Unemployed Florida

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Unemployed Florida
Unemployed Florida
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

General EUC Discussion - Ongoing

+86
nanny
CRFL1015
exotiq
deetann
LOTTIE1
Dixieannjobless
Star
Beaches
atwoodt
lec1234
MerryL
bonza32
technovative
prissy88
Garys1n2
ArleneG
ThatGirl03
studioWI
gknowles
martin59
daytonaman
spd76un
hor2culture
pima54
speedy1383
Sheila
oakensoul
ofantastic
John in Orlando
1Crimson1
LindaLou
nachomama
Chris U.
fred
Jeff
dplboc
missflorida
pyrox
angry
jim stratton
BillTamBay
buccobruce
madisonsnannie
motley
surfer
Marc
lafosl
KellyB
hating politics
Unemployed Mamma
Teresa
brb2007
Michael55
Dino69
cantfindajob
robin28
Cam in FL
hsd
Robyn
scrappy367
SaraJ
JJ in Florida
Robbi314
pebbles
waybol
sharonB
LJ
michelle
GonzoFL
sc4ram
grandmom49
bittybear
Hoppy
riceckr
Judy
Tampa Bay - Anna
sherbetarchitect
MiamiVice
Me From Jax
frustratedinfl
InsuranceMan
nancym
jamfaf
tj21121008
connorsgp
Unemployed In Orlando
90 posters

Page 25 of 37 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 31 ... 37  Next

Go down

General EUC Discussion - Ongoing - Page 25 Empty Re: General EUC Discussion - Ongoing

Post  GonzoFL Mon Dec 21, 2009 10:07 am

Thanks for all the info. Appears to be a normal morning at AWI,conflicting reports and all. I will keep trying to claim. GRRRRRRR Evil or Very Mad
GonzoFL
GonzoFL

Back to top Go down

General EUC Discussion - Ongoing - Page 25 Empty Re: General EUC Discussion - Ongoing

Post  nachomama Mon Dec 21, 2009 10:20 am

michelle wrote:
nachomama wrote:OK. here is what I was told... JUST KEEP TRYING ... supposedly they are updating the system and it should be done by 10:30 AM
Sounds like BS to me but what choice do we have but to KEEP TRYING. She did check my claim and it does indeed show that I have a balance and to claim on the 21st.. so I'll just KEEP TRYING !!

that's weird the guy I was on the phone with claimed my weeks manually they didn't do that for you?

Nope... didn't even offer.. she just checked on my claim and said that the balance was there and to just keep trying.. BUT if I didn't get anywhere by 10:30 to call back.. What a pain in the arse this whole thing is.. NO wonder I started smoking again..
nachomama
nachomama

Back to top Go down

Post  michelle Mon Dec 21, 2009 10:29 am

nachomama wrote:
michelle wrote:
nachomama wrote:OK. here is what I was told... JUST KEEP TRYING ... supposedly they are updating the system and it should be done by 10:30 AM
Sounds like BS to me but what choice do we have but to KEEP TRYING. She did check my claim and it does indeed show that I have a balance and to claim on the 21st.. so I'll just KEEP TRYING !!

that's weird the guy I was on the phone with claimed my weeks manually they didn't do that for you?

Nope... didn't even offer.. she just checked on my claim and said that the balance was there and to just keep trying.. BUT if I didn't get anywhere by 10:30 to call back.. What a pain in the arse this whole thing is.. NO wonder I started smoking again..

sounds like she didn't want to do her JOB!! To be honest if the computer was updating then why did the person I spoke with was able to claim my weeks for me? sounds like something fishy is going on here! either your person was lying to you or my person was lying to me the question is... who is the one lying???
michelle
michelle

Back to top Go down

Post  brb2007 Mon Dec 21, 2009 10:32 am

Just got off the phone with Stacy and she claimed my weeks for me......

Stacy x1781
Chris x1786

Just keep on tryin to get a hold of them ..... it took me 45min going thru the ext's... to get someone ..
If u get their voice mail u can press # three times and enter a new ext in ...
brb2007
brb2007

Back to top Go down

Post  lafosl Mon Dec 21, 2009 10:41 am

I also had the problem this morning with not being able to claim weeks. After panicking for a minute, I got on the phone with the GREAT Cassandra... (I love Her), she informed me that about 10 calls already this morning about claiming weeks. She is not sure what the problem is, but she did claim my weeks over the phone.

Cassandra 1-877-846-8770 ext. 1493. I did not have to wait to talk to her and she did not have to call me back, she answered and picked up on the first ring..

lafosl

Back to top Go down

Post  Robbi314 Mon Dec 21, 2009 10:44 am

Cassandra just did my weeks as well. Thank GOODNESS for that girl!!

Robbi314

Back to top Go down

Post  lafosl Mon Dec 21, 2009 11:13 am

Robbi314 wrote:Cassandra just did my weeks as well. Thank GOODNESS for that girl!!

Amen!! She totally rocks! She is the only person I will contact for any reason concerning my unemployment. That sweetheart needs a raise!!! santa

lafosl

Back to top Go down

Post  GonzoFL Mon Dec 21, 2009 11:20 am

Just placed a call to Cassandra...she answered the phone...how about that. She was able to claim my weeks for me. Thank God we have these back line contacts and people like Cassandra in our corner. If your having issues claiming please don't hesitate to call. Good luck to all and Merry Christamas!! santa
GonzoFL
GonzoFL

Back to top Go down

Post  Robbi314 Mon Dec 21, 2009 11:30 am

I agree!! Merry Christmas!! santa

Robbi314

Back to top Go down

Post  nachomama Mon Dec 21, 2009 1:34 pm

I just got thru using the online claim thingie... They must have got the bugs worked out..
nachomama
nachomama

Back to top Go down

General EUC Discussion - Ongoing - Page 25 Empty Filed EUC app but new claim kicked in?

Post  1Crimson1 Mon Dec 21, 2009 3:06 pm

Hi all. Crimson here, FL. I was supposed to file my weeks this morning, and found like some here I could not. I'd been following everyones's updates and so I called Cassandra and she stated a new claim had kicked in for me as I'd not been collecting unemployment in a while. She said it is something the computer does automatically, no fault of my own. Has anyone had this happen to them and if so, what happened? Will I have to wait to claim weeks even if Cassandra is able to push it through to the right person to clear the discrepancy up? I am trying to go home to Tampa and was hoping my weeks would register today and I get my money by Wednesday. Hope someone can help with an answer. Thanks!

1Crimson1

Back to top Go down

Post  michelle Mon Dec 21, 2009 3:45 pm

not sure what I should do this morning like everyone else I was not able to claim weeks so I got on the phone with AWI now the person that I spoke with said he claimed my weeks manually. well my account has not processed yet so I decided to see if it would let me claim weeks and yes it was allowing me to. I'm not sure what to do, should I go ahead and claim? This guy, if he lied to me has now messed me up from receiveing a check before christmas!!!!! General EUC Discussion - Ongoing - Page 25 Icon_cry
michelle
michelle

Back to top Go down

Post  michelle Mon Dec 21, 2009 3:58 pm

well I just got off the phone with Caassandra, and that idiot whom I spoke with this morning did not manually claim my weeks for me. What I can't stand the most is being lied too! they get a paycheck every week, and is not dependent on this system as we are. now there is no chance of me getting a check before christmas! thanks alot idiot! General EUC Discussion - Ongoing - Page 25 Icon_evil

Last edited by michelle on Mon Dec 21, 2009 4:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
michelle
michelle

Back to top Go down

Post  nancym Mon Dec 21, 2009 4:00 pm

MiamiVice wrote:MEEERRRY CHRISTMAS TO MY SWEETIES! INCLUDING UIO !!!!!!!!!!! alien

Well, i have a short question for anyone that has the correct answer......Will we, that presently started HR3548, or in other words Tier 3 in December, you know, , will connect automatically to the new approved extra six weeks?????????
I need to know so i can save with a lock those weeks because i don't see any relief in job opportunities and
the more i put aside the more rent and light will be able to pay as i am alone with no family. Thanks so much folks I love you

Maggie--

Please read the updated info I posted in the Eligibility and Senate bills sections earlier for the details. I also updated the "Sequence of Benefits" thread at the top post.

The short answer is yes, you will automatically update with the extra six weeks, but you won't necessarily see those balances added until you exhaust Tier 3, and we don't really know if there will be any programming gap in between. We would hope that by the end of February they would have all this worked out.

Everyone should also be aware that Feb 28 is a cutoff for eligibility, so that ironically, if you take a short temp job that pays enough to extend your benefits for Tier 3 past the Feb 28 deadline, that would disqualify you for Tier 4's 6 weeks! Sad but true. But we all hope also that by then Congress will have acted again on the new jobs bill that may include yet a further extension of those cutoff dates (but no news of any actual further extensions of weeks).
nancym
nancym

Back to top Go down

Post  nancym Mon Dec 21, 2009 4:16 pm

1Crimson1 wrote:Hi all. Crimson here, FL. I was supposed to file my weeks this morning, and found like some here I could not. I'd been following everyones's updates and so I called Cassandra and she stated a new claim had kicked in for me as I'd not been collecting unemployment in a while. She said it is something the computer does automatically, no fault of my own. Has anyone had this happen to them and if so, what happened? Will I have to wait to claim weeks even if Cassandra is able to push it through to the right person to clear the discrepancy up? I am trying to go home to Tampa and was hoping my weeks would register today and I get my money by Wednesday. Hope someone can help with an answer. Thanks!

Crimson, did you earn any money in the past year? When you get to the end of your "benefit year" (one year from the start of your original claim), they look at your past year's earnings, if any, to see if they can start you on a new benefit year, i.e., starting out on "regular benefits" all over again--the 26 weeks max thing. Problem with this, most people just don't earn enough to qualify for anywhere near the same weekly amount, usually drastically less. If you did earn money, check out the section of this board about how to calculate your benefits in the "Senate bills, state policies..." section.

If you didn't earn any money, or enough to qualify, then it should be a routine checking process to get you set up again for EUC. Personally, with all the programming glitches going on on top of your review, I wouldn't count on money by Wednesday, but then there are always Christmas miracles!
nancym
nancym

Back to top Go down

Post  1Crimson1 Mon Dec 21, 2009 4:57 pm

nancym wrote:
1Crimson1 wrote:Hi all. Crimson here, FL. I was supposed to file my weeks this morning, and found like some here I could not. I'd been following everyones's updates and so I called Cassandra and she stated a new claim had kicked in for me as I'd not been collecting unemployment in a while. She said it is something the computer does automatically, no fault of my own. Has anyone had this happen to them and if so, what happened? Will I have to wait to claim weeks even if Cassandra is able to push it through to the right person to clear the discrepancy up? I am trying to go home to Tampa and was hoping my weeks would register today and I get my money by Wednesday. Hope someone can help with an answer. Thanks!

Crimson, did you earn any money in the past year? When you get to the end of your "benefit year" (one year from the start of your original claim), they look at your past year's earnings, if any, to see if they can start you on a new benefit year, i.e., starting out on "regular benefits" all over again--the 26 weeks max thing. Problem with this, most people just don't earn enough to qualify for anywhere near the same weekly amount, usually drastically less. If you did earn money, check out the section of this board about how to calculate your benefits in the "Senate bills, state policies..." section.

If you didn't earn any money, or enough to qualify, then it should be a routine checking process to get you set up again for EUC. Personally, with all the programming glitches going on on top of your review, I wouldn't count on money by Wednesday, but then there are always Christmas miracles!

Hey Nancy,

Thanks for replying back to me. I didn't earn any money in this past year at all. I am going to call Cassandra back once my lil one hits his rack for a nap. She told me to check back with her to see if anything has changed. So we'll see. I have been going back to the AWI site and intermittently trying to claim my weeks but with no luck. I hope Christmas miracles are in the air. My daddy is in Tampa at my sister's house and I've not seen him in eleven years, and only just got back in touch with him recently. I have my fingers crossed! I'll keep all abreast of the outcome with Cassandra!

1Crimson1

Back to top Go down

Post  Unemployed In Orlando Mon Dec 21, 2009 6:30 pm

Posting another good contact under AWI Contacts thread if anyone needs Very Happy
Unemployed In Orlando
Unemployed In Orlando
Admin

https://unemployed-florida.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Unemployed In Orlando Mon Dec 21, 2009 6:32 pm

MiamiVice wrote:MEEERRRY CHRISTMAS TO MY SWEETIES! INCLUDING UIO !!!!!!!!!!! alien

Well, i have a short question for anyone that has the correct answer......Will we, that presently started HR3548, or in other words Tier 3 in December, you know, , will connect automatically to the new approved extra six weeks?????????
I need to know so i can save with a lock those weeks because i don't see any relief in job opportunities and
the more i put aside the more rent and light will be able to pay as i am alone with no family. Thanks so much folks I love you

santa Merry Xmas Maggi rendeer
Unemployed In Orlando
Unemployed In Orlando
Admin

https://unemployed-florida.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

General EUC Discussion - Ongoing - Page 25 Empty Humbled

Post  sharonB Tue Dec 22, 2009 12:19 pm

HI folks!

I just want to say that this past week has been extremely difficult. Money is finally starting to trickle in. Although I only have had one $300 check post to my account, it was enough to get my power back on. Another $600 check is posting today and hopfully another tomorrow. What a adventure I never want to go through again!

I want to say this has been a humbling experience especially in regards to the people involoved with this site. Someone actually asked Cassandra to help me. They were concerened enough to put ME in their conversation. I am humbled and grateful. I love you

I wanted to check in and wish everyone here a very Merry Christmas santa

Also, I know I have a lot of back reading to do, but does anyone know why I was only granted 13 weeks? Is that what everyone else recieved on Tier III ? What happened to the 20 weeks? Questions, Questions, Questions
sharonB
sharonB

Back to top Go down

Post  nancym Tue Dec 22, 2009 2:11 pm

SharonB--

Very glad to hear you're powered up again, it's miserable losing electric.

In your "back-reading" check out the "Senate bills..etc." threads for the recent bill that passed (defense bill) for the latest extension of deadlines that will give us the extra six weeks after this tier3 ends. As for that 13-14 seeming discrepancy, read the past posts here, but also my completely updated "Sequence of benefits" thread, the top posting--that's over in the Senate bills sections also. That and other posts will explain how we actually do get the 14 weeks (max), but the reporting of it has been totally confusing to everyone.

AWI is continuing to have a few little programming glitches it appears, but at least the checks are trickling in.
nancym
nancym

Back to top Go down

General EUC Discussion - Ongoing - Page 25 Empty Claimed weeks successfully

Post  sc4ram Tue Dec 22, 2009 4:56 pm

I claimed EUC weeks 5 & 6 on line this morning, and it went surprisingly smoothly and fast. (although I checked back 30 min later and the system was running with its usual slooooowwwness on claim day).

I just checked back now and it said it had issued my checks (and the system was responding quickly)

Assume my DD was successful unless I post otherwise.

Merry Christmas everyone!
sc4ram
sc4ram

Back to top Go down

Post  Teresa Tue Dec 22, 2009 5:06 pm

I apologize if I post this in the wrong area. I was just reading about the latest bill that was signed, giving an additional 2 months - I've read the tier and extension info over and over, and i can't figure out if I qualify or not. I am on Tier IV right now. It will end January 19th, will I get an additional 2 months at that time?

Teresa

Back to top Go down

Post  connorsgp Tue Dec 22, 2009 6:35 pm

Teresa..I don't believe you're in tier 4. The 13 weeks of tier 3 has not expired for anyone yet

connorsgp

Back to top Go down

Post  Teresa Tue Dec 22, 2009 6:37 pm

connorsgp wrote:Teresa..I don't believe you're in tier 4. The 13 weeks of tier 3 has not expired for anyone yet

see, I am totally confused lol what was the last tier that we just applied for? that was approved in Nov, but FL just got off their butts and started sending out a few weeks ago?

Teresa

Back to top Go down

Post  connorsgp Tue Dec 22, 2009 8:36 pm

that is tier 3 and if your tier 3 expires before feb 28 then you will get the 6 weeks of tier 4. You need to figure out when you were eligible for tier 3--if you had used all of your EUC and EB eligibility before the Nov vote then you'll be fine. I also believe that the Feb 28 date will be extended to at least May or June

connorsgp

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 25 of 37 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 31 ... 37  Next