Unemployed Florida

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Unemployed Florida
Unemployed Florida
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Work Search Form Requirements

+46
looking for work 2009
seahorse
LindaLou
Sheila
John in Orlando
NELP
surfer
botanyandbodies
sa112263
maybee
grandmom49
JaxKnight
scrappy367
Me From Jax
john
garyb
mom4x
spirit
Unemployed Mamma
nachomama
DLS79
dplboc
mhigurl
pyrox
elissa
astettner
suicidal
riceckr
jim stratton
ArleneG
GonzoFL
help
Robyn
sherbetarchitect
hungry in orange city
Marc
Robbi314
JennyB
sc4ram
WMac
brb2007
daytonawanda
SaraJ
Maggi MIami
nancym
Unemployed In Orlando
50 posters

Page 1 of 15 1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 15  Next

Go down

Work Search Form Requirements Empty Work Search Form Requirements

Post  Unemployed In Orlando Mon Jul 13, 2009 3:57 pm

I posted in another thread but I am making a new one cause I know this will come up soon

"Yes I found out that the next TWO weeks that we claim between now and 7/27 and 7/28 for others will also have a section when claiming weeks to input the employers you applied with during those TWO weeks. Of course she also said forms will be mailed out as well for those who do not have internet access. Im thinking they will come with the 2 week reminders we receive to claim weeks, but since we all have internet access, disregard those and just fill out the section online when claiming. These work forms / submissions are not going to be required for retro weeks I was told. So its only something forward now on upcoming weeks to claim."
Unemployed In Orlando
Unemployed In Orlando
Admin

https://unemployed-florida.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Work Search Form Requirements Empty New work search required forms

Post  nancym Wed Jul 22, 2009 7:56 pm

Did anyone else here get their first work search forms? I just got one in the mail. It is combined with the usual claim form. All to be either mailed OR filled out online.

Fields:

--Employer name, address, city, state, zip OR website name and url
--Contact name or online job number/reference number
--Type of work sought
--Method of contact/Action Taken
--Contact Date
--Results
plus four available spaces for each week for the info (min 2 searches on two different days per week required)

For those back on schedule, this is not news, but thought I'd post this here for anyone not updated in their application yet, or those who might be wondering what kind of records they need to keep for EB.

This first form was sent to me for claiming online next week; FYI I was never asked to document prior weeks, just those that start with the new non-retroactive weeks (next Tuesday claim date for me).
nancym
nancym

Back to top Go down

Work Search Form Requirements Empty Re: Work Search Form Requirements

Post  Maggi MIami Fri Jul 24, 2009 7:58 pm

I also got it today! i am to claim next on the 28th, i did not know the form was gonna be online to fill out so i filled the paper one already, it was so difficult because the spaces are extremely small and could not get all the info in there, so i made a separate sheet on my Word program with the info so they can read it clearly. Now, i wonder if those forms will actually be online for us to fill out, does anyone know? if thats the case i won't send mine in and will wait til Tuesday when i claim my weeks.
Hope to hear from someone soon! Thanks so much
Maggi MIami
Maggi MIami

Back to top Go down

Post  Unemployed In Orlando Fri Jul 24, 2009 8:21 pm

Maggi MIami wrote:I also got it today! i am to claim next on the 28th, i did not know the form was gonna be online to fill out so i filled the paper one already, it was so difficult because the spaces are extremely small and could not get all the info in there, so i made a separate sheet on my Word program with the info so they can read it clearly. Now, i wonder if those forms will actually be online for us to fill out, does anyone know? if thats the case i won't send mine in and will wait til Tuesday when i claim my weeks.
Hope to hear from someone soon! Thanks so much

Yup Maggi, I replied to your other post lol

There will be the option to put those in online when you claim on the 28th from what I have been told.
Unemployed In Orlando
Unemployed In Orlando
Admin

Back to top Go down

Work Search Form Requirements Empty work search forms

Post  SaraJ Fri Jul 24, 2009 9:10 pm

Thanks so much to all of you! This is a great forum. I have not received my "forms" yet so I was wondering all the info they would want....just trying to be prepared as I claim my weeks next Tuesday.

SaraJ

Back to top Go down

Post  Maggi MIami Fri Jul 24, 2009 10:18 pm

HEY UIO! thanks for your answer!!!!! Listen, if I have mine already so nicely done...can i just mail it in? i hate to go thru the hassle of doing it again online on Tuesday, what do ya think? i have three jobs that I applied for for the first week and 4 for the second week, Question
Maggi MIami
Maggi MIami

Back to top Go down

Post  SaraJ Sat Jul 25, 2009 9:18 am

Maggi MIami wrote:HEY UIO! thanks for your answer!!!!! Listen, if I have mine already so nicely done...can i just mail it in? i hate to go thru the hassle of doing it again online on Tuesday, what do ya think? i have three jobs that I applied for for the first week and 4 for the second week, Question

You can mail it in but it will take A LOT LONGER to process. That means you would have to claim your weeks by mail as well. Do it all online....it is much more efficient! At least all your info is organized and ready to go! Very Happy

SaraJ

Back to top Go down

Post  Maggi MIami Sat Jul 25, 2009 10:39 am

U are totally right, then they will delay payment and that's the very last thing I need now that is the last of the month and idon't want to go thru the same crap i went last month to pay the rent......, i will just copy what i have on the online form and that's it,,,,,are you getting your payments ok? you know, i was thinking last night,after this is over, and we are still out of a job...oh boy, i get GLOOMY CHILLS all over, because i honestly don't believe they're gonna have a fourth EB, so, God Help us All, UIO you have been more than an angel, you have been our Leading Angel, thanks so much for all your assistance, i don't know how we all would have known a lot of things going on if it would not have been by your forum! I love you
Maggi MIami
Maggi MIami

Back to top Go down

Work Search Form Requirements Empty WORK SEARCH'S

Post  daytonawanda Mon Jul 27, 2009 7:55 am

I JUST CLAIMED ONLINE THIS AM, AND THEY DO HAVE A PLACE TO PUT WORK SEARCHS IN, BUT THEY ONLY WANTED ME TO DO THE WEEK ENDING IN 7/25/09, THE FIRST WEEK I DID THEY WERE DONE AS PREVIOUS WEEKS, THEN THIS CAME UP. DO YOU WISH TO CLAIM WEEK ENDING 7/25/09 DOING SO YOU MUST FILL OUT THE WORK SEARCH SECTION, IF ANY ONE ELSE HAS THIS HAPPEN PLEASE POST, I AM WONDERING IF THE FIRST WEEKS CLAIM FORM WAS MESSED UP ON MY CLAIM BEACAUSE IWAS NEVER ASKED THAT QUESTION ON FIRST WEEK TO CLAIM

daytonawanda

Back to top Go down

Post  Unemployed In Orlando Mon Jul 27, 2009 9:01 am

daytonawanda wrote:I JUST CLAIMED ONLINE THIS AM, AND THEY DO HAVE A PLACE TO PUT WORK SEARCHS IN, BUT THEY ONLY WANTED ME TO DO THE WEEK ENDING IN 7/25/09, THE FIRST WEEK I DID THEY WERE DONE AS PREVIOUS WEEKS, THEN THIS CAME UP. DO YOU WISH TO CLAIM WEEK ENDING 7/25/09 DOING SO YOU MUST FILL OUT THE WORK SEARCH SECTION, IF ANY ONE ELSE HAS THIS HAPPEN PLEASE POST, I AM WONDERING IF THE FIRST WEEKS CLAIM FORM WAS MESSED UP ON MY CLAIM BEACAUSE IWAS NEVER ASKED THAT QUESTION ON FIRST WEEK TO CLAIM

I just claimed 7/18 and 7/25 and it didnt prompt me at all for work search information....weird... I was expecting it too.
Unemployed In Orlando
Unemployed In Orlando
Admin

Back to top Go down

Work Search Form Requirements Empty Claims weeks at 7:20 am

Post  brb2007 Mon Jul 27, 2009 12:13 pm

Claimed weeks 7/18 and 7/25 this morning they didn't ask for work search info.......
brb2007
brb2007

Back to top Go down

Post  Maggi MIami Mon Jul 27, 2009 2:23 pm

well,let's see tomorrow when i claim mine early morning,will let you all know
Maggi MIami
Maggi MIami

Back to top Go down

Post  SaraJ Mon Jul 27, 2009 8:12 pm

I never received the regular claim form or the new work search form in the mail yet telling me to claim my weeks and my claim day is tomorrow. Go figure. I'll post & let you know what happens. Did anyone else NOT get their notice to claim their weeks Question Question Maybe AWI is just that behind...

SaraJ

Back to top Go down

Work Search Form Requirements Empty Work Search Form

Post  WMac Tue Jul 28, 2009 8:53 am

I never received by mail the new form to claim weeks or enter work searches. I just finished claiming weeks on-line for 7/18 and 7/25. Week 7/18 had no work search requirements, but on week 7/25, I had to enter job search information. How should you enter a business address, phone# if the newspaper ad only gives an email address? All * fields must be annotated.

WMac

Back to top Go down

Post  sc4ram Tue Jul 28, 2009 10:43 am

I claimed my weeks today (Tues). It did not ask for a work search for the first week (7-18) but did ask for a work search for the 2nd week (7-25). It was pretty strait forward. The system was very sluggish. When I submitted my second week's data it sat dormant for a long time. When I hit submit again it said I had no weeks to claim. I logged out and back in and it said I still had no weeks to claim. (I presume that means it received my claim). It didnt ask me to confirm my DD info as it usually does. (Im sure I'll find out if I was successful on DD day) . Neutral
sc4ram
sc4ram

Back to top Go down

Post  Maggi MIami Tue Jul 28, 2009 1:08 pm

Same here, i claimed weeks today, i was asked to leave my job search for just the week ending 7/25, the system was terribly slow but I managed to get it done after almost 25 minutes, but the form to fill in the job info is very badly set up because it asks for things that we can't put in because, in my case, I apply thru career bulders, monster, jobing etc, and mostly in Career Builders they almost never give out the name of the company, nor contact name nor phone number, they do provide reference number, thank God, but other than that, forget it, so, that's one bad thing about it, they should change that form, anyway, i have to claim again on 8/11, let's see if they DD in two days the last time, I am terrified when this thing is over, and NO JOBS!!! Will keep posting if something comes up.
By the way, Hello UIO!!!!!!! Very Happy
Maggi MIami
Maggi MIami

Back to top Go down

Post  SaraJ Tue Jul 28, 2009 1:16 pm

I never received any paperwork in the mail, but I claimed my weeks this morning for 7/18 & 7/25. I too only had to fill out the work search form for the week ending 7/25.

Does anyone know if you HAVE to put in a job number?? I applied for a job yesterday that does not have a job number associated with it....we are not required to use the employ florida website. I would appreciate someones input

SaraJ

Back to top Go down

Post  sc4ram Tue Jul 28, 2009 1:56 pm

I came across the box asking for a job number on one of my job searches (the search where I inputted that I applied via the internet, the job search where I said I applied via email didnt ask for a job #) . Where it asked for job# i simply put the website of the company where I applied. (the website didnt have their openings listed by number)

Update, I just checked my claim info tab on the AWI site and it accepted my weekly claim and issued a check, so it must of accepted the website I entered as a approproate job #.

Good Luck

Last edited by sc4ram on Tue Jul 28, 2009 2:21 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : update)
sc4ram
sc4ram

Back to top Go down

Post  SaraJ Tue Jul 28, 2009 3:12 pm

Thanks for your input sc4ram!!!!!!!!!

That makes total sense.....I thought it would ask for job # always as I only input jobs that I applied by internet.

Thanks again!

SaraJ

Back to top Go down

Post  Maggi MIami Tue Jul 28, 2009 3:17 pm

well, of the ones i input today, one of them did not have a job reference number so i uust wrote "no info given", what else can you do? Career Builders usually do not post the company's name or contact name, just "apply now" and that's it, employ florida also does the same thing, most of the time.
Maggi MIami
Maggi MIami

Back to top Go down

Post  JennyB Tue Jul 28, 2009 4:45 pm

daytonawanda wrote:I JUST CLAIMED ONLINE THIS AM, AND THEY DO HAVE A PLACE TO PUT WORK SEARCHS IN, BUT THEY ONLY WANTED ME TO DO THE WEEK ENDING IN 7/25/09, THE FIRST WEEK I DID THEY WERE DONE AS PREVIOUS WEEKS, THEN THIS CAME UP. DO YOU WISH TO CLAIM WEEK ENDING 7/25/09 DOING SO YOU MUST FILL OUT THE WORK SEARCH SECTION, IF ANY ONE ELSE HAS THIS HAPPEN PLEASE POST, I AM WONDERING IF THE FIRST WEEKS CLAIM FORM WAS MESSED UP ON MY CLAIM BEACAUSE IWAS NEVER ASKED THAT QUESTION ON FIRST WEEK TO CLAIM

The exact same thing happened to me yesterday too Wanda.

I wouldnt worry too much. From what I'm reading here and there, its seems that not EVERYONE at this point is being asked for you to add your work search when you claim online (yes they only asked for the last week from me too).
I'm sure in a few weeks everyone (who claims online) will have to enter their work searches.

Once again UIO, thank you for creating this Florida Blog.
Jenny

JennyB

Back to top Go down

Post  Maggi MIami Thu Jul 30, 2009 11:13 am

ok, i claimed on 7-28, filled the job search and 2 days later, today, i got the monies normally, so, seems like the way i filled the form was accepted ok, please post your experiences so we all know what's going on. !!!
Maggi MIami
Maggi MIami

Back to top Go down

Post  sc4ram Thu Jul 30, 2009 11:40 am

Maggie- I too was tasked to enter a work serch for only 1 week on line (but claimed 2 weeks of benefits) , and I entered a web addy in the job# blank, I received a DD today for 2 weeks of benefits. So everything appears to be in order. Good Luck
sc4ram
sc4ram

Back to top Go down

Work Search Form Requirements Empty work search form requirements

Post  SaraJ Thu Jul 30, 2009 7:00 pm

Hi all........Received my 2 weeks payment DD today. I only had to input job searches for the week ending 7/25 as well.

SaraJ

Back to top Go down

Work Search Form Requirements Empty work search form bug or oddity

Post  nancym Fri Jul 31, 2009 1:50 pm

Just thought I'd add my latest experiences and a bit about a small hiccup you MIGHT run into at some point, if they haven't fixed it.

For whatever reason last Tuesday I was asked to claim two weeks online, not one week as some have experienced. I was prepared for the specifics by the mail-in form, but I noticed that when I entered long entries (like long urls for internet job apps, or other long entries) I would hit enter once and it would then shorten my long answers, making urls useless to anyone actually doing an audit. Then I would have to hit submit again in order for the data to be accepted. Once I noticed this I just figured, well, that's the way they designed it, have to go with it!

But then I got to one entry that would not cut the entries short and also would not accept the data no matter how many times I hit Submit. FINALLY, after manually shortening a few lines of data, it accepted the submission.

I have no idea if this is due to a browser incompatibility (using either IE6 or current Firefox on this machine I use for these claims) or because of a slow system (I did the claim very early in the morning.) I received my DD funds without a hitch on Thursday(!), much earlier than I expected.

So, 1) if this "hiccup" ever happens with your claim, don't worry about it, just shorten whatever long entries you have, and 2) it's possible, I don't know for sure, but I think if you claim very early in the morning, you might save yourself a whole day of waiting for funds because of maybe getting into an earlier batch for processing.
nancym
nancym

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 15 1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 15  Next