23, 2009 3:50 pm

Hang in there Robyn. I am in the same boat. I had worked a "temp" job over the 2008 holidays and made about $1100 in 2 weeks. Now I have a new year for benefits as of 7/1/09 even though I still am unemployed since 1/08 other than the temp work. This new claim only pays out $87 a week for 10 weeks, even though I was paid EB retro up till 7/1. My EB credits then went poof and this is BS. I have been working on this for over a week now. Looks like appeals is the only road I can head down. Total crap if you ask me. Temp work shouldnt affect this, but somehow this wonderful 30 year old software they use has managed to cause a big fucking headache.... Mad

FYI the temp work was reported last december and the appropriate deductions were taken out of the claim at that time, but since the employer paid something, I cant imagine much, the system shows them in my wage transcripts. affraid
Unemployed In Orlando
Unemployed In Orlando
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Maggi MIami Thu Jul 23, 2009 6:28 pm

HELLO UIO AND ALL THE FELLAS!!! I was out for a few days and just returned yesterday, i see that most of the friends that filed around my time have already been paid and continuing their eb claim! I am sooo happy for everyone! I have to claim again on tuesday the 28 as many here will also do, ...hey UIO, are you doing ok with your claiming? how about all the others, you know, Cam, flmommy, wanda, etc? i haven't had time to go back into the previous posts as i just wanted to let you all know what happened that you had not seen me here in a few days, but as soon as i can i will revise all the previous posts to keep up with what's going on.
Very Happy Very Happy
Maggi MIami
Maggi MIami

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 27 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 17 ... 27  Next