Unemployed Florida

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Unemployed Florida
Unemployed Florida
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

General EB Discussion - Ongoing

+87
snugglebear
Ar
frogpatch
Evelyn
Michael55
rosemary
Steve_
MerryL
gaineslady
UEINFL
ThatGirl03
Chris U.
michelle
jessica2009
hsd
Judy
Unemployed Mamma
sharonB
grandmom49
Hoppy
scrappy367
LindaLou
connorsgp
Sheila
studioWI
nanny
stein113
jamfaf
Jeff
eitherhalf
John in Orlando
frustratedinfl
kittyg59
Montanakat
maybee
jim jam
jim stratton
jkaplan2195
Beaches
dzabuk
Kirby
johnhwclarke
DisneyDean
garyb
Marc
waybol
GonzoFL
riceckr
Me From Jax
anotherunemployed
Robbi314
RobinSamRyan
SaraJ
surfer
sc4ram
waiting in St Lucie
waiting
pyrox
barbi65
katie
ddee2026
gregFL
irwinojames
nancym
elissa
daytonawanda
Teresa
brb2007
Robyn
LJ
marryp2007
jax123
jon813
floridagirl
Jenn
Cam in FL
Tampa Bay - Anna
hungry in orange city
suicidal
Jacqui
sherbetarchitect
ArleneG
J in FL
trishl127
A-A-A-A79
Maggi MIami
Unemployed In Orlando
91 posters

Page 26 of 27 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27  Next

Go down

General EB Discussion - Ongoing - Page 26 Empty Re: General EB Discussion - Ongoing

Post  Jeff Thu Aug 05, 2010 4:34 pm

DisneyDean wrote:You may recall from my previous posts about the screw up with my EB payments from the beginning of the tier 3 last Nov 8th.

They claimed that they had paid me two weeks of EB which should have been paid out of tier 3.

I recalled at the time that they had not paid me as I had thought they would out of tier 3. And in fact didn't start my tier 3 until two weeks after I thought that they would have.

So I received a letter saying that they were going to ding me for two weeks out of the retroactive EB that I would receive towards the end of May this year.

I called and talked to one of the low level wonks and was told that eventually it would be straightened out in the accounting. (Which I found hard to believed).

So they did charge me for two weeks and then credited it back to me so that I had two weeks of money left in my account after the June 5th payments.

I thought, "So I'll claim it if there is an extension of the eligibility dates," which now has occurred, and was patiently (trying to be anyway) waiting for my chance to get those two weeks of pay.

However, today in the mail, I received an EB weekly claim form telling me that I could claim two weeks in May that I have already claimed and been paid for. (also incidentally the same two weeks that they took out the repayment from)

Do you suppose that the low level wonk was right and that they finally straightened out the accounting for my tier 3 and tier 4?

The online system says that I do not have any weeks to claim. If you were me, would you send in the completed form that they sent me for those two weeks? Or would you wait awhile and see what happens?

"However, today in the mail, I received an EB weekly claim form telling me that I could claim two weeks in May that I have already claimed and been paid for. (also incidentally the same two weeks that they took out the repayment from)"

Lots of people are getting those letters. It's a screw up..at least in every case I've heard. Heck since June I've received three of them telling me to claim two weeks in May 2010 (which I've already claimed, received and spent) but not to do it after november 2009! DUH!!!

Jeff

Back to top Go down

General EB Discussion - Ongoing - Page 26 Empty Re: General EB Discussion - Ongoing

Post  nancym Thu Aug 05, 2010 10:29 pm

Hi, Disney Dean--

Oh, god, of course we remember your posts, you were one of those "complex cases'--Smile But I know that's not a lighthearted issue with anyone waiting for money. The only thing I can think of to add in terms of advice is that AWI has stated that they were going to deal with EUC first. Then after that (whenever that would be) they would deal with the EB extension.

(Even though that seems rather unjust, since EB folks have been out for much longer as a rule, I think the EB extension took AWI off-guard. They expected a possible Tier extension, but maybe not an EB extension and were probably less prepared for it. This is just my surmising here, not any kind of inside knowledge or anything like that.)

So since they haven't, presumably, got their system updated for EB yet, naturally your account would not show anything about those two weeks. What the reps see on their screens is not always the same readout as what we see online. So if someone did actually work out the errors in your case (not impossible), then the letter you got makes sense. I hate to give advice that might backfire; all I can say is if that happened to me, I would go ahead and fill out the forms as requested, then wait for them to receive the mail and call up to see where you stand. You sound to me like you have a very clear record and memory of exactly what happened and can review it again with them if needed, preferably with one of the Tallahassee regulars, not the call center people.

If you don't send it now, you may have to compete with an absolute deluge of mail they will get when everybody else starts sending in their claim forms as well!
nancym
nancym

Back to top Go down

Post  Steve_ Fri Aug 06, 2010 5:24 am

Jeff wrote:
Lots of people are getting those letters. It's a screw up..at least in every case I've heard. Heck since June I've received three of them telling me to claim two weeks in May 2010 (which I've already claimed, received and spent) but not to do it after November 2009! DUH!!!

Yes, I got one of those letters telling me to certify for the one and only week of EB that I already got, and the same stuff about not doing it after November 2009. Figured it has to be a computer screw up. I have just ignored it.

Steve_

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeff Tue Aug 10, 2010 7:30 pm

Tried all day today online and by teleclaim to claim EB retro-weeks. Finally was able to claim online at around five oclock this aft. Claimed all nine weeks. It was slow...took about 45 minutes. Existing claims still qualify for the $25 weekly stimulus as well.

Jeff

Back to top Go down

Post  Steve_ Wed Aug 11, 2010 8:11 am

Yep, I finally got mine claimed around 6PM.

I haven't been counting on the stimulus money.I have seen conflicting reports. Guess we will know soon.

Steve_

Back to top Go down

Post  jamatuccio Wed Aug 11, 2010 11:37 am

I was waiting for my tier 4 to to kick in after a 8 week delay. I logged in on monday and my message updated from no weeks to claim to my claim date being tuesday aug. 11. That was great news! Well logged in tues. and went to claim weeks and said no weeks to claim. Went back and looked at the info under claim info and again it said tues aug 11 and balance was 1500. I tried all day to claim and even called the 800 # that could not real help, because it said please try back later. Well first thing wed morning I tried to claim weeks and did the same thing. Did anyone else have this problem? Please help.
Thank you!

jamatuccio

Back to top Go down

Post  snugglebear Wed Aug 11, 2010 3:59 pm

I was able to file my new EB claim on Monday and it was approved and my weeks were available to claim this morning. I was able to claim 6 weeks (the first 2 weeks being exempt from reporting requirements) but I was never given an option to give my work search for the other 4.

The AWI site says I have been issued a check for 1 week and I have no new weeks to claim so I'm not sure where the other 5 weeks I claimed disappeared to. It DOES show the additional stimulus money included.

I've left a message and hope to get a return call soon to help me figure out what is going on. Has anyone else been able to enter their work search online since the update?
snugglebear
snugglebear

Back to top Go down

Post  Steve_ Wed Aug 11, 2010 5:32 pm

I just claimed all my retro-weeks on Tuesday, and the system did not prompt me to enter any work-search information.

I just checked my claim information, and the system is showing that a check was issued today, but for only 4 weeks? Maybe there is a limit to how many weeks the system will pay on one check?

A stimulus check was also issued.

Steve_

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeff Wed Aug 11, 2010 6:46 pm

I claimed 9 retro weeks on an existing EB account yesterday. This morning one check for one week(and a $25 stimulus check)was mailed. This afternoon another check for three weeks(plus stimulus)was mailed. I don't understand their formula for cutting checks. It may have to do with interruptions in the claiming process. For example a few times while I was claiming, it would stall on the submit for processing page and say the system is unavailable. I'd click RETRY and start the process of claiming a week again, and it would show the next week as if the one which was interrupted was processed. Oddly my info page still says that the next claim date is August 9th. BTW, we don't have to submit our work searches. It's still wise to keep our records though.

Jeff

Back to top Go down

Post  Steve_ Wed Aug 11, 2010 7:08 pm

Jeff wrote:I claimed 9 retro weeks on an existing EB account yesterday. This morning one check for one week(and a $25 stimulus check)was mailed. This afternoon another check for three weeks(plus stimulus)was mailed. I don't understand their formula for cutting checks. It may have to do with interruptions in the claiming process. For example a few times while I was claiming, it would stall on the submit for processing page and say the system is unavailable. I'd click RETRY and start the process of claiming a week again, and it would show the next week as if the one which was interrupted was processed. Oddly my info page still says that the next claim date is August 9th. BTW, we don't have to submit our work searches. It's still wise to keep our records though.

Thanks for the info Jeff.

My info page also says that my next date to certify is August 9th.
I was reading about some issues like this from around this same time last year in the Claiming Retro Weeks section here. Seems these kind of issues are common, but most of the weeks get caught up within a couple of days. Most likely has do do with a very outdated computer system. Hopefully that will be the case for the rest of us here that have just certified for reto-weeks.

Steve_

Back to top Go down

Post  snugglebear Wed Aug 11, 2010 9:19 pm

I wanted to give an update since I got through to Melody this afternoon. She was very pleasant to speak with, a total asset to AWI I love you

She advised me to check back tomorrow and the rest of the weeks should come through. I did ask about the work search requirement and, at least in my case, she said I would not have to start entering them until my week ending 8/28. I asked if I should mail in my current records and she said that would not be necessary so I am going to file them in a safe place just in case!

I felt such a sense of relief after that phone call, my fridge is pretty bare and I am looking forward to buying some groceries this weekend! cheers
snugglebear
snugglebear

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeff Wed Aug 11, 2010 11:42 pm

Steve_ wrote:
Jeff wrote:I claimed 9 retro weeks on an existing EB account yesterday. This morning one check for one week(and a $25 stimulus check)was mailed. This afternoon another check for three weeks(plus stimulus)was mailed. I don't understand their formula for cutting checks. It may have to do with interruptions in the claiming process. For example a few times while I was claiming, it would stall on the submit for processing page and say the system is unavailable. I'd click RETRY and start the process of claiming a week again, and it would show the next week as if the one which was interrupted was processed. Oddly my info page still says that the next claim date is August 9th. BTW, we don't have to submit our work searches. It's still wise to keep our records though.

Thanks for the info Jeff.

My info page also says that my next date to certify is August 9th.
I was reading about some issues like this from around this same time last year in the Claiming Retro Weeks section here. Seems these kind of issues are common, but most of the weeks get caught up within a couple of days. Most likely has do do with a very outdated computer system. Hopefully that will be the case for the rest of us here that have just certified for reto-weeks.

Hah, yes! Even AWI complains about it's own computer system! Like you, I'm confidant it will all get squared away in time, and that we'll receive all our benefits. Glad you got to claim your retro weeks. What a relief, huh?

Jeff

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeff Wed Aug 11, 2010 11:44 pm

snugglebear wrote:I wanted to give an update since I got through to Melody this afternoon. She was very pleasant to speak with, a total asset to AWI I love you

She advised me to check back tomorrow and the rest of the weeks should come through. I did ask about the work search requirement and, at least in my case, she said I would not have to start entering them until my week ending 8/28. I asked if I should mail in my current records and she said that would not be necessary so I am going to file them in a safe place just in case!

I felt such a sense of relief after that phone call, my fridge is pretty bare and I am looking forward to buying some groceries this weekend! cheers

Congratulations SB. Nothing like a full fridge to give one a sense of appreciation after it having been empty.

Jeff

Back to top Go down

General EB Discussion - Ongoing - Page 26 Empty Unemployment extension: Florida will certify over phone

Post  sc4ram Thu Aug 12, 2010 2:59 pm

sc4ram
sc4ram

Back to top Go down

Post  Steve_ Thu Aug 12, 2010 6:36 pm

I just checked my account information, and it shows that a check was issued today for the remaining weeks.

I might even treat myself to the 99 cent menu this weekend! Laughing

Steve_

Back to top Go down

General EB Discussion - Ongoing - Page 26 Empty What really happens when you report temp agency work?

Post  gknowles Sat Aug 14, 2010 3:20 pm

Hello all,
I am on EUC II and need good info regarding problems to look out for when reporting temp work wages. I understand that you report them the week you work them, not the week that you are paid the temp wages.

I'm more concerned with issues like future eligibility for tier III, if needed, does temp work change any dates?
And if for some reason, I have to file a new claim on down the line, are they going to base it on the temp wages or my original wage determination?

Can anyone please help with info?!

Thanks!

gknowles

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeff Sat Aug 14, 2010 5:24 pm

gknowles wrote:Hello all,
I am on EUC II and need good info regarding problems to look out for when reporting temp work wages. I understand that you report them the week you work them, not the week that you are paid the temp wages.

I'm more concerned with issues like future eligibility for tier III, if needed, does temp work change any dates?
And if for some reason, I have to file a new claim on down the line, are they going to base it on the temp wages or my original wage determination?

Can anyone please help with info?!

Thanks!

If you make over fifty dollars in a week the excess gets deducted from your unemployment. So if you make 75 dollars in a week, they deduct 25 from your benefits. Last year, I claimed temp work for two weeks(I worked one day each week) and almost lost my benefits entirely. They were convinced it was a real job and that I had quit. I tld the AWI rep probably ten times that it was day labor and not a real job before he got what I was saying. So I won't take temp work anymore. My advice is either claim benefits or take a job if you find it. Don't mix and match. I don't know, maybe you'll have better luck than me.

Oops, it just occured to me that I didn't at all address your concern about suspending your claim while you work. Sorry but I have no experience or knowledge in that area. I do know that after my regular job ended, I took a part time job for over a year before losing it too and having to go on unemployment. And they used the part time job to determine my benefits.

Jeff

Back to top Go down

General EB Discussion - Ongoing - Page 26 Empty Thank you!

Post  gknowles Sun Aug 15, 2010 11:26 am

Don't mix and match...I hear you loud and clear. It's such a shame. Networking and temping are great ways to find a job. Too Bad the system can't handle it.

gknowles

Back to top Go down

Post  maseoane Tue Aug 17, 2010 3:55 pm

Steve_ wrote:I just claimed all my retro-weeks on Tuesday, and the system did not prompt me to enter any work-search information.

I just checked my claim information, and the system is showing that a check was issued today, but for only 4 weeks? Maybe there is a limit to how many weeks the system will pay on one check?

I guess you are a lucky one.....
Hello, new here, just looking for information, since is impossible to get intouch with anyone at AWI...
My claim page 'still" saying my next claim day is August 9....
I was able to claim 9 weeks last Tuesday in the afternoon, the system was VERY slow, but I printed a confirmation that I claimed every week...
Wellllll....still..no money.....I am setup for direct deposit....

Anyone here same boat?? still waiting????

Thanks!!!!

Manny

maseoane

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeff Tue Aug 17, 2010 5:46 pm

maseoane wrote:
Steve_ wrote:I just claimed all my retro-weeks on Tuesday, and the system did not prompt me to enter any work-search information.

Hello, new here, just looking for information, since is impossible to get intouch with anyone at AWI...
I was able to claim 9 weeks last Tuesday in the afternoon, the system was VERY slow, but I printed a confirmation that I claimed every week...

Thanks!!!!

Manny

Hi Manny. I would think that if you were able to claim last Tuesday, it should have processed by now. I claimed 9 weeks on-line last Tuesday and received one week on Thursday, three more weeks on Friday, and the five remaining weeks on Saturday. It was all direct deposited according to previous account info. And my account info is fully updated, reflective of all recent activity and next clain date.
I found a phone number and extension for an AWI Rep who's supposed to be very good. Her name is Cassandra. The number is 1-877-846-8770. Her extension is 1493. If you get an answering machine just leave your name, phone number or whatever it says. And she will return your call and hopefully get you squared away. She is not a standard Rep....more of an expert at it I'm told.

Jeff

Back to top Go down

Post  nancym Tue Aug 17, 2010 8:34 pm

gknowles wrote:Don't mix and match...I hear you loud and clear. It's such a shame. Networking and temping are great ways to find a job. Too Bad the system can't handle it.

Note that there is a big difference between temp contract work and temp salaried work. I did occasional temp contract work over the course of the last couple years and it was an advantage while on benefits in that it extended my account balance out a few extra weeks. The difference is that temp contract work (no taxes taken out) has no way for the state to bill out the employer taxes to any employer. You are essentially working as self-employed. As long as you aren't making a lot of money doing these little jobs (in my case it was little graphic projects and website work, usually no more than a few hundred per project, every few weeks or few months or so), and as long as you explain that it is "odd job" contract work when reporting, you shouldn't run into problems. You can earn an extra $100-200 per month that way while on benefits, if you can find the work.

On the other hand, taking a week-long temp salaried job, where the employer (even if an agency) takes out taxes, is a different story. The benefit if it paid well and lasted long enough would mean that you might be eligible for a new benefit year claim, but usually that claim would be much less in the weekly amount than if you actually had a prof job for a year or more. And the salaried job tags that employer to your record and they keep asking if you went back to work for them!

HOWEVER, the new bill that just passed Congress, HR 4213, has some NEW provisions that supposedly make taking temp work less punishing. Congress, at least some of them there, became aware of the catch-22 of taking little jobs and risking a big dent in survival benefits. So they included that provision in the new law. I do not know the details of that provision, and I probably won't have time to research it since it doesn't affect me at this time. But anyone looking at possible temp work or 'odd jobs" might want to look up the exact wording in the law to see how it may have changed the way things work with these little temp jobs. After all, for a while, little temp jobs may be all that many of can get for a while!
nancym
nancym

Back to top Go down

Post  maseoane Wed Aug 18, 2010 10:05 am

Jeff wrote:
maseoane wrote:
Thanks!!!!
Manny

Hi Manny. I would think that if you were able to claim last Tuesday, it should have processed by now. I claimed 9 weeks on-line last Tuesday and received one week on Thursday, three more weeks on Friday, and the five remaining weeks on Saturday. It was all direct deposited according to previous account info. And my account info is fully updated, reflective of all recent activity and next clain date.
I found a phone number and extension for an AWI Rep who's supposed to be very good. Her name is Cassandra. The number is 1-877-846-8770. Her extension is 1493. If you get an answering machine just leave your name, phone number or whatever it says. And she will return your call and hopefully get you squared away. She is not a standard Rep....more of an expert at it I'm told.

I appreciate your help very much....I was able to talk to someone and I was told that my claim is under "investigation"... Sad
I took a job back on 5/21 from Kforce and it lasted only for a week, it was a salaried job and I guess now I am screwed...
Kforce tell me as company policy they don't provide this type of information....(if I was discharged,terminated, fired or whatever)
I just can't belive I been penalized for trying to get back to work...
I am VERY deppressed!!!!

Manny

maseoane

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeff Wed Aug 18, 2010 10:59 am

Well manny, if it's any consolation, EB is 100%federally funded. So kforce is in no way liable for your benefits and shouldn't be in a position to contest your benefit claim. When an AWI claim investigator calls you, you should be able to explain your situation to him/her and hopefully it will be resolved in your favor right on the phone. I had a similar situation where my account was flagged for working two days thru a temp agency. An investigator called me and I was able to clear it up on the phone. I received a determination letter in my favor in the mail. And my benefit claim continued on a regular schedule.

Jeff

Back to top Go down

Post  maseoane Wed Aug 18, 2010 6:11 pm

Jeff wrote:Well manny, if it's any consolation, EB is 100%federally funded. So kforce is in no way liable for your benefits and shouldn't be in a position to contest your benefit claim. When an AWI claim investigator calls you, you should be able to explain your situation to him/her and hopefully it will be resolved in your favor right on the phone. I had a similar situation where my account was flagged for working two days thru a temp agency. An investigator called me and I was able to clear it up on the phone. I received a determination letter in my favor in the mail. And my benefit claim continued on a regular schedule.

Thank you for the kind words, I guess they will call someday....my wife work for the school system she was out of work for two months, and that complicated things...thanks for taking the time to write...take care...

Manny

maseoane

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 26 of 27 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27  Next