Unemployed Florida

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Unemployed Florida
Unemployed Florida
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Claiming Retro Weeks Online

+23
Maggi MIami
nancym
Joanne
hsd
sherbetarchitect
GonzoFL
angry
Amber
Cam in FL
flmommyof2
Me From Jax
ArleneG
A-A-A-A79
Jacqui
aiden lee
pslmom
Robbi314
b_raffman
magic45
Jenn
pebbles
sc4ram
Unemployed In Orlando
27 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Claiming Retro Weeks Online - Page 3 Empty Re: Claiming Retro Weeks Online

Post  Jacqui Thu Jul 16, 2009 1:27 pm

GonzoFL wrote:I applied on line for EB on July 8th when my account finally zeroed out. As of this morning...my account shows $5500. and my next date to claim is July 20th. Not looking the proverbial gift horse in the mouth,but didn't my account update quicker than most?

No i think about average. I filed on the 13th and mine updated last friday. I know they say it is in order, but i think some people have cut and dry claims and some are a bit more intense due to the new quarter (IE UIO), or time frame from the last tier. But UIO has had reassuarnce that just about everyones should be done by the 17th. I am sure there will some exceptions but I think thats pretty good for the amount of claims and issues they have had.

I do agree that now may not have been the best time to update their system!!

Glad to hear you are rolling Gonzo!!

Jacqui

Back to top Go down

Post  Unemployed In Orlando Thu Jul 16, 2009 4:23 pm

Awesome GONZO!! Im glad to hear yours went through ok, let us know if you have any hangups. Im trying to documents as many problems as I can for future use on a project Twisted Evil
Unemployed In Orlando
Unemployed In Orlando
Admin

https://unemployed-florida.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  GonzoFL Thu Jul 16, 2009 4:56 pm

Unemployed In Orlando wrote:Awesome GONZO!! Im glad to hear yours went through ok, let us know if you have any hangups. Im trying to documents as many problems as I can for future use on a project Twisted Evil

I will let you know the results, Since i can claim on the 20th...we will see if I get any DD that week
GonzoFL
GonzoFL

Back to top Go down

Post  Jacqui Thu Jul 16, 2009 5:35 pm

UIO I wanted to say that you have been AWESOME. I will check back frequently, but i finally updated today with a my second check out today for 3300 and I have only 1 1/2 weeks left to claim for my total of 4474 (plus my 400 stimulus). So pretty much I am done. I justed wanted to say what a big help you have been thru all this. Good luck on getting yours straightened out!!!!

Jacqui

Back to top Go down

Post  sherbetarchitect Thu Jul 16, 2009 6:06 pm

Just claimed from 6/6 thru 7/11 - hoping for checks to be issued tomorrow. Had a flag on my claim for living out of state that just got removed.

sherbetarchitect

Back to top Go down

Post  Unemployed In Orlando Thu Jul 16, 2009 7:32 pm

Jacqui wrote:UIO I wanted to say that you have been AWESOME. I will check back frequently, but i finally updated today with a my second check out today for 3300 and I have only 1 1/2 weeks left to claim for my total of 4474 (plus my 400 stimulus). So pretty much I am done. I justed wanted to say what a big help you have been thru all this. Good luck on getting yours straightened out!!!!

Your welcome Jacqui Very Happy Im glad to hear they have got you straight, dont be a stranger and stop by, even though the EB might be straight for some people we still want to carry on this forum with a place to network employment, other possible stimulus in the future and other good stuff for us floridians. Very Happy
Unemployed In Orlando
Unemployed In Orlando
Admin

Back to top Go down

Claiming Retro Weeks Online - Page 3 Empty I got some of mine

Post  hsd Fri Jul 17, 2009 1:22 pm

I filed online for I think 4 or 5 weeks, not sure because it didn't let me in again. Got the mail in form, sent that with the weeks I thought I didn't claim yet up to 7/11/2009. Also sent a letter stating my confusion because I got a dd of $1100 + $100, the next day I got a dd of $275 & $25. I called EB & they said the supposed $2916 (which is about 10 weeks, not the 20 of EB) stated as my account balance had nothing to do with EB & was due to UE which has been exhausted since 4/26/2009. Now I got the letter stating that I should continue filing online. I can't get through to UE. When I go online, it lets me file for 6/6/2009. Since I sent in the forms til 7/11, I am thinking I just need to wait so that there is not further confusion. They should have decided on a method & stuck with that. Now they have to cross check everything. PS, I have applied for hundreds of jobs & only got two interviews in over a year. And nothing came of them. I don't sleep well.
hsd
hsd

Back to top Go down

Claiming Retro Weeks Online - Page 3 Empty Reto weeks and then....

Post  Joanne Sun Jul 19, 2009 5:03 pm

I am really confused... Hopeing someone can clear this up for me... I have been issued, what seems to be 15 wks retro so far.. I received a notification intially that states I qualified for 50% or 13 wks, then turned around the next day and received a re-determination for 80% or 20 wks... My next date to claim benefits shows as 7/28, and my balance is now showing $580.00....

Once the $580 is gone, is that it.. or will my balance increase again.. I was under the impression once retro was paid we were still able to claim wks until the end of the year..??? I know my balance has changed once already, just wondering if the $580 is it or will there be more added once I claim on the 28th...???

Anyone know??

Thanks.... Question

Joanne

Back to top Go down

Post  Unemployed In Orlando Sun Jul 19, 2009 5:27 pm

Joanne wrote:I am really confused... Hopeing someone can clear this up for me... I have been issued, what seems to be 15 wks retro so far.. I received a notification intially that states I qualified for 50% or 13 wks, then turned around the next day and received a re-determination for 80% or 20 wks... My next date to claim benefits shows as 7/28, and my balance is now showing $580.00....

Once the $580 is gone, is that it.. or will my balance increase again.. I was under the impression once retro was paid we were still able to claim wks until the end of the year..??? I know my balance has changed once already, just wondering if the $580 is it or will there be more added once I claim on the 28th...???

Anyone know??

Thanks.... Question

Nope, once your balance is gone then thats it. EB is available to the end of the year for those who qualify to claim, meaning it can be applied for and claimed till then. That doesnt mean you get payments till the end of the year. Jan 2010 is in essence the "expiration date" for the 3rd tier EB program. The only money you get in this 3rd tier is what has been awarded as credits already. After that, you would need to wait for the state or feds to approve another extension and drag us all through hell again. Mad
Unemployed In Orlando
Unemployed In Orlando
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Joanne Sun Jul 19, 2009 6:42 pm

Unemployed In Orlando wrote:
Joanne wrote:I am really confused... Hopeing someone can clear this up for me... I have been issued, what seems to be 15 wks retro so far.. I received a notification intially that states I qualified for 50% or 13 wks, then turned around the next day and received a re-determination for 80% or 20 wks... My next date to claim benefits shows as 7/28, and my balance is now showing $580.00....

Anyone know??

Thanks.... Question

Nope, once your balance is gone then thats it. EB is available to the end of the year for those who qualify to claim, meaning it can be applied for and claimed till then. That doesnt mean you get payments till the end of the year. Jan 2010 is in essence the "expiration date" for the 3rd tier EB program. The only money you get in this 3rd tier is what has been awarded as credits already. After that, you would need to wait for the state or feds to approve another extension and drag us all through hell again. Mad

That's what I was afraid of... Not that I am not appreciative for the benefits I have received, since I was able to catch up on most bills, however, would be nice to continue receiving until the end of the year... We wait and wait until it comes in, pay all that we have not been able to pay and then..... it's gone and back to figuring out plan B... I have been searching for work seems like forever and it's making me sick to my stomach the stress it is causing.. anyways... thanks for the reply... Good Luck to you.... BTW... I am loving this website!!

Joanne

Back to top Go down

Claiming Retro Weeks Online - Page 3 Empty Work history

Post  angry Mon Jul 20, 2009 9:31 am

Good Morning was wondering if anyone knows if we have to provide work history starting next claim date.

angry

Back to top Go down

Post  Unemployed In Orlando Mon Jul 20, 2009 9:41 am

angry wrote:Good Morning was wondering if anyone knows if we have to provide work history starting next claim date.

Only thing I found out is what I posted in the Work Search Forms thread Arrow
Unemployed In Orlando
Unemployed In Orlando
Admin

Back to top Go down

Claiming Retro Weeks Online - Page 3 Empty UE or EB?

Post  hsd Mon Jul 20, 2009 11:31 am

I think I've hopelessly confused the issue, I show $2916 as my balance after a payout of 5 weeks EB, so I don't know where they come up with that balance. Shouldn't it be $4125? And I partially did the first 4 weeks online, then filled out the paper form til 7/11. I paid out my bills from what I got, now I'm going to be short on rent since there is an unknown time to wait for paper application. I don't even know how to explain it to anyone via phone. Or is there a tier for the payout on EB? I don't understand if I can also apply online disregarding the fact that I submitted by paper? Whenever I called EB, they said that they couldn't/wouldn't access my info so they couldn't tell me what my balance was. UE calls don't go through to anyone.
hsd
hsd

Back to top Go down

Post  Unemployed In Orlando Mon Jul 20, 2009 3:44 pm

hsd wrote:I think I've hopelessly confused the issue, I show $2916 as my balance after a payout of 5 weeks EB, so I don't know where they come up with that balance. Shouldn't it be $4125? And I partially did the first 4 weeks online, then filled out the paper form til 7/11. I paid out my bills from what I got, now I'm going to be short on rent since there is an unknown time to wait for paper application. I don't even know how to explain it to anyone via phone. Or is there a tier for the payout on EB? I don't understand if I can also apply online disregarding the fact that I submitted by paper? Whenever I called EB, they said that they couldn't/wouldn't access my info so they couldn't tell me what my balance was. UE calls don't go through to anyone.

The first part of your question, your balance should show remaining credits $2916 AFTER the 5 weeks had been paid from the $4125 amount.

You should be able to claim the retro weeks online on your next date to claim instead of using the paper retro claim form. I believe those were only a precautionary back up measure in case they didnt have the system up and running with the ability to claim retro.
Unemployed In Orlando
Unemployed In Orlando
Admin

Back to top Go down

Claiming Retro Weeks Online - Page 3 Empty to UIO

Post  nancym Fri Jul 31, 2009 2:27 pm

GAWD! I just read about what's happened with your "new benefit year." What an injustice, when you've been so proactive to get help straightening out everyone else's problems and then they put your through that!

I understand the oddball catch-22 that new benefit years can be calculated if you work, and I know that won't happen if the only work you report is contract, but I don't see how they can re-qualify you on just that small amount. Granted new benefit years can be less money, but I thought they followed the same rules as a new claim, that you had to have worked a certain number of quarters and earned so much amount of money, etc. (can't recall the details), so I would be totally surprised if your glitch is nothing more than a glitch, not a legitimate benefit year calculation.

Beyond that, you've taken so much initiative to get this forum going that it only seems just that you should be picked up by some company or organization where you can do similar work (if it interested you on a larger scale) and get paid for it.

Two lessons I see here for all of us:
1) beware of applying for tiny little jobs that are "salaried" as opposed to temp contract (no taxes, not covered under UI, even when reported), and
2) even though this whole thing is aggravating to the max, I see the work you are doing to pull this forum together as useful in future to whatever possible career path you find or make for yourself. And it beats sitting and waiting and panicking!

Thanks for everything.
nancym
nancym

Back to top Go down

Post  Unemployed In Orlando Fri Jul 31, 2009 8:38 pm

nancym wrote:GAWD! I just read about what's happened with your "new benefit year." What an injustice, when you've been so proactive to get help straightening out everyone else's problems and then they put your through that!

I understand the oddball catch-22 that new benefit years can be calculated if you work, and I know that won't happen if the only work you report is contract, but I don't see how they can re-qualify you on just that small amount. Granted new benefit years can be less money, but I thought they followed the same rules as a new claim, that you had to have worked a certain number of quarters and earned so much amount of money, etc. (can't recall the details), so I would be totally surprised if your glitch is nothing more than a glitch, not a legitimate benefit year calculation.

Beyond that, you've taken so much initiative to get this forum going that it only seems just that you should be picked up by some company or organization where you can do similar work (if it interested you on a larger scale) and get paid for it.

Two lessons I see here for all of us:
1) beware of applying for tiny little jobs that are "salaried" as opposed to temp contract (no taxes, not covered under UI, even when reported), and
2) even though this whole thing is aggravating to the max, I see the work you are doing to pull this forum together as useful in future to whatever possible career path you find or make for yourself. And it beats sitting and waiting and panicking!

Thanks for everything.

Thanks Nancy I appreciate your comments. Yeah it sucks seeing everyone finally get things settled and then having that happen with the new benefit year and $87 a week in benefits. I am just glad others were able to get things resolved. I was a GM of a retail center for a national home builder before the housing bubble burst at the end of 2007. Its impossible to think I would ever make near 200k again annually in this state with what I specialize in with sales and sales management. I cant even get a call from walmart or publix to even work midnight shift stocking shelves. Orlando has almost nothing available, either 10,000 people apply for one job or I am considered over-qualified and they think I would just take a low paying job as a temporary fix and then quit after a few weeks. The sad thing is I go into a store, restaurant etc and see these "managers" or people who think they are, and they sit around do jack-shit! Terrible customer service, bad attitudes etc and probably make 40-50k a year. I am quite a bit of charisma and cant understand why I cannot get even an interview with these companies. In the mean time we have to deal with imbeciles about getting benefits from the state, and now they cant even get that right for some of us...... Evil or Very Mad
Unemployed In Orlando
Unemployed In Orlando
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Maggi MIami Sun Aug 09, 2009 1:14 pm

hi, UIO !!! i, again this morning, heard on State of the Union on CNN, a republican saying something about the possible extension of the Unemployment Benefits, he did not go into much detail but he did say it!

listen, one important question you might be able to answer......let's say they call me for a job and i start working now, i still have about $2.000 left on my account, will they save that amount in case later on i am unemployed again or will i lose that amount? was really curious (and a bit worried about that),,,,,thanks sooo much UIO! Very Happy
Maggi MIami
Maggi MIami

Back to top Go down

Post  Unemployed In Orlando Sun Aug 09, 2009 1:21 pm

Maggi MIami wrote:hi, UIO !!! i, again this morning, heard on State of the Union on CNN, a republican saying something about the possible extension of the Unemployment Benefits, he did not go into much detail but he did say it!

listen, one important question you might be able to answer......let's say they call me for a job and i start working now, i still have about $2.000 left on my account, will they save that amount in case later on i am unemployed again or will i lose that amount? was really curious (and a bit worried about that),,,,,thanks sooo much UIO! Very Happy

Hey Maggi, if you become employed again then you would have to apply for a new claim if you become unemployed. It would be a brand new process. Then if by chance you were to exhaust the regular claim, you would then be able to get benefits from your remaining 2000 balance if it were still within the EB timeframe. Currently they are looking to extend this but as of now EB will be no more after the end of this year.
Unemployed In Orlando
Unemployed In Orlando
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Maggi MIami Sun Aug 09, 2009 4:14 pm

Hey UIO, what i meant was that, if EB is finished in December, ...let's say i get a job around now, it is almost mid August, i doubt i would become unemployed again in 3-4 months, that would really be called BAD LUCK...i honestly don't think that would happen, anyway, so in other words, if I keep working, which i hope i would, then those 2,000 will be lost forever, as December is only about 4 months away, see what i am trying to get at???? Rolling Eyes Question
Maggi MIami
Maggi MIami

Back to top Go down

Post  Unemployed In Orlando Sun Aug 09, 2009 6:21 pm

Maggi MIami wrote:Hey UIO, what i meant was that, if EB is finished in December, ...let's say i get a job around now, it is almost mid August, i doubt i would become unemployed again in 3-4 months, that would really be called BAD LUCK...i honestly don't think that would happen, anyway, so in other words, if I keep working, which i hope i would, then those 2,000 will be lost forever, as December is only about 4 months away, see what i am trying to get at???? Rolling Eyes Question

Currently EB benefits expire the last week of December of this year, HR3404 would extend that till the end of 2010 if passed as currently written. Regardless, if you became unemployed again then you would have to start a new claim before you could pull from the EB account. Thats what is happening with me, I worked for 2 weeks last xmas season as a temp position, on 7/1 i was recertified and put on a brand new claim for $87 a week in benefits for 13 weeks, once those run out soon I will go back onto my EB since you cannot open a new EUC account, I have 3800 in EB which would then bump me back up to the 275 a week like I was before. The way the law is written for EB and EUC is that they cannot be accessed if there is means for payment out of a regular claim, new or old. Of course if for some reason you lost that job you would then have to file a new claim. They arent going to put you right back into EB. Hope that helps ya understand a little.
Unemployed In Orlando
Unemployed In Orlando
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Maggi MIami Sun Aug 09, 2009 6:26 pm

gotcha! perfectly understood. you are one of a kind. thank you!!!!! I love you
Maggi MIami
Maggi MIami

Back to top Go down

Post  Unemployed In Orlando Tue Aug 11, 2009 6:23 pm

Maggi MIami wrote:hELLO, rOBB...but it takes two days for monies to either be DD or issued, well, i don't know about checks mailed, i think they say that checks are mailed one day after claiming, and in my case, i always get the monies DD two days after my claim date, so if i claim on Tuesdays, my monies were always in my bank on Thursday, see what i mean? they should think that we are all hurting like hell, now that we were a bit relieved because of this EB, now they are starting to make it hell again. let's see what UIO has to say about this....HEY UIO!!!!!! We need your wise input!!!!!!!

Hey Maggi, please follow along with whats in the Work Search thread, this is the wrong thread and only for people who are claiming retro weeks online bounce
Unemployed In Orlando
Unemployed In Orlando
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Maggi MIami Tue Aug 11, 2009 6:46 pm

oooops, so sorry about that.! Embarassed
Maggi MIami
Maggi MIami

Back to top Go down

Post  scrappy367 Mon Aug 17, 2009 9:33 pm

can someone please help me? I have been getting umemployment since November of 2008. It ran out once and they automatically extended it, now I just applied for extended benefits and they granted me another 20 weeks and 3390$. Well I last Tuesday I had two weeks to claim so I claimed them online like usual. Only this time I havent gotten the DD yet and it still says my original amount is in there and no checks issued and it gives my next date to claim August 25th. What is going on here? Everytime I call the number it is busy busy busy busy. What do I do here? Can you guys please help me out?!?! I would appreciate it alot. Thanks

scrappy367

Back to top Go down

Post  Unemployed In Orlando Mon Aug 17, 2009 9:39 pm

scrappy367 wrote:can someone please help me? I have been getting umemployment since November of 2008. It ran out once and they automatically extended it, now I just applied for extended benefits and they granted me another 20 weeks and 3390$. Well I last Tuesday I had two weeks to claim so I claimed them online like usual. Only this time I havent gotten the DD yet and it still says my original amount is in there and no checks issued and it gives my next date to claim August 25th. What is going on here? Everytime I call the number it is busy busy busy busy. What do I do here? Can you guys please help me out?!?! I would appreciate it alot. Thanks

Probably a flag on your account for some reason. I would suggest calling Josh or Melody whose numbers and extensions you can find in the AWI contacts thread Very Happy

Please let us know if you find out and get it fixed tomorrow and thanks for joining the site bounce
Unemployed In Orlando
Unemployed In Orlando
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next