Unemployed Florida

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Unemployed Florida
Unemployed Florida
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

General EB Discussion - Ongoing

+87
snugglebear
Ar
frogpatch
Evelyn
Michael55
rosemary
Steve_
MerryL
gaineslady
UEINFL
ThatGirl03
Chris U.
michelle
jessica2009
hsd
Judy
Unemployed Mamma
sharonB
grandmom49
Hoppy
scrappy367
LindaLou
connorsgp
Sheila
studioWI
nanny
stein113
jamfaf
Jeff
eitherhalf
John in Orlando
frustratedinfl
kittyg59
Montanakat
maybee
jim jam
jim stratton
jkaplan2195
Beaches
dzabuk
Kirby
johnhwclarke
DisneyDean
garyb
Marc
waybol
GonzoFL
riceckr
Me From Jax
anotherunemployed
Robbi314
RobinSamRyan
SaraJ
surfer
sc4ram
waiting in St Lucie
waiting
pyrox
barbi65
katie
ddee2026
gregFL
irwinojames
nancym
elissa
daytonawanda
Teresa
brb2007
Robyn
LJ
marryp2007
jax123
jon813
floridagirl
Jenn
Cam in FL
Tampa Bay - Anna
hungry in orange city
suicidal
Jacqui
sherbetarchitect
ArleneG
J in FL
trishl127
A-A-A-A79
Maggi MIami
Unemployed In Orlando
91 posters

Page 14 of 27 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 20 ... 27  Next

Go down

General EB Discussion - Ongoing - Page 14 Empty Re: General EB Discussion - Ongoing

Post  Unemployed In Orlando Wed Sep 02, 2009 12:02 pm

DZABUK, thats definitely a situation maybe Gonzo can help with, I am just not that familiar with the appeals process, Gonzo any insight you can provide?
Unemployed In Orlando
Unemployed In Orlando
Admin

https://unemployed-florida.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

General EB Discussion - Ongoing - Page 14 Empty Re: General EB Discussion - Ongoing

Post  Beaches Wed Sep 02, 2009 12:13 pm

Thank you so much!
And its so ironic, after I posted my message here..
Melody called me back! Smile
She was so helpful and explained what was going on with me.
It is a new tier from a second claim I had ongoing from the past.
It automatically restarted. Imagine that! lol
She informed me that I should wait until these benefits are exausted before filing for the EB. You are exactly right!
She said it may not be too late to appy for EB when I am exausted from this one,
in hopes it may be in fact be extended.
Thanks for your quick response and
I will be keeping up with this awesome forum and inside info!
You all Rock!
xoxox
Beaches
Beaches

Back to top Go down

Post  Unemployed In Orlando Wed Sep 02, 2009 12:15 pm

Beaches wrote:Thank you so much!
And its so ironic, after I posted my message here..
Melody called me back! Smile
She was so helpful and explained what was going on with me.
It is a new tier from a second claim I had ongoing from the past.
It automatically restarted. Imagine that! lol
She informed me that I should wait until these benefits are exausted before filing for the EB. You are exactly right!
She said it may not be too late to appy for EB when I am exausted from this one,
in hopes it may be in fact be extended.
Thanks for your quick response and
I will be keeping up with this awesome forum and inside info!
You all Rock!
xoxox

Thats great news!!! bounce

Thanks again for joining and being a contributor cheers
Unemployed In Orlando
Unemployed In Orlando
Admin

Back to top Go down

General EB Discussion - Ongoing - Page 14 Empty sequence of benefits

Post  nancym Wed Sep 02, 2009 12:34 pm

A little busy here today...Smile

Glad that worked out so quickly for Beaches.

For any new forum members who may be uncertain about the sequence of benefits, here's a link to an earlier post over in the "state policies, etc." thread:

FL Sequence of Benefits

It can get really confusing, especially if you've found a little work in between that stretches out your benefits. And then some people are put into a new benefit year, and that can get even more confusing!

Be aware that even the press sometimes refers to the "EUC" (the two tiers that started in 2008) as "extended benefits," confusing us all with the name of the latest program for the longest unemployed, which is EB, or Extended Benefits, a program that had to be approved by each state.

Become familiar with this "normal" sequence and the length of the different programs, and compare it with any paperwork you've received, so that when you speak with someone at AWI you'll have a better picture of what they are saying and what you should ask.

Most of us on this board so far will be running out of benefits in the next few weeks, if not already, and we're waiting to see what Congress might do. But for those who haven't even started the EB program yet, you've still got some leeway there.
nancym
nancym

Back to top Go down

Post  GonzoFL Wed Sep 02, 2009 12:52 pm

dzabuk:

We will have a new thread concerning UC appeals soon,so this thread will get moved. Until then I have a question our two:

A) What were the circumstances pertaining to you becoming unemployed?(fired,laid off,quit...and so on)

B) What disqualified you(per AWI"s letter) from receiving benefits?

Let's start there first.
GonzoFL
GonzoFL

Back to top Go down

Post  Unemployed In Orlando Wed Sep 02, 2009 12:57 pm

GonzoFL wrote:dzabuk:

We will have a new thread concerning UC appeals soon,so this thread will get moved. Until then I have a question our two:

A) What were the circumstances pertaining to you becoming unemployed?(fired,laid off,quit...and so on)

B) What disqualified you(per AWI"s letter) from receiving benefits?

Let's start there first.

New thread is up Very Happy
Unemployed In Orlando
Unemployed In Orlando
Admin

Back to top Go down

General EB Discussion - Ongoing - Page 14 Empty Obama Unemloyment Extention

Post  jkaplan2195 Wed Sep 02, 2009 1:01 pm

How does one apply for the funds?

*ADMIN EDIT - Moving to correct thread

Last edited by Unemployed In Orlando on Wed Sep 02, 2009 1:02 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Wrong thread)

jkaplan2195

Back to top Go down

General EB Discussion - Ongoing - Page 14 Empty The stir that you guys created

Post  jim stratton Wed Sep 02, 2009 3:14 pm

Hey folks, here's a story that ran today about your efforts online ...

Before being laid off, Stuart James was a manager for a manufactured-home company.
Today, he's a stone in the shoe of state unemployment officials.
The 36-year-old Altamonte Springs man is one of a small band of agitators who have become accidental advocates for the unemployed.
Armed with brains, free time and Internet connections, they have given voice to the jobless and become a resource for people trying to navigate the state's sometimes cumbersome unemployment system.

Link to whole story ...
http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/orl-jobless-activists-online-090209,0,7444888.story

jim stratton

Back to top Go down

Post  Unemployed In Orlando Wed Sep 02, 2009 3:23 pm

jim stratton wrote:Hey folks, here's a story that ran today about your efforts online ...

Before being laid off, Stuart James was a manager for a manufactured-home company.
Today, he's a stone in the shoe of state unemployment officials.
The 36-year-old Altamonte Springs man is one of a small band of agitators who have become accidental advocates for the unemployed.
Armed with brains, free time and Internet connections, they have given voice to the jobless and become a resource for people trying to navigate the state's sometimes cumbersome unemployment system.

Link to whole story ...
http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/orl-jobless-activists-online-090209,0,7444888.story

Thanks Jim! Very Happy We have seen about 70 new users join so far I assume from the article you have written. I posted the article also in the off topic section for people to read. I have received many PM's this morning so guys give me a little bit and I will respond to you all Very Happy
Unemployed In Orlando
Unemployed In Orlando
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  nancym Wed Sep 02, 2009 4:34 pm

jkaplan2195 wrote:How does one apply for the funds?

I'm not sure if you are asking about the upcoming possible new extension of benefits, or about previous extensions. The stimulus package in February provided for a number of different extensions of programs and a few add-ons. Those who were exhausting benefits at that time (finishing EUC benefits that started in the fall of 2008) were sent notices that they might be eligible for EB, or extended benefits, which in most cases lasts 20 weeks. You would be notified, but you still had to apply online at AWI (go to home page, follow links for extended benefits).

If you are referring to possible upcoming legislation, the current bills will not be retroactive (unless changed before final passage), and will be based on the EUC program, giving an extra 13 weeks to those exhausting EB for most states, including Florida. It's unclear at this time if AWI will automatically shift EB exhaustees over to that new program (IF passed), or if we will have to re-apply.
nancym
nancym

Back to top Go down

General EB Discussion - Ongoing - Page 14 Empty EB

Post  jkaplan2195 Wed Sep 02, 2009 5:26 pm

nancym wrote:
jkaplan2195 wrote:How does one apply for the funds?

I'm not sure if you are asking about the upcoming possible new extension of benefits, or about previous extensions. The stimulus package in February provided for a number of different extensions of programs and a few add-ons. Those who were exhausting benefits at that time (finishing EUC benefits that started in the fall of 2008) were sent notices that they might be eligible for EB, or extended benefits, which in most cases lasts 20 weeks. You would be notified, but you still had to apply online at AWI (go to home page, follow links for extended benefits).

If you are referring to possible upcoming legislation, the current bills will not be retroactive (unless changed before final passage), and will be based on the EUC program, giving an extra 13 weeks to those exhausting EB for most states, including Florida. It's unclear at this time if AWI will automatically shift EB exhaustees over to that new program (IF passed), or if we will have to re-apply.

Thanks so much for your rapid response. My son was able to contact someone in Tallahassee and they identified a comuter error that resulted in his benefits being stopped. He was informed that the benefits will be resumed and he will then have to apply for EB.
I cannot thank you guys enough or the help.

jkaplan2195

Back to top Go down

Post  Unemployed In Orlando Wed Sep 02, 2009 5:29 pm

Awesome! Thats great news! I love seeing people being able to get the issue resolved quickly! cheers
Unemployed In Orlando
Unemployed In Orlando
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  jim jam Thu Sep 03, 2009 9:49 am

I have run out of funds in my EB account. Is there going to be anything for me to collect from like a extension of some
sort. I am an electrician and have been for all of my working life i am 55yrs old and having a heck of a time trying to find a job.I have applied on line and hit all of the local electrical contractors and not a one is hiring. I have never seen it so bad before in my life.I have gone back to the company that i have worked for and the owner told me that he is sending his guy's home early to day due to the lack of work. He also told me that all of his men (two or three workers) have taken a large cut in pay.He told me that he would love to do nothing more than hire me but he cant make payroll now.We shook hands and he told me not to be a stranger. that felt good but don't put groceries in
the bag. I just don't know what happen. worst yet i don't know what's to come? So my question is ? Is there going
to be any extensions beyond my EB account. By the way the electrical contractor that i worked for had a crew of about
twentyfive to thirty electricians . thank you,this sight has helped me so much i check it out every day Orlando your the best GOD BLESS you.jim jam

jim jam

Back to top Go down

Post  GonzoFL Thu Sep 03, 2009 11:09 am

jim jam:

Our beloved congressman and senators Laughing return to Washington on Sept 8th. Our best hope for an extension are from HR3404 and S1467. Both these bills call for an extension of benefits and an extension of time for all benefits to be claimed. If you goggle these to bills you can read their full text. You may also want to ck out The National Employment Law Project(www.nelp.org) They are strong advocates for America's unemployed and personally I think without there help,we would have been forgotten long ago. We are all hoping for FAST passage of these bills and with that in mind,it would also be helpful you to write your congressman and Sen. Bill Nelson urging them to support these bills. Nelson sits on the finance committee that S1647 is in right now. Hang in there jim jam...we are all in the same boat and together, our voice and actions can be very powerful.
GonzoFL
GonzoFL

Back to top Go down

Post  Unemployed In Orlando Thu Sep 03, 2009 4:04 pm

jim jam wrote:I have run out of funds in my EB account. Is there going to be anything for me to collect from like a extension of some
sort. I am an electrician and have been for all of my working life i am 55yrs old and having a heck of a time trying to find a job.I have applied on line and hit all of the local electrical contractors and not a one is hiring. I have never seen it so bad before in my life.I have gone back to the company that i have worked for and the owner told me that he is sending his guy's home early to day due to the lack of work. He also told me that all of his men (two or three workers) have taken a large cut in pay.He told me that he would love to do nothing more than hire me but he cant make payroll now.We shook hands and he told me not to be a stranger. that felt good but don't put groceries in
the bag. I just don't know what happen. worst yet i don't know what's to come? So my question is ? Is there going
to be any extensions beyond my EB account. By the way the electrical contractor that i worked for had a crew of about
twentyfive to thirty electricians . thank you,this sight has helped me so much i check it out every day Orlando your the best GOD BLESS you.jim jam

Hang in there Jim Jam and thank you for joining and contributing! Very Happy We might know something soon about the fall benefits..
Unemployed In Orlando
Unemployed In Orlando
Admin

Back to top Go down

General EB Discussion - Ongoing - Page 14 Empty possible reason for delay in eb

Post  maybee Thu Sep 03, 2009 10:37 pm

Any time your benefit year ends or if your year has already ended and the quarter changes(exp. 7-1-9, 1-1-9), awi computer will screen to see if you have enough work to have a new claim. Your benefit year end is also called BYE or benefit year begins = BYB. This can be found on your wage transcript. Hope this helps.

maybee

Back to top Go down

General EB Discussion - Ongoing - Page 14 Empty Filing for Extended Benefits

Post  Montanakat Fri Sep 04, 2009 11:04 am

Hi, there. Does anyone know exactly where to file for Extended Benefits? (I feel really dumb!) I have collected 59 weeks and have spoken with three (that's right 3!) agents with AWI. Not one has, or can, direct me to the right site to fill out an application for Extended Benefits.

Thanks!

*ADMIN EDIT - Moving to the correct thread, please stay on topic within the created threads

Last edited by Unemployed In Orlando on Fri Sep 04, 2009 3:51 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Moved to correct thread)

Montanakat

Back to top Go down

Post  kittyg59 Fri Sep 04, 2009 11:10 am

Montanakat wrote:Hi, there. Does anyone know exactly where to file for Extended Benefits? (I feel really dumb!) I have collected 59 weeks and have spoken with three (that's right 3!) agents with AWI. Not one has, or can, direct me to the right site to fill out an application for Extended Benefits.

Thanks!

Hi!
On the AWI website, http://www.floridajobs.org/unemployment/uc_emp_claims.html

At the top of the page there's a blue split box with links. On the left is for regular UB and the right is for EB.

Luck!
kittyg59

kittyg59

Back to top Go down

General EB Discussion - Ongoing - Page 14 Empty Just An FYI

Post  Unemployed In Orlando Tue Sep 08, 2009 9:05 am

For those of you would have claimed weeks yesterday, please remember that on a holiday claims are processed the next business day so online status will be updated today and DD will not show till wednesday after midnight. Very Happy
Unemployed In Orlando
Unemployed In Orlando
Admin

Back to top Go down

General EB Discussion - Ongoing - Page 14 Empty yet another programming snafu

Post  nancym Tue Sep 08, 2009 12:00 pm

I couldn't imagine how something else could get screwed up, but now there's yet another glitch in the online claim process, at least for me this morning. Never saw this before, but I tried to claim my second week, in which I reported some earnings from contract, non-employer-based work, and the screen comes up with an old employer that I haven't had anything to do with for over a year, for whom I worked only two weeks in the spring of 2008!

I could see how somehow or other this might pop up, but the delete button provided would not allow me to delete it, thus completely holding up my on-screen process.

Put in a call to Josh (first time I've needed to use one of those 3 main contacts we have here) and left a message. Those three reps must get a awful lot of calls!

Edit: Decided not to wait and called another agent, who said they will check on my claim this afternoon to make sure it went through ok. She said it didn't make sense to have that employer pop up, especially since it was even before the EB program started! Guess I'll just wait to see if it all turns out ok.

Last edited by nancym on Tue Sep 08, 2009 12:54 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : follow-up)
nancym
nancym

Back to top Go down

Post  Unemployed In Orlando Tue Sep 08, 2009 3:48 pm

nancym wrote:I couldn't imagine how something else could get screwed up, but now there's yet another glitch in the online claim process, at least for me this morning. Never saw this before, but I tried to claim my second week, in which I reported some earnings from contract, non-employer-based work, and the screen comes up with an old employer that I haven't had anything to do with for over a year, for whom I worked only two weeks in the spring of 2008!

I could see how somehow or other this might pop up, but the delete button provided would not allow me to delete it, thus completely holding up my on-screen process.

Put in a call to Josh (first time I've needed to use one of those 3 main contacts we have here) and left a message. Those three reps must get a awful lot of calls!

Edit: Decided not to wait and called another agent, who said they will check on my claim this afternoon to make sure it went through ok. She said it didn't make sense to have that employer pop up, especially since it was even before the EB program started! Guess I'll just wait to see if it all turns out ok.

Wow Nancy! affraid Sorry to hear that, let us know what you find out about that.
Unemployed In Orlando
Unemployed In Orlando
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  frustratedinfl Tue Sep 08, 2009 11:03 pm

Hi! I am a bit confused about my unemployment benefits. I have been unemployed since October 2008. My year started on 10/12/08. I recieved the first 26 weeks of benefits. My benefits were automatically renewed in April 2009 where I recieved an additional 20 weeks. I just claimed my last two weeks on Monday and my account has zeroed out. When I tried to file for EB it says I am ineligible at this time. My question is do I still have another tier of EUC coming to me that has not appeared in my account yet or am I infact eligble for EB and the computer needs time to realize it?

frustratedinfl

Back to top Go down

Post  SaraJ Wed Sep 09, 2009 7:11 am

frustratedinfl wrote:Hi! I am a bit confused about my unemployment benefits. I have been unemployed since October 2008. My year started on 10/12/08. I recieved the first 26 weeks of benefits. My benefits were automatically renewed in April 2009 where I recieved an additional 20 weeks. I just claimed my last two weeks on Monday and my account has zeroed out. When I tried to file for EB it says I am ineligible at this time. My question is do I still have another tier of EUC coming to me that has not appeared in my account yet or am I infact eligble for EB and the computer needs time to realize it?

You will automatically roll into EUC "tier 2" for another 13 weeks. Give it time to update. After this 13 weeks is depleted, then you are eligible to receive EB & can apply. Very Happy

SaraJ

Back to top Go down

Post  Unemployed In Orlando Wed Sep 09, 2009 7:49 am

FiF, Thanks for posting that over here Very Happy I went ahead and deleted the duplicate posts for ya. Just as Sara mentioned you will now be eligible for George Bushs' EUC tier from 2008, you can see more about the EUC 13 week tier here, http://www.floridajobs.org/publications/news_rel/extendedUCBenefits.htm

After you finish with the EUC tier you will then be eligible for EB if congress passes the current bill which will also extend EB onto the end of 2010, currently its set to expire the last week of December 2009, in which EB payments would then stop without the extension. Since they are looking to add more weeks into the EUC tier on the latest proposal Im sure they will extend the current EB program, so nothing to worry about there.

If you havent received any updates to your account by next Tuesday, I would call one of the persons listed in the AWI contacts section at their extension. If you get their voicemail, leave a message, they are prompt at returning phone calls and you will be glad you spoke to one of them Very Happy
Unemployed In Orlando
Unemployed In Orlando
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  frustratedinfl Thu Sep 10, 2009 9:42 am

Thanks everyone! My account was updated yesterday afternoon with the Tier II 13 weeks. I appreciate all your help!

frustratedinfl

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 27 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 20 ... 27  Next