Unemployed Florida

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Unemployed Florida
Unemployed Florida
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Work Search Form Requirements

+46
looking for work 2009
seahorse
LindaLou
Sheila
John in Orlando
NELP
surfer
botanyandbodies
sa112263
maybee
grandmom49
JaxKnight
scrappy367
Me From Jax
john
garyb
mom4x
spirit
Unemployed Mamma
nachomama
DLS79
dplboc
mhigurl
pyrox
elissa
astettner
suicidal
riceckr
jim stratton
ArleneG
GonzoFL
help
Robyn
sherbetarchitect
hungry in orange city
Marc
Robbi314
JennyB
sc4ram
WMac
brb2007
daytonawanda
SaraJ
Maggi MIami
nancym
Unemployed In Orlando
50 posters

Page 9 of 15 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 15  Next

Go down

Work Search Form Requirements - Page 9 Empty Re: Work Search Form Requirements

Post  GonzoFL Tue Aug 18, 2009 10:16 am

I notice that the AWI system is moving at a snails pace this morning. If I recall correctly,when I first claimed EB on line it either did not ask for any work search info or only asked for 1 week. If the system failed after that 1 1/2 wait.....I suspect your info vanished into cyberspace. You can continue to try and file and if that doesn't work....sigh....you may have to to the phone-a-thon thing.
GonzoFL
GonzoFL

Back to top Go down

Post  nachomama Tue Aug 18, 2009 10:23 am

hungry in orange city wrote:Money is in account!

Nothing has changed on mine yet... I spoke with Cassandra yesterday and she said that she had removed whatever hold was on the check.. soooo I don't know what the heck is going on.. I don't use DD but I probably should..

Be Alert..
The world needs
more "lerts"
nachomama
nachomama

Back to top Go down

Post  DLS79 Tue Aug 18, 2009 10:33 am

[quote="nachomama"]
hungry in orange city wrote:Money is in account!

Nothing has changed on mine yet... I spoke with Cassandra yesterday and she said that she had removed whatever hold was on the check.. soooo I don't know what the heck is going on.. I don't use DD but I probably should..

Be Alert..
The world needs
more "lerts"[/qI

I'm thinking that after 2 today our accounts should be updated and a check sent.

DLS79

Back to top Go down

Post  GonzoFL Tue Aug 18, 2009 10:35 am

Just called Josh to check my EB claim status. As suspected it was flagged for job search review. He went into my account and ok'd the searches and said that the claim should update sometime today. I have heard many of you singing Josh's praises...and I have to tell you you are all spot on. This young man turns an unpleasant situation into a wonderful experience. I commended him on his expertise and customer service qualities. I will be writing a letter to the director of AWI telling her what an asset Josh is to AWI.

P.S. Josh was unaware of the article in the Sun-Sentinel regarding the suspension of review of claims before payment.....so don't be surprised if those of you who are having trouble trying to get your claim past work search review still encounter problems. Obviously AWI doesn't communicate well with it's Rep's....but I doubt that surprised any of us.
GonzoFL
GonzoFL

Back to top Go down

Post  nancym Tue Aug 18, 2009 10:46 am

GonzoFL wrote:...P.S. Josh was unaware of the article in the Sun-Sentinel regarding the suspension of review of claims before payment.....so don't be surprised if those of you who are having trouble trying to get your claim past work search review still encounter problems. Obviously AWI doesn't communicate well with it's Rep's....but I doubt that surprised any of us.

What a relief! I think we can call it a victory for common sense and sanity, and thank you's to Jim, NELP and their local advocates, all of you who called and wrote in. AWI claims that they were in the process of a decision to change things anyway, and no wonder, since continuing like that would have eventually brought their whole working system down.

Now the question remains about that pesky "methods" issue. I suspect this was just a result of the flagging, and the reps seemed to be making up their own imaginary reasons for the flag, not knowing any better. But I wonder if a claim in future is flagged for some reason, say a wrong date or something, I wonder if they will revert to this "2 different methods" faulty reasoning. Let's hope not.
nancym
nancym

Back to top Go down

Post  Robyn Tue Aug 18, 2009 10:55 am

GonzoFL wrote:I notice that the AWI system is moving at a snails pace this morning. If I recall correctly,when I first claimed EB on line it either did not ask for any work search info or only asked for 1 week. If the system failed after that 1 1/2 wait.....I suspect your info vanished into cyberspace. You can continue to try and file and if that doesn't work....sigh....you may have to to the phone-a-thon thing.

now i'm paranoid. i replied to this and it's not showing up! i gave up - 7:20 to 9:40 wasted online. i left msg w/ melody and then left josh... here we go again!!

Robyn

Back to top Go down

Post  sc4ram Tue Aug 18, 2009 12:41 pm

Just a update on my status:

I have not yet received my DD from last week's claim. I left a msg (name and phone number only) with Josh and later Melody yesterday and did not receive a call back. I called Cassandra this morning (very pleasant and helpful) and reached her directly. She looked at my data, and said it had been flagged as of yesterday but the flag had been removed yesterday and she asked me if I had talked to anybody else (which I had not, but I told her I had left a msg but no ID info with Josh and Melody) .

I said if the flag had been removed yesterday then there must now be no problem. She said to be sure, she will print out my work search info and take it to the dept that clears these flags to ensure there would be no holds on a check release approval today. Her expectation was that my claim should be relased tonite (when it batches thru overnite) and should show in the system tomorrow . (then DD will follow at the normal cycle time)

Cassandra was great, no gripes, no interogation, no critique. I'll post if and when I get some results. Surprised
sc4ram
sc4ram

Back to top Go down

Post  Robbi314 Tue Aug 18, 2009 1:02 pm

Although I received my DD this morning, this process continues to be a heinous situation. I have to wonder what we will have in store for us next week when we claim again on Monday. I don't think I can handle another week of playing truth or lies with these morons. I did see the article on how they are going to change what they're doing but sorry guys, I don't trust anything they say.

Robbi314

Back to top Go down

Post  Robyn Tue Aug 18, 2009 1:41 pm

Update:
I talked to Melody, who's been getting calls all morning. She said the system's being worked on, many people are calling, and she's leaving early today. Go melody! i can call after 5:30 to see if my claim went thru, but, as she said, "it's going to take a while."
Many who tried to claim regular weeks by phone today were cut off due to high call volume.
On a positive note, i'm so pissed off that i just scrubbed 2 floors.

Robyn

Back to top Go down

Post  nachomama Tue Aug 18, 2009 2:00 pm

I just tried to checked my status online and they are saying :
The system is not available now due to processing of payments. Please try back later.

I have never seen this before.. Has anyone ever seen this or know what the heck it means???

I KNOW THAT IT'S A STUPID QUESTION...
BUT THESE PEOPLE ARE DRIVING ME NUCKIN FUTS

Last edited by nachomama on Tue Aug 18, 2009 2:02 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : ADDING)
nachomama
nachomama

Back to top Go down

Post  GonzoFL Tue Aug 18, 2009 2:22 pm

Nachomama: The system being down for processing of payments is normal. Usually starts about noon...should be done by 3p.m. Check back then.
GonzoFL
GonzoFL

Back to top Go down

Post  nancym Tue Aug 18, 2009 2:23 pm

nachomama wrote:I just tried to checked my status online and they are saying :
The system is not available now due to processing of payments. Please try back later.
I have never seen this before.. Has anyone ever seen this or know what the heck it means???

This is not that unusual, most probably never notice it until they have a problem with a claim and can't access their account online. It's actually a "good thing" in a way, since it means that the system is actually working and usually it does its number crunching of the data entered between something like 12 and 4, or about that.

The processing prepares the data for actual payouts, might be just regular UI, EUC, EB, or any combination of those. So if you wait a while til it finishes processing, you might see a change in your account. Actually, continual checking before this daily processing is usually a waste of time. I think they process over night on weekdays also, but not quite sure when.
nancym
nancym

Back to top Go down

Post  nachomama Tue Aug 18, 2009 2:24 pm

GonzoFL wrote:Nachomama: The system being down for processing of payments is normal. Usually starts about noon...should be done by 3p.m. Check back then.

Thanks, I'll check again in a little while..
nachomama
nachomama

Back to top Go down

Post  Robyn Tue Aug 18, 2009 3:07 pm

OMG!! I just looked online and it's saying a check was issued for 2 weeks!! i never filed on a tuesday before, but will check dd in 2 days.

Robyn

Back to top Go down

Work Search Form Requirements - Page 9 Empty news from AWI

Post  nancym Tue Aug 18, 2009 3:10 pm

This UPDATE is directly from a Program Manager at AWI who called me back just now in reference to what changes are taking place and when:

They are tackling the changes to their system to get rid of the "flagging" in stages:

1) All flags from OLD claims before this week are first, and most likely that process is by now complete since it was started last night. Those old claims, if not already processed, should show up as changes after 4 pm today.

She explained to me that right now their internal system is down in order to get the programming changes done, so there are some delays with the reps, but that should not affect the payment processing that should cover all old claims (from last week) by this evening.

2) CURRENT claims, this is, claims that were entered this week Monday-Tuesday. That is the 2nd stage of flags that they will be removing, most likely complete before next week's claims.

3) Future claims (starting next week Monday); the schedule is still tentative depending on how fast they can get the programming changes done and the previous flags removed, but they are aiming at all claims going normally starting next week, no flags (unless for valid reasons).

You should know that they are planning some kind of communication (maybe even a mailing, or at least a FAQ update) that would be sent or announced to claimants about the resolution of all this. (I begged her to see to it that the website show changes in red or something so we would notice it! She said the original copies internally were marked in red, but it looks like no one checked the Internet!)

Be aware also that some of the programming errors on the work search forms that Marc and I spoke about are supposed to be corrected by next week.

And lastly, she said that reps were being told that what they were telling people about two work search methods was wrong, and we agreed that was probably all because of all the flagging and the reps were guessing at the reasons.
nancym
nancym

Back to top Go down

Work Search Form Requirements - Page 9 Empty Woohoo

Post  DLS79 Tue Aug 18, 2009 3:15 pm

The status online says a check was sent today! Thanks to everyone for your help on this! The cycle will begin next week with the holds...so at least we are prepared this time around!

DLS79

Back to top Go down

Post  Robyn Tue Aug 18, 2009 3:17 pm

nancym wrote:
You should know that they are planning some kind of communication

Time for an 8 p.m. press conference!
AWI addresses its beloved customers....

Seriously, thanks for updating Nancy.

Robyn

Back to top Go down

Post  nancym Tue Aug 18, 2009 3:23 pm

Robyn wrote:
nancym wrote:
You should know that they are planning some kind of communication

Time for an 8 p.m. press conference!
AWI addresses its beloved customers....

Seriously, thanks for updating Nancy.

Heh-heh. That seems to one of their main problems. Their press office has little interest in the communications needed for their "customers", only to the press and the "public." Of course, we ARE the public, not only a huge chunk of it, but we're the ones most interested in their information, and also, still taxpayers! (To say nothing of still voters.)
nancym
nancym

Back to top Go down

Post  Robyn Tue Aug 18, 2009 3:29 pm

nancym wrote:
Heh-heh. That seems to one of their main problems. Their press office has little interest in the communications needed for their "customers", only to the press and the "public." Of course, we ARE the public, not only a huge chunk of it, but we're the ones most interested in their information, and also, still taxpayers! (To say nothing of still voters.)

An Amber Alert??

It would be so easy to update the AWI website.

Robyn

Back to top Go down

Post  GonzoFL Tue Aug 18, 2009 4:09 pm

Thanks for the informative update Nancy. I am also please to report that true to his word,Josh got my work search flags removed and a check was issued to Gonzo the Artiste today!! Wooo Hoooo time to celebrate....Arrrrrrrr.....Time to load the cannon and load the crew pirat
GonzoFL
GonzoFL

Back to top Go down

Work Search Form Requirements - Page 9 Empty Work-search verification

Post  jim stratton Tue Aug 18, 2009 5:18 pm

Folks, sorry for the delay of formal notice, but here's a link to the blog and story talking about the state's turnaround on the issue. Thanks again for all your help. Later I hope to post some of the state's replies to my questions.

http://tinyurl.com/kov2ly

Jim Stratton

jim stratton

Back to top Go down

Post  Robbi314 Tue Aug 18, 2009 5:41 pm

Ok, so according to Jim Stratton's last article the illustrious Robbie Cunningham is calling us all liars. WELL! That's not very good customer service! Since that's what we appear to be...customers. What ever happened to "the customer is always right"??? Maybe, Mr. Cunningham needs a little lesson in being successful at customer service. Or "Customer Service For Fun And Profit" He can hire me. I would me more than happy to host a seminar for all of them there at AWI!!!

Robbi314

Back to top Go down

Post  Marc Tue Aug 18, 2009 5:51 pm

Thank you for your very informative update after your talk with a manager today. I hope she is correct. The flag on my weeks claimed last Tuesday was cleared by Josh on Friday. I the payment will be available in my account tomorrow morning via DD.

And we shall see about next week... Wink

Marc

Marc

Back to top Go down

Post  Unemployed In Orlando Tue Aug 18, 2009 6:34 pm

nancym wrote:This UPDATE is directly from a Program Manager at AWI who called me back just now in reference to what changes are taking place and when:

They are tackling the changes to their system to get rid of the "flagging" in stages:

1) All flags from OLD claims before this week are first, and most likely that process is by now complete since it was started last night. Those old claims, if not already processed, should show up as changes after 4 pm today.

She explained to me that right now their internal system is down in order to get the programming changes done, so there are some delays with the reps, but that should not affect the payment processing that should cover all old claims (from last week) by this evening.

2) CURRENT claims, this is, claims that were entered this week Monday-Tuesday. That is the 2nd stage of flags that they will be removing, most likely complete before next week's claims.

3) Future claims (starting next week Monday); the schedule is still tentative depending on how fast they can get the programming changes done and the previous flags removed, but they are aiming at all claims going normally starting next week, no flags (unless for valid reasons).

You should know that they are planning some kind of communication (maybe even a mailing, or at least a FAQ update) that would be sent or announced to claimants about the resolution of all this. (I begged her to see to it that the website show changes in red or something so we would notice it! She said the original copies internally were marked in red, but it looks like no one checked the Internet!)

Be aware also that some of the programming errors on the work search forms that Marc and I spoke about are supposed to be corrected by next week.

And lastly, she said that reps were being told that what they were telling people about two work search methods was wrong, and we agreed that was probably all because of all the flagging and the reps were guessing at the reasons.

Thank you so much for sharing that Nancy!!! cheers
Unemployed In Orlando
Unemployed In Orlando
Admin

https://unemployed-florida.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Unemployed In Orlando Tue Aug 18, 2009 6:34 pm

jim stratton wrote:Folks, sorry for the delay of formal notice, but here's a link to the blog and story talking about the state's turnaround on the issue. Thanks again for all your help. Later I hope to post some of the state's replies to my questions.

http://tinyurl.com/kov2ly

Jim Stratton

Thanks for posting the link here Jim! Great article guys, check it out.
Unemployed In Orlando
Unemployed In Orlando
Admin

https://unemployed-florida.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 15 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 15  Next