Unemployed Florida

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Unemployed Florida
Unemployed Florida
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Work Search Form Requirements

+46
looking for work 2009
seahorse
LindaLou
Sheila
John in Orlando
NELP
surfer
botanyandbodies
sa112263
maybee
grandmom49
JaxKnight
scrappy367
Me From Jax
john
garyb
mom4x
spirit
Unemployed Mamma
nachomama
DLS79
dplboc
mhigurl
pyrox
elissa
astettner
suicidal
riceckr
jim stratton
ArleneG
GonzoFL
help
Robyn
sherbetarchitect
hungry in orange city
Marc
Robbi314
JennyB
sc4ram
WMac
brb2007
daytonawanda
SaraJ
Maggi MIami
nancym
Unemployed In Orlando
50 posters

Page 8 of 15 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 11 ... 15  Next

Go down

Work Search Form Requirements - Page 8 Empty Re: Work Search Form Requirements

Post  Robbi314 Mon Aug 17, 2009 3:52 pm

LOL! Yeah that should be interesting Surprised

Robbi314

Back to top Go down

Post  DLS79 Mon Aug 17, 2009 3:56 pm

Robyn wrote:DLS, did you claim your EB weeks for the first time today? Did anyone just file, and it was their first time claiming EB weeks??

If so.. is there a place to type in work search details?? I hope that when I go to file online tomorrow, there will be an area to include job search info .. that's common sense, but everything has been so screwed up that I don't know anymore.. Thanks!

No, today was not my first time. I've been claiming for a year and I claimed my actual weeks last Monday.

DLS79

Back to top Go down

Post  Unemployed In Orlando Mon Aug 17, 2009 3:58 pm

riceckr wrote:Well I finally got through to someone today. I called the same call center that Josh and Melody reside at at spoke to a incredibly nice lady named Cassandra. She informed me that I had 2 flags on my claim. The first flag was because I chose not to claim 1 week because I was out of town and did not perform a work search. She informed me that since I chose no (at the new page outlining the EB requirements) that this disqualified me from EB. I then repeated that this should not disqualify me that it was in the rules, but somehow the system was not agreeing with me.

She checked with her supervisor ( which is Melody )and she agreed that the system is doing something wrong and fixed everything for me. she said if we have any questions her extension is 1493. So now we have another contact at the same call center. It turns out that Josh, Melody, and Cassandra are all on the same team.

Thanks for the additional contact, if you dont mind any time anyone gets another good extension of someone helpful please fee free to post as a reply in the AWI Contacts thread Very Happy
Unemployed In Orlando
Unemployed In Orlando
Admin

https://unemployed-florida.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  SaraJ Mon Aug 17, 2009 4:00 pm

DLS79 wrote:
I don't know, at this point, the money still isn't saying sent. So I'm at a loss.

DLS79 - If Melody said she removed the flag, I'm sure she did. When did you initially claim? When did you talk to her? Give it time....look tonight or first thing in the morning. I know it VERY frustrating as things are taking forever. Hang in there!

SaraJ

Back to top Go down

Work Search Form Requirements - Page 8 Empty The "Stratton" Effect

Post  Unemployed In Orlando Mon Aug 17, 2009 4:02 pm

See more about the "Stratton Effect" at the link below! Jim gets answers!!

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/news_local_blogonomics/2009/08/after-saturdays-story-about-peoples-unemployment-checks-being-delayed-i-got-an-e-mail-from-the-state-as-best-i-can-tell-it.html

I truly do appreciate the time he has put into covering EB for us a few months now, especially the delays now with the work search hold-ups!!
Unemployed In Orlando
Unemployed In Orlando
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DLS79 Mon Aug 17, 2009 4:03 pm

SaraJ wrote:
DLS79 wrote:
I don't know, at this point, the money still isn't saying sent. So I'm at a loss.

DLS79 - If Melody said she removed the flag, I'm sure she did. When did you initially claim? When did you talk to her? Give it time....look tonight or first thing in the morning. I know it VERY frustrating as things are taking forever. Hang in there!

She said the flag was removed around 12ish? I initially claimed my weeks last Monday. I think they update their systems around 2ish, so it would've been there. But wasn't, so I'll wait until tomorrow.

DLS79

Back to top Go down

Post  SaraJ Mon Aug 17, 2009 4:08 pm

DLS79 wrote:
SaraJ wrote:
DLS79 wrote:

She said the flag was removed around 12ish? I initially claimed my weeks last Monday. I think they update their systems around 2ish, so it would've been there. But wasn't, so I'll wait until tomorrow.

I claimed last Tues, talked to the rep Sat. & it didn't show a check was cut until after lunch today I think around 1:30 pm. Of course it's not in my bank yet. So hopefully yours will be cut this afternoon...

SaraJ

Back to top Go down

Post  nachomama Mon Aug 17, 2009 4:11 pm

Does anybody know for sure that we will have to play the phone game every time we claim EB weeks??? I have had no time to look for work today.. I've been calling AWI every 10 -15 minutes.. and still haven't talked to anyone.
nachomama
nachomama

Back to top Go down

Work Search Form Requirements - Page 8 Empty work search verification

Post  jim stratton Mon Aug 17, 2009 4:33 pm

Folks, this is posted on AWI's FAQ about EB. Does anyone know when it was added? Hard to tell because at the bottom of the FAQ there's a long list of when it was updated. Anyone remember approximately when you might have seen this?

"EB payment and work search requirements
EB laws require a review of your work search record after you have been notified of the EB work search requirement. The week ending 7/25/09 and thereafter will require a review of your work search record before payment can be released. Payments will be processed as soon as the work search record has been reviewed."

Also, an incredibly crass request. If you feel my reporting on this has been valuable please contact my editors: Charlotte Hall (editor of the paper, chall@orlandosentinel.com); Mark Russell (managing editor, mrussell@orlandosentinel.com) and Lisa Cianci (news editor, lcianci@orlandosentinel.com)

Love talking with you guys, but I'm trying to put off joining your ranks as long as possible.

jim stratton

Back to top Go down

Work Search Form Requirements - Page 8 Empty I heart Josh

Post  mom4x Mon Aug 17, 2009 4:50 pm

Thanks for the info on Josh, he was so polite, kind, and helpful. Why cant everyone be like Josh? He processed my stuff manual and said I should see a release by tomorrow.

mom4x

Back to top Go down

Post  nancym Mon Aug 17, 2009 4:54 pm

nachomama wrote:Does anybody know for sure that we will have to play the phone game every time we claim EB weeks??? I have had no time to look for work today.. I've been calling AWI every 10 -15 minutes.. and still haven't talked to anyone.

That's the REAL irony of all this. When I learned of the unexpected 6-day delay on my DD, I had to review all my bills, rework my plans for those, and hope that the delay won't go longer than what I was finally told (Wednesday, and my account did update today from my call last Friday).

Like we really have time to take care of all our survival emergencies and look for work in a serious way and have time left over to deal with this seemingly never-ending nonsense from AWI.

I really AM going to apply for head of AWI. I have the qualifications, I'm sure many others in Florida that are unemployed do as well. Of course, I'll make that an EXTRA entry on my job search, so it doesn't have to count, but I don't think I can resist the effort.
nancym
nancym

Back to top Go down

Post  Unemployed In Orlando Mon Aug 17, 2009 5:00 pm

jim stratton wrote:Folks, this is posted on AWI's FAQ about EB. Does anyone know when it was added? Hard to tell because at the bottom of the FAQ there's a long list of when it was updated. Anyone remember approximately when you might have seen this?

"EB payment and work search requirements
EB laws require a review of your work search record after you have been notified of the EB work search requirement. The week ending 7/25/09 and thereafter will require a review of your work search record before payment can be released. Payments will be processed as soon as the work search record has been reviewed."

Also, an incredibly crass request. If you feel my reporting on this has been valuable please contact my editors: Charlotte Hall (editor of the paper, chall@orlandosentinel.com); Mark Russell (managing editor, mrussell@orlandosentinel.com) and Lisa Cianci (news editor, lcianci@orlandosentinel.com)

Love talking with you guys, but I'm trying to put off joining your ranks as long as possible.

LOL! I hope you never have to join our ranks Jim affraid hahaha You would pull your hair out!

Please guys and gals, take a quick second to shoot an email to the addys above if you appreciate Jims help, I know I sure do!! cheers
Unemployed In Orlando
Unemployed In Orlando
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Unemployed In Orlando Mon Aug 17, 2009 5:01 pm

nancym wrote:
nachomama wrote:Does anybody know for sure that we will have to play the phone game every time we claim EB weeks??? I have had no time to look for work today.. I've been calling AWI every 10 -15 minutes.. and still haven't talked to anyone.

That's the REAL irony of all this. When I learned of the unexpected 6-day delay on my DD, I had to review all my bills, rework my plans for those, and hope that the delay won't go longer than what I was finally told (Wednesday, and my account did update today from my call last Friday).

Like we really have time to take care of all our survival emergencies and look for work in a serious way and have time left over to deal with this seemingly never-ending nonsense from AWI.

I really AM going to apply for head of AWI. I have the qualifications, I'm sure many others in Florida that are unemployed do as well. Of course, I'll make that an EXTRA entry on my job search, so it doesn't have to count, but I don't think I can resist the effort.

Nancy, will you at least hire me as your assistant? lol!
Unemployed In Orlando
Unemployed In Orlando
Admin

Back to top Go down

Work Search Form Requirements - Page 8 Empty Answer to Jim S. question

Post  Robyn Mon Aug 17, 2009 5:05 pm

EDIT:UIO is correct about date being Aug. 5

love this litle guy --> rendeer

Last edited by Robyn on Mon Aug 17, 2009 5:37 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : my damn mush brain)

Robyn

Back to top Go down

Post  nancym Mon Aug 17, 2009 5:06 pm

Unemployed In Orlando wrote:
nancym wrote:

I really AM going to apply for head of AWI.

Nancy, will you at least hire me as your assistant? lol!

Hee-hee! Of course, gotcha covered UIO! Laughing
nancym
nancym

Back to top Go down

Work Search Form Requirements - Page 8 Empty FYI

Post  DLS79 Mon Aug 17, 2009 5:12 pm

Since I called the contacts this morning and was told by 3 different people that my claim was cleared, I checked the website after 2 and nothing. So I decided to call back again and got ahold of Josh. He said that YES my claim was cleared; however, the weeks needed to be claimed again. He had to manually claim my weeks for me and he said that tomorrow they should show for payment. Josh has been a very big help during all of this. He offered his assistance at any point in time. We need to make sure that AWI takes notice in these employees who offer beneficial help.

Also, has anyone else been told their issues were cleared this morning? If so, were your weeks paid out per the computer today?

DLS79

Back to top Go down

Work Search Form Requirements - Page 8 Empty Question

Post  GonzoFL Mon Aug 17, 2009 5:16 pm

Since I claimed my weeks just today,how long should I wait before I start hounding AWI?
Normally by this time of day,my account would have already updated(boy....has that ship ever sailed and sunk!). I suspect I should at least give until tomorrow. God knows I would hate to pressure anyone at AWI to do their freaking job,but then again I don't want to wait to long either. Any thoughts or opinions would be greatly appreciated.
GonzoFL
GonzoFL

Back to top Go down

Post  Robbi314 Mon Aug 17, 2009 5:20 pm

I'd call them later this evening when the phone lines cool down a bit. I think they answer tilll like 6:30

Robbi314

Back to top Go down

Post  Unemployed In Orlando Mon Aug 17, 2009 5:22 pm

Robyn wrote:I saw that for the first time on the AWI site last Thursday. So 8/13.

It actually showed up on 8/5, I keep a running copy of the EB faq lol Very Happy

Posted below wondering if people had issues and OH BOY, did we ever lol

https://unemployed-florida.forumotion.com/latest-2009-eb-news-f1/work-search-form-requirements-t10-25.htm#403
Unemployed In Orlando
Unemployed In Orlando
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  spirit Mon Aug 17, 2009 5:22 pm

I got a call back from Denise Grimsly office at around 3:30 pm this afternoon, telling that my check will be mailed on wednesday. Just in time for me to start all this over again after claiming my weeks on the 24th. This is pure agony to all of us. And I can say this much, if the ones we are calling and demanding to know where our checks are were in our situation they would be screaming there fool heads off.

spirit

Back to top Go down

Post  sc4ram Mon Aug 17, 2009 11:39 pm

A write up on the work search verification at the link below by Marcia Pounds @ the Sun Sentinel FYI

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/business/sfl-extended-benefits-081809,0,7188463.story
sc4ram
sc4ram

Back to top Go down

Post  GonzoFL Tue Aug 18, 2009 12:19 am

Thanks for the update sc4ram....that's good news indeed,gives some credence to the old saying"The squeaky wheel gets the grease". Thanks to all of you for keeping the pressure on AWI and getting the story out to the media. I love to see the underdog victorious!!
GonzoFL
GonzoFL

Back to top Go down

Post  hungry in orange city Tue Aug 18, 2009 8:49 am

Money is in account!
hungry in orange city
hungry in orange city

Back to top Go down

Post  Robbi314 Tue Aug 18, 2009 9:42 am

Mine is too! FINALLY!! Razz

Robbi314

Back to top Go down

Post  Robyn Tue Aug 18, 2009 9:59 am

I tried to claim - i was not asked to give work search details?? - and at end i got "system lost connection." will retry but this took almost 1 1/2 hours..
This doesn't seem right. I claimed before on Mondays. This was first time for EB but no work search info? Should I mail in the form? Call later?

Robyn

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 15 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 11 ... 15  Next