Unemployed Florida

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Unemployed Florida
Unemployed Florida
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Work Search Form Requirements

+46
looking for work 2009
seahorse
LindaLou
Sheila
John in Orlando
NELP
surfer
botanyandbodies
sa112263
maybee
grandmom49
JaxKnight
scrappy367
Me From Jax
john
garyb
mom4x
spirit
Unemployed Mamma
nachomama
DLS79
dplboc
mhigurl
pyrox
elissa
astettner
suicidal
riceckr
jim stratton
ArleneG
GonzoFL
help
Robyn
sherbetarchitect
hungry in orange city
Marc
Robbi314
JennyB
sc4ram
WMac
brb2007
daytonawanda
SaraJ
Maggi MIami
nancym
Unemployed In Orlando
50 posters

Page 3 of 15 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9 ... 15  Next

Go down

Work Search Form Requirements - Page 3 Empty Re: Work Search Form Requirements

Post  Robbi314 Tue Aug 11, 2009 6:48 pm

And another thing. Sorry AWI, but not all of us are perfect little claimants. So if we make a mistake, please don't make us feel like we are fraud committing criminals! How about paying us what we have worked for and give a warning with a letter of explaination so it won't happen again if you're not "satisfied" with our work search! I have been in the workforce for 40 years! I deserve a bit more respect than I am being given here. And so does everyone else for that matter. Butth***s!

Robbi314

Back to top Go down

Post  hungry in orange city Tue Aug 11, 2009 6:57 pm

I just messed up by using the same date I should have had my claim form in front of me when I claimed my weeks, I would have seen it. I knew they added the work search. Since my DD does not usually go in until Wednesday I may wait until tommorow to call.
hungry in orange city
hungry in orange city

Back to top Go down

Post  Unemployed In Orlando Tue Aug 11, 2009 8:07 pm

Robbi314 wrote:And another thing. Sorry AWI, but not all of us are perfect little claimants. So if we make a mistake, please don't make us feel like we are fraud committing criminals! How about paying us what we have worked for and give a warning with a letter of explaination so it won't happen again if you're not "satisfied" with our work search! I have been in the workforce for 40 years! I deserve a bit more respect than I am being given here. And so does everyone else for that matter. Butth***s!

This is insane, I doubt they even have the resources to make the verification process a smooth one. I agree with everything you said except I would have said cocksuckers! rather than buttholes! Twisted Evil

I understand that they think they need to push some people to make legitimate work searches but my guess is that the majority of us are making honest efforts to find work in any shape or size.
Unemployed In Orlando
Unemployed In Orlando
Admin

https://unemployed-florida.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Robbi314 Tue Aug 11, 2009 8:12 pm

HA!HA!HA! Well, I was kinda afraid to say that, but glad you did! At least you made me laugh, I've just been so aggravated all day long! Mad

Robbi314

Back to top Go down

Post  sherbetarchitect Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:45 pm

So many of my job contacts are through craigslist and that is like 95% anonymous. It's not only because some of those jobs are bogus but employers are so picky and choosy and they don't want to give you contact info because they dont' want you to follow up with them. They want to be able to "don't call us we'll call u" so I had to improvise on some of the ridiculous info they wanted but not for lack of job searching. I spend hours every day glued to the computer and newspaper looking for legitimate job ads that pay enough to keep food on the table. It's so friggin annoying.

sherbetarchitect

Back to top Go down

Post  nancym Wed Aug 12, 2009 7:46 am

sherbetarchitect wrote:... and it is 2 work search activities on 2 separate days not 3 btw!

So sorry, you're absolutely right, only 2 work searches on separate days required. I must have been thinking of three only because I had just claimed with three that day.
nancym
nancym

Back to top Go down

Post  Robbi314 Wed Aug 12, 2009 7:49 am

Well, I am not surprised to report NO MONEY in my bank account this morning as well as no change in my UE account. Rotten Bastards!!!! I really don't know what I'm gonna do now!

Robbi314

Back to top Go down

Post  nancym Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:27 am

Robbi314 wrote:Well, I am not surprised to report NO MONEY in my bank account this morning as well as no change in my UE account. Rotten Bastards!!!! I really don't know what I'm gonna do now!

I think this is the scenario that brings most of us to the breaking point. First we are subject to the whims of employers, then to the erratic processes of AWI, and then the triple whammy is we are then thrown to the mercy of the merciless creditors and credit card companies. That was the point of desperation I was at last month when the deadline for cutting off my electric coincided with waiting for our first July EB payments. I got by fortunately by the skin of my teeth and a little luck (one bit was a rare sympathetic FPL rep who simply listened and negated my extra deposit requirement--I only called expecting to rant at someone--what are the odds of a good outcome to that call!)

Robbi, is there a shred of hope that those creditors that you couldn't change the auto withdrawals for might not actually dip into your account until the next day or so? I assume you've called them if the actual last due date is not today. But even if today and the payment is credited today, I assume you know that most online payments take at least a day or so beyond your stated payment date to actually come out of your account. Any hope there?
nancym
nancym

Back to top Go down

Post  Robbi314 Wed Aug 12, 2009 9:22 am

nancy, I was able to change 2 of them but the others it's too late. I am afraid to make any other promises to pay because who knows how long they will hold that money. They can do whatever they want apparently. Do you remember reading if any other EB states have had this happen?

Robbi314

Back to top Go down

Post  nancym Wed Aug 12, 2009 9:58 am

Robbi314 wrote:...Do you remember reading if any other EB states have had this happen?

I don't remember any particular state, but I know I've seen headlines of some states where computers were crashing or other delays in payments. But from my own experience I'm a little surprised at the number of posts that expect an update to accounts on an exact day.

That's probably because for months I used to claim usually in the early afternoons, or even the next day. (I needed the money, but have been on a late evening work schedule for most of my life, until recently.) That got me used to the fact that if I claimed on Tuesday (my normal day), I could count on my DD by Friday, not Thursday, unless I was lucky.

And then sometimes it would come on the next Monday if I had work reported that they had a small delay on. Or worse, as things got really bad with all that programming stuff, my last checks on EUC were even more unpredictable.

I just got used to never counting on a particular day for DD, and had to pay a few late fees as a consequence. Luckily, most of my creditors allow me to pay on the due date online, as long as before a certain hour, so I stopped making scheduled payments for many things. I just kept track of the absolute last hour deadline on each account and got the payment in under the wire (except when even that was impossible). To keep track, besides Quicken, I run an Excel spreadsheet of accounts to juggle them all up to the last possible payment HOUR, not even day, when things are the worst!
nancym
nancym

Back to top Go down

Post  Robbi314 Wed Aug 12, 2009 11:11 am

Well, I have been getting benefits about as long as you have and I have always claimed on Monday and had my DD by Wednesday, unless Monday was a holiday then it would come in on Thursday. I can look back through all of my bank records and see that's always been the case.

Robbi314

Back to top Go down

Post  hungry in orange city Wed Aug 12, 2009 12:49 pm

What makes me sick, is that I know people who have not even looked for the first job and are collecting unemployment and they got their money just fine. I have had a resume' on Carreer Builders since the day after I lost my job and travel to my brother's house everyday to send it to employers (because they shut off my internet last year) but because of this stupid fucking job search shit they added here we sit without our money. I even had an interview the other day with one of the jobs I had listed. Of course I already got my "Thanks,but no thanks" letter from them. Crying or Very sad
hungry in orange city
hungry in orange city

Back to top Go down

Post  Maggi MIami Wed Aug 12, 2009 1:03 pm

HUNGRY! this is for emergencies like the ones we are going thru right now, with paid internet being shut off, etc.....i know NETZERO has a free 10 hour a month internet service, totally free for those 10 hours, you should try that because it is much better than nothing and you can check your jobs for whatever time you need until you use up your 10 hours. Let me know if that helps, i HOPE NetZero still has that offer, i used it last year and it worked pretty good for looking for jobs in CareerBuilders or Monster, www.netzero. net or com, can't remember, but try both, hope i was of help to you!!!!! Smile
Maggi MIami
Maggi MIami

Back to top Go down

Post  hungry in orange city Wed Aug 12, 2009 1:21 pm

Thanks for the info, I will check it out !
hungry in orange city
hungry in orange city

Back to top Go down

Post  Maggi MIami Wed Aug 12, 2009 3:05 pm

OK. Melody just called me an hour ago, she says the work search form will not change to make it more feasible to put info in, it will stay the same until all this is over. so. there, we have to put up with a very badly drafted form that asks questions that many can't even answer with the info they request. so. that's it for that.

HUNGRY, here is the link to that free ISP for 10 hours a month:\

http://www.netzero.net/start/landing.do?page=www/free/index
Maggi MIami
Maggi MIami

Back to top Go down

Post  nancym Wed Aug 12, 2009 3:30 pm

Robbi314 wrote:Well, I have been getting benefits about as long as you have and I have always claimed on Monday and had my DD by Wednesday, unless Monday was a holiday then it would come in on Thursday.

I have to admit, until this latest big SNAFU with AWI, I was beginning to get a little envious of the A-L crowd, or however they draw the line for those claiming on Mondays vs. Tuesdays.

But just kidding really. If it's true that we will have to wait much longer than usual for this week's claim, then all of us are in for a shock.
nancym
nancym

Back to top Go down

Post  Robbi314 Wed Aug 12, 2009 5:39 pm

Actually, I think it goes by the last 2 of the social. But anyway I saw a few posts of people who claimed yesterday and saw checks issued this afternoon, so maybe we will all have some good news soon. I'm a bit afraid to be too optomistic just yet, though.

Robbi314

Back to top Go down

Post  Maggi MIami Wed Aug 12, 2009 6:18 pm

Well, i don't think they do it by the Last name, because I have always claimed on Tuesdays and my lastname starts with P, it might be another way, who knows, but yes, i claimed as i said before on Tuesday afternoon and i did not see any claim info changed until this afternoon, when normally it would have been changed early morning, so, it has to be this new thing on verifying the search records that some people are being delayed because i see that in the other Pillars forum there are couple that claimed on Monday and nothing has been changed yet on their claim info page, so, go figure, i honestly for the life of me, don't know how in the world they can check thousands of job searches, do you really think the Human Resources or whoever has those job applications are gonna take the time to go and find your specific job application amongst hundreds? I DON"T KNOW how in the world they can do that. This is unnerving. Evil or Very Mad
Maggi MIami
Maggi MIami

Back to top Go down

Post  Robbi314 Wed Aug 12, 2009 6:30 pm

It seems like the people who claimed on Tuesday are beginning to see payments issued, but the Monday claimers, like me are seeing nothing. And I believe it goes by whether the last 2 digits of your social are odd or even. Even on Monday and odd on Tuesday.

Robbi314

Back to top Go down

Post  nancym Wed Aug 12, 2009 7:28 pm

Robbi314 wrote:It seems like the people who claimed on Tuesday are beginning to see payments issued, but the Monday claimers, like me are seeing nothing. And I believe it goes by whether the last 2 digits of your social are odd or even. Even on Monday and odd on Tuesday.

Of course, I believe you're right; I saw that discussion some time ago about the odd-even and forgot about that. I'm and "odd" (don't quote me on that!) and still haven't seen any account change. But I should opt out of the data comparison this week because I claimed some income for one of the weeks, so I normally expect that sometimes takes them one extra day for that anyway.
nancym
nancym

Back to top Go down

Post  Robyn Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:36 pm

Nancy, next week will be my first claiming EB, assuming all goes well. I read thru all posts and I get it, but I too have income to report. It was earned this week, but I won't see it for 60 days. (verbal contract - 1099) Do you simply write the amount somewhere when claiming weeks, or do you have to provide complete details like full name of company, address, phone #? I'm so afraid claiming Extended will somehow screw me up in terms of getting a job, as in some state weirdo will call and ask if I'm really telling the truth! Yes, i'm paranoid!! Thanks~

Robyn

Back to top Go down

Work Search Form Requirements - Page 3 Empty Still No Money

Post  Robbi314 Thu Aug 13, 2009 8:43 am

Checked my account this morning and still no change!! I am so furious! Anyone else? Maybe I'll let the state pay to retrain me so I can work for 4 years before I retire.

Robbi314

Back to top Go down

Post  nancym Thu Aug 13, 2009 11:04 am

Robyn wrote:Nancy, next week will be my first claiming EB, assuming all goes well. I read thru all posts and I get it, but I too have income to report. It was earned this week, but I won't see it for 60 days. (verbal contract - 1099) Do you simply write the amount somewhere when claiming weeks, or do you have to provide complete details like full name of company, address, phone #? I'm so afraid claiming Extended will somehow screw me up in terms of getting a job, as in some state weirdo will call and ask if I'm really telling the truth! Yes, i'm paranoid!! Thanks~

First of all, I've never given AWI the names of any 1099 client; you don't have to. Since there is no business for which they can tag the benefits to on a 1099, they don't really care. The "employer" you list is yourself, but the form you have to fill out can seem a little weird. You have to make it very clear in the wording that what you are reporting is simply something like "self - temp small project" or "freelance" in the employer fields, and then list your own address, etc. And then I put yet more explanation in the final clarification box that explains that it was just a small temp project that is finished, etc.

In EUC, I would have to call in and report all that on the phone if the amount reported exceeded the weekly amount (in which case you don't get the extra $25, but you do get an "allowed amount" of $50 that they don't subtract from your benefit check). BUT I was surprised this week to report only $100 and then the online forms continued for me to fill all that in right away, probably resulting in a slight delay in my check (maybe).

But this week everyone seems to be delayed, so it's hard for me to know how much delay to expect either generally or because of income reporting. In EUC I could usually count on no delay if it was under the benefit amount.

(If you fill out the form and for some reason they mis-read it and the computer sends you a form as if you were the actual employer, the form allows you to just discard it if it is not applicable.)
nancym
nancym

Back to top Go down

Work Search Form Requirements - Page 3 Empty AWI update

Post  nancym Thu Aug 13, 2009 11:12 am

UIO--You're good at this--I just noticed an AWI FAQ update, but I can never see just what they updated.

http://www.floridajobs.org/unemployment/EB/EB_FAQ_Answers.html#18

This time I THINK it's this:

EB payment and work search requirements
EB laws require a review of your work search record after you have been notified of the EB work search requirement. The week ending 7/25/09 and thereafter will require a review of your work search record before payment can be released. Payments will be processed as soon as the work search record has been reviewed. (italics mine)

Is that the addition? If so, they've made a completely bureaucratic and unnecessary decision to delay everyone's payments for their review. The DOL memo specifically stated that this was unnecessary, only a sample review was needed and payments could be made before that review was done!

If this delay is really 4-5 days, I think it's time to start calling state legislators, the governor, and our vacationing Senators!

Oh, and Jim Stratton, too!

Last edited by nancym on Thu Aug 13, 2009 11:13 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added text)
nancym
nancym

Back to top Go down

Post  Robbi314 Thu Aug 13, 2009 11:17 am

Yes Nancy it is. I just got off the phone with them about half an hour ago. Also you need to have more than one method. No longer can be all internet search, etc. I told them they better post it online because I spend the better part of the day online and I haven't seen any other EB state do this to their unemployed.

Robbi314

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 15 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9 ... 15  Next